July 2019 Moms

What my pregnant self is eating

Re: What my pregnant self is eating

• @pregnant_and_paleo I"m day 18! Woot pregnant W30 buddies! Starting to get a little bored, but my desire to not cook is going to keep me in this rut I think...
    @mamanbebe Tomato soup/grilled cheese happened so many times for me in the first trimester!

• @strickland8052 aren't drunken noodles the bomb? It's all I eat at Thai places!!

@hakele I've had hot pockets on my radar lately. I'll probably be getting some soon.

For the record, I haven't been eat only junk. :) Got some mangoes at the store last week and have been on cloud nine! So excited for spring and summer where more delicious fruit will be available!
  • Loading the player...
  • Nothing after 4:30 p.m. besides Jolly Ranchers and tea and on a really good/I too like to live dangerously day, ice cream, popsicles, and some cheese. "Morning" sickness my a**.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm craving hot curry. I love hot curry anyway, but I totally want it all the time now! 
  • Stopped taking unisom last night thinking I was better. I was wrong. I’m paying for it tonight. I guess my nausea isn’t gone 
    @bartonolivia same 😭
  • rgn12 said:
    Stopped taking unisom last night thinking I was better. I was wrong. I’m paying for it tonight. I guess my nausea isn’t gone 
    @bartonolivia same 😭
    I've tried this 3 times ladies. Failed every time.  :anguished:

• @acgx it’s the worst! I’ve tried twice now.... OB office okayed me to keep taking it so I’m not going to worry too much. 
  • Yes @rgn12 ! My OB said, "I don't care if you're still taking it the night before you deliver. If it's making you feel better, don't stop!" 

• @acgx that’s good to know! 🙌🏻
  • Y’all, I ate the best thing ever. I went to Panera after my morning ob appt and got a cinnamon crunch toasted bagel with cream cheese. O. M. G. It really hit the spot! 
  • edited January 2019
    @rgn12 A place here has french toast bagels. Same theory, albeit not quite as good as cinnamon crunch, but closer to me than the Panera.
  • Pop Tarts! I never bought them pre-pregnancy, but someone mentioned them on Slack at work the other day, I saw them at Target a few days later. Best decision ever. I'm out now, but they're on the list again!
  • I ate the worst thing tonight. We went to a local restaurant because DH had never been and my boss gave us a coupon. DH's gizzards weren't cooked and my pasta sauce was so runny and salty I could barely eat it. It was torture to wait the 30 minutes to get home so I could brush my teeth.  :s
  • @cindler That sounds like such a huge disappointment, pregnancy aside. 

Pho, pho, and more pho here. I can't do authenthic pho very well, but we have a place here on university campus that does a really nice, refreshing and light tofu pho I can get in ginger or spicy coconut broth. 

• The other day, this bump just HAD to have watermelon. So I walked to the grocery store to do some other shopping, bought a damn watermelon and somehow managed to wrestle it home the couple of blocks with 2 other bags of groceries, a cup of Starbucks, and a foot of snow on the ground. I was EXHAUSTED by the time I got home, almost just started to kick it down the block. But it was delicious!!
  • Nothing says "not yet a mom" than making yourself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch and storing it jelly side down in your lunch box.  :|
  • @cindler that made me chuckle. We put peanut butter on both sides of the bread so the jelly doesn’t soak through DSs sandwiches for school. A bit light on the PB on one side so it’s not too much 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I had grilled nuggets from chic fila for lunch with leftover mashed potatoes and an orange- such a good lunch! 
  • Pregnant lady sushi, lol...
    One roll was coconut (so cooked) shrimp with imitation crab (precooked), avocado, and cream cheese. 
    The other was cream cheese, spicy crab mix (again, precooked), avocado, salmon with cheese on the outside, but baked/cheese melted.
  • @cindler ummm I've been making my kids lunches since August with a few days a week being PB&J...I've never thought about this..oops! Mom of the year award 
  • It's ok @Bear14+ I'm going to bet no one became a killer because their PB&J got soggy as a kid.  ;)
  • I feel like if it doesn't move, I am eating it. My sweet tooth is out of control and I have a serious issue with peanut butter and jelly on saltine crackers. 
  • Mango magic smoothie and chicken pesto flat bread from tropical smoothie! The office I’m at every other Tuesday is right by a tropical smoothie, and I’ve been 3 times now. I have a chicken aversion right now, except for that dang flat bread lol. The smoothie is so delicious! 
  • I had to have Pesto pasta today. So I ordered Noodles & Co. Pesto Cavatappi with Parmesan Crusted Chicken. 
    It was so good. 
  • Anyone else finding themselves SUPER-suggestible? Like if someone mentions a food, or there's photos of a food, as long as it's a food I like, it turns into an instant craving.

On the flip side, if I see a photo of a food I don't like, it's instant nausea. For example over the weekend there were a bunch of photos of sunny side up eggs, which I just can't do, even not KU, and I almost had to run to the bathroom.

It's a weirdly strongly split dichotomy...
  • @meandlittleb :D I'm laughing at the visual of a pregnant woman kicking a watermelon down a snowy road while loaded up with grocery bags.
    @greeneyedgirl12 Yes! I think that explains the day I NEEDED Asian noodles. DH was going on about how he went to the Chinese buffet for lunch and how great the lo mein was...and I was almost in tears telling him to forget dinner plans, I NEED LO MEIN TOO. Fortunately a pre-packaged noodle bowl from the grocery store did the trick :) 
    I also yelled at BIL because he finished a glass of milk, then filled it with water and took a sip. I made him go rinse it out and refill it and he was dumbfounded. I still gag thinking about it :confounded:
  • @hestia14 I ordered Lo Mein for dunch. I blame you.  :p

Dunch=dinner/lunch. AKA the meal I tend to eat a lot right now since I don't get to eat after 4:30 in the afternoon or there's almost guaranteed vomiting in my evening plans.
  • @greeneyedgirl12 That's how I ended up at Noodles & Co yesterday. They emailed me to participate in a taste test survey, and then I wanted it NOW. Praise the lord for Mobile Ordering. I had the food ordered, picked up, and returned home in under 15 mins. 

• @greeneyedgirl12 what you call dunch, we call linner! Linner was a big player in my weightloss journey this summer!
  • Hagan Daaz raspberry sorbet hit the spot today 
  • I’m I’m currently obsessed with frozen strawberries 😍
  • @erynpdx after my own heart, I just had DH pick up some strawberry frozen fruit bars last night and they are HEAVENLY
  • Pop tarts and slushies. That's all I want. 
  • @asupernovablizzardstorm pop tarts sound delicious right now! Might be adding them to the grocery list! 
  • @vanillalatte89 Put it in Sprite for a weird float. There's a place in town that had a mimosa with orange sherbet instead of orange juice and I had the mocktail version using sprite and I've gone through a pint of orange sherbet in a week. It turns into somewhere between a slush and a float.
  • I've been really enjoying Coke floats and Coke Slurpees... despite the fact that it's freezing outside! 
  • I was so excited for a yummy salad tonight but couldn't even chew it without gagging. And then throwing up. I could stomach cereal just fine though. Ugh,!!
    FTM
    July 4th
  • All I want is salty foods - lo mein, nachos, mozz sticks. It's killing me a bit.
  • @foodislove Bring on the salt! My blood pressure was so low at my appt last Thursday that I'm convinced I just need to eat more salty foods and so far the result has been lo mein, crab rangoon, more grilled cheese and tomato soup, endless pickles and thai curry. Nachos sound so good tooooo.