July 2019 Moms

Maternity clothes

Re: Maternity clothes

• @alyinnc i just went to motherhood maternity today, they have an outlet store by my house. Jeans were buy 1 get 1 50% off. I ended up picking up 4 pairs. They are more of a jegging, already so much more comfortable then my regular jeans! I feel like I can sit down without my pants stabbing me in the gut 😂
  • Today Motherhood/A Pea in the Pod/Destination Maternity are 30% off most full price styles. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Making a day trip to the city this weekend. Any brick and mortar stores you'd recommend for my first foray into searching for maternity clothes?
  • I got old navy maternity jeans, gap maternity jeans, liz lang maternity top with tags and a pair of black motherhood maternity dress pants for $15 over the weekend. I’m all about thrift stores for my maternity clothes, this will be my last and I'm not about to pay full price on clothes I'll wear for 6 months. 
  • @cindler Gap Kids (they usually have Baby Gap and Maternity inside) and Motherhood Maternity (or A Pea in the Pod/Destination Maternity) are pretty good, some Macy's have a good maternity selection that is a shop in shop of Motherhood Maternity / A Pea in the Pod, and depending on the Target, you can find some cute stuff there too. 
  • @cindler the only stores that carry maternity in my area anymore are Motherhood and Target. H&M used to and I loved their stuff and Old Navy used to and their stuff was decent too. Maybe you can call ahead to check so you aren't on a wild goose chase?
  • I found some great stuff at Macy's!  I assume similar big department stores also have a good selection of maternity clothes, but I haven't checked anywhere else yet.
  • Thanks guys! It'll be an adventure tomorrow!
  • So... am I the only LuLaRoe junkie? 
  • Returned the pants I got from Motherhood Maternity and bought some from Target, the ones from Target feel like actual jeans! Not like the cheap thin jeggings from MM that cost more! 
  • Went to a Motherhood Maternity while in Denver this weekend. The selection was ridiculously small! I was highly disappointed. I'll be hitting up target the next time I'm around one. 
  • Ordered Motherhood maternity jeans. Not a fan. The elastic starts really low and there isn't even a fake normal top hem so they're blatantly obviously maternity jeans.

I had another pair from another brand I had to return because of size, but they looked like normal jeans except for the fly was obviously fake, but they had the whole normal-looking top and then the elastic started.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Does anyone have recommendations on maternity workout clothes (mainly pants)?  
  • @greeneyedgirl12 I totally agree! I bought some and wore them and it was like low cut jeans on me that kept falling off!! it doesn't help that I don't have a huge bump either :(
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I got some hand me down mm jeans. They are terrible about staying up. I thought it was because I was the second person to use them but I love my target maternity jeans much better!
    FTM
    July 4th
  • I bought Gap maternity jeans last time with the low panel and they couldn't even stay up when I was in my third trimester. Now I've got some Zara maternity jeans with a full elasticized panel and they're a little better but they get really stretched out between washes. Now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the maternity overalls I ordered will fit ok. 
  • Ive not been a MM fan in the past, but yesterday I got some really cute stuff for CHEAP at Macy’s. $15 is the most I paid for anything and I’m pretty picky. Worth a look at the clearance rack!
  • @erynpdx Did they carry any other brands at Macy's? I'm thinking of popping in there and Nordstrom tomorrow after I return things to MM. 
  • My Nordstrom doesn't carry maternity anymore :-( not even bras. I have nowhere to shop in-store other than MM. And I live in a decent size city!
  • @cbeanz im worried about that. There isn’t much here, I haven’t tried gap kids for maternity yet but I don’t like their selection lately. 
  • @mamanbebe I went a few weeks ago to Baby Gap/Gap kids. They were remodeling the store and had just gotten rid of their maternity section which, honestly, was small to begin with. 

They have maternity in buy buy baby, alas it's all MM stuff.
  • @cbeanz that is a bummer about the gap. I have a suspicion that it’ll be all MM where I’m going tomorrow too. I have a few tops on their way from other brands this week so FX some of it works. 
  • Someone I work with was very generous and gave me a decent gift card to Neiman Marcus. They have some upscale maternity stuff so I'm considering splurging on one good staple maternity piece. I've been going back and forth between and nice pair of jeans, or an LBD I can wear to work, date night, etc. Any other recommendations?
  • @mamanbebe Nordstrom has ditched the in store maternity, but I’ve ordered some stuff from their website. I think Macy’s just has MM and Pea in the Pod, I was just shocked at how much cheaper Macy’s had them than their actual store fronts.  Oh! And I’m usually an east side girl, but treked to Washington square/Bridgeport village and there was a lot more selection out there. 
    A couple of days ago I had to do a mad dash for an event- ya know the kind where you buy like a ton of stuff, try on at home and return later. I think pretty much all the store front stuff is going back (except one super cute top), but the Macy’s stuff is staying. 

Ugh. Soooo much returning to do this week 😂😂😂
  • @erynpdx Thanks! And good luck with those returns! That is a bummer about Nordstrom, I'm also on the east side and am feeling some ptsd about hitting up Clackamas mall this weekend after being stuck in traffic there for hours over the holidays haha. 

Here is one of the things I ended up ordering that turned out to be a good buy. I saw this shirt on Nordstrom's website and bought it directly from Ingrid & Isabel

https://www.ingridandisabel.com/products/1552-double-layer-woven-top-nursing

It's a maternity shirt but it converts to a nursing top later -- cute with both leggings and jeans. The black one fits a little tight in the arms but the white one fits great. 
  • Well that’s suuuper cute!!! 
    And I hear ya on the mall. I’m going to take an epically long lunch on Tuesday to take care of that shit not on the weekend! 😬
  • FYI Asos is having a really great sale right now including maternity clothes!
  • For anyone having issues with maternity pants staying up, sizing up 1 or 2 sizes in regular jegging type jeans has worked for me for every pregnancy. I have a few pair of maternity pants that work, but half of my pants are regular style jeggings in a bigger size. I’m on the smaller size so a lot of maternity pants end up too big until the 3rd tri.

• @erynpdx You were SO right about Bridgeport. I ended up going out there to return my online purchases and the Destination Maternity store was so much nicer than Motherhood + the sales woman was really helpful. I still hated all of their tops and bras but I found some leggings and jeans and then stopped by Madewell to pickup a couple oversized tops. Win! 
  • Struggling with this myself, but so far am pretty pleased with the over the bump style of compression leggings from Old Navy maternity!
  • Just found out that Uniqlo does maternity pants now! Got two pairs of their black pants - super comfy (but I find they run a bit big). 

Also splurged today on two dresses at Seraphine...

(P.S. not a good idea to go to maternity stores in NYC when pregnant ...way easier to resist when the clothes are on a website vs a real store :))
  • Anyone have strong opinions about over-the-bump leggings brands? All my friends love Blanqi, but $70/pair seems a little much for me! I just want something that's comfy and not see through! 
  • Another place to try for affordable maternity clothes is ThredUp. It’s an online consignment shop. They have Pea in the Pod brands etc for about $20 per pair of jeans when it’s normally $120 new. Plus they buy it back when you don’t need it anymore. 😊
  • hinoteshinotes member
    edited February 2019
    I wanted to get the Old Navy compression leggings for the gym, but they seem to always be sold out in every size except xl, and it's gotten to the point where I actually need them now... I've been wearing regular over the bump leggings (but they're terrible for working out in).  Maybe I'll check some of these consignment options.  
  • Zulily the app has some great options. I've bought something of everything from them at affordable prices. Just make sure to look at the size chart of the items you want. Adding an invite if anyone is interested. 

• @hinotes the Ingrid workout ones at target are awesome. They have the crossover belly, so it is low in the back so you don’t get sweaty. I bought one pair and was so in love, I went back and got two more.  They aren’t bad at $25 a piece. 
    Also, I need to stop going to target and buying all the things.... oops. 
  • Zulily! I just got my first delivery today and the pants are so comfortable and true to the size. Same as the shirts. Plus their inventory changes like every week so there is always something new. And everything is like $25.00 and under so considering we will only wear it for a short amount of time I am ok with spending less to get more 
  • Stopped at the mall today for new bras (I am up a full size or two already and none of my bras fit!!) and got two from VS and one from Thyme Maternity. While at Thyme I picked up two more of their most comfortable long basic tee's. Seriously they have the best basic tanks and tee's, I wear them even when not pregnant. Had a 40% coupon from creating a babies r us registry so that was worth it! 
  • I've been able to get away with my existing yoga pant collection for excersizing so far. At some point, belly will require a little more give... I'm glad to see some recommendations here! 

I have taken advantage of Zulily's low prices too... Even some of the tops and dresses that aren't necessarily maternity tops are pretty pregnancy friendly, so I can wear them afterwards too.