Infertility

January 2019 FET

Re: January 2019 FET

• @dukie001 Thanks. I have heard anything over a 7 is good!
  • @dukie001 my lining only got to a 6 this cycle, I would literally kill for a 9 that’s amazing. And triple stripe to boot, nothing to worry about girl. And I promised myself I would not test this time but 4dp5dt and I’m feeling the itch creep on...

@lwalsh87 good luck tomorrow!! Come join me in TWW. I also drink Pom juice, keep my feet warm, eat warm food (soup, stew, nothing raw.. not even uncooked veggies or salad), accupunture, stay hydrated and most importantly stay POSITIVE. 

@firstivfoct2018 congrats! That is all so awesome. First u/s so early.. how far along are you? And as scary as it is to know there’s some blood in there at least your prepared for a bit of spotting. 

@knottienj getting so close! And I never would have realized my love for pom juice if not for this whole process and old wives tales so it’s not all bad I suppose! I mix it with seltzer and it’s delicious and so good for you (even out of IF world)
  • Loading the player...
  • edited January 2019
    @leilee101- he kept having me come in for betas and e2 and p4 (4 times before my 5w5d ultrasound alone!!) and anytime it was below 42 he increased my dose. His own lab paperwork listed 9.3-33.2 for 1st trimester and maxed at >42 for results. Now I’ve learned that progesterone varies quite a bit so the fluctuations as well as all levels reported were fine. Part of the reason he is my former RE!

@dukie001 - I do HPTs starting at 9dpo. It’s better for me to gradually adjust to decreasing likelihood than get a bad shock at the beta. I think your lining sounds great. 9-14 is the category for best results in the studies I’ve read.

AFM, the bleeding is coming and going and coming again so definitely not like last time, but still much more and longer than typical implantation bleeding. So naturally I worry about ectopic or some other issue! But as mentioned above I have been testing and see some reason to be cautiously optimistic.
  • I thought this TWW would be easier since it’s my 4th one now .. nope!! Only 5 days past transfer and I’m losing my mind. Any tips on keeping oneself sane ...?

happy transfer day @lwalsh87 !! 
  • Thank you !@leilee101

Officially PUPO! There were some HUGE hiccups.They never called me last night to tell me my transfer time. They weren't answering the office phone. So I showed up to the hospital when they opened to find out I wasn't on the schedule to have my transfer today. The receptionist told me that maybe my transfer was tomorrow instead. Let me tell you I certainly gave them an earful! It turns out my office never sent the  paperwork to the hospital saying I was ready for my transfer. Long story short after many tears and too much stress I had my transfer around 11 this morning. Everything went well. It was so quick! I may or may not have already framed my embryo picture.)
  • dukie001dukie001 member
    edited January 2019
    @leilee101 @ittybittybug-2 @lwalsh87 Thanks for setting me on a positive note! I feel like with all this IF journey every little thing, even insignificant one, starts driving me nuts. I'm not like that on a regular basis :p  I started drinking pom juice again just in case. I heard also something about pineapple core... is it for lining or implantation? My husband is laughing at me that I'm believing in all these superstitious things, but it put my mind at ease....but yeah it kind of funny. He offered to do a ritual dance around the campfire under the moon for good luck :D  goofy man
    @lwalsh87 How did it go?
    @ittybittybug-2 Girl, I really hope that bleeding is nothing serious. FX for you. Stay optimistic  <3
    @leilee101 TWW is never easy, but you got it  ;)

My nurse called me last night and increased delestrogen from 0.1 to 0.15, plus I mixed it with PIO 1ml. 
    This mixture caused bad constipation last time. I would have to get something for it. 

• @lwalsh87 - So stressful! I would have lost my mind over that I'm sure! Glad it went well in the end!

Ug. I thought the bleeding had finally stopped, but I move some furniture around and now it's back. :(
  • @dukie001 and @leilee101 thanks! I think I’m around 5 weeks? I forgot to ask for an edd and how far along I am! But to early to expect to see the hb for sure.  Next US is on 1/28 I think then we hope to see a hb.  So fx!!

I did all of the urban legends before and after the transfer- pomegranate juice, warm food, meat stew, pineapple.  But I also kept things normal- went to the park, work, New Years party the same day as transfer. Fx for all of you!
  • @dukie001 I don’t know about you but, I kind of love doing all the old wives tales/urban legends. Gives me something to do with my time besides obsess over things. 

I’m not sure if it’s the doxycycline or the progesterone but something is making me exhausted! Did anyone else feel so exhausted the day after transfer? I’m feeling dull cramps and twinges and every once and awhile too.
  • @lwalsh87 omg that is the last thing in the world you need on transfer day.. glad it got figured out! That’s why doing retrieval’s and transfers on weekends and holidays stresses me out. How are you feeling? Cramps and twinges are good!!

@firstivfoct2018 Your dr does ultrasound so early! Mine doesn’t do it until 7 weeks, once a heartbeat should be established. 

@ittybittybug-2 why are you moving furniture! Take it easy, has the bleeding stopped? We got a huge storm today and I was like well no heavy lifting so I guess I can’t shovel 🤷🏻‍♀️.. DH was not happy but after our MC in September we aren’t taking any chances!
  • When do doctors do the first hcg beta? Mine isn't scheduled until 2 full weeks after my transfer. Isn't that later than normal? I'm only 3DP5DT and I'm going nuts already! 
  • edited January 2019
  • leilee101leilee101 member
    edited January 2019
    @lwalsh87 my clinic does hcg 10 days after transfer, which I think is pretty standard from what I have seen. 14 days is crazy!! I am 7DP5DT today.. are you planning on testing?? I swore I wouldn't but everyday I wake up I seriously consider it..

@firstivfoct2018 look at that cute little sac!! FYI you can see your info on that pic, not sure if you wanted to black that out or not .. 
  • @leilee101 I keep checking to see if you’ve tested!!  How are you feeling?
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @mayflower513 haha thank you! I am really trying to hold out until at least mid -week, on one hand I would like to be mentally prepared if it's negative. But I also want to make sure the trigger is def out of my system, today is 2 weeks since I took Ovidrel so I think i should be good. I feel good, I've been having a few symptoms here and there but I am also getting over a cold so trying not to look into things too much. 
  • @leilee101 no pressure :) I will keep checking because I've got nothing better to do other than wait!  My fingers are crossed for you!!

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Thanks, everyone for your wishes and support after the rough transfer (literally) :smile:

I am definitely tempted to HPT especially after doing all fresh transfers with the trigger, now without the trigger it's more accurate. But still could lead to extra devastation. I don't think I have enough self control not to! Probably start day 7 p5dt? 

@lwalsh87 2 weeks does seem long - I did 2 weeks after a 3 day transfer but for both 5 days did 11 days for the beta. 3 days more seems that much more torturous! Also I can't believe how annoying your transfer experience was as well - glad you put your foot down and got in. I would have lost my sh*t! Fingers crossed for you! 

New question for everyone - I had my progesterone level checked today (4dp5dt) and it was 29. They said this was good and to keep taking PIO (1ml/day) as usual. Last round it was over 40 at this point so I'm worried this is too low (have seen that 30 is a minimum, and some folks are over 100). Not sure how much it matters - I just don't trust my RE/clinic when it comes to adjusting meds so curious what others have experienced with these numbers. 
  • @rmmgr Don't worry about your progesterone. 30 definitely isn't the minimum. My clinic's reports say that 9-33 is typical for first trimester (and 1-21 for the luteal phase), and the test results stop at 42 and just say '>42.' My old RE was obsessed with keeping me over 42 and kept adding more and more PIO (4ccs a say) to try to keep it there, but my current clinic acted like he was insane when I told him that and said that for one thing, progesterone fluctuates a lot and can be hard to tell anything from a single draw and for another, they consider 20-30ish to be ideal. I had mine tested just because of the bleeding last time and they said 27.9 was 'ideal' and well above the levels necessary to prevent the lining from breaking down, even if it is fluctuating.

AFM, I've been concerned by the lack of progression in my HPTs and so unsurprised that my beta came back at only 29.6. My previous CP I was at 29.7 at my first beta, albeit two dpo later. My bleeding stopped, I think. I haven't had any fresh spotting since the one I mentioned on Saturday. So on the one hand that's nice, but on the other, perhaps it means the placenta has stopped growing. Nothing to do but wait for the next beta and see if it rises appropriately. The nurse did say that sometimes they see the rise is a little slow at first with frozen embryos, although that was not an issue with my successful one. 
  • Hi ladies!
    @lwalsh87 Progesterone has all kind of side effects, I think it often imitates pregnancy symptoms. I have nausea and constipation...ugh  And as @leilee101 said cramps once here and there is a good sign.
    @leilee101 Girl, you have some will power, 7dp and not testing?!  
    @firstivfoct2018 I don't see your spoiler, but I assume there is a beautiful u/s photo. That's good I think that your clinic is monitoring so often, gives a piece of mind.
    @ittybittybug-2 Maybe it's better not to overload yourself, even if there is an itch to move something lol. Take it easy. 

AFM I have my transfer tomorrow at noon. Hopefully, they'll pick out the sticky embie. I planned to stay home on Wednesday as well, but have some stuff that can't wait at work.

• @dukie001 good luck tomorrow!
  • @leilee101 Thinking of you. I can’t wait to read your update!  :#
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @ittybittybug-2 thanks for the info and reassurance - makes me feel much better! Take it easy and I hope you have good beta news soon

@dukie001 good luck!!
  • Happy transfer day @dukie001!!!
  • @leilee101 @rmmgr @lwalsh87 Thank you! The transfer went well, now i'm just resting. Joining you guys on TWW.
  • Congrats @dukie001! are you the last transfer in our group? 
    @ittybittybug-2 I hope your number rises!!
    @rmmgr my progesterone was 20 on Friday and they were happy with that though I’m staying on my suppositories.

is anyone else on the progesterone suppositories?   It’s so much better for me than pio, I had a horrible reaction, but oh man the discharge.  It’s for such a good reason though so I’m happy to do it!! Just grumbling.
  • @firstivfoct2018 Were you in Nov FET thread? You seem familiar to me because I remember a woman having a PIO reaction in there with us. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @ittybittybug-2 Hopefully your numbers spike up and double and you'll get only good news next time.  <3 When is your next beta?
    @firstivfoct2018 Thanks. Yes, I think I'm the last one unless someone else will join. I'm on all kind of progesterone. I take Prometrium pills 3 times a day, Endometrium vaginal inserts also 3 times a day, and 1ml PIO. The shot itself doesn't really bother me, it doesn't hurt... However, because I mix PIO with Delestrogen, the mix gets very thick and it hard to inject, takes some muscles lol.
  • @firstivfoct2018 I'm on progesterone as well. (crinone) Do you take it at night or in the morning? I was told to take it in the morning. I know it is important but, it is so inconvenient. I have to wake up a half an hour earlier, "clean out" the residue, put it in and then lay back down for 30 minutes.  What do you do about going number 2? I go like clock work in the morning. I'm nervous I'm pooping some progesterone out! I wish i could just do this at night time. 
  • Congrats on your transfer  @dukie001!! Sending baby dust to @ittybittybug-2 
    I'm a little behind on the thread but I hope everyone else is doing/feeling well!

I went for my lining check this morning and realized there is not a single person I could call with the good news who will understand what I am talking about except this board so thank you!! Even my DH was like "I don't know what that means but it's awesome" 

I was at a 9.27 with triple stripes! Woo-Hoo!!

Now I have to wait for my call that the blood work was OK and hopefully will get a transfer date and PIO instructions. I'm worried about the PIO. There is a very good chance they will start tomorrow and DH is out of town.  The nurse drew circles for targets for me but the issue is being able to reach around. I can get the needle in but I cant reach the other hand around to plunge....It's going to be tricky. 

Have a lovely Wednesday ladies!

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

suspected ectopic 10/17 - methotrexate

suspected ectopic 2/18 - methotrextate

DX - unexplained/old eggs

ER June 2017 - 13 retr, 10 fert, 5 to PGS, 1 normal, 1 mosaic

FET week of 8/13 - cancelled

• @firstivfoct2018 @lwalsh87 lol suppositories - I did those first round and it was such a pain and messy. Switched to PIO and like that better, although it hurts to sleep on my bum and every time that 2.5 inch needle goes in I'm surprised it doesn't come out the front! I'm doing estrace vaginally though so I get fun blue discharge every day. We should buy stock in liners!

Today I caved and did an HPT... I couldn't stand it anymore (6dp5dt) - I have a faint line! I'm trying not to get too excited because last time was CP but at least it implanted which I'll take over nothing at all. Now begins the obsessive testing... beta Monday which I have to rush to and then hop on a flight for work ugh. 
  • @rmmgr YAY!!!!!

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• @knottienj Looks like your body is all ready for that embie :). Don't worry about PIO, after a couple of tries you'll master it. My DH is working out of state, so I have to do all injections myself. Since I'm not a lefty, i have to stab my right butt chick all the time lol.   
    @rmmgr That's awesome. I am positive I will use HPT too.
    How do you count the dpt. Is the first day the day of transfer or the day after transfer?  
  • @leilee101 Only one more sleep  :)

Me: 34  DH: 36

Married: 6 years

TTC: 6 years

Diagnosis: Male Factor

4 Failed I.U.I's with Clomid in 2017 

Retreival #1: 12/17= 9 eggs, 6 fertilized, 2 frozen 5dp

Fresh Transfer #1: 12/17- BFN

FET #1: 3/18- CP   Beta #1= 30 & Beta #2= 26

Retreival #2: 6/18= 16 eggs, 10 fertilized, 5 frozen 6dp

FET #2: 7/18 - M/C at 9 weeks    Beta #1= 229 & Beta #2= 444

FET #3: scheduled for 12/7/18  M/C at 7 weeks  :'(  Beta #1 = 50, Beta # 2 = 115, Beta #3 = 301

FET #4:  scheduled for 8/16/19

• @knottienj that's awesome congrats on the beautiful lining!!
    @kimberlyshae ah I know. I can't believe that I have totally resisted testing at home, so at this point I might as well just hold out for blood results. Tomorrow! 
  • @knottienj I do my own injections as well - for the left check once you at least stab it in, it kinda sits there by itself and you can grab the plunger with your left hand without having to reach around. It takes some getting used to but now I think I'm better at left than the right! Congrats on the fluffy lining! 
    @dukie001 I count it at the next day.. I think that's right but who knows haha. So my transfer was on a Thursday, so D1 post transfer is Friday. Good luck with the HPT anxiety!
  • I got my date!!! FET January 31st!!  I'm soooo excited!!! PIO shots start Friday and Medrol and Doxycycline starts Saturday. Continue oral Estrace 3x daily.

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

• hi everyone! I've been traveling a bunch this month but trying to keep up where everyone is at. 
    @knottienj - congrats on your transfer date!! Isn't it funny when we get excited about PIO shots starting?
    Congrats on your transfer,  @dukie001  Sending good wishes to @ittybittybug-2   Keep us updated!
    I had my lining check this morning. It was 8.8. My E2 was 311. We're good to go for 1/29 Transfer.
    This month we did a scratch biopsy. Same med protocol as last time except I'm adding antihistamine protocol: prednisone and claritin.

Last time, at this stage, my lining was 10.5 and my E2 was 760?! They said I'm still within the range they want (over 300 Estrogen and over 8 mm lining). My husband keeps saying I shouldn't worry about last time since it didn't work. Should I be worried about these numbers being lower this time around? Is it weird I'm absorbing less estrogen on the same dose of Vivelle patches? Thoughts anyone?

TTC History in Spolier:
    Me: 32, DH: 33
    Diagnosis: Me: Unexplained. Him: 1% morphology pre-washed.
    IUI  - CANCELLED Jan IUI - 100 mg Clomid Days 3-7. Cancelled after Estrace stunted follicle growth. BFN 
    IUI #1 - Feb/March, 2017 IUI - IUI+7 days Clomid+HCG trigger shot. March 1st IUI. 3/15 BFN
    IUI # 2 - August, 2017 IUI -  7 days Clomid + HCG trigger shot. IUI on August 12. 8/26 BFN 
    *TW* November 1st, BFP. Ended in MC @ 6 w 3 days. 11/20/17. **Natural Cycle with Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs. 
    IUI #3 Feb 24 2018, IUI + 7 days Clomid + HCG Trigger Shot. Feb 24 IUI. 3/12 BFN
    *TW* 5/10/18 BFP/MC. Natural Cycle. 1st Beta 232, 2nd 850. No Fetal pole seen on U/S, 5/30/18. Medicated MC on 6/23. 
    IVF #1, Stims begin on August 17th. ER, 8/28/18. 32 Eggs Retrieved, 18 mature, 18 Fertilized. 12 Day 5. 6 Blasts Tested Normal with CCS. 
    FET 1, 11/6/19. 1 Embryo Transferred. NEG BETA 11/15
    FET 2, 1/29. 1 Embryo to Transfer. +HPT 2/5. Beta 2/7 = 137, 2nd HCG = 317. MC at 6w4d. No fetal pole seen on U/S

• Thanks for the hopes ladies, but I'm still in beta hell. Today's is only 10 higher than Monday's - so about half of what they wanted it to be at. I'm at a 4.7-day doubling time. I go back in again Friday for another draw. The nurse did say she's seen it work out before, but it's probably around a 2% chance at this point, according to the Betabase.

@manders85-2 Those numbers sound great. My clinic only looks for a minimum of 150 E2, and a lining of 7. You're well over both of those. I also went from ~120 E2 to over 800 in two days, so it's likely they're just testing before the huge jump instead of right after, so I wouldn't give too much thought to the difference in that level either.

@dukie001 - 1dpt is the day after your transfer. Same thing if you're pregnant. 5 weeks along means you've completed 5 full weeks and are in your 6th week, 5w1d means you've completed 5 weeks and 1 full day and are now in the second day of your 5th week. It's confusing because some apps and books I've found use 'five weeks' and 'fifth week' interchangeably, even though they mean different things. :p 

@rmmr89 :lol: My butt is plenty big enough not to surprise me by accommodating a 2.5" needle. I'm getting PIO and Endometrin, so I get a sore bum and go through half a dozen liners a day. At least my estrogen is oral this time. I had dalestrogen at my old clinic and injecting that is like injecting honey.
  • @manders85-2
    I agree with your husband! I bet those numbers can fluctuate a ton between cycles even on the same meds and it probably has nothing to do with success as long as you're at their criteria or above. I hope the new med protocol is the trick for you!
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @manders85-2 I also agree with your H - don’t focus on the last time, things vary!  You’re in the range which is all that matters!

@leilee101 good luck tomorrow!  What time is your draw?

Started TTC #2 2/16