August 2019 Moms

Group 3 Check-In (Aug 15th-23rd) w/o 1/20

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to with this pregnancy and what are you not looking forward to?
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: Group 3 Check-In (Aug 15th-23rd) w/o 1/20

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/17-8/22ish 9w3d-10w1d...still waiting for a solid edd. 

Baby is the size of a(n): soda pop can tab or larger

Upcoming Appointments: Currently waiting for my old office to transfer records so new office can see me. 

How are you feeling?: I am nauseous and exhausted. I have had severe cramping too which is freaking me out. 

Rants/Raves: My old OB office claims it takes 3 weeks to transfer my records via fax...Yeah pretty sure something is off if y'all are that far behind. I shmoozed the lady at the desk and connected with her based on our high risk pregnancy stories and she said she would try to expedite them. Fingers crossed that works. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to with this pregnancy and what are you not looking forward to? I am looking forward to any moment of reassurance that baby is thriving. Also feeling rhe baby move and enjoy those kinds of special moments because this will likely be our last. Not looking forward to dealing with pgal brain and this sch...or being hugely pregnant in the summer. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 23 

Upcoming Appointments: Pap next week. Nothing for this week. 

How are you feeling?: Decent. I had the flu for a day 2 days ago, No fun! Now I just wish I could poop

Rants/Raves: My mom is being so weird. I ended up telling her when she brought me broth while I was puking.  She didn't believe me and now she won't stop texting me joking about how shes feeling my pregnancy because shes queasy and hungry LOL. I think she just caught my flu instead.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to with this pregnancy and what are you not looking forward to?  NOT looking forward to giving birth. That has always been terrifying to me and a big reason why I did not want to have children.  I am looking forward to raising a fun little puddin pop with my awesome husband. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 08/22, 9w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): southern pecan

Upcoming Appointments: Jan 31 for second prenatal check 

How are you feeling?: I think I’m more or less over the exhaustion that was unreal until earlier this week. 

Rants/Raves: I had my first prenatal check and got to see the baby’s heart beating but for some reason the ob didn’t turn the sound on and spaced out me didn’t think to ask about it until after the appointment. I’ve been kicking myself ever since and cant wait for my next appointment to finally get to hear it. 

Questions: what’s a good/safe pain reliever during pregnancy? I thought Tylenol was safe but recently read a report that said it’s linked to ADHD and other stuff? 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to with this pregnancy and what are you not looking forward to?
    i have a three year old and I’m most excited to see his reaction when my belly grows and he feels the baby move and kick around in there. I had an unexpectedly complicated labor and delivery  last time so not looking forward to that part. Also not looking forward to telling my employer and asking for a 5 month maternity leave. :wink:
  • @Allycat11 3 weeks to transfer records? that is ridiculous and seems like an excuse to push back an appt. Good for you for schmoozing. I hope it works out. 
    @agpandme oh no the flu while pregnant sounds miserable. Hope you feel better soon. 
    @mamaofv2 yay for seeing the HB, sorry you didn't get to hear it. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/22 9+4

Baby is the size of a(n): tater tot (that really made me laugh) 

Upcoming Appointments: first OB appt next week. I did see my RE last week after a scare, but all is well. 

How are you feeling?: extremely tired; and a bit nauseous, that seems to come and go. today it has come. 

Rants/Raves: Rave: I'm worried that saying/typing it will be a jinx, but so far today has been an easy work day. It is something that I've needed since I'm struggling today. Rants: I need this weather to get it together and decide what season it is. When I got in my car this morning I had to flip the knob from A/C to heater. That's how up and down it is here. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to with this pregnancy and what are you not looking forward to? I know there are things that will be difficult, but really, I've wait so long just to be KU there isn't anything that I'm not looking forward to. sure it will be hot in the the 3rd tri and i know it will be painful some days and I'll feel exhausted, but if at the end of all of this I have a healthy baby then it is okay by me. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/23 9w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): soda can pop tab

Upcoming Appointments: 1/30. First appt with my OB

How are you feeling?: full all the time.  All I had was a muffin 2.5 hours ago and I still feel disgustingly full

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to with this pregnancy and what are you not looking forward to? Like @avrilmai said, since it took so long to get KU, I’m so excited about every part—but if I had to pick—I really can’t wait to feel the baby kick.  It has to be such an amazing feeling.  And not looking forward to—labor.   I’m super modest and I know —everyone tells me I won’t care when the time comes—but if I can figure out a way to have the least amount of people in the room as possible, I’m going to do it 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    Aug 19th , 10 weeks 
    Lego Man
    Upcoming Appointments:
    Not until 12 weeks 
    How are you feeling?:
    So tired, lightheaded and like I can't breathe
    Rants/Raves: 
    We attempted to start potty training DD ended up giving up on it because she was not really into it and this first trimester fatigue is just too much right now. Will pick it back up in the second trimester. 
    Questions: 
    So I had an ultrasound (was not expecting one but dr wanted to be sure it was just one baby it was thank god) and it turns out I have a small subchorionic hemorrhage I haven't had any spotting and doctor is not concerned has anyone else had one? 
    Looking forward to baby kicks and actually looking pregnant and not just fat.
    Not looking forward to heartburn and that last week of pregnancy that seems to last forever.
  • @mamaofv2 as far as I know acetaminophen is the only safe pain relief during pregnancy but you should ask your Doctor. 
  • @purplg8r will your delivery be at a teaching hospital? if so, be sure that you are clear and direct that you do not want any medical students/nursing students/etc. that is one way to reduce the number of people. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• @mamaofv2 the study that mentioned a link to ADHD and possibly even autism was not a well done study. There was a correlation but no proof of causation. CORRELATION =/= CAUSATION.  They were over reaching in their conclusions. (IMO)  If your concerned talk with your doc. (sorry that sort of misleading/fear mongering study drives me crazy)

@purplg8r you really do loose all modesty... those first few RE appointments with nurses and doctors and US while on AF started that process for me, but truly when your in well into the process of labor you just stop caring. but like @avrilmai said talk to your docs/nurses and they will try to honor that.

st Due Date / Weeks + Days:10+5

Baby is the size of a(n): still small

Upcoming Appointments: not till 2/1

How are you feeling?: slightly better... still nausea, fatigue and insomnia but  hopefully we are nearing the home stretch 

Rants/Raves: not much today

Questions: nope

GTKY: What are you looking forward to with this pregnancy and what are you not looking forward to?  I can't wait to feel this baby moving. There are always some aches/pains/challenges down the road but this is our last and I want to soak up and enjoy every second if I can
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    EDD 8/16, 10w3d

TB: strawberry; Ovia: Tart Kumquat

Upcoming Appointments:
    NT scan on Feb. 1st

How are you feeling?:
    Feeling pretty good. Not so much nausea. Just occasional headaches and general tiredness.

Rants/Raves: 
    I got a project closed out at work this weekend that was going on 3.5 years old and already been passed to two people prior to me. Management seemed thrilled so yay! Also, DD actually WANTED to sit on the potty this weekend and I'm so relieved. She has been super constipated and we've had to give her a few suppositories to help her and she seemed afraid of the potty due to having to do that.

Questions: 
    None really right now.

Same as @Allycat11 and @mamaofv2, I'm looking forward to feeling the kicks watching DD's reaction to my growing belly. I'm not looking forward to being large and uncomfortable when it's 1165485 degrees outside in August (or at least what it'll probably feel like).

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • aespinoza412aespinoza412 member
    edited January 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 08/22/19 Baby is the size of a(n): cherry
    Upcoming Appointments:1/28 follow up and 1/31 ultrasound
       How are you feeling?:before I got pregnant I had lost 30 pounds before I lost the 30lbs I had HBP was taking HBP meds and when I went to my first OBGYN appt I was told to stop meds and monitor my BP since I have lost weight HBP could be gone and it could be the HBP meds raising my BP. So I’m feeling stressed out and worried about all that.  
    Rants/Raves: none    
    Questions: anyone else have HBP already before getting pregnant? Are you taking meds? Which ones? GTKY: What are you looking forward to with this pregnancy and what are you not looking forward to?
  • cato99cato99 member
    edited January 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Aug 16 / 10w 3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Brussels sprout, according to the daily counter

Upcoming Appointments: first in-person OB office visit tomorrow with ultrasound! (the hour-long intake phone call was last week) I’ve been counting down the days to the US. Even with noticeable symptoms the first tri is scary without constant reassurance the pregnancy is still going on! I think I’ll tell a few more people I’m pregnant if everything looks ok 

How are you feeling?: the usual beautiful bouquet of first tri symptoms. Exhaustion, crazy sore boobs, nose and stomach sensitivity, mood swings. At least headaches seem to have subsided! 

Rants/Raves: I could do without the scary “something bad is happening to the pregnancy” dreams, thanks brain. And, more frivolously, I’m 10-15lbs lighter than this stage last pregnancy but I look so much more lumpy. Not elegantly pregnant yet, just lumpy. 

Questions: @mamaofv2 yeah your doctor (and office) is unfortunately the only one who should be counseling you about pain meds. If I had a magic bullet I would share it :) Pain management is so tricky. I agree with @wabash15 that nothing I’ve read about that Tylenol/ADHD study is super conclusive;  even the articles with strongest statements are like “and you need to have taken it like every day for a month and also there could be other factors and also Tylenol is still the go to for pregnant people.” 

I mentioned this in another thread, but something kind of surprising is that opiates for pain management are used during pregnancy, obviously under careful medical supervision. I needed them occasionally for bad migraines last pregnancy and literally every doctor I talked to was like “oh yeah that’s fine do u need a refill.” I mention this not as “yay let’s all cop some oxy on the black market for RLP” but just to show that focused medical care can have some surprises up its sleeve even contrary to common wisdom, so for something as delicate and individualized as pain management word of mouth or casual sourcing can be counterproductive and it’s only really good to bring it up with your doctor. 

@aespinoza412 I’m sorry about the HBP scare! I have borderline HBP but not medicated, so we kept an eye on it last pregnancy. Throughout most of the pregnancy your blood pressure actually drops, so I think it makes sense that they want to see what your blood pressure looks like now. Doctors don’t mess around with HBP so I’m sure you’ll be monitored super closely and they won’t put you in unnessary risk! 

I’m looking forward to getting out of the first tri, and the NIPT results, so that it can finally start to feel real. I’m dreading the early glucose testing since I had GD last time. They took my A1c (a 3-month average of your blood sugar) as part of my initial prenatal testing last week and it was totally normal and healthy so we’ll see if or when my placenta starts acting like a total jerk!

• @Avrilmai I have no idea if it’s a teaching hospital but I’m definitely going to ask now!

@wabash15 yeah, you’d think after all the IF stuff, I wouldn’t be modest but I still am. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10+1

Baby is the size of a(n): small

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 8 is my next normal appt. I've already got my next 5 ultrasounds scheduled and a cardiac echo for myself coming up.

How are you feeling?: Awful. I have the crud (thanks kids!) Along with all the usual pregnancy crap.

Rants/Raves: I want to enjoy everything with this pregnancy as it's my last, but my gosh I hate first trimester!

Questions: none

GTKY: What are you looking forward to with this pregnancy and what are you not looking forward to? Looking forward to the end. Not looking forward to the c section and recovery.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: August 19, 10w1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Kumquat

Upcoming Appointments: Had my genetic screening yesterday. Next appointment isn't until February 4th which actually seems pretty close considering how long I had to wait for my first appt.

How are you feeling?: Ehhh

Rants/Raves: I feel like if I went to the dr now, I wouldn't have hyperemesis so that's good. The vomiting is really only at 3 peak times now and I have some strategies to cope with it and to make it less severe so I hope this ends soon. 

I am also really, really upset with myself because I have always been like, I wouldn't try for one or the other sex, I just want a happy lovely baby! Which is true, but I find myself hoping so much for a baby girl and I hate it. I have two amazing sons, another son would be just perfect. But I had a horrible relationship with my mother, who had a horrible relationship with her mother, and so on. I feel like having a daughter is a life experience I won't otherwise have (which, not getting into any discussion here but if one of my sons decided to transition or something like that I would be wildly supportive, but this is the narrative I have in my head that my pregnant self cannot stop), and also would be so healing to be able to foster a healthy relationship with a daughter. Plus my husband has always wanted to be able to have both so I know he would be thrilled.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to with this pregnancy and what are you not looking forward to? Feeling the baby move! It's my favorite thing ever. I didn't feel DS2 really because of my placenta so I hope this is more like DS1 where I felt soo much movement and it was pretty awesome. Not looking to the discomfort that comes in later pregnancy but after HG I really don't even care!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8/21 9w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): "could fit on the face of the watch"  I liked the 9w4d tater tot much better, frankly

Upcoming Appointments:  2/11 for NT test and NIPT blood draw

How are you feeling?: nauseous, exhausted and real crabby today. Is it Friday yet?

Rants/Raves: We saw our tiny gummy bear yesterday and heard its heartbeat (which made me cry).  We haven't heard one in utero since DD and it was just beautiful.  I am now anxious about the NT test because of course I am.

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to with this pregnancy and what are you not looking forward to?  Um....a live baby and me not dying?  That sounds terrible... DH and I went to a natural birth class 3 years ago and walked away realizing that we had very low expectations compared to all the other couples in it.  My other large takeaway from the class was that epidurals don't impact the baby--DH likes to joke that we went to the natural class only for me to be more ok with having medical interventions than when we walked into it  :D
  • @lilmamabebe3 Don't be too hard on yourself. Its OK to hope for a girl and even have a moment of sadness if it is a boy just because  you had a dream and a different one is happening. I think as long as you aren't one of those people who has a full on tantrum or its the end of the world. Its normal and OK to have those feelings and acknowledge them. 
    @mwmiller4 I think setting low/realistic expectations about child birth and those first few months is key to having it bee a good experience. I think sometimes we can get hyper-focused on the details and then upset when it doesn't pan out just as we had hoped vs looking at the big picture. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @wabash15 definitely wouldn’t throw a tantrum. And I’d be so happy to have another wonderful baby boy! It’s definitely not sadness over what I’d get, but more a sadness of what I don’t get and those are very different. I’m trying to sort out now before I know so I’m just excited to know either way when I find out. 

Fun fact—I had no preference and no expectations for my first. They told us he was a girl. So I had an epic meltdown when I found out he was a boy because I had “already bonded with a baby girl.” To this day I consider it my worst moment. So as long as I know correctly I’ll be good! 
  • @Allycat11 my mother was only involved in my first pregnancy and she made it a miserable time in my life. If she called and we were out to dinner, she would freak the eff out on me screaming and yelling about how we eat out all the time. Umm, we both had / have great jobs and support ourselves without any help from anyone else, so why the fuck are you in my wallet right now?  She shared every bit of news before I had the chance to and then yelled at me that I wasn't letting her be a grandmother when I asked her to stop and let me share MY news. 

Also, while we're on tangents and this is THE WORST thing she did to me while pregnant (not the worst ever by far, but still pretty terrible), I basically threw my own baby shower because she forced me to. I lived in DC and she was in the midwest. My best friend and my aunt were throwing me a baby shower in Maryland and I didn't want a shower back where my parents lived. All of my friends were in DC and I don't love gift giving events for myself (but send me an invite to your shower and my ass is there), and it was a total hassle. She guilted me into it with tons of abusive behavior, gaslighting, manipulation, and I finally agreed to have a baby shower in Ohio. She did literally nothing. She did not book the place, she did not pay for food, she did not buy a cake, she promised to buy a pack and play and a bassinet and ended up telling me I needed to give her a 20% off BRU coupon for the pack and play and when I asked about the bassinet (because we needed it and I wanted to know if I needed to buy it or not) she lost her shit. She refused to host any of the games and sat in the corner shit talking about me to my brother's girlfriend while I pulled a friend aside and, crying, asked her to host the games. I had to buy the prizes for the games as well.  And then--my mom won a game, but since she was the host my friend gave the gift to the next in line (in a very sweet, joking, and playful manner trying to lighten the mood) my mom made a big scene about it and made everyone uncomfortable. I could have spent the money she insisted I spend on that stupid shower on things for my baby. 

She then badmouthed me to my entire family about how I threw my own shower and insisted she pretend to be the host because I knew it was tacky. It was the complete opposite. And then caused a huge family feud when my other shower happened and I commented on my aunt's photo, "Thank you so much for the shower! I had a blast!" Because I was an "ungrateful bitch" who didn't publicly thank her for everything she did for me. Even typing this out I am like WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR PROBLEM LADY! 

She was even worse when he was born and he was less than two months old when I finally cut off all contact and blocked her on all social media and from calling me. I never spoke to her after our big blowout fight when I was a 6 week postpartum, sleep deprived, failing at breastfeeding and desperate for some semblance of a normal mother / daughter relationship and she just lost her mind because I wouldn't let her give the baby a bottle. There is so much more to that story, and luckily I ALSO have therapy in a couple of days. Still unpacking this shit.

And that's why, I guess, I would like to have a daughter. Typing this out is kinda making me want another boy now.
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 8-16 / 10w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): tart kumquat 

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 8

How are you feeling?: I feel good! Forever hungry.

Rants/Raves: Rants: it’s SO cold, been stuck inside the house for 3 days and getting cabin fever 😬

Questions: 

I SO loved being pregnant with DD. It was such an easy and enjoyable pregnancy (July so another summer babe) so I’m hoping this one is similar. I always feel my best self pregnant 💕 I can’t think of anything I’m not looking forward to, really. Other than my sore lady bits 😂 
  • @lilmamabebe3 @Allycat11 alllll the long-distance internet hugs. You are such strong mother-warriors to be navigating all of these toxic dynamics on top of pregnancy. You are already miles ahead on being awesome moms. 

@parrothead78 I am so with you. Even with the occasional complication I loved my last pregnancy and can’t wait for this one to feel “real” enough to enjoy it in the same way! 
  • edited January 2019
    @suzycupcake are you in group 3 with us, or do you need someone to start this thread? 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10w3d

Baby is the size of a(n): IDK

Upcoming Appointments: next week-ish? End of January. 

How are you feeling?: sick & exhausted but that is par for the current course. 

Rants/Raves: I am sorry about everyone's moms, my MIL is the one who's a real peach. My mom and I had a real rough patch after my dad died, but we are finally back on track. MIL, however... she really sucks. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What are you looking forward to with this pregnancy and what are you not looking forward to? Looking forward to feeling better, baby movements, the birth, & seeing DS with a sibling! Not looking forward to recovery from the birth, sleep deprivation, and possible sibling jealousy. 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @WinchesterGirl Lol yea my due date is 8/18. I post mainly in the PAIF thread because I felt weird to update in multiple places. 

@purplg8r One of the doulas I interviewed said that we are mammals and that when mammals give birth, they don't like to be observed. The brought up cats, cows, and all kinds of other animal creatures. It made sense to me why they go away from everyone to give birth. Anyway, she said that she will do everything she can to make sure we have a dimly lit room, left pretty much alone while I'm in labor, and have a minimal amount of people in my room. She will also advocate for our entire birth plan. Hmm, maybe having a doula to do that would be an option for you?

@lilmamabebe3 Oh wow. She sounds like a malignant Narcissist to me. Maybe you're aware of that, maybe you aren't. It might be worth a read about anyway. I'm so sorry that you've had to endure that. That's so awful! 

@Allycat11 It's really difficult to have an unsupportive Mom, especially during pregnancy. I feel for you. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @suzycupcake I’ve been in therapy since my oldest was nine months old and that’s a common explanation from my therapists, as well as borderline personality disorder. She died two years ago and without the looming threat of her coming to find me, I’ve done a lot of thinking. She was definitely a narcissist. She had a lot of hate and resentment towards me for many reasons I won’t go into here. But when she passed it allowed me to look at it from her perspective and I think she did the best she could have. But her best is not good enough me in any sense. 

I even had a blog go kind kf viral viral that I wrote about her and her passing and it’s kind of cool to still get random Twitter messages from women in a similar spot, not that they’re going through the same, but it’s nice to know this wasn’t isolated to
    me if that makes sense. 
  • @lilmamabebe3 It does make a lot of sense. Thanks for sharing with me. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @lilmamabebe3 - lurking from group 4, but I sympathize with your shower story more than you'll ever know.  I'm sorry that we have to share that common thread. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Maybe this is a UO but I think it's ok to desire a specific sex. I think it's even ok to be sad about it if it's not. I was sad when I first was a boy, as well as when my second was a boy. I mean, I deal with depression so that's probably part of it, and with my second pregnancy it was a hot mess, I was really depressed because my thyroid was not being well controlled. But anyway, I think for the majority of people even if they spend the whole pregnancy sad about having what they're having they usually get over it after birth or shortly after. And if they don't there's probably something else going on there. 
  • @lilmamabebe3 @Allycat11 Its so interesting to see different perspectives. I have a son, but I was TERRIFIED he was a girl (and convinced he was a girl) because I have such a complicated relationship with my mother and I didn't feel like I knew how to have a healthy relationship with a girl. My only priority at this point is to do as little damage to my kids as possible and I find sometimes that creates so much anxiety in me. Like, DONT SCREW THIS UP HE'LL PAY FOR IT FOREVER. 

@Beauxbaton I think some people have deep seeded reasons for wanting a specific gender, which I can totally relate to. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 10+5 , August 15

Baby is the size of a(n): LEGO minifigure

Upcoming Appointments: I had an emergency internal US this morning because of some bleeding yesterday. Everything looked great, baby was a busy body, and I went ahead and got my blood drawn for screenings so we went ahead and kicked my next appointment out another 4 weeks. 

How are you feeling?: About the same. Tired. Pukey, but grateful. 

Rants/Raves: I leave for Colorado this week and will be sharing a house full of people I work with and their families. I have this weird thing that I HATE telling people I'm pregnant. It makes me so uncomfortable, so I'm not looking forward to that. 

• @ash0625 I also do not enjoy telling people I'm pregnant. I still haven't told anyone in my family. Or the person who's wedding I'm in in April. I just don't want to. 
  • @Beauxbaton We have a pretty strong preference for one sex over the other. That is partly why I don't want to find out because I know once it's born, it won't matter either way, but DH wants to find out so he can prepare. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ash0625 that’s how I was with the first two. Now that my mom is gone, I feel differently. But we’ll see! Counsyl testing processing now...
  • @Beauxbaton Its absolutely okay to desire one or the other.  In my family we usually hope for boys because we have 5 female siblings. We need to even our family out a little.  So far we have 2 boys of 5 kids.  My sister recently had her 3rd child and chose to not know the sex.  They already have a boy and a girl.  They were hoping for a boy but its a girl and I know my sister is disappointed. She might not say it but you can tell.  My husband wont' even acknowledge the possibility that it can be a girl.  I don't care either way, I just want us to survive the birth.  I am however not looking forward to when we do find out the sex to see if he is visibility disappointed.  I hope he isn't but considering this is likely our only child and his parents only grandchild, a boy is his preference.