July 2019 Moms

Re: Weekly Randoms 1/21

• I'm starting this thread because I had a dream last night I wanted to post the Randoms thread with a picture of Rowntree's Randoms (which would cost a fortune to ship to the US...), but @nopegoat beat me to it by saying she got a foot of snow in the weekend snowstorm.
    I woke up thinking, "Fruit snacks are just another term for gummy candy..."
  • I'm happy to report that's there no snow here @hestia14!! 😂😂
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Loading the player...
  • bartonoliviabartonolivia member
    edited January 2019
    Oh my goodness. The cutest!!!! @nopegoat
  • @nopegoat Lucky! I know you live in the south, so I'm not sure why I dreamt that. We got over 9" where I live :/
    The road crews around here are great and we're all used to snow, but my MIL still fretted over me driving to work because it "wasn't safe" and the wind chills are around 0. :unamused: It only takes me a minute to walk from my car into the building, and it's not like I'm walking around with an exposed belly... 
  • Going spare at home. Waiting for the kid to hopefully take a nap. He's had quiet time for an hour already in his crib, but I'm praying praying he'll fall asleep eventually despite DH letting him fall asleep on the ride home from errands today (ugh). FTMs - lemme tell you, car naps are the WORST.

Anyone else struggling to find a way to get some personal time and not have the house a complete wreck? We aren't at complete wreck stage yet, but I'm still too tired to really tackle the house the way I want to. Looking at my work calendar and thinking I'll take off half a week or so around my birthday (I'll be 20wks!) to work on the house.
  • @indulgentgypsy our rescue cat does that too. Weirdos. 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat haha, moo-puppy. That’s too cute! Glad you caught the guy, that’s a scary thing though! 

@indulgentgypsy that cat is adorable, although I can see how it would be a bit annoying. 

My random: one of my coworkers called out sick today. Mind you, there are 3 of us, so that puts our crew down to 2... I’m pretty sure he’s just hungover from watching football, and not really sick. Ugh, men. So annoying. 
  • @jenniferjoy37 my H has a coworker like that. Definitely annoying!! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat OMG, he called in tmrw too!!!! That means I’m working ALONE tmrw, doing MRI and XR by myself, and my schedule is completely booked. Sooo over this company. 
  • @hestia14 I'm still walking my dog in the morning even with negative degree windchills. I actually asked my doctor (because i wanted an excuse to make MH do it) and she said she didn't think there was any reason as long as i was save and not out there really long.  It takes less than 20 minutes but it's still cold--i had icicles on my eyelashes. 
  • Well, I only kind of failed the GD 3 hour! I only have to meet with the dietician so they can tell me how to eat... and then I'll ignore them because I usually eat healthier than that. 

@jenniferjoy37 I'm sorry he's called in. That sucks that you'll have to run the whole show alone! He probably has a man cold... big babies. 

@nopegoat Your moo-puppy is amazingly cute! I have NO energy or motivation to do laundry. I washed the sheets yesterday. Is that enough? 

Also... @hestia14 Thanks... now I want some Randoms. Those are one of my favorite UK candies. Hmmm... I could crack into a pack of Percy Pigs though... I've got about 5 of those around. 
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited January 2019
    @jenniferjoy37 oh no!! That sucks!

@hakele boo. I'm sorry. I passed my 3hr but just barely so I'm having to limit sugar and carbs too. No fun.

With 4 kids that are constantly in and out of the house I have to do a load of laundry a day or they would be naked. I don't want to see that much peen and butt lol!
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • tova24tova24 member
    edited January 2019
    I had today off from work because of MLK day. My son and I went to the zoo. All he wants to do at the zoo is pet the goats. 
  • Any tea drinkers out there? I’ve had a coffee aversion since about 7 weeks, but am tired of drinking water with my breakfast lol. I need a hot cup of something! Any recommendations for tea to try? 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @nolemomma14 I've been big into peppermint tea because it settles the stomach. I also like roibos & ginger teas and my sister sent me this nice organic 'Bun in the Oven' tea from Michigan. https://lightofdayorganics.com/product/bun-in-the-oven-tin/
  • @nolemomma14 If you like cinnamon, Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice/Hot Cinnamon Sunset (same tea, different name) is delicious. It's sold at Target, at last check. It has caffeine, but not a ton.
    For non-caffeine, the Pink Stork Morning Sickness Ginger-Peach tea is actually pretty delicious. I can't vouch that it's helped the nausea (although part of me thinks it does a TINY bit), but it's good...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @nolemomma14 I second the Harney and Sons Cinnamon Spice Rec. Or when I’m nauseated I’m really liking tazo green ginger tea.
  • @tova24 my kind of kid! 😍😍
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @mamanbebe @greeneyedgirl12 @acw452 thank you for the recommendations, I’ll check those out! 
  • Did anyone watch the Fyre Fest doc on Netflix? It for some reason fascinated me.

1.  The amount of money millennials are willing to drop on a festival/vacation. 
    2. How someone could create such a cluster and think it would still run smooth. 
    3. The power of influence and the way influencers target average joes to sell a lie. 4. That this all went down and I had no idea haha. Never heard of Fyre and I’m on social media etc. Guess I’m not cool enough anymore. Spent the last 2.5 years in baby/toddler land. 
  • @canuckmama2015 Watched it last night and yeah it was crazy to see how these millennials wanted to buy into this image/lifestyle. And I also had no idea it happened!!! I'm not on social media though, only TB when I'm pregnant.
  • @canuckmama DH and I did too. I'd heard about it when it all unfolded and we were really looking forward to the documentary. I definitely laughed at the part where the pilot said that he got kicked off the planning committee when he explained the amount of infrastructure they needed was too much in too little time--and this was the guy who flew them around the Bahamas after a few sessions of Microsoft Flight Simulator! I really hope those Bahamians who were forced to work for Fyre unpaid during the busiest weekend of the year get a good settlement package. 
    I'm also glad the doc didn't focus on the young adults who got duped. (Let's be real: this could have happened to any generation, "millennials" or not.) You could tell that a lot of attendees raised questions towards the end but had no choice but to at least give it a chance--not like they were getting their money back. Brands have a responsibility to uphold the brand that they portray, and if they don't bother to deliver on it, that's not the consumers' fault. (Still, this is why my Instagram is 75% cats, 24% friends, and 1% parody influencer cat.) 
    Lastly, the Netflix doc has been criticized because some of the staff behind Fyre Festival were listed as producers--typically not good practice for a documentary. Still, Hulu paid Billy McFarland before he went to jail for an interview so they could get content for their doc that they suddenly announced days before Netflix dropped theirs. It's hardly surprising that the documentaries about the biggest scam of the decade both used shady tactics to produce their films.
    TL;DR: It's a great documentary, especially if you're a sucker for schadenfreude. Bring the popcorn. 
  • @hestia14, it's been bitter cold here the last several days and DH has made the comment more than once of one of us should plan on staying home in the future because "a baby doesn't need to be out in this." It was such an old fashioned comment, I was shocked!

I think once this LO arrives, he's going to become a protective softy and I can't wait! Usually I'm the only one who gets to see his soft side, I'm excited to share it will our son/daughter!  <3
  • @nolemomma14 I've had the coffee aversion too... but found I can drink iced coffee. Have you tried that? Tea is a good idea too, though! I think we have some in our pantry I'm going to have to look.
  • @ccmama3 I do okay with iced coffee too! I have no idea why it’s just hot coffee that I have an issue with. I really hope I can enjoy regular coffee again soon! 
  • @bartonolivia I squealed a bit when I saw that!! Congrats!!! 
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited January 2019
    @greeneyedgirl12 I did that last week. I needed more goat milk lotion and they were out of my normal one so I had to settle on a different scent. Thankfully I was pleasantly surprised and liked this one better than my normal one.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @nopegoat Mine was this: https://www.sephora.com/product/atlantic-kelp-magnesium-anti-fatigue-body-wash-P436089?icid2=products grid:p436089:product.

I wanted a clean skincare product, plus I don't actually think it will help the fatigue, but at this point I'll take placebo effect. I texted my husband today "I am the tired. Not sleepy tired, the tired."

It smells decent, plus the scent rinses off (completely UNLIKE my Philosophy one), so it all worked out.
  • I may need these in my life soon! *drool*
  • @jenniferjoy37 have you seen these???

• Where do I find these beauties?!? Omg!!!! @Cbeanz
  • I went to bed early last night.
    At around 7:30 my two year old came running into my room, and jammed a toy baby bottle into my stomach yelling, "ANNIE NEEDS FORMULA!"
  • I just got these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B018F39YKA/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    to try to combat the nausea. I've only had one, so no comment on that yet, but they're strong-flavored/spicy, so if you try them, be forewarned of that. That said, the strong flavor definitely combats the gross mouth taste a lot of us are probably dealing with...