August 2019 Moms
Options

TMI Tuesday 1/22

Re: TMI Tuesday 1/22

• Options
    Im right there with you @hey_clever_girl! i feel like ive tried everything, definitely bringing it up to my Dr at my next visit.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Every pregnancy I have been constipated in first tri and this time has been the exact opposite...which is also not fun. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    @hey_clever_girl I just eat a few prunes each day, which seems to be working right now for a while, but last pregnancy I was basically pooping baseballs by the end, and am pretty sure I will be this time too. For real. I clogged more toilets than I would like admit. I guess I have more solidarity to offer than advice. 

• Options
    @ElcaB @Amdogger82 I haven’t yet, mostly bc of morning sickness/food aversions. I’m on a stool softener bc I’m not supposed to strain (bc of the previa), but I might throw some prunes/juice in there. Bleh!
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Everyone in my house is going through a case of the shits. I think it's equally as awful as not being able to go. Ugh.
  • Options
    I'm also dealing with irregular bowel movements and ridiculous discharge. It's so annoying! Irregular digestive system means my stomach almost always feels upset which is not fun. 
  • Options
    I'm on the discharge train too! Though... Mine got worse when I transitioned from oral to vaginal pills. The feeling  makes me so cranky. I snapped at DH the other day and apologized, trying to explain it's like...we had done the baby making dance ..but without the fun.
    Then he was grossed out, but forgave me for snapping 😂
  • Options
    Ditto on both and add in a side of feeling like I have a uti, but no, it’s just my retroverted uterus pressing on my bladder
  • Options
    @becks68 I’ve got a retroverted uterus too. Bleh!

• Options
    Also I have my first yeast infection of this pregnancy, so that is awesome. In case nausea, exhaustion, bloating, weird bowel movements, sore boobs, and cramping weren't enough lets throw in lots of itchiness and discomfort. 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    Okay no one has mentioned this so I will. Aside from the constipation, vomiting, and everything else, I keep getting a bad taste and tons of mucus in my throat. I have to basically choke up snot and spit every twenty minutes or so like some tobacco chewing cowboy. It is so nasty and disgusting and I hate it so, so much. It grosses everyone out, even my kids.
  • Options
    @Allycat11 I swear I got 2-3 yeast infections with my last pregnancy, and I NEVER get yeast infections. It was the worst.

• Options
    @hey_clever_girl the same thing happens to me when I am pregnant, I always get a few. In many ways I love being pregnant but the amount of crap our bodies go through is like a cruel joke.
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options
    @lilmamabebe3 A thousand times yes!!! Mine is more behind nose/ top of throat, but the constant post-nasal irritation only makes me more nauseated. 
  • Options
    @lilmamabebe3 and @thirdtimesacharm2019 Thought I was the only one with this!! I definitely don't remember it with my first two, but it's been constant for 3 weeks now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Options
    @lilmamabebe3 OMG! that's me every morning trying to get it out and I absolutely haaate it!!
  • Options
    Same, same, same. Ugh.
  • Options
    I feel y'all about the constipation! Since the flu my gut is just not working. I have UC so I generally have the opposite issue. I finally went last night but it was 3 days of nothing prior to that. 

• Options
    Major TMI and posting on a Thursday, but... HOLY HEMORRHOIDS. I hadn't ever experienced hemorrhoids before and the last few days have been absolute hell. Other than the pain obviously being in the wrong spot, there was so much blood I was panicking because I thought it was a baby emergency for a minute before I realized where the blood was coming from. 
  • Options

oklahomak said:
    Major TMI and posting on a Thursday, but... HOLY HEMORRHOIDS. I hadn't ever experienced hemorrhoids before and the last few days have been absolute hell. Other than the pain obviously being in the wrong spot, there was so much blood I was panicking because I thought it was a baby emergency for a minute before I realized where the blood was coming from. 
    This is the right thread for my response :) . I have a gastrointestinal disease so unfortunately I am VERY familiar with hemorrhoids.  Advice to anyone, get them under control ASAP. Get the creams, and use them. Get a stool and use that to prop your feet up any time you are on the toilet. I have a small stool in both bathrooms.  No straining!   I've spent a lot of time, way too much time on the toilet and without going into too much detail I now have a deformed rectum due to chronic hemorrhoids.   I will get cosmetic surgery to correct it but I am a good example of how they can seriously affect your life. 
  • Options
    @agpandme I'm so glad someone responded to this lol. Is it worse for you when you're pregnant? 
    Can you use over-the-counter hemorrhoid products when you're pregnant? For some reason I had it in my mind that they were off limits. Also... is it something you need to tell your doctor about if there's bleeding with it? 
  • Options
    oklahomak said:
    Yes!  I’m tired of tucking my butthole back in all the time!

@agpandme what creams do you use?

• Options
    @oklahomak I've never been pregnant until now and I don't have active hemorrhoids so I can't say if its going to be worse (I HOPE NOT!) or which are safe for pregnancy. I honestly haven't even thought about it.  A quick google says the ones I keep on hand are safe, thankfully.  I can't give medical advise, I just know how bad they can be. I would hate for anyone to live with my experience.  
  • Options
    @database6 I use prep H at my worst. Witch hazel, coconut oil, petroleum jelly, A&D, Desitin, in a pinch I will use a hand lotion.  
  • Options
    @oklahomak I 100% agree with @agpandme that you should try to get them under control ASAP. I had them after DS was born and left them for way too long. They were so incredibly painful and I wish I'd gotten them under control earlier. I wasn't pregnant obviously so I was prescribed suppositories (TMI but mine were completely internal) , which to be honest gave incredible relief, I was so miserable and so in pain before I got help. 

@lilmamabebe3 ugh the nasty mucous is driving me crazy! So much of it! I hadn't even stopped to think about how it might be because of pregnancy. 
  • Options
    @database6 Me. Too. 

@oklahomak talk to your ob about how to manage them too. I've had them for a while and for me they did get worse later in pregnancy and after giving birth, so I agree with everyone else that the best thing you can do is manage them as well as you can now. I also regret not advocating for myself more about them after my son was born. Not going to make that mistake again. 
  • Options
    @oklahomak Epsolm salt baths/soaks really help, as does witch hazel. I like the Tucks Medicated pads- stick them in the fridge for some relief. My dr has previously okay’d OTC creams/suppositories for hemorrhoids. Much sympathy for your painful butthole :(