March 2019 Moms

Week 1 check-in - 1/21

Due date:

Appts? Questions:

Rants/Raves:

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: What is the weirdest thing you like to eat?

Re: Week 1 check-in - 1/21

• Loading the player...
  • Due date: 3/9

Appts? Questions: Met with the anesthesiologist today at the hospital for pre-registration and next week is my regular bi-weekly appointment

Rants/Raves: Rave: got 2 new nursing bras/a new tank today at target along with breast pads, dreft, diapers, new PJs for me, and quite a few other things from the registry. I’m so excited! I never thought I’d be so excited about nursing bras lol! 

How are you feeling? Pretty good I loved the long weekend and I’m feeling refreshed about going back to work tomorrow. 

GTKY: What is the weirdest thing you like to eat? For me right now I’m all about the sweets/chocolates. Usually I’m a “salty” type of junk food eater but this pregnancy has me only ever wanting sweets!! My weight is up more this pregnancy than the last one and I definitely know why! 
  • Due date: 3/1

Appts? Questions: Routine appt next week. 

Rants/Raves: My husband has been working a crappy temp job with annoying hours since he quit his horrible old job and he's been looking for something more serious. He just had an interview last week with a company that's been on his radar for a while and it and it sounds like it went really well and he should be getting an offer letter soon. We're hoping that the salary will be good enough and they'll be OK with him starting after the baby is born so he can quit his current job in a few weeks and spend time at home when the kid is born before starting the new job. Fingers crossed... 

How are you feeling? Ehh.. uncomfortable! Rib pain, crotch pain, shortness of breath, sleeping like crap, unmotivated, super dry skin from the cold weather, blahblahblah. All the normal stuff!

GTKY: What is the weirdest thing you like to eat? I'm a pretty open minded eater but don't think I like anything too odd. It's not like I put ketchup on salad or anything... I used to travel to Haiti for work and a woman in the neighborhood we stayed in would bring us breakfast and dinner every day. One of the breakfasts we'd eat a lot was spaghetti with hard boiled eggs and I think anchovies. It was weird at first but really grew on me and I miss it sometimes. It was greasy and salty and always lukewarm but there was something really satisfying about it! 
  • Due date: 3/6

Appts? Questions: Had my 34 week appointment this morning. Debated and decided on a repeat c-section over a VBAC after a discussion with my OB after my quite painful hemhorrhoid experience this past week. Soooo, now I am scheduled on 3/1.  Shit just got real!  No questions, I grilled my OB for about 30 minutes this morning. 

Rants/Raves:
    Rave: c-section scheduled and its Q-Doba day at work! Rant: It's a long walk (inside, thank goodness, it's like 0 degrees outside) to east campus where Q-Doba is. I'm going for it. 

How are you feeling? After last week, I seriously cannot complain.  Just the normal stuff, which I'll gladly take. 

GTKY: What is the weirdest thing you like to eat?
    There is this finger food that my friend introduced me to in high school, where it's ham, with cream cheese spread onto it, with a mini kosher dill pickle rolled inside. Um, it's delicious. 
  • @purplepirate09 peanut butter is amazing! I don't blame you!

@chocolatelemons and @BuckeyeNut05 you ladies should get regular cleaning people, too!! I will update you after she comes :) 
  • @abbykwail I am also jealous of your cleaning person! I've been wanting to get someone to come once or twice a month but I feel like I need to declutter and clean before I have someone come and clean... is that weird?

@lalalauren15 That sounds like a fantastic weekend! Sorry about the back/rib/head pain =/

@bug_hunter All the FX that things work out for your husband and the new job!

@chocolatelemons I admire your 50 squats per day! When did you start getting into that routine? I feel like I should be doing squats too..

@BuckeyeNut05 That does sound pretty delicious, actually...

Due date: 3/2

Appts? Questions: No appointments this week.

Rants/Raves: Raves: I feel like I have a lot to be grateful for right now! Had 1 of 2 baby showers this past weekend and despite my hating being the center of attention, it was pretty nice. Some awkward comments made by family, but nothing I couldn't brush off. We got some more work done on the nursery and I'm just loving it! The 3-day weekend was sooo needed and appreciated. Annnnd the Patriots are going to the Super bowl... again! Woohoo! (Sorry, not sorry. I'm from New England and they are my home team.) Rants: None atm; can't get me down today!

How are you feeling? LO has been crazy active these past couple days. I feel like he's been moving more than he's been still (probably not, but it seems that way)! Sleeping is so hard, I no longer enjoy it. I have to pee, my hips ache, neither my left side or my right side feels comfortable, and sometimes I wake up at stupid-in-the-morning and just don't even feel tired. Really, though, outside of not being able to sleep and wanting to punch anyone who advises me to "Get your sleep now!", I feel pretty good.

GTKY: What is the weirdest thing you like to eat? It's been awhile since I've had this but a childhood friend got me into potato chips and cottage cheese as a snack.
  • Due date: March 5 (11)

Appts? I will meet with an OB that works with my midwife practice tomorrow to discuss the risks of VBAC vs RCS and sign some papers. I am curious to see how supportive (or not) the OB is, given how good the VBAC rate is with this practice/hospital.

Rant: I did not have a long holiday weekend, boooo. And my belly is crazy itchy. And it was 2F where I live yesterday. 

Rave/How are you feeling? I am feeling so good. Between the iron supplement and the high protein diet I am full of energy and not nearly as swollen as I was during my last pregnancy. 

GTKY: What is the weirdest thing you like to eat? I like to eat my leftover lasagna cold.

@purplepirate09 I also eat peanut butter all the time. My husband jokes that I will put peanut butter on anything, and he’s not wrong. 

@BuckeyeNut05 That’s great you have made a decision about the RCS. I bet that is a load off and now you can just mentally prepare now that you know.

@mayoduck Yes! Another Patriots fan! I was up past my bedtime to watch the end of the game, but it was so worth it! 
  • @mayoduck @maggiemadeit add me to the list of Patriots fans!! Not from New England, but we try to go to one game per year or at least every other year. Was definitely worth staying up past bedtime! Amazing game. 
  • Due date: 3/6

Appts? Questions: Had a checkup today, all good but I’m on tamiflu because of my rant

Rants/Raves: My 4yo has the flu :-( he’s running a 103 fever and up most of the night. Now it looks like DH has it and I’m over here trying to function. They put both of us on tamiflu as a precaution but I’m more exhausted than anything

How are you feeling? Tired lol. 

GTKY: What is the weirdest thing you like to eat? I’m super picky. So probably nothing too weird? However one of my favorite snacks is pickles and cheese
  • @mayoduck not at all!! Growing up my mom used to make us pre clean before her cleaning lady came!!! And I have been working on decluttering our house since October (it took Sooooo long but now that it's over I'm so glad I did it). I just went one room at a time and gave myself a 'I want to finish everything by' date... Granted it took a bit more than that because DH dragged his feet on helping 
  • @lalalauren15 @maggiemadeit Awesome! I no longer live in NE so I'm surrounded by people who love to see the Patriots fail and it's always nice to run into other fans. It was a GREAT game. I wouldn't even have been upset if KC had won because Mahomes is undeniably talented and worthy but a Pats victory is always great!

@abbykwail Oh, good, glad it's not just me who feels I need to clean before having a cleaning person come over! I started decluttering KonMari style over a year ago but got stalled on her giant 'Komono' or miscellaneous category and lost too much momentum. Luckily, trying to put the nursery together has given some sort of second wind to decluttering but only for certain rooms in the house.
  • Due: 3/2

Appointments: No.

Rants/raves: Achiness and back pain has come back. I had taken apple cider vinegar for a few days, which my mom swears by for muscle aches. So I'm wondering if that actually helped? So I'm going to try that again and hope it helps. 

Feeling: tired all the time and aching. And see above. 

GTKY: I like to put ranch dressing on fish. H thinks that's weird. 

@BuckeyeNut05, I don't think that's weird! Growing up, we would sometimes have roll-ups for lunch, which was half a tortilla smeared with cream cheese and then with ham (or other lunch meat), pickle and cheese rolled up in it. I always skipped the pickle because I don't like them. But I still eat it occasionally. 
  • @mayoduck yes!! I am so used to everyone hating the Patriots. Lol. But totally agree - Mahomes was MH’s fantasy QB so we watched a lot of their games this year. He’s definitely a special talent and I’m sure he will do great things, but I’m enjoying riding this Brady/Belichick train as long as we can!!! Lol.
  • @mayoduck I totally just precleaned for the cleaning lady. I asked DH for help like 3x but of course he didn't and is sleeping. (He did treat the moss on our roof this morning, but I was still annoyed because I asked nicely so many times). 

I may have passive aggressively texted him the things I left for him to do (hang jackets  pick up dog toys, put clean dishes away and taking out kitchen trash/recycling).

Meanwhile I did the dishes and cleared off the counter, kitchen table and other surfaces/organized papers, took out bathroom and laundry room trashes, picked up his socks from wherever they randomly ended up (I can't figure out if he does this or the dog does!) and ran 2 loads of laundry + folded put them away. Tomorrow I'm just going to make the bed and clean off the top of my dresser (which I have procrastinated on for forever!) And when the cleaning lady is done I'm going to change out all the sheets and towels for clean ones and wash them. So definitely don't feel crazy for cleaning for the cleaning lady!! I just want it to be easy for her to do her job!! 
  • due date? 03/06

Appts: have to do NST weekly so thats coming up

Rants/Raves: None

How am I feeling: Great, just at nights lately I have quite a few Braxton hicks contractions. 

Cravings: Had none all pregnancy, thank goodness