Pregnant after IF

2nd Tri Checkin - WO 1/21

• How far along?
  • How are you feeling this week?
  • Rants/Raves? Questions?
  • Any upcoming appointments?
  • GTKY: Do you have a name picked out for your LO yet?
  • Feel free to share a HDBD!!

Mommies to be  

@madasm0530 4/20 BOY! 

@bpietronicco 5/15 BOY! 

@mrsyng 5/29 BOY!

@bkatp 5/31 BOY!

@northbeach3 6/5 GIRL! 

@Momifbysea 6/9

Griffin5413 6/21   GIRL!

@Bababatty 6/21

autumnlvs  6/29   GIRL!

Let me know if I can add any updates to the list, and include your EDD if it's your first time posting here!

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
dx with POCS 7/2009
TTC on & off since 1/2012
September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

Re: 2nd Tri Checkin - WO 1/21

• Thanks for starting this thread up @madasm0530

Yay for moving over to 3rd trimester this week. What is the name you have finalized on ?
    • How far along? 21+3
    • How are you feeling this week? My sleep has been bad last week, I am not sure why I am not able to sleep but that keeps me tired all day long. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? How much weight can you lift in second and thrift trimester?
    • Any upcoming appointments? Next appointment is mid February regular Ob appointment and 1 hour glucose test. 
    • GTKY: Do you have a name picked out for your LO yet? We moved this task to April, MH doesn’t want to think about baby too much until we are close. He is still anxious.  
    • Feel free to share a HDBD!! Size is slowly increasing but it isn’t very different from last pic 
  • Loading the player...
  • It’s almost 1am and I really should be sleeping but I had coffee this afternoon so I figure why not come and post! ;)

@bkatp sorry about the sleep. My sleep fluctuates all the time. Some nights I wake up every two hours and very few nights (more like during the weekend) I get 4-5 hrs straight before having to use the restroom. 

@northbeach3 yeah, my bump has popped!! I believe it became more noticeable during the week of the flu around 20wk 5 days or so - it did feel like it showed over night. And like you, when I eat, even if it’s a smaller portion than usual I get super full and my bump really shows as if I swallowed a watermelon. Lol. Oh and those flutters/kick, they’ll get stronger and more frequent. 
    • How far along? 21wk 6d
    • How are you feeling this week? Good but lots of lower back aches - maybe more due to poor posture? But idk. It seems to be more frequent than before but manageable with MH help with rubbing the ache away. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? More kicks!! I can occasionally see my belly move during the kicks too. It’s so exciting. :)
    • Any upcoming appointments? 1/23 AS - can’t wait to see LO! 
    • GTKY: Do you have a name picked out for your LO yet? Not really. I have a list and we’re trying to narrow it down but we still have some time so we’re not in a rush. 
  • @blackhottamales we used the same app!  <3

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• HI Ladies!
    @madasm0530 - yay for 3rd tri! I wonder if baby boy is sitting in a weird place causing the pains? Especially as he gets bigger. 
    @northbeach3 - as baby grows, you will definitely start to feel her move more. Sometimes it's more during certain times of day. I'm waiting to see what the difference this time with and anterior placenta b/c I haven't felt much yet.  
    @blackhottamales - welcome to 2nd tri! They have apps for everything now! That's  pretty great way to see who likes what name w/o being swayed one way or the other. 
    @bkatp - I feel you on the no sleep. I feel like I'm up every 2-3 hours. I have no idea about how much weight you can lift. I would imagine that depends on what you were doing before you got pregnant and that is probably different for everyone. I would definitely ask your ob. 
    • How far along? 18w 3d 
    • How are you feeling this week? So far so good. I'm still getting nauseous which keeps me on the meds. I'm ready to be done with that! It's always in the afternoon when I'm already tired from work and want to just hang out with my fam. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? - same as above. I'm so tired of feeling nauseous! On the plus side, I went to return something to destination maternity yesterday and the store by me is closing b/c they lost their lease. Everything was 80% off. I got like $460 worth of stuff for $100. I got 2 swim suits for like $8 a piece! It gets hot in phoenix by March so I will probably be in a pool early and last time I was due in December so I didn't need a maternity suit. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? We had AS yesterday and it went really well. Baby girl is measuring right where they want her to be. She moved around a lot which of course I still can't feel. lol. she started face down and ended face up. My ob sent me to a different place than when I had my son. I was a little disappointed b/c this place didn't do any 3d pictures while the last one did. I was so spoiled last time!
    • GTKY: Do you have a name picked out for your LO yet? We have narrowed it down really to 2 names. Most likely it will either be Emily Ann or Madeline Taylor. There are still a bunch on the list though so it may be something completely different and at the last minute. With our son, it was so easy. We knew right away. This time, we have had such a hard time with girl names. Even the names we liked last time are not even on the list this time. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @northbeach3 I only get up once to pee in the night but I am very light sleeper which makes it harder to fall asleep again. Also I am a back sleeper, sleeping on side is making my hands & legs numb after sometime which wakes me up again 

I have been feeling more movements lately and those definitely feel like more than kicks. Maybe rolling around ? 

From past 1 week I also feel full after eating very small amounts so I am trying to eat healthy in whatever I eat. 

• @northbeach3 It doesn't get better...the "feeling stuffed" part. When I eat too much, it's worse and miserable. MH complains I barely ate anything but at night I mainly just snack now. Also, some days can be worst than others and feel like I'm having to focus on breathing due to not having room / baby laying a certain way. As baby gets bigger, you may find trouble breathing if you roll on your back at night. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @kristimh80 yeah, that's been my worry... i feel like the shortness of breath is already happening. i'll definitely monitor my amount of food intake at dinner b/c it's super uncomfortable to try to fall asleep feeling so bloated.  

thanks ladies for sharing your experiences. the comparison helps normalize the experience. i was excited to finally feel things moving, but now i think it's another source of anxiety. :\  don't think i've felt anything today yet. gonna try to give it the whole day before really freaking out. i've been teaching all morning so haven't really been focused on my body. *sigh*
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• @bkatp If your OB is ok with it, could you try a hospital wedge to allow you to sleep slightly propped up but on your back? It’s a suggestion my prenatal yoga teacher made to a woman with a shoulder issue.

@madasm0530 I have no suggestions for your rib pain, but I wonder if it’s your LO repeatedly kicking you in that area? I say only because a woman in my prenatal yoga class also had concentrated rib pain and her baby’s hind area was definitely concentrated there. She’s 30 weeks, though, so easier to tell. Congrats on moving to 3rd tri next week!

@blackhottamales Hooray! Happy to see you again!! And that is fantastic about your baby shower! I’ll suggest that app to DH. So far we’ve been reading through every single name in a baby name book. Which would be helpful except we really need just the American/English/Latin names. Although I did try to convince DH that we could do some Scandinavian names since I have ancestors from Norway. 

@northbeach3 Someone on my BMB posted a video of what happens to your other organs as your uterus expands, and OMG. The poor digestive system seems to get smooshed up into the lungs. So I think that explains the inability to eat a lot.

@Griffin5413 Holy clothing haul!! And those names are fantastic! My middle name is Ann, so I’m partial, lol.

How far along? 18+4

How are you feeling? Gassy. Always gassy. Poor DH. 

Rant/Rave/Questions My sister is organizing a baby shower here in NYC, which is a relief. I’m also getting mildly panicky about baby’s arrival in 5 months. I think I’m going to make DH do at least one baby-related thing every night until the panic subsides. 

Friday was our 5th anniversary and DH gave me an ultrasound painting—or he will, when it’s done in February. The artist uses your u/s, but the theme is based on your and YH’s personalities and the baby’s personality to the best you can discern it (so, squirmy?). I’m really looking forward to it, and it occurred to me that when all is done, we could also ask the artist to do a painting that commemorates the four embryos that came before. 

Appointments? Seeing my OB on 1/30 and then our second AS is on 2/8.

GTKY We have middle names because they’re family names, but still working on the first names. Twice the work since we’re Team Green!
  • @Bababatty Happy Anniversary!! The painting sounds so cool!! Please share when you receive it. Now I want to research this...such a neat idea!

@northbeach3 Taking zantac again also helped me a lot. I found some of it was due to acid reflux that creeped back around. Fiber pills and probiotics have also been a life saver to get digestive system moving. TMI...when there's little room, some times just going to the bathroom helps! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @northbeach3
    It's so hard not to obsess about the movements you thought would be so reassuring! It really is on and off until you're a bit further along, and even then, you can have a slower day. My OB said after 30 weeks, he just looks for regular movements throughout the day, not a certain number during a specific time, and hiccups count -- which are the cutest little things! Just whatever feels normal for you once you start sensing a bit of a pattern. Anne was always very bouncy at night and early morning, quieter sometimes during the day when I would start to worry!

(Potential TW in spoiler)

I am actually the poster child for worrying about movements (when I thought they would be so reassuring). I did multiple kick counts throughout the day when I was post 28 weeks and was always checking with a glass of orange juice. I went in for a reassurance scan about two days after my 35 week appt (where all was fine and my BP was still a little high but stable) because I felt like her movements were "different" and I just felt anxious and off and they found my BP had risen higher from my appt just a few days before, I had labs done and she was delivered a little early since the doctors were worried about ME. There was absolutely nothing wrong with her -- she had awesome NSTs and monitoring throughout my hospital stay - and the nurses always teased me that I came concerned about her movements since they said she was very bouncy!  This is -not- to scare anyone, but to remind you that you know your body and your baby best. 
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @northbeach3 et al 
    Funny part about the movements; I noticed she was squirmy in the same sort of way and during the same times after she was born! I would often watch her in the bassinet doing a little squirm with her characteristic kicks to the sides and think, "I remember you doing that in my belly!"

Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks

TTC #2
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

• @Bababatty thank you I’ll ask my ob next time I meet her. 

Happy Anniversary !! 

We also completed 5 years last thanksgiving, we thought of celebrating our 5 year anniversary the entire year. We will plan for trip that is for anniversary and babymoon together. 
  • Hello ladies! I'm late this week on posting - have been super busy with work. 
    madasm0530 you're almost 3rd tri! congrats! It's probably everything shifting around as your uterus grows - remember at 20wks, it's at the umbilicus so now...
    @bkatp check with your OB but I think usually < 20 lbs (which obviously doesn't work for women that are already mamas but that's what we tell patients when they come to@ the ER). have you tried no screen time before bed/meditating to help with sleep? I've had super vivid dreams which is so unusual because I never remember my dreams. Oh, also, snoogle if you don't have one already.
    @blackhottamales hello friend, excited to have you join us! We tried to be team green and then gave up at the 12 wk US!
    @northbeach3 are you taking a probiotic? it might help with the smushed feeling
    @mrsyng yay for back rubs! I've definitely been enjoying mine :smile:
    @Griffin5413 wow - great deals! we're overlapping on places soon - I'm in Vegas for a conference the end of Feb and in Scottsdale end of April :smile:
    @Bababatty Happy Anniversary! The painting sounds amazing  <3
    • How far along? 17w4d
    • How are you feeling this week? starting to have a little bump - excited :smile:
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? have been looking at baby stuff - would love to see favorites: carseats, strollers, etc 
    • Any upcoming appointments? AFP today
    • GTKY: Do you have a name picked out for your LO yet? Yes :smile: we have had our girl name picked out since before we got pregnant so  <3
    • Feel free to share a HDBD!! soon!
  • @bkatp
    One insomnia tactic which works for me is to basically embrace the insomnia one night and not try to go to bed if you don't feel tired. You might stay up all night; no big deal! I would usually do Fri-Sat if I was having some insomnia during the week. I would generally sleep really well the next night and feel re-energized. My doctor actually recommended it and it works for me. I actually feel more relaxed after doing this for some reason -- I think because I end up getting alot of stuff done when I'm awake and I feel less stressed/more productive?
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @autumnlvs - I work in Scottsdale. What part are you going to be in. Maybe we can meet for coffee or tea :smile:
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @bkatp I love the idea of celebrating your anniversary all year!
  • Sorry posting late/ app wasn’t working for me this week. 
    • How far along? 24+1 May 15
    • How are you feeling this week? Okay - tired all the time though. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?  Anxiety is getting better busy still nervous. 
    • Any upcoming appointments?  OB check up Tuesday and repeat anatomy scan Thursday.  glucose test on Tuesday.  
    • GTKY: Do you have a name picked out for your LO yet?  His name will be Robert Michael after our grandfathers and will be called Bobby 

• @mbradfo2 it’s good to hear the “trust your body” mantra. I feel like I’ve read so many stories where doctors were hesistant to believe the woman but something ended up being off. Movements were low/slow for the past two days, but definitely feeling more tonight. Continue to remind myself that scans have been good and things have been progressing as they should. I’m still kind of in denial I guess. (Shrugs) 

@autumnlvs haven’t taken a probiotic in a while but I’ll see what the dh has. Think I have some probiotic yogurt drinks I could test. Those were helping with heart burn.  will you be staying in a casino on the strip when you visit LV?  Let me know if you need any recs for food or things to do during your visit! :) hopefully the weather will be pretty mild in late feb. @Griffin5413 did I remember your babymooning in LV too? Let me know the kinds of stuff y’all like to do. There’s a lot of new stuff in town.

Best of luck in your upcoming appointments @bpietronicco! Time is flying by. Babe will be here in no time!
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18

• @northbeach3 I still freak out when my man has some slow days.  He had a slow few days last week and then on the day of my appt when I was going to bring it up he was super active and has been since.  Don’t forget sometimes they switch positions that make you feel them move less.  My OB said if I’m ever worried to drink a glass of OJ and lay on my left side.  Then if I don’t feel him within an hour to call.
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• @northbeach3
    It didn't feel real to me until she was born, even though all the doctors said everything is good and progressing properly. I think feeling like that is often normal when you've gone through this whole process. You know, as a rational person, that you are pregnant and there is a baby coming, but you can't really believe it.
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC

TTC #2

• @bpietronicco - my 2 year old is named after 2 grandfathers. We loved the family connection. 

@northbeach3 - I forgot you live in the Vegas area. I'll definitely take advice on what to do. We will probably just want to go to a few nice dinners and see a show. Maybe get a massage. My husband hasn't ever been downtown so I was thinking maybe hugo's at the 4 queens. I haven't been there in years though. 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @northbeach3 please list all your favorites in LV. We’re also considering a baby moon there too but haven’t officially booked anything - I hate planning. It’s been approx 5 yrs since we’ve been. 

@mayflower513 thanks for the tip with the OJ. I was a little worried yesterday with LO not moving at his usual time in the morning when I woke up and didn’t feel him until mid-morning - almost noon; even though, we had our AS on Wednesday. 
  • bkatpbkatp member
    edited January 2019
    @mbradfo2 I can’t do without sleep, my day is usually wasted with continuous headache if I don’t sleep. Gone are those days where I could be awake all night and jump around the next day. 

@northbeach3 all of us are in denial to some extent or other I guess because of our experiences but I was told that reaching beyond 20 weeks point brings the risk down close to 0%.

@mrsyng how did your AS go ? 

@bpietronicco is it general anxiety that u have ?. I am asking because I am having periods of anxiety and restlessness sometimes in a day. I never had this before so I am blaming pregnancy harmones now. Deep breathing and headspace meditation is helping me to some extent handle my anger and restlessness. I am not really sure what I am angry on I am trying to find reasons for my anger most of the time 
  • @bkatp sorry you’re not really feeling like yourself lately and the migraines -those are horrible! I hope you’ll find some way to get more relief.
    Thanks for asking about my AS. It went well - I’m assuming the report will say baby is good too but I won’t know until next week when I see my ob. It’s still surreal that a baby is growing inside of me and how big he has grown from a small speck of cells. I think our little boy may have some character - the us tech was talking about him being on his side and couldn’t get a profile of him and just seconds later he turned, as he heard her and was “lady, I heard you talking about me!!! I’ll show you!” also with his fist up! Lol picture below. 

When is your AS? 

• @mrsyng cute pic from AS. Mine was done on 9th Jan. Mine took twists and turns and finally ended well. Baby was doing good. He is more active and kicking these days. Yesterday I saw my tummy move a little bit when he kicked. So I guess he is doing well 
  • @bkatp thanks for those stats! i do have generalized anxiety disorder, so i assume that + pregnancy interacts to create crazy brain. :)

@mrsyng what a cutie with his little fist!! im jealous of his movement on command.  my LO was pretty static at the AS and they couldn't get good heart or face shots, so we're back in a few weeks. 

to all the ladies coming to las vegas -- i'm a bit behind in work, but i'll try to draft up some fun things to do / shows to see in the coming days.