March 2019 Moms

Randoms 1/22-1/27

In an effort to not be bored at work, let's talk about some random stuff!

Re: Randoms 1/22-1/27

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited January 2019
    I'm trying to decide whether to go in to my practice for an ultrasound. I posted last week in week 1 that the baby is breech. That was at 33 weeks, and preferably, the baby would be head down by now. If the baby stays breech, I can't have an OOH birth because it's not allowed in my state. So we really want the baby to turn, preferably on his or her own! I've been sitting head down, butt up to try to encourage the baby to turn. 

My midwives said to call if I thought the baby has, and I'll go in for a quick ultrasound to check. It's hard to tell. They said it would be obvious from the pressure once they get their head down there (the baby was very high last appointment), but I don't really remember the pressure being that great with my daughter. I do think the movements have changed, and my bump seems to have moved down somewhat, and I do have some pressure from time to time, also more pelvic pain recently, so maybe? It's just so hard to tell! I know it's not a big deal, but I just hate to waste people's time if nothing has changed. 
  • @lovesclimbing how soon do you need to go in and have the ultrasound to see?  Or can you request more than one? This baby was head down at my last appointment but I feel like she may have flipped again - it seems like they can change positions at the drop of a hat!

This is random and has nothing to do with babies:  I made some b*tchin beer cheese soup on Sunday night and brought the leftovers for lunch today. I am a happy camper.
  • Loading the player...
  • dtspmama said:
    @lovesclimbing how soon do you need to go in and have the ultrasound to see?  Or can you request more than one? This baby was head down at my last appointment but I feel like she may have flipped again - it seems like they can change positions at the drop of a hat!

This is random and has nothing to do with babies:  I made some b*tchin beer cheese soup on Sunday night and brought the leftovers for lunch today. I am a happy camper.
    If I don't call before my appointment next week, I expect they'll do one at that appointment just to verify where the baby is. 

If there's any uncertainty about the positioning, they'll do an ultrasound. At my last appointment, she was sure the baby was breech from feel but did an ultrasound anyway just in case because the baby had flipped from being head down at the appointment before that.
  • @lovesclimbing other than encourage you to keep doing the inversions, would they do anything if baby turns out to have turned between now and your next appointment? If not, then I don't see why they'd want you back in unless they were going to try to do a version. If you get a version, provided it doesn't send you into labor, will you still be able to do your OOH birth?
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @lovesclimbing
    If you are going to get one at your next appointment, i would just wait just in case the baby flips in the meantime. Hopefully all your moving around does help! I think my LO has flipped head down if only bc she gets hiccups constantly and i feel them in my pelvis, however in my case it doesn't matter since i have to do a RCS anyway. 

My random is that i have been craving spaghetti since Saturday because of a commercial i saw on Food Network and i finally got it today from Fazolis for lunch and WE are so happy LOL. 
  • @lovesclimbing one of the bigger signs my lo turned heads down was feeling the hiccups low (she gets them pretty regularly). I’d agree with @meggyme, if they’re not going to do anything to turn baby, I’d probably just wait for your next appointment.
    @dtspmama beer cheese soup sounds delightful!
  • @zionsmama85 I never feel like commercials are that persuasive until something like that happens, and then I can't shake it!
  • @zionsmama85 now I want fazoli's. Yum.

SaveSave
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    edited January 2019
    meggyme said:
    @lovesclimbing other than encourage you to keep doing the inversions, would they do anything if baby turns out to have turned between now and your next appointment? If not, then I don't see why they'd want you back in unless they were going to try to do a version. If you get a version, provided it doesn't send you into labor, will you still be able to do your OOH birth?
    They said if the baby had turned, they'd tell me to go for long walks to help the head work down into my pelvis so they can't flip back up again as easily, haha! It would be nice to know if I could stop doing inversions though! They're uncomfortable and sometimes give me headaches, and I can't do anything except listen to podcasts during them because I can't really read a book in that position or watch videos or anything because my head is on the floor. 

My practice tends to be very proactive, which I appreciate. They like to know things early and get things figured out early so you can course correct as early as possible if necessary. And while there is still quite a bit of time for the baby to turn, and they think he or she probably will, they encourage the inversions and knowing ASAP. And they also were saying that it's easier for the baby to turn on their own the earlier it is. The baby is at the point where they'll start gaining half a pound a week and really getting bigger. 

Yes, if a version was successful, I could still do OOH. I actually know people who've done that (and also someone for whom a version failed, although they weren't trying for OOH.) If the baby doesn't turn on their own, I will definitely go in for a version. 

ETA: So far, I haven't felt any hiccups that I've recognized (I did last pregnancy.)

FWIW, the baby was frank breech (head and feet up, butt down) at my last appointment. They were also sitting quite high. When they put the scanner or whatever it's called down low, my uterus looked empty! They had to move higher to see the butt. But I am feeling more movement up and down and low. So either they're doing some serious contortions to stick their hands behind their back to reach down there, or they have moved in some way, shape or form. 
  • @dtspmama beer cheese soup, ahhh I haven't had that in years, so much so that I had forgotten about it! Your post is taking me back to that restaurant in Houston where I had me some b*tchin soup!
  • @lovesclimbing did you check the spinning babies website or just doing the inversion at the suggestion of the midwives? Because you shouldn't get dizzy, and also not spend more than 30s-45s head down (https://spinningbabies.com/learn-more/techniques/the-fantastic-four/forward-leaning-inversion/). Here is the link from the spinning babies website about all techniques for turning breach babies, I had it bookmarked when DS2 was breech at first: https://spinningbabies.com/learn-more/baby-positions/breech/flip-a-breech/ They say the breech tilt is more effective than the inversions, but only if you know for sure that the baby is breech. 
  • Here's the recipe for any interested parties:

https://www.thedisneychef.com/2012/07/canadian-cheddar-cheese-soup.html

Our weather dipped below 50 degrees and I was almost giddy about making it.  Pretty sure my husband thought I was insane.  And then thrilled because there's nothing better than b*tchin soup!  LOL
  • @dtspmama I might have to snag that recipe...we're doing a "Souper Bowl" here at work as a fun party for the Super Bowl and I'm terrible at making soup. Chili I've got covered but all my soup comes out of a can LOL
  • You all are making me hungry and i swear I just ate...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @lovesclimbing did you check the spinning babies website or just doing the inversion at the suggestion of the midwives? Because you shouldn't get dizzy, and also not spend more than 30s-45s head down (https://spinningbabies.com/learn-more/techniques/the-fantastic-four/forward-leaning-inversion/). Here is the link from the spinning babies website about all techniques for turning breach babies, I had it bookmarked when DS2 was breech at first: https://spinningbabies.com/learn-more/baby-positions/breech/flip-a-breech/ They say the breech tilt is more effective than the inversions, but only if you know for sure that the baby is breech. 
    I have read that website. I occasionally do their inversions, but those are extremely uncomfortable and give me cramps and headaches even doing them for such short periods of time. Mostly, I'm doing what my midwives suggested and called an inversion, which is basically what is called the Open-Knee Chest on that website (except I usually have to shove my head into the couch because I don't have someone around to hang onto my legs during the day!)
  • @zionsmama85 - oh god I miss fazoli’s. We don’t have one here and I really miss their breadsticks. Glad you finally got the yummy! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • I'm also hungry now and I just ate !! I am craving some Hawaiian shaved ice, there is a place here that adds a bunch of different fruits and I have wanted to try it for a while. This might be the week I do! 
  • @lovesclimbing I’m not sure if you were asking this, but I couldn’t tell that mine flipped. I had tons of discomfort when baby B was transverse or breech, but now they are getting big and it’s hard for me to tell. Apparently they’ve both been head down now for over a week. 
    I don’t have more pressure down low than I ever did, but baby A has always been super low.
    My doc also told me that heat and ice are safe. She recommended a cold pack at the top of my uterus and gentle warming where you want the head to go. Babe doesn’t like the cold and will turn away from it.
    You might also try moxabustion/accupuncture. There are points that encourage movement and can help a breech baby turn. You have to wait until you are term though because the same points can also cause preterm labor. 

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• @HoneyBear40 "Souper bowl". Ha! I love that.
  • @lovesclimbing I’m not sure if you were asking this, but I couldn’t tell that mine flipped. I had tons of discomfort when baby B was transverse or breech, but now they are getting big and it’s hard for me to tell. Apparently they’ve both been head down now for over a week. 
    I don’t have more pressure down low than I ever did, but baby A has always been super low.
    My doc also told me that heat and ice are safe. She recommended a cold pack at the top of my uterus and gentle warming where you want the head to go. Babe doesn’t like the cold and will turn away from it.
    You might also try moxabustion/accupuncture. There are points that encourage movement and can help a breech baby turn. You have to wait until you are term though because the same points can also cause preterm labor. 
    Sort of a question, sort of venting, haha. 

I didn't end up calling today. I have heard the heat thing, but haven't tried it (although I have on my mid to lower back for some pain). Someone else was just recommending acupuncture to me the other day. We'll see if the baby doesn't turn on their own. 
  • @abbykwail that sounds like an awesome diaper service! I would totally cloth diaper if we had that!
  • I'm back to rant about the old house that is driving me insane.  We paid to have the kitchen and family room dry-walled (it was previously wood paneling) and MH is taking the day off to paint, put up new light fixtures, etc. And he wants me to come over after work to help clean.  

Now, OBVIOUSLY I am going to go, as I will do whatever it takes to get this mother f'ing house sold, but I am EXHAUSTED.  I just want this house to go away.  And, also, I'm really mad because the drywall looks amazing and we talked about doing it the entire time we lived in the house, and now I"m going to be there cleaning, with it all painted and looking fabulous, and resenting the stupid house even more.

Rant over.

In other news, one of our holiday cards was returned by the USPS with an actual puncture wound right through the middle. Like when Harry Potter stabbed Tom Riddle's journal in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.  It is the strangest thing. And sort of creepy!
  • @dtspmama that sucks, but hopefully it will help get the house off your hands for a good price.
  • @dtspmama I totally understand. Our first house was built in the 1880s and had not-functional room layouts and awful paint colors (think blood red walls with bright yellow trim!). We fixed a few things we couldn't stand when we first moved in but my husband didn't get really motivated to renovate until we were putting the house on the market. By the time we sold it, it was finally a functional, beautiful house and I was so mad seeing how we could have been living! We have similar issues with the new house (also very old and quirky) and there's a little bit of motivation to fix up some rooms because of the baby but I have a feeling nothing will happen for a VERY long time after the baby is born. 
  • @bug_hunter I love old houses though, despite their quirks and the required home maintenance. Both of the houses we've owned were built in 1928 and they've had so much character. It's hard to live in a cookie cutter house after that.
  • @dtspmama You're not the only one mad at a hubby and house situation! We did the same thing with our first house - finally got it how I wanted it and we bought a different house and made this one a rental. It didn't have central air for the 3 years we lived there, it had the setup but not the unit. Well DH uses "we might add A/C" in his selling point to prospective renters and suddenly we're putting in central air once a tenant moves in :neutral:
  • @meggyme yeah, I completely agree. My husband grew up in Philly and does historic masonry preservation and he only trusts old houses. He has definitely made me appreciate them more, even though I grew up in a 70s ranch house in the NJ suburbs and never thought much about architecture or design details when I was younger. And it's fun to trace the history of how old houses have changed. Both of ours were built pre-indoor plumbing so it's like "hmm I guess this room used to be this much bigger before they had to knock down walls to build this tiny bathroom". We also opened up a wall under a staircase and found Kotex pad pamphlets from the 50s with advice to girls about getting their periods which was pretty great haha.
  • Thanks @meggyme @bug_hunter & @HoneyBear40.  It feels good to whine about it.  :)
  • @dtspmama that is frustrating, but hopefully it will help get your house sold! We listed our house for a hot second before changing our minds two years ago, and I’ve definitely enjoyed a couple of the little updates we made when we listed!
    My random gripe today- our fire alarm (or at least that’s the assumption) decided to squawk once at 3am... it scared the crap out of DH and I, and we were both wide awake trying to figure out what was going on. Was apparently (thankfully) nothing, and somehow didn’t wake DS. But I had a terrible time going back to sleep and it didn’t help that baby girl decided to dance around once I was laying down again. 
  • I woke up to a random complaint this morning! A few weeks ago I picked up a part time work from home jon reviewing contracts for a company. They called me yesterday at 430 to ask if I could do 2 by Friday and I said I would do my best so they sent me two and I did one of them. This morning someone else in the company emailed me that the one I did had already been done by someone else! I feel like I should still bill them for the time I spent on it because it's not my fault they opened access to something that had already been done! 
  • @abbykwail you should absolutely bill them for the time you spent! That's ridiculous. Get that money!
  • @abbykwail I definitely agree, if they requested that you do the work and you did it, it's on them to have a better workflow management system.
  • @dtspmama and @meggyme right!? Ok, good I'm glad it's not just me. I was already annoyed that they gave me 2 that late in the day on Wednesday and were like do this by Friday! 
  • @abbykwail 100% agree that you should bill them! Your time is valuable and they’re the ones who double assigned the work!
  • Random, more of a rant. My cell phone slipped out of my hand while shopping today and shattered the screen. I'm so pissed because I was about to trade it for an upgrade. Then as I was grabbing blueberries out of my cart during checkout they opened and got all over the floor in the check out lane! It's not my day....
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • @abbykwail I work with freelancers all the time at work, and if I sent something that duplicated work and it was my fault, I would 100% expect to be charged for the time and effort. Get that money! 

@novelblessings I’m sorry! Grocery shopping this pregnant is hard enough without all that!