August 2019 Moms

Monday B*fest 1/21

Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!

Re: Monday B*fest 1/21

• Loading the player...
  • My boss refuses to read anything. Every time I send an email or we receive an email from a client he immediately calls me and says "What does this say?"
  • @mrosek91 what! that would drive me nuts! You should call him first and ask him what the emails say. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• agpandmeagpandme member
    edited January 2019
    My dad is on my last nerve. He lives with us (soon to be outside in his own quarters separate from the main house.  He had a couple brain aneurysms about 4 years ago so is very disabled and brain damaged.  He really can't do much for himself. Anyway, last night he flipped out at my super sweet husband for asking him to put his clothes away.  Like FULL ON hysterical angry screaming. I got involved because it woke me up and my dogs were terrified (85lb pittie hiding in the bathroom is very sad).  It made things worse of course and he ended up destroying his room (90% of which is stuff we own). This morning I ignored him, told him lunch was ready and on the island and I left to go walk with my mom (they are LONGGGGGGG time divorced).  Anyway, I came back to my dad chugging my husbands beer, he had his outside walker in the house (I don't allow it in because he scratches the walls and we JUST remodeled this entire home last year).  I asked him why he thought it was okay to drink DHs beer when he treated him like such shit last night.  He said "Well it seemed okay to me".  I told him to take the outside walker outside.  Which he proceeded to, then went to the garage for MORE BEER. Hes the biggest narcissist I've ever met. I said "Go for a walk, I don't want to see you for at least an hour, I'm appalled by your selfish behavior".  So he walked down the driveway and now I'm writing this to get it off my chest.  

I don't hate my dad, but when in this world will he realise that we do EVERYTHING FOR HIM. We do not deserve to be treated poorly. Maybe he should go yell at his daughters that never call or visit? 

I absolutely CANNOT WAIT to get him out of the house.  We don't do this in my home. We dont' yell and scream and throw fits.  We just don't. My husband and I match energy so well, we just don't have a home with fighting and I do not like this disturbance.  My home will not be like this.  Especially when I'm raising a child. 
  • Today there was a negative windchill and people were throwing temper tantrums that schools weren't cancelled and claiming it was dangerous to wait for the bus! We need to have a little chat about the meaning of the word dangerous... 

DD (6 years old, 37 pounds with no meat on her bones) and I bundled up and waited for the bus without 1 complaint of being cold. I even offered to let her wait in a heated car and she looked at me like I was crazy. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @Allycat11 I live one tennessee and they are WAY overzealous about school cancellations here — especially for cold. It’s a little ridiculous. That being said, I had to tell myself one day when I was complaining about school being closed again that not all kids HAVE warm clothes. Many kids don’t even have coats. So for little ones like that, it really can be dangerous to wait out in the cold. 😞
    FORMER USERNAME: @runningisrad

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @hey_clever_girl way to make me cry! gosh that though just hurts my heart....
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @hey_clever_girl this is Michigan, we are not strangers to cold and there are countless resources for free winter gear around here. I definitely feel for those who can not provide for their kids but I imagine if they can not afford a coat..or seek out the free resources...the burden of an unexpected day off work or affording childcare for that extra day would be a bigger issue for them. 

Also most of the people whining were people who definitely have their basic needs met and just wanted to keep their kids home to watch Netflix for the day...which is their choice. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @Allycat11 I live in SC and they will delay school two hours for a wind chill in the teens with no precipitation... There must be a significant portion of the population that doesn’t own a coat. It was 35 one morning last week and I saw a girl get on the bus in a T-shirt. I think it’s far more “dangerous” to have kids on buses in mid-August when the heat index is over 110 🤷🏻‍♀️, but I’m no official. 
  • @wabash15 yeah, I have a super bloody liberal snowflake heart so it makes me pretty sad, too. BUT, I do understand the frustrations of working parents. I'm self-employed and work from home now, but that's just been the past 6 months. Last January, my kid's school was closed for a solid week because of "weather" that never happened. My husband and I ate up SO much PTO and I was PISSED. So @Allycat11 I definitely get the frustration. School closings used to be a very real and very large burden on my family. 

• It’s not Monday, but man it sure feels like it... and although I am BEYOND GRATEFUL for this baby - this momma is sick and tired of being sick and tired!! Somebody remind me how blissful the second trimester is!
  • @thirdtimesacharm2019 I feel you. I'm also sick & tired of being sick & tired and keep hoping for the 2T magic to kick in soon! 

• I bought myself a fruit tray over the weekend and there was not nearly enough cream cheese fruit dip in there for the whole tray. RAWR!
  • @ElcaB - I was cutting up an apple the other day for DD and was having flashbacks to when I was preggo with her, how I used to eat ALL the apples and I remembered there was something I would dip it in, but couldn't remember ... it was the cream cheese fruit dip! OMG I WANT IT NOW.

But speaking about bitching, TWO HOUR DENTAL APPOINTMENT TODAY. For my 2.5 y.o. daughter at the pediatric dentist. For a check-up. Were there 10 min early for a 9:20 appt and didn't leave until just after 11. Are. You. Kidding. Me. I know things get crazy, but TELL ME. I don't mind rescheduling if I need to or adjusting my calendar. But it is f#cking impossible to keep a child that age occupied/contained for that long of a time. Both me and DH were there and it still took BOTH of us to keep her from losing her s#it. We didn't bring her diaper bag (with treats, drinks, etc) because we figured (1) it's the dentist and (2) we would be there 20-30 min tops. Wrong. Sigh.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)