Infertility

January 2019 IUI

Re: January 2019 IUI

• @LJMoon6 Its crazy how much of a difference there can be between nurses! I'm glad that everything ended up okay in the end!!!! My first IUI was super painful too, and the second was a BREEZE! 

@ispi Yay! Glad it went away!!! 

@bmaty0214 Good luck today!!!!! 

AFM-
    Went for US today I had 2 big follicles on my left (26, 21) and Two small on my right (13,12) so hopefully one of them takes!

The nurse was also telling me that I should move on to IVF if this one doesn't work. I told her my insurance needs 6 before I can and she told me that with a doctor recommendation to move on we might just be able to go ahead with it! She's going to call me today after she discusses it with a few other people. I would really like to move on. Two losses in a row is just awful and I'm hoping that IVF will fix that.

History: *TW Loss*

Me: 31

DH: 27

D/X: Unexplained Infertility- Unexplained Recurrent Loss

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

Feb IUI- Loss @ 7 weeks... Euploid Male

May IUI: TBD

• @sarahtothea it's interesting that you say that about your insurance because I asked that question to my clinic's financial advisor and she said she had never heard of insurance requiring a certain number of IUIs before going to IVF.
    *TW* History:
    Me: 34 DH: 36 | Together since 2007 | Married July 2016

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    IVF #1 | 6.11.19 | 24R, 17M, 15F, 6B, PGT-A tested - 5 normal, 3 girls & 2 boys
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle
    Surprise natural BFP! | 9.22.20 | MC 10.23.20 at 8 weeks
    TTCAL naturally | starting 11.22.20

Initial consultation with Reproductive Immunologist | 9.14.21
    Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Saline sono | 10.15.21 | normal
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy
    DS born 7.19.22 after induction

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Consultation with RI | 6.6.23
    Saline sono, endometritis biopsy, skin & eye check | all normal
    Labs | high TSH, Factor XIII mutation, high %CD56
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs after 3 weeks on meds
    Follow up | 11.9.23 | Green light!, increase in prednisone, added lovenox
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    Follow up | 1.16.24 | Green light continues
    TTC put on pause
  • Loading the player...
  • @inthewoods23 Yeah I don't know, it's Cigna so I can't say I'm surprised lol! It's kind of a bummer! Honestly though, I'm just glad to have insurance that covers this stuff. The nurse was showing me the requirements today. If I was over 35 I would need 3. I'm hoping that they can override that requirement with a doctors recommendation! 

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• @sarahtothea that is a bummer! I know our I has some $10k maximum so once we're past that everything is out of pocket. And that's for the lifetime of the plan! So if we use it all up trying for #1, then #2 would be all OOP. Thankfully we have the money to pay it if we need to, but hopefully it doesn't get all used up in 1 go ☹️
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017
    Dx: low morph (1%), ANA positive, low decidualization score, high TSH and testosterone, histone antibodies

IUI #1-3 all BFN
    FET #1 | 9.10.19 | BFN "I know you, but we've never met. I'm with you, but I don't know your name"
    RPL, Receptiva, & ERA testing | all normal/negative, recommended going on gluten and dairy free diet for next FET
    FET #2 | 3.31.20 | Opted to cancelled due to pandemic, continued diet and tried naturally over the summer
    2nd Opinion with another RE | 8.20.20 | Not immune to measles (received 1 dose); SA results similar to 2 years ago; decided to move forward with FET #2 redo at start of next cycle

Decidualization score biopsy | 10.1.21 | abnormal - low score of 1; endometrial scratch recommended and progesterone supplementation
    Bloodwork | 10.21.21 high TSH, high testosterone, positive for anti-nuclear antibodies and histone antibodies, high protein S, multiple genetic mutations
    BFP! | 11.3.21 | EDD 7.14.22 B) | biopsy provided same effect as endometrial scratch; added supplemental progesterone and estrogen, prednisone, levothyroxine, and MTX Support to maintain pregnancy

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Follow up | 8.8.23 | prescribed metformin, prednisone, plaquenil, and levothyroxine
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @dkv713 that’s good to hear! We did between 75-125 and minimal results, especially with the PCOS!
  • So the nurse called me back! We are going to move on to IVF if this round doesn't work! I really hope it does work because IVF is so intense... but I'm glad to be moving forward instead of having to keep doing IUIs that aren't working for me!

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• @sarahtothea that's good to hear! FX it works this month so IVF isn't needed!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • Well I’m out and I knew it’s backpacks started yesterday. AF arriving soon. Will go for round 4! I’m super emo right now. This has me in a funk! 
  • IUI is Friday AM. Dr of course hopes it works this cycle but said with next IUI she wants to switch to letrozole and injections ?.  FX for all of us.  Hugs to those out this cycle. 😔
  • Introduction/DX: Hello ladies! Lurker/newbie here. I am 38 and DH is 42. Unexplained fertility with a small male issue

IUI number: #1

IUI protocol: Letorzole and trigger shot

R/R (rant/rave): Had my first IUI last Thursday. Trying to remain positive since I have gotten to this point (multiple cyst removals last year) but anxious to find out. 

How do you ladies distract yourselves while waiting? 

• I had my first IUI end of Nov 2018 and it felt like a long 2 week wait. I would come onto The Bump occasionally and lurk in the IUI threads. My doctor was very positive about it happening the first attempt too so I kind of built up my expectations a bit. It ended up being a negative and I skipped Dec because we went on holiday for a few weeks. Anyways back home now and on going for iui #2 this month. Hope some of us have success stories - happy new year and best wishes  <3
  • @nancinator, I know how you feel. Our RE told us we were “perfect candidates” for IUI and gave me so much hope it would work fast for us. Everything has looked perfect every cycle, but here we are on IUI cycle #6. First five were all BFN, but I’m hoping this one is finally the one that works given the fact that they almost cancelled due to too many mature follicles. Good luck to you!

unexplained since january 2015; one prior loss
    miracle baby boy born march 2016
    ttc #2 since january 2017; one loss in april 2017
    started injectables and IUI in may 2018
    IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    laparoscopy november 2018 = minor endo removed from right tube
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #6 = chemical pregnancy
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• Congrats LJMoon6, so exciting!

I went back to RE today, 3 growing around 10 so far, I will continue with injections and return Thursday, hoping all three continue to grow! IUI hopefully fri/sat.

• I guess I should have waited 30 min. They just called with beta results.  188 on 14dpo! I'm pretty happy with those numbers. I'll go back in on Wednesday for a repeat draw.
    I'm keeping my FX for everyone here!
    *TW* TTC history
    Me:32 DH:31
    Married: 8/2015

TTC #1: 4/2017
    Testing: HSG, U/S, BW, and DH's SA all normal
    DX: Unexplained
    8/2018: Clomid + TI = BFN
    9/2018: Clomid + TI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2018: Clomid + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    12/2018: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone \\ Cancelled due to cyst
    1/2019: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD Sept 30th, 2019
    10/7/2019: Healthy baby boy!

TTC #2: 12/2020
    2/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    3/2021: Letrozole + TI = BFN
    4/2021: Surprise! Natural BFP! \\ EDD Jan 6th, 2022 \\ Chemical, betas not rising
    8/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    9/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    10/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFN
    11/2021: Letrozole + IUI + Progesterone = BFP! \\ EDD July 29th, 2022

• Introduction/DX: I am 29, my husband is 32. We went straight to a fertility clinic after getting married - he was married 8 years prior, never had kids. Less than 90k count, due to (what we believe) an undescended teste that wasn't fixed until he was over a year old.

IUI number: First time. IUI was on the 19th, hanging out in the tww. 

IUI protocol: Letrozole 2.5mg 2x daily on the 3rd day of cycle. Ultrasound. Letrozole for 7 days, 2x daily 2.5mg. Ultrasound. Letrozole for 3 days, 2xdaily at 2.5mg with daily opks. Positive opk Friday the 18th in the evening, IUI on the 19th at 11am. 

R/R (rant/rave): Worried that I missed my O window. Had irregular periods all my life, have no clue if I have a long or short surge window. Don't even know if I ovulate regularly. We ordered a trigger shot but was told not to use it since I got a positive opk and almost feel like its a mistake not to use it. 

• @swazey2018 keeping my fingers crossed for you! I am with in the tww after my first IUI last week. 
  • @herosdaughter I have my fingers crossed for you as well! Hopefully we both get bfps :)
  • @bmaty0214 Awww I'm so sorry!!!!! I feel for you! Definitely take some time for yourself, it's hard to not feel in a funk when you are disappointed!

@LJMoon6 Whaaaatttt!!!!!!!! Congrats! Those are really good numbers, FX they double in a couple days!! Yayyyy!!!!!!

@ispi Yayyy, hopefully they continue to grow!!!! ^^FX!!!!!

@christis8 FX!!!!

@herosdaughter Hello! Welcome! ^^ FX for you! During the TWW, I feel like the first week is pretty easy to get through for me... It's the second week that is unbearable! I just keep VERY busy! I do a lot of craft type things or drawing during the time to keep my mind off it, but of course my mind always go back to it! Good luck!

@swazey2018 Welcome! FX for your IUI! Your doctors office will learn your cycle and get better and better with the timing!

AFM:
    IUI was saturday! I started progesterone on Monday and I am not a fan! LOL I feel lucky that I haven't had any super bad side effects but they feel gross lolol

I for whatever don't feel super invested in this cycle. I guess cause I'm going to IVF for the next cycle and feel like that is when I'll actually get a BFP that sticks? The odds just don't feel in my favor, not to be a debbie downer or anything lol

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• @sarahtothea FX for your IUI!

I just had my midcycle US and the 1 follicle is already at 25mm so trigger tonight and IUI on Friday! 😁
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • @sarahtothea thanks! after downing half a bottle of wine and pampering myself with acupuncture and deep tissue massage over the weekend it helped me feel slightly better. FX that everything works out for you!!! 

As for me, I went in this morning for my baseline US. They found a follicle and will let me know if it’s a cyst or active follicle this afternoon. Hoping it’s nothing serious and I can proceed. Not giving up just yet. 

@inthewoods23 Best of luck to you with IUI #2! FX!!! 
  • FX to the rest of the new ladies that just joined in!!!  :)
  • @inthewoods23 YAYYYY!!!!!! That's awesome!!!!! FX for you too!! ^^

Oct IUI- CP

Dec IUI- CP

• afox1029afox1029 member
    edited January 2019

Introduction/DX: I'm 38 and DH is 36, married for going on 10 years and we weren't ever trying to prevent pregnancy and we have been actively for about 4 years. First with the help of OPK and timed intercourse. We finally called and RE last year and were able to get a consult in November.

IUI number: 1

IUI protocol: Provera for 5 days to start my cycle, Letrozole 5 mg cycle days 3-8 then had to restart Letrozole 3 days later because follicles weren't growing enough, Prednisone 5 mg tablet twice per day, baby aspirin, prenatal, Ovidrel trigger shot 01/18 with IUI on 01/19, Endometrin 100 mg insert twice a day starting 3 days after IUI

R/R (rant/rave): I had small follicles at trigger so I am worried that they were not ready. I expressed my concerns to my DH but he thinks that since the RE did the procedure that there is nothing to worry about.

• @sarahtothea - thanks for the welcome, good vibes and TWW advice. I am trying to stay busy and not focus on it. It is working cause I am moving and that occupies a lot of my time. 

I hope that, in spite of your trepidation this cycle, you too get a bfp. 

What kind of crafting are you into? Just curious 🙂
  • @afox1029 I hope that inspite is the small follicles things work out for you! 
  • Good luck @afox29! I went today for a check in, I had 6 still growing, and he thinks by the time I come back to trigger 3-4 should be at or above size. I will go back Saturday to remeasure,trigger and then IUI Sunday (DH birthday) and Monday. This is the first time doing back to back. This will be our last iui, then a break before IVF if it doesn’t work! 
  • How do you guys end up with so many follicles? Last month I had 2 until 1 became the dominate. This month there's only been 1. Am I just not as reactive to letrozole as others to develop multiple follicles?
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • ispiispi member
    edited January 2019
    @inthewoods23 I’m doing injections so the goal is for more, however the first two times I only had 1! With clomid and femera I would usually have 2, most at 3 and sometimes 1. I think femera is only supposed to create one dominate, which is why multiples are more rare then when on clomid. One strong one is good atleast it is working!!
  • @ispi ah yes, that makes sense!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • IUI was good this morning! They guided the catheter by US because of the difficulties they had last time and I had no discomfort or cramping at all. It was great! Pretty much all the RNs and the RE were in the room for it haha.
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • arati1986arati1986 member
    edited January 2019

Introduction/DX: DH and I are both 33 and TTC for 2 years (1 year on our own, 1 year with RE). Unexplained infertility

IUI number: 6 (last one before moving on to IVF!)

IUI protocol: letrozole days 3-7, then injectibles

R/R (rant/rave): Just had my appointment today. I had one good size follicle on the right and the results of my bloodwork showed I'm surging, so IUI will be tomorrow! Trying to remain hopeful, but a little bummed that I only had 1 follicle this time (previous cycles all had 2). Either way we are just ready to get this last IUI cycle over with and move on to IVF!

• @arati1986 you and I are close in timing! Mine was just this morning! GL to you!
    *TW* History:

TTC #1 since 7.2017

IUI #1-3 all BFN

TTC #2 begins 6.2023
    Repeat labs in 8 weeks
    TTC put on pause
  • GL to you @inthewoods23 and @arati1986 !! baby dust to us all! 
  • Went in this morning for US and blood work. I had follicles measuring, 19,18,16,16,15 and a few 14s. When I met with my main dr on Thursday he said expect to trigger on Saturday, so he said I wouldn’t have to order more meds. Side note: my main doctor is a bit more aggressive and the covering doctor likes to “play it safe” per my dr. So the covering doctor today said he would want me to stim one more day and go back in tomorrow to check. I ran out of meds, so we decided to just trigger. I am now able to get in IUI tomorrow and Monday. If I waited one more day I would only be able to do one since my work schedule. Per my E2 levels (according to doctor) three were mature and the other were early mature. Now should I have waited and do one more day or would it not really matter? I know my main doctor would have triggered, and is this just the judgement of the playing safe doctor? Idk! I’m just venting. But on to the TWW after Monday ! :) 
  • GL @ispi

I'm in week 2 of TWW.  Just that bloaty crampy feeling.  
  • ispiispi member
    edited January 2019
    We just finished IUI #1, we will be back tomorrow for #2. Final count was 5 eggs over 18, lining was 11.5 and and 92 million for SC. How is everyone doing in their TWW?
  • Hi, I'm now in the Jan group. 

Intro: I'm 43, SO is 46. Diagnosed with DOR (AMH = .25)

IUI number: 2 (even though I was in the Nov. and Dec. group)

IUI protocol: letrozole days 3-7 (7.5 mg/dy0, Follistim 8-10 (300, 150, 150);

R/R (rant/rave): I'm saying this is #2, since Dec. didn't happen at all (no IUI or TI, as SO got sick). I think after this we're taking a break. My SO can't take the stress. I didn't even get to the 3rd day of injections because when I went in for CD 10 u/s  they told me I had 3 follicles (23, 20, 18). They told me just to go ahead and trigger that night. And moved my IUI from Wednesday to today. These are the largest follicles I've had yet (and with less medicine), so we'll see what happens. 

• @ispi those are really good numbers!
  • @31magnolia those look great!!