Infertility

January 2019 IVF

Re: January 2019 IVF

• @Knottie1446771532 I am on day 6-7 (started the night of Thursday, 1/10) and the nausea definitely hit this morning. I haven't had any significant side effects except just the wave of nausea that hit me this morning. Starting Ganirelix tonight and keeping my fingers crossed for the appointment tomorrow. 
    How is everyone else doing with their cycles?
  • I had my 1st ultrasound this morning. Not a good report... I have 1 large follicle (too big) on right side, then 2 small on left side along with my cyst. I started taking meds to prevent ovulation since the one on the right is so big. I go back on Friday to see if little ones catch up. Looks like best case scenario we will only get 1 or 2 eggs. Not sure if we'll proceed or not. I'll know more on Friday. Why won't my body just cooperate?! 
  • Loading the player...
  • @leela00 Don't lose hope. You're still in the process and I think that is what counts the most. Just hang in there and think positive thoughts or no thoughts at all. You can post all your inhibitions/fears here and we can talk about those if that makes you feel better. I am sure your body will cooperate with the new meds. 
  • Today will be day one of stims this is my second IVF cycle. I did not have much brusing or stinging last time (they have added menopur so it is prolly my turn). I did have headaches which I assumed was the decrease in caffeine. I did drink tons of water and Gatorade/poweraid.

I will be doing PGD/PGS testing this round as well. 

Blessing for ALL of us!
    Me and DH 44
    I am a genetic carrier using PGD testing
    Dec 2018 ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    Jan 2019 ER = 1 PGD/ PGS normal embryo, 1 carrier embryo, 1 no result
    April 2019 Hysteroscopy to remove polyp and Fibroid
    May 2019 FET = BFN
    September 2019 FET = BFN
    Dec 2019 ER = 1 carrier embryo 
    Mar ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    July 2020 ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    October 2020 Hysteroscopy to remove polyps
    Nov 2020 FET = positive (little one due July 2021)
  • Had my second ultrasound this morning and blood work. Went well, couple of very big follicles. RE has decided to move my retrieval date to Monday instead of Tuesday and prescribed me something for OHSS. I don’t have it at the moment, but she stated that I will probably have a small case of it and this medicine will help reduce it. My follistim was also decreased to 150units a day until I stop. They also moved my Friday appointment up to tomorrow so I have to bring in my HCG shot then. I’m so nervous! 
  • @leela00 I highly recomend inconceivable book , I got it from amazon. It made me a little more crazy but with huge positive thinking. If you believe that you have what you want you will have it :) good luck
  • I'm on day 3 of stims. I added menopur tonight. I have a major headache. I'm wondering is that is a side effect of menopur? I don't remember that from my last cycle. Also, I am super aware of my heart beating. Like it's beating harder or something.  I am convinced this is due somehow from the Gonal F. Last time I had this happen too, even though I understand this is NOT a side effect.  

I just learned about the needle bevel. I had no idea that it is supposed to be up. It makes a huge difference in doing all these injections. I even told my RN last time how sometimes the needle went in well and other times it was really hard.  She never mentioned the needle bevel. 

I have monitoring on Monday. Hoping we get something this time. 

Good luck ladies. 
  • @ah80 Funny that I learned about the bevel last night too :smile:
    I was obsessing over the Ganirelix shot and drove myself crazy looking for hacks and tricks to make it less uncomfortable. It was a breeze. I did break a rash at the injection site immediately after but I went to bed and it was gone in the morning. I have my monitoring appointment in the next couple hours and can't wait for them to give me a ballpark on the retrieval date. Every night I tell myself it is going to be over soon and so worth it. I come here to vent a few times a day because I have noticed I sound positive when I talk out loud; the voices in my head are so skeptic though.
    Well, good luck to everyone on this rollercoaster of emotions. Let's go get what we want, together.
  • I also did not know about the needle bevel. huh! Thanks Ladies
    Confirming the side effects with Menopur: Yes it stings and wow the headache! I was on Gonal F only last round and did not have a headache til probably day 10. Sounds weird but I am ok with the side effects. It confirms for me a positive difference in the medications and this round of stims.

ashcash03 try not to be nervous your in the home stretch! Congratulations on succeeding to the ER. 
    Me and DH 44
    I am a genetic carrier using PGD testing
    Dec 2018 ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    Jan 2019 ER = 1 PGD/ PGS normal embryo, 1 carrier embryo, 1 no result
    April 2019 Hysteroscopy to remove polyp and Fibroid
    May 2019 FET = BFN
    September 2019 FET = BFN
    Dec 2019 ER = 1 carrier embryo 
    Mar ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    July 2020 ER = 0 PGS normal embryos
    October 2020 Hysteroscopy to remove polyps
    Nov 2020 FET = positive (little one due July 2021)
  • Hi all. Hope it's ok I jump in here, although I've also joined February group. I just received my medications and will be starting a new IVF cycle as soon as I get my period. I look forward to getting to know you all and following along on everyone's journey in this crazy process! 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @ah80 yes the headache is true. Drink a lot of water. I found that banana for some reason helps. 

The heart beat thing , probably anxiety 😅
  • Oh man, never heard of the bevel either! I wondered why sometimes the shots really hurt and other times it wasn’t so bad. I thought it was my husband! 

Menopur- I had a pretty bad headache as well. My nurse said it also be due to the lack of caffeine, although I didn’t drink much to begin with. I did drink a TON of water, and was also told to make sure I had electrolytes so I ended up drinking a case of smartwater around my ER. 

@ashcash03 good luck with your ER!

We got an update on Tuesday that we had 7 more embryos make it to day 6...total of 9 little embabies (or as my husband calls them, petri peteys). Now we wait for the results!
  • Hello Everyone! Jumping back in here, I last checked in during December before the holidays, when I started my bcp. So happy that today has finally come and I started my stims! Today is day 1 out of 5 days of Pergoveris. The first injection went well, although god lord is it stressful making sure we did it right!  Has anyone ever been on Pergoveris before?? I never heard of it in all of my obsessive research on IVF medications, so it's thrown me for a loop a bit. 

Much love to everyone here, 2019 is our year!!!!
  • @laurenc436 Thank you so much. 
    I tried the bevel up trick and wiping my gainrelix needle before injecting this morning and lo and behold, no stinging and no raised skin afterwards! Wish I would have known that day one.

I got my HCG injection prepared today and instructed to take Saturday at 11:30pm and my ER is scheduled for Monday at 9:45 😬 
    During my ultrasound today the RE mentioned a couple fluid pockets on my uterus. She wasn’t concerned but did say if they got worse it could delay transfer. Made me a little sad since this was the first time something like this was mentioned. Although I’m excited for transfer, I definitely want everything to be okay. 
    Hoping for a good outcome on Monday.
  • @sbhawnani I feel the same battle between trying to feel positive but having that little voice constantly telling me this will never work. 

@laurenc436 I cut out caffeine months ago, so I don't think that is what is going on. It seemed like I had a little headache last night but not as bad as the first night. 

@ashcash03 Good luck at your transfer!

I had major issues with my injections yesterday just as I was feeling like I really have the hang of it. I had a lot of bleeding after my Cetrotide shot to the point blood was inside the needle. My RN didn't even respond to that part of my email, so I guess it wasn't concerning to her. I am going to just try to use a 100cc insulin syringe today for it. I have too many issues with the syringe that comes with the Cetrotide. I also managed to spill half of a bottle of menopur. I was trying to draw it up but it wasn't going in. Then the needle fell off of the syringe and it all dumped out. No idea why that happened. I've never checked to make sure the needle is on correctly when the it comes preassembled, but I guess I should have. Ugh. That was a waste of $100.
  • Had my ultrasound yesterday and they have me trigger this Sunday night. The retrieval is scheduled at 8:00 am on Tuesday morning; really hoping everything goes well. They saw 6 follicles on my last ultrasound and 9 on this one. Not sure if that is a good number or not; what we really need is one little bean to stick.

The Ganirelix does break a rash on my skin no matter how much I wipe it. No major side effects until now except a dull pain on my right side which the doctor said was normal and is going to get worse by the day. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping we all have good news to share soon :smile:
  • @sbhawnani The increase from seeing six to nine sounds great. I think numbers are kind of dependent to what your situation is.  It just takes one! 

I go in for my first monitoring on Monday. It came pretty fast. I'm nervous to see how I am doing. I only had four follicles at baseline so I'm hoping I have something. 
  • Day 2 of stims and suffering from debilitating insomnia! Ack!! Not sure if it's the meds or my brain overthinking on hyperactive mode. Anyone else experiencing this?  :( 
  • Day 6 us , only 4 follicles all otheres are less than 10. :( 
  • Thank you all for posting about the needle bevel! What a huge difference that made! Wish i knew about it sooner.

I went in for my CD8 monitoring yesterday and found out only one of my follicles is absorbing all the medication i’ve been taking. I have one VERY big follicle (about 21 mm) and all the other ones are small ~9-10mm. They’ve decided to schedule an ER for that one follicle for tomorrow morning and then start me on something called the Luteal phase immediately after. Has anyone experienced this? It’s basically an “extension” of stims after an ER to grow your smaller follicles and do a second ER a week later. The nurse says everyone’s body reacts differently to it and it may or may not work for me. I’m so nervous.. I hope this isn’t a wasted cycle. 😪

@sbhawnani Best of luck on your ER Tuesday!! 

@ah80 I’m so sorry to hear about your meds fiasco! That sounds so stressful. Also the headaches from the meds are unreal. I always thought it was from the clomid.

• @scseeff You would think that we should be told about the needle bevel! It's made a huge  difference for me too. I've never heard about luteal phase before. Hoping you get some more eggs that way. Good luck with the first retrieval.

@sbhawnani I have redness from Cetrotide. It lasts maybe 10 minutes before it goes away.

I am increasingly nervous about monitoring tomorrow. I'm expecting to hear I have no follicles.  I don't know why I do this to myself. I can't get motivated to do anything today. I've been laying around pretty much all day.  I felt like I was up every hour last night, partly because my dog kept waking me up.  My partner is at a conference until Tuesday so I'll be going by myself to the appointment. It's all good if I get good news but I'm just worried about being alone if it's not.
  • Hello ladies. I have joined the Feb ivf board but have been lurking here. I've seen several of you talking about a needle bevel. I haven't started stims yet but I'm really curious about this. Can anyone explain what it is? Since so many of you have said its helped I want to look into it. 

@ah80 I am sorry you have been feeling down today. Wishing you luck for your monitoring tomorrow. If it is bad news know you have lots of people here to give you support. 
  • @ACAC25 thank you. I needed to see it, so it may help to google "needle bevel". Basically, the pointy part of the needle is at the bottom and the needle hole is up and facing toward you. I thought maybe I missed something during my medication instruction, but it seems like others didn't know about it either. 
  • @ashcash03 @sbhawnani good luck with the retrievals today and tomorrow and hopefully many eggs! 

Day 1 stims for me yesterday. Anyone else instructed to use 1 ml of menopur solution when there's 2 ml in the vial? My nurse gave my written instructions and we discussed everything, but I forgot to ask her what to do with the remaining 1 ml of solution in the vial. Left a message for her, but am wondering if anyone is doing the same dosage and what they have been instructed to do with the remaining 1 ml? 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 yes, I was instructed to use 1ml of the dilute with 2 vials of menopur...then threw out the rest of the dilute. If you are mixing multiple vials at once you will have some of the dilute vials left over. 

Best of of luck to everyone with ER this week! Fingers crossed for many eggs! 
  • @laurenc436 got it! I figured that may be the case. I'm doing 1 ml of dilute and 1 vial of powder for now, so I guess the remaining 1 ml of dilute will be discarded. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Good morning everyone! Just arrived for my ER and I am starving, lol. Least of my worries I guess. Well I will update you all afterwards.
  • @ashcash03 good luck!

Is anyone else going through their retrievals this week? 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• Hello everyone! This is my first time doing IVF. I just started taking the BC 4 days ago. I have already felt pretty nauseated, and cried twice on Saturday for no real reason. I am now waiting for the reproductive Dr.'s scheduler to call me so we can find out when we go in for our first appointment. I really have no idea what's next, but I imagine I will be on BC for a couple weeks, and them start the stims?
  • @Tulips29 hi, I’m doing egg retrieval this week, not sure when exactly tho.. 

@ashcash03 good luck! 🍀

@ladythor31 omg I feel you. This is also my first ivf and I’ve had 2 nervous breakdowns during the stimming process. The crazy hormones and early morning appointment and all the poking and prodding being done. All without any certainty of what will happen. It’s pretty tough. Re: what’s next, I didn’t do birth control but I hear it’s usually done for like a month. 

Anyone else feel pain while stimming? I’m 9 days in and it hurts to move pretty much at this point (!) I keep telling myself I’m almost halfway there..
  • @Tulips29 I'm having my retrieval on Wednesday!

I had 2 follicles that are around 18, 1 that is 15, 1 that is 13, 1 that is 10 and the bad lead follicle that is almost 30. So he thinks he'll get 3 or 4. He's happy with the response considering how bad the cycle started. I'm excited and nervous for ER. 5 years ago I felt so terrible afterwards. Plus we had 0 fertilization on 4 eggs after ICSI. Praying we have a much better fertilization rate this time. I'm also going to try to chug the water so I don't get so bloated this time. 

Good luck to everyone, wherever you are in the process! It is a stressful long journey, but the end result will be worth it! 
  • Hello everyone! Thank you for your well wishes on my retrieval. I am headed home now. The good news is they retrieved 26 follicles. Bad news, my uterus lining is not ready. But I will take the good with the bad! So my transfer has been postponed until Feb/March instead of Saturday. I kinda feel a little relieved because I’m tired lol...so I’ll start my provera and play the waiting game for my cycle. @sbhawnani good luck on your retrieval tomorrow!!!!
  • @ashcash03 that’s an awesome number! Yah taking a break until transfer sounds nice :-) I hear that frozen transfers are way less intense than stimulation and egg retrieval.
  • I just finished my monitoring appointment. After 7 days, I'm not responding. No lining, no follicles, nothing. I'm continuing medications and coming back on Sunday for another check. It just feels like one step closer to this being the end of treatment options.  I'm so sad thinking that this may not work out for us. 
  • @ah80 I will definitely look into that. Thank you. I am sorry to hear things haven't progressed well since your last appointment. I hoping things improve for you for Sunday. 

@ashcash03 that's a great number of follicles! Taking a short break sounds nice though I am sorry about things being delayed. 

@ladythor31 and @somewhereinnyc I understand too! I am also about to start my first round of IVF. I took BC for 3 weeks, tomorrow is my last day. Then just waiting for AF before starting. I anticipate to start stims Saturday! Excited and nervous!
  • @ladythor31 what a fun emotional ride, huh! I believe stims are after BC. 

@somewhereinnyc hey, I’m somewhere in NYC too :). With my first retrieval I remember being in a lot of pain too. The ovaries swelled up so much and my RE would say I’m carrying around two grapefruits inside. Hang in there, Wednesday is almost here and hopefully you’ll have some relief soon. 

@leela00 best wishes and hoping for much better outcome for you this time around! We’ve got 3 people going in on Wednesday I believe. 

@ashcash03 that’s an awesome number! Hopefully you’ll get some much needed rest the rest of the day. I’ll be doing an FET too so we’ll be on the same boards for the transfer too :smile:

@ah80 I’m sorry, that must be frustrating. Are they increasing your dosage? Hopefully things take a better turn by Sunday! 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 so there’s a good chance we’re at the same ivf factory ha! Stay warm out there today.. going into monitoring today in 8 degree weather was pleasant huh? I’ve got another night of stims tonight and retrieval sometime between Thursday and Saturday. 

@ah80 so sorry to hear this. Infertility really sucks.
  • @somewhereinnyc I’m with Cornell :smile: 8 degrees feels more brutal on the west side. I thought I’d get blown away today. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @ah80 I’m so sorry. Hopefully you will have some better news on Sunday. Did your RE up your meds? 

@ashcash03 that’s an awesome number! Congrats. It’s definitely nice to have a break. Although I’m starting to get antsy. My RE does more testing between the retrieval and the FET so my FET will most likely be the mid-end of March when my ER was almost 2 weeks ago. I go for my trial transfer fri followed by a hysterscopy and doppler Tuesday. 
  • Thanks for the support ladies.

@Tulips29 @Lauren436 Nothing was changed with my protocol. I am continuing what I was already on. Think it should have been increased? It's like it's not working but continue for another week and see. I wasn't really thinking straight and just wanted to get out of there.  I just spent over $2000 in meds to get me through Sunday.