July 2019 Moms

Appointments Week of 01/21

What do you have scheduled this week!?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Appointments Week of 01/21

• Just decided to attempt to change hospitals...didn’t love my intake visit last week and after a weekend of stressing decided I should go with my gut! It’s my third change at this point so DH is definitely ready to kill me and my pregnant hormones ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay! Good luck @bartonolivia

I have my regular monthly (16 week) checkup at the OB tomorrow. I believe they’re doing more bloodwork for screening for spina bifida and such. Probably listening to baby’s heartbeat too! 
  • I have my 16 week appointment on Wednesday this week. They couldn't hear the HB at my 12 week due to an anterior placenta so I am hoping they can hear it this time.  (all was perfect on the US that day). I am also supposed to start my progesterone shots this week.
  • Had appt today. Baby’s heart rate was 153 and we did the AFP blood test. Hope to have those results by the end of the week. Anatomy scan on 2/18, hopefully it’ll confirm our elective ultrasound that said we’re having a girl. 
  • We had our genetic screening on Monday and another US. We went ahead and skipped step 1 of the first trimester screen and just jumped to NIPT. Flat rate cost, higher accuracy. But damn those were BIG viles of blood. The guy finished and was like "Okay you're all set have a good day!" I was like uh, dude, I think I need a minute! Not gonna get in my car and drive 40 minutes to work right now. So I went and got a donut, gotta get the blood going again right??