July 2019 Moms

Nesting

Hello ladies! Has anyone else got the nesting bug? I am a FTM and my husband thinks I am crazy because I have been going room to room getting rid of stuff we do not need or use anymore. Our house is small and I want to make room for baby while I still have the energy and I am not all belly. 
Just let me mention that normally I am not a spring cleaner or a neat freak by any means at all. But I am actually enjoying this.

Re: Nesting

• Nope. I wish! I'm still feeling like an exhausted pile of poo. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Let me give you my address and you can swing by when you're done with your own house!
  • Loading the player...
  • Is decluttering/purging stuff considered nesting?? If so I’ve been doing this for like two weeks now, or more! We moved two years ago and because of the timing (opening a new business, quitting my job, grad school) we didn’t unpack a bunch of the random stuff. So now I’m going through all of that and just trashing or selling on FB marketplace. My upstairs is a total wreck from unpacking the closets, but I’ve gotten rid of at least half of it lol.

Now cleaning the main part of my house, cooking, and keeping up with laundry, not so much. 😂
  • mom2b77373mom2b77373 member
    edited January 2019
    @rhn12 yes! That’s what I have been doing as well. Purging and gutting everything. We just celebrated one year in our house and if I haven’t used it or seen it then it’s pretty much gone. It’s been very freeing and they people at goodwill are really starting to know me lol.

and on the laundry note I’m right there with you. I’m able to run it through the washer and dryer but hanging and folding is another story
  • Yep! I’ve been going crazy and it’s awesome. I could teach Marie Kondo a thing or two. 
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited January 2019
    @mom2b77373 yes me too with laundry! I hate folding!! There’s a full load in the dryer right now and I dread it!!
  • @nopegoat Same! I know there's stuff I need to do because the nursery is currently the guest room and the will be guest room is currently the elliptical/workout room that is also full of stuff I want to try to Posh/sell/donate and I look at it and am just tired thinking about moving it.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • HAHA YES! Asking husband to take everything out of our attic so I can sort through it. I am Marie Kondo'ing every damn thing. I just have this strong urge to let go of all the clutter and anything that doesn't serve me (or fit me ha!) anymore! I want everything to be organized and simple. Which goes against my tendency to hang on to everything. Our baby's nursery is also almost 50% finished already as a result of my strong desire to organize and "set things up" the way I like them. I thought it was way early for "nesting"!