September 2019 Moms

Baby Names!

I know a lot of people don’t like to share the names they like with the concern that someone will take it, but because we don’t know each other, I thought this was the perfect place to get ideas!

Leave names you’re thinking or have heard and just like or just unique names you’ve seen!

Re: Baby Names!

• I still have to get the list out my head onto paper, but I found this website twelve million years ago, before babies were something I was ready for, and I've had it in my internet bookmarks ever since... It shows how frequently a name was used in an easy-to-read graph format and... I love it. It might only be applicable to U.S. names? Now I am curious where it sources its data from & it kind of bugs me that it doesn't say... anyway. It's still fun to play with bc it graphs letter-by-letter. So you can type Chris & results for Christian and Christine and Christianna etc. will all show until you type more letters...
  • A girl will be Juliet Arrington. Which spelling do you prefer - Juliet or Juliette?

A boy will be Arrington John. We plan to call him Arrington most of the time, and occasionally AJ.

Arrington is my maternal grandmother's maiden name, my mom's middle name, and my middle name. We've had these names picked out for years... our challenge will be choosing a name if/when baby #2 comes along!
  • Loading the player...
  • We are team green - so we have to have names picked out for both. With our first, we were set on a girls name (and thankfully we had a girl, because if it had been a boy my husband and I may still be sitting there debating the list of boy names we had!!) I anticipate a similar struggle this time around. 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Since we already have a boy and a girl, I anticipate names this time around will be difficult. I love discussing names though!
  • The girl name I’m not totally set on as I want it as a middle name instead but DH wants it as a first name so we’ll see. If it’s a girl I will probably cave lol we haven’t narrowed down on middle names.

Boy: Dylan
    Girl: Felicity 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kagesstarshroom the website I really love to use for names is behindthename.com 

It gives a lot of info and seems more accurate than most baby name websites out there.
  • @cammie0526 I think when it comes to spelling, it depends on how long the middle & last name are. Long long ago in a galaxy far away, DH & I decided that if we had kids, we'd give them my hyphenated last name, so I'd stick to the shorter Juliet if it were me. However, if a short middle and last name are to follow, the extra "te" is definitely "pretty." Regardless of length, my name has no extra letters (in first and middle) where some could have been slid in for aesthetics & I always appreciated that about it.

SmrBrd2012 Thanks! Checking it out now!
  • @SmrBrd2012 I also love behindthename! I've been going to that site for years and years.
  • @cammie0526 I think I like the look of Juliet better :) but I love that name!!

My husband is soooo picky when it comes to names! He’s set on Lily for a girl because we talked about it years and years ago and I really like it but I just don’t know if I’m set on it. If it’s a boy we are totally screwed, he doesn’t like any names I throw out there. I’m less picky and like lots of names. Middle names will likely be family names.

@MsBeachNJ we are going to be team green too this time! I wanted to be last time but H wanted to find out, so we get to not find out this time 👏🏼 I’m excited! 
  • @Schumerator I love the name Lily! If this is a girl, we'll likely go with Lillian after H's grandma and call her Lily or Lillie. Not sure which yet. If it's a boy, we're also screwed. H is soooo picky and hates every name I suggest. Our son had no name (not even a short list) until 4 days before he was born. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @Schumerator @zuuls_mom I hated picking out boy names since my husband is so picky. He would always veto names but never say ones he liked. Then we one day randomly agreed on one. Anytime he said a name he liked I made a note. One day he said he really liked a name and I said I love that name so that was it. Maybe it will happen out of the blue if it’s a boy 🤷‍♀️
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @zuuls_mom I love Lillian! That's my God daughters name so I am a little biased 😉

I have had a favorite boy name picked out for over 5 years. We took DS to get Christmas pictures done when he was 6 months old and the little boy in front of us was named Thaddeus and I have loved it ever since. Fast forward to now. That was the name of my best friend's boyfriend's dog. The pup passed away about a year ago and honestly the two of them are pretty serious so I think they will be together long term. So now I'm torn about using it...
  • I am excited to find out whether we are Team Blue or Team Pink so we can start picking names. We were Team Green last time (had a girl - Eleanor Mary), and this time we want to find out. 
    I love traditional names. If we have a girl this time, her middle name will be Violet for my grandmother. 

In terms of spelling - I am always an advocate for going with the most common and traditional spelling.  My name is a traditional name, but my parents deliberately spelled it differently. On rare occasion I meet someone with the same spelling, but mostly I've spent almost 35 years with my name being incorrectly spelled on every communication, important document, text from friends, etc etc. It drives me bananas. 
    <3 DD born August 2016
    <3 2nd baby due 9.9.19
  • @aussie&yank My DD's mn is also Violet after my grandmother 😁
  • @cammie0526 this is our issue now. We had a name picked out forever for DS but now with #2 we have no idea what to do. 

I think I Luke for a boy but I can’t find a middle I like with it. 
    I saw Liberty for a girl the other day and thought it was very pretty but I think we are just going to keep looking. 
  • If we have a boy we are naming after my SO's late father - John Dominick
    If we have a girl we were thinking Aurora Marie or Gabrielle/Gabriella Marie

Obviously undecided on girl name
  • I’d enjoy some opinions on a boy name that is classic and could be a sib match for Elizabeth or Audrey. 

Names I dislike (pls take no offense bc I enjoy the name just not for my bean): Thomas, Anthony, William, Timothy. 

Potential middle names: John, Joseph
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @chichiphin
    Matthew
    Samuel nn Sam
    Elliot
    Henry
    Hudson
    Benjamin
    Jack
    Ethan
    Hayes
    Nathan
    Johnathon
    Andrew

• @jejs I love Henry, Elliot is also speaking to me. Jack/Jackson is such a good name but our dogs name is Jackson 😂
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @jejs Henry and elliott are on our long list too.

@chichiphin DS is Phillip. Just another suggestion 😉
  • @mommyshark13
     My son is a Philip too. :) love the name!
  • @cammie0526 I love the name Arrington and so nice that it is a family name. I'm with the others, I like the simpler spelling with the longer middle name...Juliet Arrington. So pretty! 

I'm looking for a little advice on names myself. My husband is set on a C name for our little bean..I'm not completely sold on doing that but we happened to choose a C name for DS.

Looking for a boy and girl name is to pair with our names... mine is Courtney, DH is Chris, and DS is Colson. (Our girl named also should pair well with Lillie Kay -- my great grandmother's name and my grandma's middle name). 

So far, for girls, we have Caroline and Chyler. No luck agreeing on a boy name yet. Any advice would be appreciated! 
    Me: 29  H: 30
    Married: 4/27/13 
    BFP: 9/16/2014 * EDD: 5/25/2015 * M/C: 10/29/14 @ 10w2d 
    BFP: 1/25/2015 * EDD: 9/27/2015 * DS: 10/3/15
    BFP: 1/13/19 * EDD: 9/28/2019

• @crs89 How about Carter, Caleb, Christopher, Chase?
    Girls could also be Ceira, Clarissa, or my name! Cassandra :) haha 
  • We have a Henry :)

We still have our girl name we'll use and we have a boys first name, but will need to come up w/ 2 middle names for it still.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @nda_roxybabe No input on names, but I'm in love with your siggy pic!
  • @nda_roxybabe I love Henry but I'm concerned about how popular it is. Do you know a lot of Henrys?
  • @cee_moll Thank you for all the suggestions! Carter is on our list but I'm not completely in love with it like I was with DS's. And unfortunately, as a teacher, there are certain names that I will never use. ..Caleb is definitely one of them!!! 🤣 

• @crs89 oh trust me! I’m a teacher too!!😂
  • @crs89 and @cee_moll I was a teacher for 5 years and it nixed out soooooo many names!!!! I will never, ever, everrrrr have an Elijah haha 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH and I already have two boy names narrowed down. My grandpa’s name was Sebastiano. 
    James Sebastian or Jonathan Sebastian

I’m having the hardest time coming up with a girl name. I like classic names and I’m thinking I want it to end with a consonant sound (our last name is Elliott). Any suggestions?

@sunshine2417 @crs89 @cee_moll another teacher checking in. I definitely have several names on my banned list!
  • @klpv415 Haha.. that was actually what I did before I switched careers! Worked at a drug testing lab and several internships at a work release prison and probation office! There are something some names there that I won't be choosing! 

• @mommyshark13 We do see other Henrys, which I dont love, but it's not awful. We picked his name after my Dad (Henry) when I was pregnant in 2016. It was gaining some popularity then, but not bad. Now it's definitely a top 100 name and he'll likely have another Henry in his classes. I think I dont care too much though because he's named for my Dad and hes such a Henry and we love it.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • We haven't settled on anything of course since it's still so early (and we aren't quite agreeing... haha). I REALLY like:

Boy: Archer Thomas (Thomas is a family name on DH's side and his MN)
    Girl: Lydia Lorraine (Lorraine is family name on my side/my MN)

For whatever reason, if we have a boy my husband is dead set on Thomas Charles.... his name is Charles Thomas.
    Charlie.... no.
  • I really like Darcy for a girl, and I was super surprised that MH said he liked it too. We haven’t talked about any boy names yet. 
  • @klpv415 I loooove Darcy! So cute - traditional and pretty...and not overly popular!

• Hello! While DH and I were dating 4 years ago we had two set names picked out that we agreed we would name our little boy or girl. We were so in love we bragged to everyone about the names and how perfect our little family would be.Then his brother and sister in law decided that they liked the boy name that we kept mentioning and used it for their son. I'm very tempted to have a second Sebastian in the family (because I don't go around hubby's side of the family enough to care) but my hubby isn't that bold. So with that being the situation:

Girl: Zoey 
    Boy: Back to the drawing board
  • I’d enjoy some opinions on a boy name that is classic and could be a sib match for Elizabeth or Audrey. 

Names I dislike (pls take no offense bc I enjoy the name just not for my bean): Thomas, Anthony, William, Timothy. 

Potential middle names: John, Joseph
    Silas!
  • klpv415klpv415 member
    edited January 2019
    Trice&Jay said:
    Hello! While DH and I were dating 4 years ago we had two set names picked out that we agreed we would name our little boy or girl. We were so in love we bragged to everyone about the names and how perfect our little family would be.Then his brother and sister in law decided that they liked the boy name that we kept mentioning and used it for their son. I'm very tempted to have a second Sebastian in the family (because I don't go around hubby's side of the family enough to care) but my hubby isn't that bold. So with that being the situation:

Girl: Zoey 
    Boy: Back to the drawing board
    Maybe its petty (which is not completely out of my normal realm :lol: ) but I'd be a little salty about my bro and sis in law using the name I'd talked about for years. Not that there's anything you can do about it of course, just saying.

@crs89 Thanks!! As much as I like it, MH wants to have his grandmother's name as a girl's middle name which I'm totally fine with, but I don't like Darcy with the middle name we would use. (I don't want to post it here because my SIL is also PG and I don't know if she's on here lol) 
  • @klpv415I'd be salty too re: my fam stealing a name I liked! I guess I don't much talk about names I like, though, except one I always said I'd name my "second son" that was mostly a joke over time. Additionally, I think Darcy is a great name! And I get you about how the middle names you like don't necessarily go with the first names you want. Like, you want them to sound melodious together & not be tooooo similar or toooo cacophonous--hard balance. I'm a poet haha, which, perhaps makes all of this all the more difficult for me, rather than actually any easier considering I... transact in language.