July 2019 Moms

Symptoms of the week 1/14

Re: Symptoms of the week 1/14

• @shawnacrest I'm so sorry you're dealing with this and the nurse's questions on top of it all. I hope you get some relief soon.
  • @blackhottamales I’m the lowest weight I’ve been in 8months right now!  And about 15 lbs from where I was before getting KU. But let’s be honest, I had enough to lose some. 

Im eating plenty, not a ton, but enough. And I don’t puke anything up when I puke, just bile. So I have no idea how I’m losing weight other than HCG burn off. 

I survived the 3-hr GD test. (Barely) Now, just waiting to see if I pass.... 
  • Loading the player...
  • @shawnacrest that sounds horrible. I’m so sorry you’re having such a hard time. I hope you can find someone there to support you!

@hakele yeah I have the weight to lose too so I’m not worried. I too wonder how I’m losing weight because I feel like I’m eating all the time. Fx for good news from the 3 hr. Do they not tell you right away? I was surprised at the 1 hr when I was told right away. 
  • @shawnacrest <3 How horrible and frustrating! Hang in there and do the best you can do. Don't let the Dr's office get to you! (Easier said than done, I know!) A second opinion doesn't mean you're leaving your current office, but it may be worth considering! 
  • @blackhottamales no. I have to wait for my doctor’s office to tell me the lab results. They don’t just post it or tell you. At least they didn’t with the 1 hr. Maybe because I failed? 
    Also, they just took 4 vials of blood from me. So the lab girls didn’t know. It was sent to another room for evaluation. 
  • Thanks everyone. I'm feeling better about it now. I'm not usually easily offended, dang pregnancy hormones.
  • @motherofdogs I had them from around 16 weeks on during my second pregnancy too. Just try to stay hydrated and keep your feet up when you can! 
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited January 2019
    Extreme dizziness... this is new. Like legit almost passing out. Anyone else??
  • @rgn12 Yes, I’ve had this since the beginning though. It’s awful. And it’s constant. 
  • I’ve been pretty well lately, just nausea here and there. Today it was bad though, and I puked for the first time in a couple of weeks. Hope it’s just a fluke and these symptoms aren’t back in full force!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I’ve been pretty well lately, just nausea here and there. Today it was bad though, and I puked for the first time in a couple of weeks. Hope it’s just a fluke and these symptoms aren’t back in full force!
  • @bartonolivia what are you doing for it? It seems like not standing helps, but there’s been times where I’m just standing for a second and it hits me out of nowhere! 
  • @rgn12 I don’t do anything for it. I try to stay hydrated but I’m sure mine is from low blood pressure. It just kind of happens. I try to stay sitting/laying and when I get up, get up slowly. But none of it really helps 
  • Does everyone have to do the 3hr GD test? My doc hasn’t said anything about it. Should I ask for one? 
  • @julybaybay My OB hasn't mentioned it. I think it's usually in the 20-26 week range? I think it's usually a 1-hr, but if you fail that you get the 3-hr. STMs, please confirm/correct.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @julybaybay it’s typically  done at the 28 week appointment, and it’s just the 1 hour test. If you fail that, they have you do the 3 hour one.

If you have a previous history of GD or other symptoms, they might have you do the test earlier. My boys were on the bigger side, so with my 2nd and this pregnancy, I’ll be doing the 1 hour at 16 weeks and again at 28. 
  • Anyone feeling a ton of pressure down there? I just stand or walk for a little and it's like I'm all bruised down there. How I would expect to feel at 35 weeks, not 13. It's very uncomfortable, everything I've read tells me its okay because it's not my first...but geez, I feel like something is about to fall out of me! 
  • @julybaybay I had to do it early because I have a high BMI. So I did it at the 3-month mark. I failed the 1-hr (which I absolutely expected) and so I had to do the 3-hr. 
    If I pass this one, I think I still have to do the 1-hr at the 6mo. mark as well... but I'm not sure. But, it is standard in my HMO that if you are overweight, you get the GD test earlier. 
  • @hakele thank you, that makes sense. It seemed like a lot of women in this board were talking about already having it done, and since we are all withing 4 weeks of one another I was confused when people were saying it happens around 20-28 week range, since none of us are there yet. Glad I didn't miss the boat.
  • CbeanzCbeanz member
    edited January 2019
    Woke up thinking I had sudden onset morning sickness (previously I've felt sick only at night) but I soon realized I have a stomach virus. I can't keep water down. I'm so unbelievably thirsty but I can't drink anything. Trying Pedialyte at the moment but I feel like I'm going to vomit that too.

Going to call ob in the morning if I still can't keep water down. Any tips on how to stay hydrated? I'm desperate here.
  • As long as I don't eat I actually feel human. But as soon as I eat something I feel like death. I had a couple of good days and made the mistake of thinking that maybe the HG diagnosis was wrong this time around. Nope. Dinner is now in the toilet:/
  • No tips, @Cbeanz, but I hope you feel better soon!
  • @hakele I don’t want to actually love your RLP comment but...I feel you! I sneeze so violently that I give myself cramps and my ribcage is sore all the time anyway...

so glad to see that constipation is a REAL problem. I just hit 14 weeks and was going crazy. TMI but I strained a little too much at work today and clearly broke some vaginal blood vessels...but all of that cleared up within an hour+. My cervix is sensitive 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • @Panaceia I feel your pain, except if I eat before 4:30 p.m., I'm okay. It's like my body has a damn alarm clock, too, for that time on the nose.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • A few more days of normalcy, and tonight, an awful wave of nausea that resulted in puking up my whole dinner. Ready for these bad days to be done with!!
  • Sorry @Cbeanz I ended up in the ER with my stomach virus just to lay there for 3 hours and get fluids. -worth it- 

came home abd sipped water, ate green apples, and some crackers till I didn’t feel like dying anymore. 
  • I was on a plane for 8 + hours then had to ride in a car for 3 hours to get to my final destination. I had to have my friends husband pull over on the highway SO fast because I was puking. Luckily I somehow saved it from getting in their car but man I thought the puking was over!  
  • I didn't see a symptoms thread for this week, sorry if I missed it. Is anyone else just generally uncomfortable?

At 17 weeks  I feel like it's too early to feel so gross. I feel full all the time and my bump is getting more solid and my belly is just uncomfortable. It's not painful and it isn't cramping and there is no bleeding, I'm just not comfortable. I'm not sure how else to explain it.

Does anyone else feel this way?  Is this normal?
  • @Tippy05 I've been feeling that full uncomfortable feeling too. I'm 14 weeks and feel like it is wayyy too early too. Maybe in the next few weeks things will start feeling a little better, before is gets a lot worse!! 
  • Sciatica is killing me tonight. Also had some side pain that lasted awhile but didn't want to get sent to ER. We have a Doppler from last pregnancy and I was able to find heartbeat. Damn but I'm still paranoid. If the pain comes back tomorrow I'm calling my doc.

Any advice for sleeping when your hips hurt too much for side sleep?

• @foodislove Are you opposed to taking some tylenol at bedtime? That may help take the edge off. Ginger and turmeric are also anti-inflammatory if you are feeling up for tea. I've been having some bad hip/knee/ankle pains this week and the only thing that is helping a little for sleep is a pillow between my legs on my side since back sleeping is now off the table. 
  • @mamanbebe I already took the max dose tonight and it's not even touching the pain. My hip was off earlier and I am afraid I may have misaligned it again - same hip that had issues first pregnancy. I had to have physical therapy. I've also got a pillow but I cannot put any pressure on the hip like this, which is why I am thinking more than sciatica. DH is probs sick of me whining.
  • @foodislove I’m sorry that sounds terribly uncomfortable :( have you tried prenatal chiropractic adjustments? I haven’t yet but my midwives recommended it; I’m going to check it out soon because of ongoing hip pain and stiffness. 
  • @Cbeanz try chewing ice chips or sucking on an ice pop
  • Ugh. Sciatica hit this week and it's relentless. Constant and dull. By the end of the day my leg hurts so much and feels weak. My next appt isn't for another 3 weeks, any suggestions on addressing the problem in the interim?
  • @Tippy05 I'm 18+0 and feel that way too. I'm also roughly the same size now that I was around 6 months with DD so I'm sure the size of the bump is the biggest culprit. I also find that constipation has a lot to do with it. I've been a bit more regular the past few days and have felt SO MUCH BETTER and much more comfortable. But those days are few and far between so I'm just dealing with it.

@foodislove I feel you on the hip pain. It was getting completely unbearable for me. My parents gave me a memory foam topper to put on top of my matress which has helped a bit. Some nights I just prop myself up with pillows and sleep in a sort of reclined sitting position. It helps take the pressure off my hips at least a bit when I just can't handle the pain while on my side.

@cindler I have found swimming has been a HUGE help with my sciatica.
  • My boobs weren’t sore in the first trimester like my past pregnancies but recently but nipples have been and it’s awful. 
  • @bartonolivia +1 to sore nipples. They also get super hard like I could cut glass with them, which makes then hurt even more!
  • @cindler yes!! I hope it goes away before the baby is here because I don’t remember having this whole breastfeeding my first. Lol