Trying to Get Pregnant

TWW Fri-YAY 1/18

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Fri-YAY 1/18

• good morning @jennifer_louise :)

Month/Cycle: 8/3

CD/DPO: 23/6

Timing: -3, -2

Typical LP length: 7-14

Testing: next week

R/R: It's Friday!! Hoping to unpack the laundry this weekend and get that organized. Trying to also get in a long run this weekend.

CS/Q: Nahh. Progesterone makes it pretty. 
  • @elle-0409 I'm not training for anything specific at the moment. I plan on doing a trail race, maybe in Arkansas in the next few months (25k) and then doing a big hike with a friend later this summer (maybe Colorado for a 14er).
  • Loading the player...
  • lol hello, fellow early riser @cdnrunning ! Ok, so I haven't run at all since TTC but reading your post makes me miss it! I love trail races, but my last one was over a year ago. Do you know which 14er you're going to do yet? 

Month/Cycle: 7/8

CD/DPO: 22/9dpo

Timing: good-ish

Typical LP length: 9-12

Testing: Jury's still out on if I'm using my last FRER this cycle. 

R/R: Friday! This week has been crazy, and I think next week will be just as crazy, but luckily I have a weekend before then!

CS/Q: Not this time, yall.
  • uh, don't pretend you didn't see me there @galentine ...(just kidding,  <3 you). I hope you enjoy your snow, and it sounds like you're well prepared!!
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited January 2019
    @jennifer_louise, I am team pee on all the things! Just call me the POAS enabler!

• @jennifer_louise, I'm so sorry I missed you!
    Sending you apology friendship waffles!
  • @cdnrunning ugh I miss running so much, I injured my hamstring at a marathon in September 2017 and had to take a year off running, only slowly getting back into it now since I still have some pain. I’ll just live vicariously for now!

@galentine enjoy your cozy weekend, we’re supposed to get snow too but Idk how much

Month/Cycle: 2

CD/DPO: 18/4

Timing: -1,0

Typical LP length: 14 days

Testing: yesterday because the doctor made me!!! Went in for some chest tightness and difficulty getting a full deep breath and before she even listened to my lungs she asked if I was pregnant.. what?!? I told her I was between potential conception and potential implantation and she said well that was how I found out I was pregnant, I’m like I’m 3DPO and even I know a urine test will not show anything. She insisted and then of course during the 3 min wait I started to think omg what if it is somehow positive, she a medical professional she should know best! Yeah it was BFN, obviously!!! 

R/R: I have to blow up a balloon every hour for 5 days because after I didn’t end up with a BFP the doctor suggested I may have anxiety that I’m not even aware of and it’s constricting my lungs. Apparently this is legit therapy for that.

CS/Q: Had a 0.3 dip in my BBT after being so pumped for my rise the past 3 days, just hoping it’s a random fluctuation and not a lack of progesterone.

• @cdnrunning Enjoy your run!

@jennifer_louise I vote use the FRER on 12DPO!  I hope you have a nice, relaxing weekend before your busy week.  Do you get Monday off?  I do not  :(

@galentine We're supposed to get 2-3 FEET!  I haven't gotten to the grocery store this week because it's been crazy, and now I'm going to be forced to go today when all of the crazies go.

@kopp5988 LOL, please keep all of the balloons you blow up and just have them hanging around your house.  :lol:  I also have trouble breathing during anxiety attacks.  I also get chest tightness and feel dizzy.  I went in asking if I could be having a heart attack and my doctor told me it was probably anxiety.  She ran some tests, and everything came back okay.  Breathing exercises help a lot, but I've never been told to blow up balloons and now I feel gypped.  

AFM...

Month/Cycle:  6/3

CD/DPO: 23/3  ...apparently the +OPK on CD14 was a fluke, so I guess I jumped in here too early.  

Timing: Really good, but wish I could have gotten one more in on +1

Typical LP length: It was 14, but I O'd late this cycle, so maybe it got shorter?  Or it'll just be a longer cycle.

Testing: Trying not to get too excited and test too early.  I travel for work starting on the 27th, so I'll probably test next Saturday before I leave.

R/R: We're supposed to get 24-36" of snow this weekend!  I'm kind of scared but also kind of excited!  As long as we don't lose power!

CS/Q: I missed updating yesterday, but with this morning's temp, I finally got my crosshairs!

**TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• @cdnrunning - I always wish I was one of those people that enjoyed running. I loathe running. When I was trying to get in shape for my wedding I learned to like the elliptical because I can watch Gossip Girl while working out lol
    @galentine - We're expecting alot of snow too on Sunday. My husband is a lineman so he always has to work during storms, leaving me all alone and having to snowblow and shovel my own way out.  :'(
    @kopp5988 - I hope the balloon exercises work for you!
    @shamrocandroll - I too have to brave the pre-storm grocery store after work today. 

CD/DPO: 33/12
    Timing: Good
    Typical LP length: 16-18 days
    Testing: Caved and tested this morning. BFN. Wondering if I possibly O'd later and I'm only 10DPO?
    R/R: Rave- Going to Dancing with the Stars tonight!! Rant- I hate snow and snowblowing and living in New England in the winter. Bahhumbug.
    CS/Q:Temp dip this morning...

• @kopp5988 Wowi have never heard of balloon therapy either.. Although I have seen the brown bag thing, maybe it's like that. I love to imagine my coworkers faces if I blew up a balloon every hour.

@shamrocandroll OK, I like that! If no AF or signs of AF, I will test on Monday morning. I'm glad you got your temp rise, and your timing looks great to me! (especially considering your false O alarm).

@heather_feather if you got your +OPK on day 21 I'd say there's a decent chance you didn't O until 1 or 2 days later. Don't lose hope yet! 
  • @jennifer_louise I want to imagine they'd be like this:

**TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Lol @shamrocandroll last year we actually did fill a co-worker's cubicle with balloons on their first day back after a year long sabbatical. It was a hilarious day at work. 

• Month/Cycle: 3/2

CD/DPO: 68

R/R: seriously i just want to cry, my opk was positive again today. I thought I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. Temping isn't going well either since I can never seem to sleep three hours in a row. I'm just frustrated. i know it's just one cycle and I have obgyn appointment next month but I just hate this shit.

Ill try to tag later 
  • @daisy0322 Ugh.  I'm so sorry you're having such a frustrating cycle.  I hope you get some answers soon!  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @kiki047 GL with the diet!  Fx that the cramping  means something!
    @shamrocandroll I hope you don’t lose power, but I would be excited for that much snow!  We are supposed to get some that I hope affects work on Monday!
    @galentine enjoy your snowy weekend with your dh!
    @jennifer_louise I keep having to use FRER because the dollar store is out of tests, it is getting expensive!
  • @holly321 right?? I don't wanna spend $9 on a freaking nother BFN. I don't even wanna say how much I'd spend for a BFP...

@daisy0322 I'm sorry you're so frustrated. I would be too! Actually, I am frustrated for you!! Hang in there, lady.

@kiki047 I love how you state your snow in cms. The best mem about the government shutdown I've seen is "quick, let's all switch to the metric system while the government is shut down!" 
  • @jennifer_louise thanks, I know I'm being kind of dramatic. My husband is kind of just putting a lot of pressure on getting pregnant so he can be here when the baby is born 
  • @galentine - your plan sounds divine.  enjoy!
    @feather_heather - sorry for the BFN :( i still can't get over your chart- that Ava bracelet is so cool and wild that the temps are so low
    @kiki047 - keep us posted on DH's progress, grump or not haha

Month/Cycle: 3/2
    CD/DPO: 26/12
    Timing: -5, -1, O
    Typical LP length: 14d
    Testing: BFN #2 today
    R/R: it has been a crazy few days at work and i am so emotionally drained.  i'm off this weekend, thankfully, and getting excited to watch some football
    CS/Q: no bueno
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• @sevenn The AVA is really cool and so so easy! It measures your skin temp during your deepest REM sleep, so the lowest it gets all night. One day my temp said 92.something and Fertility Friend wouldn't even let me log a temp that low haha (I have heart problems, low blood pressure, and a pacemaker that is set to not work while I'm sleeping so I think that may contribute to my low low body temps sometimes)
  • @jennifer_louise I haven't run a trail race since last spring. Now that I'm almost settled in the new job/house/city, I think it's time to kick myself in the ass to get going. It's hard to start back up after a long break but it always feels so great once I do. I haven't decided which 14er just yet - my friend is very novice (in terms of intense hiking experience) and not sure if I'll be KU any time soon so we may choose another location if that's the case.

@galentine I freakin love chili - do you have a special recipe or some favorite ingredients??

@kopp5988 Are you still in physical therapy? I've been there before....multiple injuries over the years and being forced to not run was so depressing for me. How else will I work off all my wine calories???

@feather_heather I enjoy the solitude and peace and quiet. Often times, I listen to books which really makes the time fly! It's so funny, my chart from last month looks very similar to yours and even this month to some extent (I also use ava). Sorry for the BFN but looks like there could be some variability in your O date. FX for you!

@daisy0322 I'm really sorry your cycle is so wonky. That's super frustrating when there's no clear end in sight. I really hope you see some clear signs sooner rather than later.

@kiki047 Life often gets in the way and I fall off the bandwagon. I'm just now getting back on it. As for dieting - those first few days are always the hardest - maybe he'll be a superstar and skip the whining part :)
  • galentinegalentine member
    edited January 2019
    @shamrocandroll we are DPO buddies now! 😊 And HOLY MOLY THREE FEET OF SNOW?! Stay warm and stay safe!

@kiki047 last cycle I was crampy throughout the entire TWW, like noticeable cramps every single day! I was very cranky about it, so you have my sympathy. Hope it either goes away soon or means something great! 🤞

@cdnrunning, honestly, chili is my H's specialty so I have no clue about any secret ingredients. I think he pretty much just wings it every time with no recipe, so it's never the same, but it's always delicious. I usually request lots of veggies in it though. Yum!

@daisy0322, I'm so sorry for the frustrating cycle, and for feeling pressure to get KU immediately to suit your DH's deployment schedule. Lots of hugs.
  • Happy Friday ladies! I have been hardcore lurking yesterday and today  because work has been crazy and my brain is mush.... That is all :)
  • @galentine When's our pee party??? Help me remain calm! 
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• @shamrocandroll, I'd like to say "LALALALALA NOT THINKING ABOUT TESTING" but the more accurate story would be I've been staring at FF for the better part of an hour deciding when I want to whip out the FRERS