Baby Names
Options

What would you do?

We have 3 names picked out for our little girl who will be here in 11 days or less. My boys (9 year old twins and a 6 year old) all have very strong opinions about which name they like. Of course they each like a different name! I love that they want to be part of this but someone is going to not get their favorite name picked when the time comes. I've tried to think of ways to combine the names but they don't work together at all. 
Other than preparing them by telling them that DH and I will make the final decision when she's born, would you do anything else? I'm probably worrying too much about this and it'll all be fine. I hope anyway!

Re: What would you do?

• Options
    Combine both of the names they like as FN and MN?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mb0112 You probably nailed it! If one of them picked a different name, then the other would change his mind too! Happens quite a bit with them. Especially the twins!
  • Options
    Don't combine names just to avoid hurting their feelers. Name your daughter what you want, and tell your boys that your choice is not affected by which one they like.
  • Options
    You choose......Honestly, yes their opinion matters to an extent, but you have the ultimate decision.  If they dont like the name, or have something they prefer - you can tell them they each can have their own nick name for their sibling that is their own.  
  • Options
    Agree that you should choose the name you like most. My DD suggested a name and I told her we would consider it but we probably won’t use it TBH

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Tell them moms and dads get to pick baby names. End of story. They will live.