Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve?

Re: g3 check-in (edd july 17-24) :: w/o jan 14th

• edited January 2019
    Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18/13w4d

Baby is the size of a(n): jalapeno

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 5

How are you feeling?: Good! Nausea and fatigue are gone. But having a full bladder is getting uncomfortable again and I think it's pushing my uterus up. The bottom of my belly is hard when I have to pee and soft when I'm done peeing. 

Rants/Raves:
    Rant: I really wish DH would stop waffling and say yes to a babymoon. Every time I bring it up he gets all paranoid about taking money out of savings for something frivolous. We don't have a lot of debt outside our mortgage, and yeah, we have some house projects we want to do before baby arrives, but I know I'll regret it if I don't travel one more time before I give birth. 
    Rave: Just glad to finally be in the second trimester and feeling good :) 

Questions: Totally not pregnancy-related...but is anyone else getting excited for Game of Thrones? :) 

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? I'm one of those people who cannot stand the sound--or even the sight--of people popping gum or chewing gum with their mouth open. It seriously sends me into a rage and I can't focus. I even scope out the room before I find a place in pilates so I don't have a gum-chewer in my line of sight because the constant unnecessary motion is so distracting. Do I need to cool it? Probably. But if you're an adult who can't grasp the concept of chewing with your mouth closed, you're the one with the problem. UGH.
  • @hestia14 That is a good one. That and chewing food loudly.. it makes me physically sick to my stomach to hear someone smacking and slurping food into their mouth. Esp when people do this eating at their desk at work. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/19 13w+3d

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon/Jalapeño

Upcoming Appointments: Next week, monthly prenatal

How are you feeling?: Feeling totally good and fine. I seemed to have resolved most of my indigestion with diet changes (no more fun stuff). Had my first wave of exhaustion in a while yesterday, but otherwise I'm feeling normal. 

Rants/Raves: I'm kind of excited that my bump is really starting to move upwards now but I wish it could fill out some maternity clothes! 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? Lateness is probably #1. I had a couple friends in my early NY days that were notoriously late and sometimes I was waiting for up to two hours for them to show. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @hestia14 i hope YH says yes to babymoon too! I agree as long as it's not ridiculous i'm sure you can work it into your budget for a nice get away.  So important! And no--i'm like two seasons behind on GoT and i just can't get into it again. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 13w4d //July 18th

Baby is the size of a(n): Lemon? (i just don't agree that a jalapeno is the same size of a lemon...)

Upcoming Appointments: none for awhile

How are you feeling?: super jealous of @hestia14 ! I still puked this morning--just need to make sure i don't let myself get hungry.  I had a crappy night's sleep last night so that doesn't help.  Hoping to make it through the day without a nap and then sleep hard tonight. 

Rants/Raves: We are picking out paint colors for our nursery! we got a couple yesterday we thought we narrowed down to and then neither are what we want.  So back to the store i go tonight for another test color.

Questions: n/a

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? I hate having to take my shoes off in people's home. If you invite me over deal with me wearing shoes.  Now...if i know my shoes/boots are dirty or wet, of course i'll take them off. But if it's a normal dry day--i shouldn't have to take off my shoes. 
  • @hestia14 so pumped for GOT to come back!! My husband and I are going to re-watch all the seasons soon! 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 24.. 12wk5d

Baby is the size of a(n): tennis ball

Upcoming Appointments: Wednesday is my NT ultrasound.. nervous and excited.. also not sure how much water to drink to have a full bladder LOL! 

How are you feeling?: I feel ok, less tired. Having lower back pain, started last night, when I bend over it feels like it needs to pop.. 

Rants/Raves: rant.. still annoyed that I've gained 7lbs since my first appointment... trying really hard to not eat junk food or a ton of food.. not sure how many calories i really should be eating.. before I got pregnant I was eating about 1500 and working out trying to lose weight.. 
    rave.. we hope to tell our families this weekend about the baby, will be a big relief to not have to keep this secret, but not looking forward to all the unsolicited advice.. 

Questions: does anyone else have skin tags? I've had them before I got pregnant and now that I've got this little alien inside me they seem worse! I have one on my areola.. going to ask the doc if we can remove it.. its driving me nuts.. 

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? I have a lot lol... but I can't stand the sound of teeth scraping on silverware.. its so terrible.. and also the sound of nail clippers... my husband was clipping his nails the other morning and i wanted to kill him... 
  • @hestia14 where are you hoping to go for your babymoon?! We never went on one and it's a regret of ours... travel isn't the same once you have kids!! Even if you leave them at home (which we only did once for one weekend) you miss them the whole time! So tell your DH to doooo ittt!
    @jennm0724 my OB office always says to drink a 16oz glass of water one hour before (sometimes I forget and it's more like 30 min before) for a full bladder. Also, I scrape my teeth on my silveware with every bite :grimace:

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 23/12+6

Baby is the size of a(n): army guy

Upcoming Appointments: the end of this month

How are you feeling?: Physically I am feeling pretty good! I did puke twice this weekend, but I also have a cough which I think triggered it. I am definitely less fatigued, which is wonderufl! I think I mentioned my blood work came back last week positive for cholestasis, which I was expecting at some point this pregnancy, but not this early. It's a little complicated as it's not overly common and not all docs are aware of the most up to date info, including mine. It makes no sense since I showed them all the research with my second ICP pregnancy (which was only a year ago) but apparently they forgot). Anyway, I am stressed now because I don't know if they will diagnose me and prompt treatment is what helps to keep levels lower and baby safe. I'm waiting to hear back from one of the midwives today... keep your fingers crossed for me that they are receptive to me and that I don't lose my cool lol.

Rants/Raves: I guess the above is also a rant... Rave is that I finally gave in and switched to maternity tops and I feel so much better. The cut of the clothes makes me actually look pregnant vs. beer belly. Another rave is potty training my toddler is going pretty well!!!

Questions: none :smile:

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? Hmmm... I don't have one that sticks out. But I really can't stand being a group where you have to be the loudest person in order to say anything. 
  • @hestia14 Hubby and I are 100% obsessed with GOT. We will have a countdown going to the premiere. It will be a big event at our house. This season has been a long time coming. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 24

Baby is the size of a(n):Kit Kat

Upcoming Appointments:Not until Feb 6 w/ my OB. But I do have to get more blood taken in the meantime

How are you feeling?: Good. Tired. Hoping to get some energy back soon!

Rants/Raves: Not much. Pretty tame week.

Questions: Nada

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? Everything these days thanks to pregnancy hormones. But for real I hate when my family leave the soaking wet dishcloth just sitting at the bottom of my kitchen sink! Then hours later I come across it all cold and wet and gross to touch..... urghh
  • @ccmama3 Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. I hope that they listen to you and they are receptive!! I'll aim for 16oz and see what happens! thanks! 
  • @blackhottamales where I live it is absolute custom to take shoes off at the door. I always thought it was gross that Americans kept their shoes on in the house! But our climate is winter 5 months of the year and it can get so slushy dirty in spring. 
  • Type your commentEst Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    July 20. 13W2D

Baby is the size of a(n):
    Clownfish lol

Upcoming Appointments:
    Friday- Second OB appointment 

How are you feeling?:
    Good. Nausea has seemed to lessen. Having to pee lots tho. 

Rants/Raves:
    Rave-Everyone officially knows now. I’m thrilled to be past first trimester! 

Questions: 
    Just told my HR department about baby... how long before birth do you plan on working? If not right up to due date? I plan to save some vacation days to take off early July. 

I can’t watch or listen to ppl blowing their nose. Grosses me out. Also ppl who don’t look you in the eyes when talking to them. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18th, 13w4d

Lemon

Upcoming Appointments:
    3D ultrasound on Friday 

How are you feeling?:
    Exhausted and stressed 

Rants/Raves: 
    My dr is giving me the run around on blood work for my thyroid. I also tested positive for the gbs bacteria in my urine sample so I have to go on antibiotics. I just want to sleep and wake up when I have energy. 

Questions: 

People who are entitled 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: Jul 23, 12w6d

Baby is the size of a(n): Macaron! 

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow (Jan 15) for my 12wk and testing.

How are you feeling?: Terrible. I feel like all my symptoms are getting worse, not better. 

Rant: M's daycare got shutdown last minute because they are reconstructing a water tank nearby and there's lead contamination outside - nothing inside per sampling and it's too cold for the kids to play outside anyway, but they still have to clean everything. Luckily DH is on furlough as we have no family or friends who could watch M otherwise, but M is super high maintenance and DH is already griping.
    Rave: That being sad, I had an awful day today despite being at home to help DH with M (snow day here, we got half a foot at least), and DH took care of M almost all evening to let me rest without guilt.

Questions: Anyone else dealing with possible pregnancy depression? I had PPD for a good year after I had M, and I'm getting some of those feelings back - just so foggy, sad, unable to really function and just sort of shut down when I'm overwhelmed. I'm talking to my OB about it tomorrow.

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? Agree with @mamanbebe, people being late, like egregiously late. I don't mind if you are 5-10 minutes, but if you are over an hour late or don't call til AFTER you are already not there on time, eff you. My time is super precious to me. 
  • foodislovefoodislove member
    edited January 2019
    @hestia14 Hope your DH decides on the babymoon soon. Now we are in second tri, travel won't be getting cheaper. Any particular place you wanna go?

@blackhottamales What colors are you doing the nursery in?

@jennm0724 I got small one on my neck with my first pregnancy, and the teeniest one on my areola too. Not so much that it bothers me, so I've left it. I am worried about getting more, but I think I'll opt for removal depending on location and size.

@ccmama3 Hugs on the ICP - I had a scare with that last time, so I know what goes into it. While I ended up being fine, a friend of my was diagnosed right at 38 weeks and I had to talk her through her panic when they sent her straight to the hospital for induction. Advocate for yourself, and go armed with information. I hope they listen and treat you! I am SO SO sorry you have it so early!!! When did you deliver with your previous pregnancies, since you had it before? I know they don't let you go past 38wks.

@canuckmommaI teleworked the last two weeks but I worked up until we were sent to the hospital for induction. Honestly, the telework was more for my at-the-time supervisor than for me - I was in pre-labor for almost a month and every time I winced at a contraction, he freaked out! Hahaha. 

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 22/ 13 weeks 1 day

Lemon

Upcoming Appointments:
    Next appt is feb 4th
    i had u/s at 6, 7, 8, and 11 weeks so this appt is just a check in

How are you feeling?:
    Exhausted, lots of headaches, nausea gone

Rants/Raves: 
    No rants right now, I am type 1 diabetic and I am super excited that my A1c last week was down to 5.6, all genetic testing came back normal, and we are having our third boy. 

Questions: 

People sticking their fingers in their mouth crosses me out!
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 21 / 13 weeks 2 days

Lemon

Upcoming Appointments:
    Tomorrow, 2nd appt w/ midwife

How are you feeling?:
    Mostly fine. Nausea comes and goes some days. Still napping most evenings but only for about half hour. Starting to feel my energy come back.

Rants/Raves: 
    No rants for now. 
    Raves: we just booked our babymoon last week, excited to take off in a few weeks to lay on the beach and do nothing. @hestia14 i hope you get your babymoon too! i am sure you can find something to fit the budget. :smile:
    my DH tasked me with a budget and i made it my mission to find something so we could go away. also, we publicly announced on social media, so not keeping it a secret feels great!

Questions: none for now. 

@canuckmomma i'll be working as close to my due date as possible, but i also telecommute 2-3 times a week, so it makes it much easier not having to drive into the city (toronto) daily. biggest debate for me right now is do i take the 12 months or 18 months mat leave. do you know what you're doing?

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? hands down loud chewers. i cannot stand the sound of people eating, chewing gum, etc. when i am at work, the person in the cubicle behind me is notorious for it, and i want to lose my mind every time. 

• edited January 2019
    @canuckmomma I work for myself, but for my biggest client, i'm hoping to work reduced hours the last 2/3 weeks and mostly remotely while supporting the temporary company that will do my work while i'm off for 3 months. Of course that's the plan but i have zero idea how i'll feel then so i'm trying to keep any plans pretty fluid.   

ETA to answer other question

@foodislove we are trying to find a good grey.  we've tried 3 so far and they aren't right yet.  I'm off to home depot for another sample tonight.  
  • Thanks for the babymoon support everyone. I want to go to Las Vegas and I priced out a 4-day trip that I personally think we can handle. DH and I are going to look over that budget tonight just so we can move past the "I'll think about it" phase. I also want to put a new floor in our living room (which I asked DH to do before Christmas...) and we need to redo the eventual nursery, and there's a little bit of plumbing work that needs done...so we've already had arguments today :disappointed: 
    So glad to see several GOT fans! If everyone's OK with it, I'm gonna start a GOT thread after work today. (Side note: as long as they release an episode every week, the series should be over before my due date. I was worried about that! :sweat_smile: )
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 13 w 4 d

Baby is the size of a(n): Jalepeno Pepper

Upcoming Appointments: Feb 4

How are you feeling?: pretty good, less anxious and more “settled into” my pregnancy. I’m still bloated and don’t know how much is baby because this is my second pregnancy and know I’ll show sooner, but I look much farther along!

Rants/Raves:  My sweet husband means well but started a registry on his own on amazon!! I like to be in charge of those things, it’s fun for me and it gets me excited. He went ahead and started one because I think he wants to see how much we actually need ahead of time, especially since we’re unsure of who would host a shower or sprinkle. My daughter is 3 but we have moved 6 times since then and got rid of most everything except furniture because we had so many missing parts through the moves. 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? The sound of my dogs licking!! They pick their paws, their bellies, each other! Drives me crazy, but I love them!
  • @foodislove you know I've been thinking about the depression thing lately as I've been feeling kind of off. I have a history, and Jan-March is my known "trigger" period. I think I actually am more in line with SAD than depression. Anyway, I know antepartum depression is a thing. Especially with your history of ppd, it wouldn't hurt to ask your doc.
    In regards to ICP... sorry you had a scare, glad it was ok though!!! It's definitely mentally stressful. I try not to think about it this early on as there's nothing that could be done anyway. My first two were both born at 37 weeks and this one I assume will be too. I still haven't heard back from my OB office so I plan to call tomorrow. We'll see what they say... 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 13+6

Baby is the size of a(n): Cupcake 

Upcoming Appointments:
    17th - mental health appt. 
    18th - GD 3 hour screen

How are you feeling?: I am so constipated today. And I know it is because of the Unisom. I'm never taking it again. My doc recommended it for nausea, but constipation is WAY worse to me. 

Rants/Raves: Maternity jeans are heaven and all pants should be made like this...

Questions: 

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? I cannot stand people chewing with their mouth open, shaking their leg (like the nervous leg shake - I associate it with peeing and it makes me have to pee and also fills me with anxiety), and heel striking as they walk (like punching the floor with their heel - walk gracefully you cows...). The last two are constant arguments with my husband, LOL.  The heel striking booms through my house because our garage is under the hallway and bedrooms and it is SO LOUD. He's going to have to learn how to be quiet with his feet or he will wake the baby every time he walks by! 

@foodislove I identified some anxiety and stress around all of this a few weeks ago and decided it was time to go ahead and start with the Behavioral Health visits for emotional support as I go through this thing and after. I feel like it is just better to be ahead of it because I'm already feeling like it is a lot to deal with. 
  • @ccmama3 I know one of the hard things with ICP is that it takes so long for the results to come back, a whole week seems like forever when you might need a change in your meds *now*. I hope your levels stay down! And I did talk to my doc yesterday, they said they are proud of me, and if I still want to monitor for awhile (I'm still teetering about having to remember yet another med), I can call anything and they'll send in a prescription for me.

@hakele What do the BH visits entail? I was encouraged to see a therapist, and while I liked my last one, I ended up stopping going to her because the only tool she was giving me was that I need to carve out more "me time" - so I did by stopping therapy and doing something for me instead.
  • @foodislove it is just seeing the therapy department at Kaiser. They call it behavioral health. I’ve done a few rounds of it before in my life. Like I had to go to clear up some depression after my mother passed away. I was really sad and anxious and dealing with drama with my older sister. Processing lots of feelings. They helped me have the confidence to express my emotions to my sister. Set new boundaries in my relationships with my sister and in-laws. Help communicate my feelings with my husband and feel confident to ask for what I needed. 
    Honestly, so much if therapy is finding the right person to visit. Sounds like you should shop around. I had a bad one once who told me I was fine and didn’t need to be there after one 30-minute appointment. So I just asked to see someone else. 
  • @jennm0724 hooray for letting some of the cat fur out of the bag! 
    Soon, you’ll have fun stories for the inappropriate comments thread! 
    Hope your MIL is on the mend and loved the news! 
  • MH called me out on stilling having my shoes on last night when I had been home for <5 minutes. I almost screamed at him—my house, I can wear my shoes where I want. 

Also another pet peeve: calling something “1st Annual” it’s not annual yet, it’s the inaugural. 
  • @blackhottamales your pet peeve made me laugh so hard!! that one is so good LOL!! 
  • @hakele I’m so glad that went well for you!!
  • @hakele that is awesome! Glad it went well!!

I told my boss yesterday as well, he was shocked and happy and then instantly asked how long I'd be out LOL! I was so caught off guard I was like "umm I have no idea" and he was like we need to prepare a back up for you.. all I could think is we have 6 months! Let me get through telling everyone.. 
    My mom went around the office telling everyone she is going to be a grandma, she is over the moon. My MIL is recovering and doing better, should be released from the hospital soon, she was so excited to hear the news. 
    Feels good to tell the secret!  
  • @hakele glad it went so well!!!
    @jennm0724 glad your secret is out!!!
  • @jennm0724 Hooray for telling your boss. Sounds like he is a "Doer". A personality type from my workplace Behavior Styles training. Likes to get things done as quickly as possible. Haha. My boss is, too. But she is also understanding that I'm FAR more cautious than she is. Also glad to hear your MIL is on the mend! Glad the baby news lifted her spirits. 
    I'm so in agreement that telling people is feeling really good. I think I've got about 50 people who know now! 

I also just registered for all the baby prep classes at my hospital. It is a LOT. My husband is going to freak. It is SO many days. And will probably be way too much information for him! Hahahahahaha. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 17th

Baby is the size of a(n): lemon or troll doll

Upcoming Appointments: next friday for a consult with the highrisk dr

How are you feeling?: less nauseous, still tired but not as bad

Rants/Raves: I wish i had my full energy back right now. Im taking a winter online class and cramming it all in on the weekends because im just to tired to do anything after work on the weekdays.

Questions: anyone here that has had a cervaglage? There is a chance that they will be recommending it to me and it makes me nervous 

GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve? Leg shaking annoying the crap out of me,  my brother does it constantly 
  • @blackrosevamp ugh, I hate that so much, too. 
    Maybe ask the cerclage question in the ask a STM Thread. That way you get answers from all 4 groups. 
    FX it will be ok. And that you start to get energy back. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/22, 13w6d today! Baby is the size of a(n): lemon, jalapeño Upcoming Appointments: How are you feeling?: Rants/Raves: Questions: GTKY: What's your biggest pet peeve?
  • @blackrosevamp what class are you taking? I'm taking classes in the evenings and I can relate to how exhausting it's been.
  • @Cbeanz currently sociology of organization online. My evening classes start back up next week.  Im only about 3/4 classes away from graduating with my B.A. so i really want to push thru the exaustion and do this spring semester.
  • @blackrosevamp My mom had a cerclage with her pregnancies due to an incompetent cervix. All I know is that she wasn't allowed to have sex :(