January 2019 Moms

January Symptoms

For those of us still pregnant, we’re at least on the home stretch! So what symptoms are you having these last few weeks or days?

Re: January Symptoms

• For me, fatigue is the worst. It hit me like a freight train a couple days ago. I feel like I’m in the first trimester again; so tired!!
  • Same!  I’m thankfully already on maternity leave so I can sleep in or nap, but I’m definitely more sleepy these days. I feel pretty good for 38.5 weeks though. I have some lower back pain, but working with a chiropractor on that. My doctor says the baby’s head is really low so that’s great. Now just waiting... 
  • Loading the player...
  • Getting so much discharge. I keep freaking myself out that it's amniotic fluid, but it's nothing like a trickle. I went from staying at a 1 and 50% effacement for a few weeks to a 3 and 50% effacement this week so I'm sure that's the reason.  Getting a bunch of contractions, but nothing that some rest and water doesn't fix.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I go from completely exhausted to burst of energy. Lots of discharge, breast pain and tons of contractions. Ive also had heavy cramping with lower back ache...however I am 39 weeks today and not dilated at all!!! So fustrating. I’m so ready for baby!
    TTC #1
    Endo Stage IV
    Lap 9/11/2009
    IUI 1st Cycle Canceled
    IUI 2nd Cycle Failed
    New RE: RMACT
    BCP 2/6/2018
    Hysteroscopy to remove polyps 2/16/2018
    IVF #1 3/5/2018- Menopur + Follistim + Ganirelix, HCG + Lupron Trigger
    ER- 3/18/2018- 11 retrieved, 9 mature, 4 made it to blast. 
    PGS- 3 normal
    FET #1- 4/25/2018
    WE ARE PREGNANT!! Due 1/11/2019
  • Still having contractions and cramping on and off all day (and night). Mucous plug has been coming out. I have trouble breathing because baby's head is in my diaphragm and then i have lots of pelvic pain because his feet are in my cervix.

I'm still restricted to stay within 30 min of the hospital since he could break my water at any time.

Less than 20 days to my scheduled C - so at least I know the maximum i will have to feel this way. 

The end of pregnancy is really glorious, lol.
  • @libertymomrn I feel the same way - naps make me feel so sick, so I'm just EXHAUSTED.

38 weeks tomorrow, and all I want to do is sleep, and I basically am either on the verge of throwing up, or I'm completely famished.

1 week left at work! So that's pretty great!
  • watbot2 said:
    @libertymomrn I feel the same way - naps make me feel so sick, so I'm just EXHAUSTED.

38 weeks tomorrow, and all I want to do is sleep, and I basically am either on the verge of throwing up, or I'm completely famished.

1 week left at work! So that's pretty great!
    Yup; I’m still getting nauseous almost every morning and throwing us a few times a week. I mean, it’s not nearly as bad as the first trimester, but I guess we’re some of the lucky few who get morning sickness the entire pregnancy. It really isn’t fair to be 38 weeks along with all of those typical symptoms, and still be getting nauseous and throwing up, too.
  • For the past few weeks, I've developed these itchy little bumps on my wrists, hands, ankles, inner thighs, and a few on the back of my knees. Nothing seems to make them go away, and sometimes they can get very itchy. Doctor said it looks like eczema, which I have never had before in my life. Although, I googled it, and theres actually a lot of stuff that comes up about people having eczema flare-ups (even if they've never had it before) during pregnancy.

Anyone else experience anything like this? I just hope I dont continue to have it after the pregnancy is over
  • watbot2watbot2 member
    edited January 2019
    Let me know if this should be in a different thread, but has anyone had a membrane sweep done, and if so, what symptoms did you have after? 

• I had a membrane sweep with my first baby at 39w6d. The procedure felt weird but wasn't painful. I remember a very small amount of spotting and mild (almost painless) cramping a few hours later. The next day (24 h after the sweep) labor started. 

Good luck!
  • I had one with my first at 40+3 after being in active labor, but not consistently contracting and my waters broke the next day. I had one with this pregnancy at 39+4 and nothing to report since then unfortunately. These kiddos come when they want either way.

BabyFruit Ticker