Babies on the Brain
Options

2nd period after miscarriage late? Irregular or pregnant again??

hello ladies, I can’t believe I’m even back on this app. On Nov 15 I had to force my miscarriage. I was very depressed & pretty sucidial to say the least.. but that’s not the point.. I’m much better now. I still think about my angel everyday & it’s still hard, just a little better. So my period returned Dec 17th but was a short 4 days. My doc told me it’d most likely be really heavy.. but I didn’t think anything of it (before my first pregnancy I had heavy flow periods that lasted a full 7 days, while this one was heavy.. 4 days was odd to me). Now this is where my overthinking is coming in, according to my fertility app my period should have came on Monday 1/14 .. it’s now Friday 1/18 & still nothing. I don’t feel how I felt before my missed period in my first pregnancy tho. Back then my boobs had grew & were always tender/ in pain. The only symptom I feel now is frequent urination & fatigue but none of the “wow yeah I’m pregnant” headaches or forgetfulness not even the moodiness that even comes before my period but was heighten in my pregnancy back in September. I basically just came to vent. I won’t take a test until another week & I didn’t like that dr’s practice. Seemed to have no connection to the patients like she didn’t remember who I was, so that’s why I didn’t call & explain this to her... what would you do if you were me? Take a test or just wait for AF to make her arrival ?

Re: 2nd period after miscarriage late? Irregular or pregnant again??

• Options
    thatcmathatcma member
    edited January 2019
    First off I will say I have never MC so this is not from personal experience, more of "in the field" experience as I work in an OB/gyn office. A MC is different for everyone, and every time. The periods after a MC can be very irregular for a few months, and could possibly not resemble your periods before pregnancy.

I would recommend you call the office you were at before when you had the MC so they can get you in to confirm it was a complete MC. OR at the very least contact a new office to explain your history and get in ASAP.

ETA: That is what I would do if I was in your shoes.