July 2019 Moms

Symptoms of the week 1/14

So I thought I was over the puking (14weeks) but turns out, I think I’m still reliant on the Sea Bands. I have been wearing them for 2 months straight, but anytime I take them off to shower and forget to put them back on for like 12 hours, I get sick again. 😔 but the all day nausea has at least transitioned to morning, and night, with a break in between. 

Re: Symptoms of the week 1/14

• I wish I had nausea! I always read it’s a sign of a healthy pregnancy and am sad I haven’t had more of it haha. I just have crazy constipation and for whatever reason I’ve had migraines 4 days in the last week.... 
  • Hyperemesis is going to kill me before this baby comes out! I take Phenegran every morning at 9am with my morning coffee and a bagel. If I miss that pill by even 10 minutes, it becomes useless the entire day. I have to eat before 1pm and anything after that comes right up. I’m still down 10 lbs from pre pregnancy weight, however, I was also overweight by 15lbs. I am just going to accept that This pregnancy is like my two girls and know it will last well into third trimester. I just miss easing dinner with my family. 😔 
  • Loading the player...
  • The exhaustion is killing me. I’m also craving baby carrots with ranch veggie dip. Have been for the past 3 days and can’t get enough of them. Lol 
  • Is it too early for sciatic nerve pain? The back of my left thigh is killing me in one very distinct spot :confounded:
  • @hestia14 unfortunately it’s never too early :( 
  • Who else is on panty liners train now? I near snissed myself yesterday, so guess it's that time again.
  • My back has been bothering me since late last week. Not sciatic pain, but it's RIGHT at my tail bone. Sitting at my desk all day is killer. Been trying to walk around more at work and go to the water cooler at the other end of the building when I need a refill to get more steps. 

Anyone else having unpredictable digestive issues? Some days I have to drink a full cup of half-caf coffee to, um, get things going. Last two nights I've blown up like a balloon after dinner and have been so bloated I can't even sleep!
  • @foodislove I'm about to jump on that train. I bought some cloth reusable pads for when I was on progesterone suppositories and I'm going to need to break them out again soon. 

@meandlittleb yes the digestive woes :( bloating, gas, constipation and diarrhea.. worse when I have anything that is acidic in nature like dairy, tomatoes, gluten, sugar, etc. It really sucks. 
  • @meandlittleb so much digestive woes. I tried unisom and while it helped with nausea, it made it impossible to poop. So, never touching that again. Bloating is BAD. 
    For those with butt pain who have to sit all day. It will make you feel like an old lady, but I recommend a Back joy. It is like a bucket for sitting on in your chair and helps support pelvis and low back alignment. It has helped me SO much. 
  • @foodislove I straight up peed myself during one of my workouts last week 
  • @hestia14 mine has started up too :( with DD I had it so bad I had to go off work at 33 weeks and this time it’s started much earlier unfortunately 
  • Oh my goodness.... I didn’t realize that my tailbone pain could be a pregnancy thing. I just thought I must have been sitting incorrectly! 

I have to do a better job paying attention to my bladder. I’ve had a few too many close calls and a few where I was luckily at home and could change my pantries. 
  • @mamanbebe I'm thinking added sugars/artificial sweeteners may be one of the biggest culprits for my issues. And I know it's been wreacking havoc on my skin too. But all I want are all the sweet treats right now!! Trying to settle for fruit as a treat instead. 
  • Anyone have tips for getting rid of the awful metallic/generally gross mouth taste? My nausea's subsided but the mouth thing is overpowering and making me feel gross all over...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @greeneyedgirl12 no advice but I have that too and it's the worst.

I've also been having tailbone and hip pain. It's really messing with my sleep, on top of having to pee like 4x a night. I have a body pillow coming tomorrow, hope it helps. Sorry DH, no room for you, me, and my pillow 😂
  • @quinniebear My lower back pain has kicked in too, as has general discomfort sleeping. We have three LARGE (50, 50, 100 lbs) that sleep with us usually, we started it right before we got the BFP (not great timing).

We bought the 100-pounder a big bed for our room and have been trying to force him onto that for when I get even bigger/if I need to cave and get a maternity pillow/because he's just effing huge.
  • @meandlittleb and others, yes! the digestive issues are never ending. I am bloated every day, at all times (my bloat bump looks like Megan Markel's real bump, and she's got at least 3 months head start on me), morning nausea, and nausea before bed (most of my puking happens before bed now), and evening indigestion and acid reflux that is pretty bad. I can't lay flat anymore, ever, and I know we are supposed to start sleeping on our sides now, preferably on our left side, but I have an old injury to my left hip that makes sleeping on that side very painful, and sciatica seems to be brewing in that butt cheek as well. I know it will only get more painful the heavier I get...so sleeping has become pretty hard. Going to get a body pillow soon...exhaustion comes and goes now and mental clarity has improved.  
  • @julybaybay get the snoogle! Don't waste anymore time without it - I figured the sooner I bought the cheaper the per sleep cost - it's delightful!

I'm feeling mostly good, but starting to feel odd like getting out of bed or off the couch - bulky ya know?
  • rgn12rgn12 member
    edited January 2019
    Does anyone else have nausea creeping back? I’ve been taking only half a tab of unisom since Sunday and today around lunch time nausea started back and it hasn’t went away. I was trying to stop taking it since I was feeling better but maybe it was really helping? Ughhh
  • @rgn12 I'd been feeling better to decent for a few days, and then today I just wanted to be a lump of uncomfortable nausea awfulness in bed all day. Tried to eat dinner, and uh, I got to see it again. Bleh. I'd like to be done puking now, please...
  • @rgn12 I have a good day here and there and then the nausea comes back in full force. You're definitely not alone!

My boob pain is ramping up and my back and hips are already a mess (I think a lot of it is still from carrying DD up and down the stairs mornings and evenings when she's not fully awake). Still nauseous too and +1 to starting to feel uncomfortable getting up from the couch. Oh and RLP is picking up too. Basically it's a party over here:)
  • Hubs cracked open a beer for the first time in 14 weeks and the smell hit me instantly and I needed to run out of the room or I was gonna puke! This, coming from a gal who enjoys a cold one! What's happened to me?!?!
  • I sneezed last night and had such bad RLP, I cried. 
  • Ugh glad I’m not the only one, but sorry that you all are feeling it too! I think somethings going on with my hormones, maybe a shift, because I had a migraine with aura that was out of the ordinary (in a good way, shorter) that came out of nowhere. I almost wonder if it’s residual from that, because it happened Wednesday and I was nauseous again on Thursday. 

I’m still waiting for that energy burst that the bump talks about... waiting.... ?
  • @rgn12 I really didn't have my energy back until well past 15 weeks first time around. Closer to 18/19 weeks tbh. Also still occasionally dealing with the nausea here, which is frustrating.

Constipation is just starting to hit me, and it's so painful and awful. I need to get some dried fruit to munch on at my desk. 
  • That’s good to know! I’m only 15w4d. 

I’ve has constipation issues sporadically too... I guess that’s part of the deal though, right? Ughh 😫

It’ll all be worth it though when we hold that little baby in July! ❤️
  • +1 to the constipation. I've always taken fiber gummies in the morning, but I've now added in prunes at night too. I've gained 3 pounds in the last two days and I'm certain most of the weight is waste.
  • Constipation ladies: Calm and Garden of Life make flavored magnesium powders that you can mix with hot water kind of like crystal light. It definitely helps get things moving but also helps with sleeplessness and nausea. 
  • @mamanbebe I'm going to track that down. I think that would help me so much right now. 
  • Anyone else dealing with excess saliva and needing to frequently spit? So charming I know. I remember years ago I saw an episode of 16 and Pregnant where the girl had to carry around a Pringle’s can to spit into. On the plus side though my aim is improving - haha!
  • I'm just over here WAITING for the second trimester libido boost to happen... where is it?!?! I'm like, persuading myself that it's worth it a couple of times a week, but I feel like by this time with DD, the husband was having the time of his life! 😭
  • I’m with you ladies...no magical second tri yet. I puked 3 days last week and am still nauseous most of the time. 
    I hate eating for fear of puking it up but I know I have to get this LO its nutrients. I’m still watching my weight closely-I’m slightly lower again this week but only ~2lbs. I’ll email my nurse if I lose 3 more lbs. 
  • I think I’ve been having Braxton Hicks. 🙄 I’m 16+4 and I have an appointment on Tuesday. 
    This shit is annoying and really exhausting me. 
  • @motherofdogs Does drinking water help you? I'm pretty sensitive to having them too, but usually drinking extra water eases up the tightness. 
  • I finally went a few days without throwing up. But yesterday it was like the beginning again but 10X worse! I threw up all day, including running to the bathroom at the grocery store 😩 I came home from work and took my meds from the dr at 5:30 and then slept over 14 hours because of that. Ugh so frustrating... if I don’t take the meds I throw up. If I do I sleep my life away. So ready for the puking and feeling miserable to end. 
  • @mamanbebe doesn’t seem to be. I’ve been chugging and peeing so much I could make a toilet paper roll castle. 
    They have eased up a bit today thankfully 
  • @motherofdogs I'm glad they have calmed down a bit <3 I hope you figure out the source at your appt. 
  • At 13 weeks, 3 days it feels like things are getting worse instead of better 😭 I've lost 14 pounds so far and unisom and b6 or diclegis aren't working. My doctor will not prescribe zofran. I could not pee in a cup at my last 2 appointments because I have been so dehydrated, and the nurse had the nerve to ask me if I was trying to avoid the drug screen. The doctor had me stay for 3 hours until I could drink enough water to give a urine sample even after I threw up while trying to get water down. I've never had problems with this group of doctors before and I'm feeling very emotional about the situation.