April 2019 Moms

Week 4 Check-in w/o 1/14

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions? 

Rants/Raves? 

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? 

Re: Week 4 Check-in w/o 1/14

• EDD 4/26 

Appts: had one Friday, won’t have another until glucose on 2/1. 

Rant: I hate winter. We got six or so inches of snow this past weekend, and are expecting a few more this coming weekend. I’m already over it. Also, I forwent yoga and chores for a desperately needed nap with DD napped today and the fedex guy pulled out listening to some podcast or drama at full volume with people screaming at each other and woke me in a panic. I thought there was domestic dispute happening in my driveway. Thanks Fedex guy. Now I haven’t napped, cleaned, or done yoga. At least DD didn’t wake.  

Rave: little man is really active in there this week. 

Feeling: sciatica, reflux, pelvic pain, insomnia. Whoo. 

GTKY: if he could have DH’s teeth, that would be great. My metabolism, my passion and intellectual curiosity. Either way though this kid is doomed to lose his hair by 25. I feel bad about that. DH lost his by 22. My brother is losing his at 24. 
  • I love the GTKY Q @HGRich!
    Also, my brother started thinning way early and his hair line was receeding by 22. So you're not alone! I hadn't considered the genetic probability for our kids until now. 😮 They will be loved regardless! At least by their mamas. :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • @mighty_montgomery haha! True. And if mine gets his daddy’s head shape, at least it’ll not be an awkward bald head and he can pull off the shaved look. 
  • Due date: 4/28

Any appointments? Questions? Thursday regular prenatal. 

Rants/Raves? Feeling like a whale... 😂

How are you feeling? Exhausted... 

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? My good judgment and confidence. My nose lol From SO? Husbands Intellect, problem solving. And dimples. 

• Due date:  4/26 25.4

Any appointments? Questions? Growth scan on the 31st glucose screening on thursday

Rants/Raves? finally making progress on the babies room

How are you feeling? tireddddddd

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? 

DD has DHs eyes and I really want this one to have mine! I want them to have my creativity and DHs book smarts. 

Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Due date: 4/22

Any appointments? Questions? 

End of the month for glucose test and regular check-up 

Rants/Raves? 

I quit my job earlier than expected because my daughter has been very sick from daycare and I missed a week of work. I'm relieved to be done and spend the rest of my pregnancy hanging out with her.

How are you feeling? Pretty good. Back hurts but not much longer to go!

With my first I wanted her to have our dark hair and hazel eyes but she's got dark blonde/red hair and brown eyes, she's beautiful. I want all my children to not have my anxiety and health issues and I want them to have his outgoing personality.

• Due date:  4/27; 25w4d

Any appointments? Questions? Endocrinologist on the 30th and 1 hr. glucose test on the 31st. I’m nervous about passing the GCT!

Rants/Raves? Rant: All of a sudden not being able to move as easily. Just seems like in the last week it’s gotten much more difficult to do normal things, like roll over in bed! Rave: My husband is getting into nesting and has singlehandedly cleaned out the room we’re planning to use as the nursery. He’s going to paint this weekend!

How are you feeling? Achy, mostly in my lower back and hips.

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? Physically, I hope our baby inherits dad’s nose, my chin and cheeks, and hopefully she gets some height from dad, too. Hubs and I are both pretty stubborn, so I’m sure baby will have an independent streak. I hope she inherits her dad’s intellectual curiosity and language skills, and I’m hoping she gets the creative and community organizing bug from me.

• Due date: 4/26, 25w5d

Any appointments? Questions? GTT and OB appointment next Tuesday 

Rants/Raves? Started to feel the nesting hard this past weekend. I feel like I’m in this weird ‘it’s soon but not THAT soon’ limbo in terms of preparation.

How are you feeling? Bulky, lol. My energy swerves all over the place, and my sleep quality varies dramatically. Sometimes I sleep like a rock, other times my hips ache sooo much I maybe catch a couple hours. 

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? Both DH and I are pretty healthy people- I hope our baby gets that. I hope she gets DH’s determination and intelligence, and my organization and patience.

• Due date: April 21-22

Any appointments? 

Today :)

BP:95/48 

I’ve gained about 8lbs

Baby’s heart looks good  

Questions? Anyone else have a lower than norm  BP?

Rants/Raves? Big rain storm coming and  a cranky toddler and a short temper in myself is not a good combo  

How are you feeling? Sciatica pain and random other headaches and rib pain is not fun  

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? My eyes are a cool color, they change according to the light or what I’m wearing. That would be fun to watch in one of my kids. From SO? His red beard as their hair color :) always wanted a redhead. Haha. Dd has strawberry hair at first but it turned super blonde and then it’s honey blonde. 

• This is a good GTKY question!
    re: baldness @HGRich and @mighty_montgomery I thought the wisdom for a while was "look at the mother's father" and then recently there was some evidence that it comes from both sides and is more complicated than just that? I'm curious to see how it works out for my potential offspring: both my brothers were quite bald by 25, but my dad's still got his hair. My partner seems to be doing alright.

@Kateriee glad you're done with work and that you have more time for yourself and family!

Due date: 4/24

Any appointments? Questions? Next week is my first appointment with midwives instead of obgyn. Hoping that the care is a bit more personal.

Rants/Raves? Taking a week off of work and worrying about getting things done before April was amazing. But it was straight back into the worries when I tripped and fell carrying our bags at the airport and spent much of the plane ride wondering whether everything was ok. Seems fine, given movements and the fact that the only pains associated with the fall appear to be my skinned hands and knees. Now, back to work and also moving...

How are you feeling? Tired. Not excited to be back at work. Very round.

GTKY: What features, physical or personality, do you hope baby will inherit from you? From SO? Personality-wise, I think they'd do just fine in the world to be a copy of my partner. But clearly I'm biased. Maybe mix a little bit of my whimsy with his grit and pragmatism. The only physical feature that I can think of right now would be teeth that are appropriately-sized for their mouth! My teeth are just huge and barely fit in my little mouth -- it's not convenient.

• Due date:  4/29 (25w2d)

Any appointments? Questions?  Glucose test on Friday.  Failed the 1-hour and passed the 3-hour last time, so I'm being realistic about what might happen. 

Rants/Raves?  More a random:  Did you guys see that the Duchess of Sussex told someone in a crowd that she's due in late April/early May?  I thought for sure she'd be due in early April, but sounds like she could be one of us. :sunglasses: 

How are you feeling?  Pregnancy symptoms were in a good rut there for a while (got used to my digestive situation, heartburn, etc.), but now I'm getting to more obnoxious things like BEING UNABLE TO PUT ON PANTS EASILY and HAVING TO ADJUST HOW I GET OUT OF CHAIRS.  :disappointed:  Like someone else on another thread said, I didn't realize I'd get super uncomfortable this soon...

From DH:  Amazing lashes, selflessness, ability to sleep through anything
    Me: Disney princess eyes, sensitivity, ability to actually put things away :wink:

Things I Don't Want Baby to Get:

DH: Roman nose (SORRY ANYONE ELSE), inability to wait one second when hungry
    Me: Huuuuuge forehead, anxiety :( 

Things Baby Will Definitely Get:

WORLD'S WEAKEST CHIN

• I failed my 1hr. Waiting to hear back from the dr. 
  • Due date:  4/25 (26w2d)

Any appointments? Questions?  Next OB visit is 2 weeks away

Rants/Raves?  I bought a few baby outfits on clearance (yeah) at target.  After I told my mom, she asked what sizes I still need so I sent a list.  Then she and my aunt when to their stores and bought a ton of stuff without regard for size 🙁

How are you feeling?  A whale, I've gained 20 lbs and am hungry all the time.

DH = patience and kindness, nose
    Me= intelligence and drive.  My blonde hair, but definately not my large forehead.
  • @TheSouffleGirl Right there with you on normal things being uncomfortable, namely getting out of chairs and getting out of bed! Three more months of this?! Oy!