Infertility
Options

6th IUI cycle... Anyone else on #6 or more?

Had my baseline scan for my 6th IUI cycle this morning.

I had 5 IUIs (all with Follistim, with inseminations 12 and 36 hours after trigger) last year. I had a good response every time, and my husband's numbers have always great, but no luck. Our official diagnosis is "unexplained" but I finally had a laparoscopy in November and had very minor endometriosis removed from my right tube. I was hopeful that would give us success with #5 in December but still nothing. 

Just wondering if anyone else here is currently in a similar situation, or if anyone can share a success story with #6 or higher. 

unexplained since january 2015; one prior loss
miracle baby boy born march 2016
ttc #2 since january 2017; one loss in april 2017
started injectables and IUI in may 2018
IUIs #1-4 = BFN
laparoscopy november 2018 = minor endo removed from right tube
IUI #5 = BFN.
IUI #6 = chemical pregnancy
IUI #7 = BFN
IUI #8 = ?

Re: 6th IUI cycle... Anyone else on #6 or more?

• Options
    Hi! We are well over 6 IUI. We are breaking this month due to cysts. We plan on doing one or two more with injections and then break before ivf. My DH is fine, always have over 90 million. I have PCOS with high amh (41) so doctor thinks it’s mainly egg quality. No success stories here, you may want to post on a different page for those. GL! How many do you think you will do before going to ivf? 
  • Options
    @ispi IUI is 100% covered by my insurance (including all medication), but IVF isn't covered at all, so I'm going to stick with IUIs for as long as I can. My RE is confident that eventually I will get pregnant--even if it takes 11 IUI cycles. I do have a consult with CNY in May (they do IVF for $3.900) so I have that to fall back on if it doesn't work within the next few months, but I still don't know if I'm going to be able to save up that kind of money by then. DH and I just eliminated all of our credit card debt, and (aside from student loans and our mortgage) will be debt free in the next year or two, so going into debt for IVF (especially when IUI is covered and, again, should work eventually) is something I'd rather avoid if I can. 

IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes I agree. With CNY how far do you live? I was looking at that and it says you can get labs etc near where you live. Also it’s 3900 for the ivf but how much are the other costs? I guess it is good to look into!
  • Options
    @ispi I’m about 2 hours away from the Albany location. I think meds and monitoring are extra, but I’ve been stocking up on Follistim so I’ll be able to save money there. Definitely going to ask all these questions during my consult if it gets to that point, but hopefully I’ll get pregnant before then! 

IUIs #1-4 = BFN
    IUI #5 = BFN.
    IUI #7 = BFN
    IUI #8 = ?

• Options
    Yes hopefully!! 2 hours isn’t bad, I would consider it if it was that distance, we are about 4-6. Good luck!