August 2019 Moms

PGAL Check-In w/o 1/14

1. How many weeks are you?

2. Previous loss(es)?

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically?

4. Any appointment updates? 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? 

6. Any milestones coming up? 

7. GTKY: What's your favorite season and why?
People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
IVF
IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
Back on Levothyroxine
FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
1st Beta on 7dpt 93
2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

Re: PGAL Check-In w/o 1/14

• BabylovecaliBabylovecali member
    edited January 2019
    1. How many weeks are you? 11 weeks

2. Previous loss(es)? 1 MMC at 12 weeks

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Exhausted. I don’t remember being this tired with my son but my DH said I was. I guess I blocked it out, lol.

4. Any appointment updates? I had my NIPT blood drawn today. Another 7-10 days for results though.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I got my Fetal Doppler and it has been great to ease my PGAL brain.

6. Any milestones coming up? I have the nuchal ultrasound on 1/21 and I will be 12 weeks then, so that will be a milestone because that is when we discovered our first loss. I’m feeling a little nervous also because I have a SCH so I’m hoping that will resolve soon.

7. GTKY: What's your favorite season and why? Summer. I love the beach! I love to be warm.
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 8w5d(ish) 

2. Previous loss(es)? 3. Two in the 9 week range and one CP at 5 weeks. 

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Nausea is better today so obviously my brain is panicky. Lately very nauseous and tired. Also anxious because I am trying to be off of my zoloft for awhile...after how I was treating DD this morning I think I cant do it much longer. Of course anxious about this pregnancy, and I have a SCH that is forcing me to take it easy. 

4. Any appointment updates? Last week we saw the baby measuring on track since the last u/s with a hb in the 170s! So many happy tears. The SCH is not growing, so that is good. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I have a really difficult time finding a good OB. Pg1 I was living 3 hours away, amazing OB. Pg2 DD was born and there are some really awful things that happened in the hospital wont go back. Pg3 DS was born pre and postnatal care were a joke will NEVER step foot in there again. Pg4 Gone before we got anywhere. Pg5 found a new OB, LOVED her...she left 1/1/19 to be a hospital OB and no longer has patients.  So now we are frantically trying to find someone we like, who delivers at a hospital we are comfortable with, and takes my concerns seriously. 

6. Any milestones coming up? In a week I will be past all my losses! Cautiously optimistic right now. 

7. GTKY: What's your favorite season and why? I love fall! The weather is perfect, colors are dreamy, scents are perfection, and food is fabulous. I also thrive on routine so by September we are ready to get back on a routine over here. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @jmesue1030 SO relieved to hear your US went well. Came here specifically looking for an update from you. 

1. How many weeks are you? 9+4

2. Previous loss(es)? 1 MMC at 12 weeks

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? I've had a sinus infection so I've been feeling pretty crappy. My boobs aren't sore, but I've still been sick on an off so I'm hoping everything is okay. 

4. Any appointment updates? Not until 1/31

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  I have no self control and pulled out the fetal doppler. At 9 weeks, its pretty early for a home fetal doppler to detect anything. I KNOW that. We also didn't spend a ton of time looking because DH could tell my anxiety was spiking. Doesn't mean I feel good about it. 

6. Any milestones coming up? Nope

7. GTKY: What's your favorite season and why? Fall! I LOVE the changing of the leaves and the cool air and all the smells! 
  • @jmesue1030 oh, I'm so, so happy your ultrasound went well!
    @ash0625 if I had a fetal doppler, I'd also have no self control. FX that you hear that sweet heartbeat soon!  Hope your sinus infection is better soon!
    @Babylovecali FX for hearing on the sooner end of your NIPT window.  I'm anxiously awaiting getting mine drawn!
    @Allycat11 oh, I feel you on the OB struggle.  I LOVED the practice that delivered my daughter but we moved and it could take 1.5 hours to get there if the traffic is bad (and then factor in trying to work DD's daycare pick up/drop off) and I decided to switch.  I hated the practice that handled my last MMC and am hoping this new one will be better.

1. How many weeks are you? 8+6
    2. Previous loss(es)? MMC 12/14, CP, DD 2/16, CP, MMC 3/18, CP, CP
    3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Well, I've been released from my RE officially because my last u/s looked good.  I'm now freaking out that there will still be something wrong and we'll lose the baby anyway. PGAL IS SO FUN.  Still nauseous on and off (though it's getting better--my RE did betas each week and mine were leveling off so that's not surprising--and it's normal)
    4. Any appointment updates? 1/21 first appointment with OB--just realized they can't do my NIPT blood draw because I won't be 10 weeks yet (will only be 9w5d).  I just want to know if there's something going on...
    5. Rants/Raves/Questions?  I called my RE to ask if I had a MMC, if he'd do the D&C because he does it guided by hysteroscopy so there's less chance of scarring.  My nurse is AWESOME and was so sweet (and didn't make me feel crazy for calling--and he'll definitely do it to the end of the first trimester but she said to call regardless for advice if something did happen).
    6. Any milestones coming up? No--I've passed all my MMC points. But I'm still very detached/not really feeling great.
    7. GTKY: What's your favorite season and why? Another vote for Fall!  All the snuggly clothes, tasty foods, and pretty leaves!

• @mwmiller4 it's ok that you're still feeling detatched. It's completely understandable, and I would think very normal. It's such a difficult and scary process. PGAL is so tough. And you've been through so much. ❤️

@jmesue1030 I'm so glad it was just your SCH! I had tried to reply about it yesterday, saying I was hoping that was the case! But it wouldn't let me post. I'm happy your baby is strong and doing well!!
  • @ash0625 @mwmiller4 @chillycanadian <3<3<3 thank you ladies!! Your support means a lot. I don’t feel like we’re “in the clear” yet, but I’m feeling so much more positive now. Doc basically said that my chance of MC is no different from anyone else at this point— the last time I went in he was not so optimistic and gave us a 25% chance of MC. 

• @mwmiller4 I don’t blame you for feeling detached. You’ve experienced a lot of loss and your brain is trying to protect you from pain. That attachment and love will come in time— be patient with yourself 

@ash0625 I’m sooo tempted to buy a fetal Doppler but I’m afraid it might do more harm than good if I’m not able to find the HB. Hoping these next couple of weeks until your appt go quickly!

@allycat11 ugh it’s so hard when you don’t like your OB. I bounced around a bit until I found a midwife practice I absolutely love. I hope you find a practice that delivers at a great hospital soon!

@babylovecali hoping your SCH resolves soon. They make things so much more stressful! 
  • @jmesue1030 we considered buying a Doppler with our last pregnancy. But in the course of my research, I decided risk was too high. And talking to our OB this pregnancy, he said hand held ultrasound is safe, but to stay away from buying one of the dopplers available online.
    Today I was freaking out so much that DH suggested we buy the hand held US 😂. But I certainly am not spending over $5k for that haha.
  • @chillycanadian that’s good info! Thanks!! I decided against the Doppler when I remembered that my tipped back uterus makes it incredibly difficult for even trained professionals to find the HB before about 15 weeks... so it would definitely do more harm than good for me!
  • Heeey @jmesue1030! I have a retroverted uterus too!!!
  • Heeey @jmesue1030! I have a retroverted uterus too!!!
  • I'm also in the retroverted uterus club--though I don't think it's that far back from what I can remember.  But that's good to know it can cause issues @jmesue1030 !

@chillycanadian I didn't know that handheld ultrasounds were a thing!  But 5k seems super pricey (not that I'm surprised when I think about it.

Thanks so much for all your kind words, ladies.  I really appreciate all the support more than you know.  I've been feeling better physically the last few days which OF COURSE is freaking me out.  Rationally, I know my HCG is leveling off based on my RE's weekly blood draws, they thought the levels/trajectory looked fine, but oh my gosh, I'm a bundle of nerves...I just want to fast forward and know how this all ends.  I mean, I know I'll eventually be fine either way, but it would be nice to know what's going to happen, you know?
  • @mwmiller4 I know what you mean! I just want to know. My hopes have started creeping up. But I too, have been feeling quite a bit better. So it scares me.
    Haha I also didn't know hand held US were are thing till my OB used one. They aren't very powerful. And I can't imagine they are easy for people to get unless they are a clinic haha. Which means I'll just have to wait and hope until this little one starts kicking me, and I can get reassurance from that!
  • @jmesue1030 @chillycanadian I also have a retroverted uterus and they struggle to find the hb early in the office. I have thought about getting a doppler to ease my pgal mind but I think it would just make my anxiety worse. With my second viable pregnancy I started feeling movement fairly early so hopefully I won't have too much longer without regular reassurance. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Add me to the feeling better physically and therefore mentally a hot mess club. With my MMC I stopped having symptoms and everyone just told me I was “one of the lucky ones” nope. turns out baby stopped growing several weeks prior. So after that experience, I am obsessed with assessing my symptoms and making sure I feel “bad enough”. I made a list of the more subtle symptoms I am having to help ease my anxiety:

boobs huge and hurt like hell
    bloating
    intermitant constipation
    fatigue (less but still present)
    sensitivity to smells (keep getting whiffs of my new deodorant)
    food cravings and aversions (not as intense but still present)
    burping (sorry gross)
    frequent urination (especially in the night)

so yeah im not about to vom or sleeping all day but I think I’m still preg 
  • @jmesue1030 I love your list making. I have had the same experience with feeling like a pregnancy was over and then that being absolutely true. It makes it that much harder to trust that things are going right when I have a thought that they are not and I've been right every other time.

@babylovecali I hope your SCH resolves soon too. I hope all goes smoothly with the NIPT and NT. Good news on those will hopefully ease your mind a lot.

@allycat11 I'm sorry for the SCH and the anxiety. I don't know much about Zoloft or alternatives but I hope you can talk to your dr about it and get good advice. Your mental health is important. Finding an OB is really hard.

@ash0625 When is your next appt? That must be anxiety inducing to not find the HB even though it is too early to reliably find it.

@mwmiller4 I totally understand being detached. It's normal after everything you've been through. I often feel the same. For example because we did PGS we could find out the sex any time and I have no desire to do so yet because I’m not ready to really get excited. We will just have to take it one day at a time and know that it's not our fault that we have a guarded reaction to being pregnant again.

1. How many weeks are you? 8w today

2. Previous loss(es)? 4 first tri mc's.

3. How are you feeling? Emotionally and physically? Sorry I'm checking in so late. I can relate to so many of y'all's feelings about reduced symptoms. I have never had strong symptoms in previous pregnancies but last week I had major food aversions and also some nausea (mostly in the evenings). I also had days I was SO TIRED I could barely keep my eyes open. Starting this past Sunday all that started to subside. I'm not sure if the nausea is somewhat helped because I started incorporating more protein into my diet and also took little bits of B6 throughout the day, or if it just went away, but either way I keep thinking it's too early for things to get better not worse. At the same time we saw the baby on Monday and he or she looked awesome - measured one day ahead (so caught way up after measuring several days behind the week before) and had a very strong HB. And that was day two of my symptoms getting less, so I keep telling myself it doesn't mean anything but you all know, PGAL brain doesn't always see reason.

4. Any appointment updates? Monday's u/s looked great.

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?

6. Any milestones coming up? If we have a good scan next week it will be the furthest we've ever made it.

7. GTKY: What's your favorite season and why? I love both spring and fall but I do get really killer allergies in the spring.

• jmesue1030jmesue1030 member
    edited January 2019
    @zamora_spin I’m so glad your appointment went well!!!! That’s so great that baby has caught up in size! Stupid symptoms— who ever thought we’d be wishing to feel like crap. I’m so excited for the day I can Feel the baby moving. 
  • I seriously don’t know what I’d do without you ladies! I was so nervous about heading over here from TTCAL (which was just the loveliest group) and I’m so happy this group is great as well. Excuse me as I ugly cry because hormones...and thank you for understanding me and all this mess. 

@jmesue1030 your list is fantastic! And it definitely sounds pregnant to me!!

@zamora_spin I’m so glad your ultrasound went so well!!! FX it’s smooth sailing from now on!!