Options

AMA Check in 1/16- 1/26

Due date/W+D: 

Age? 

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?:

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

Any specific AMA concerns?

GTKY: Are you a fan of Valentine's Day? Do you do anything special or exchange gifts each year?

Re: AMA Check in 1/16- 1/26

• Options

Due date/W+D: 8/3 11+4

Age? 34

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: STM

Any appointments? Questions?:I had an appointment yesterday.  Baby looks good. NIPT was drawn.  I'm anxious for the results. 

Rants/Raves?: Tomorrow is my Friday! Then we're going out of town for 5 days. Rant: I thought I was feeling better, but the nausea has come back even worse the past few days. 

Any specific AMA concerns? Nope

GTKY: Are you a fan of Valentine's Day? Do you do anything special or exchange gifts each year?  We don't go all out, my husband always gets me flowers and we'll make something nice for dinner.  I don't love going out to dinner on Valentine's Day because everywhere is overly crowded.  This year, I have requested cake.  We don't exchange gifts.  

• Options

Due date/W+D:  8/23 8w5d

Age? 38

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: FTM

Any appointments? Questions?: graduated from my RE today.  It’s so bittersweet!  But she’s looking good—measuring 3 days ahead  

Rants/Raves?: Rant : sleeep   I just want to sleep!  I’m exhausted during the day when I have to work and can’t nap then I’m wide awake at night and can’t fall asleep or stay asleep 

GTKY: Are you a fan of Valentine's Day? Do you do anything special or exchange gifts each year? Valentines Day is the one day I make H plan something (he is not a planner).  He works Valentines Day night so we’ll probably go out the weekend before/after 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Due date/W+D:  8/9 10w 5d

Age? 40

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: TTM

Any appointments? Questions?: Have my 12 week appointment next friday where they will be doing the nuchal translucency and genetic screening via bloodwork

Rants/Raves?: 

Any specific AMA concerns? I'm stressing about the genetic testing as i know that at 40 the risks for genetic issues is higher. 

GTKY: Are you a fan of Valentine's Day? Do you do anything special or exchange gifts each year? I do like Valentines day probably the only date night my DH and i stick too! lol. We will go out and celebrate with a nice dinner.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Due date/W+D: 8/15 10 weeks

Age? 39

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: 4th

Any appointments? Questions?: Not till the end of the month

Rants/Raves?: just chugging along, hoping that the nausea and fatigue will ease up soon.  Rant ish... apparently my MW wants me to meet with MFM (I'm guessing because I'm old?, but not sure since I didn't have to meet with them last time and she did not tell me about it) So I just got a call out of the blue from MFM that they had rearranged my carefully scheduled US and all my other appointments (genetic counselor and MW) for the day. Thankfully they were able to put things back where I had scheduled them and they will fit me in at some point with MFM that day... but geeze tell me I'm going to need to see someone else and don't rearrange the schedule without asking!

Any specific AMA concerns? @lilnessi I too am a little nervous for my upcoming screen... Though I just had a baby and she is perfect so hopefully this one will be too,. 

GTKY: Are you a fan of Valentine's Day? Do you do anything special or exchange gifts each year? I can go either way... Its nice to have a reminder to focus on one another as life gets crazy and i'm not always the best at remembering to give our relationship the attention it deserves. We usually do flowers and dinner though not always on Vday. 

@purplg8r Pregnancy insomnia sucks... I have definitely had more of it this time than in the past. I hope your able to nap on the weekends. 

*TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @mkrel - I love the cake for Valentine's Day idea.  Because... cake. 

Due date/W+D: 8/31, 7w + 4d 

Age?: 35 at delivery 

Any appointments? Questions?: Not until the end of the month

Rants/Raves?: I took diclegis last time and it was hugely helpful.  This time is makes me foggy no matter how much sleep I get.  I hate it. 

Any specific AMA concerns?: It's not directly AMA, but I think I mentioned last week I had GD last pregnancy and apparently age can make your chances go up.  Y'all, I do not want to have to prick my finger 6x a day again. 

GTKY: Are you a fan of Valentine's Day? Do you do anything special or exchange gifts each year?: Not traditionally, but I did find myself looking for gifts for DH this year. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @wabash15 no. Just no.  I would be so freaking annoyed!  That’s not her place!
  • Options

@purplg8r I started the B6 3 times a day and unisom at night and it’s REALLY helped with my insomnia/why the f*ck am I up for 4 hours in the middle of the night 

@mkrel are you going somewhere warm? I’m very jealous regardless!

@lilnessi I’m right there with you with the anxiety  FX it all goes beautifully!

@wabash15 what a PITA—glad it all got sorted out!

@peachy0709 I had no idea you had to test that much with GD! 

Due date/W+D:  8/21 9+0

Age? 37

FTM/STM/TTM, etc?: STM (DD is almost 3)

Any appointments? Questions?: next appointment is Monday

Rants/Raves?: It’s not even 8pm and I’m in bed! 

Any specific AMA concerns? Sooo anxious about the possibility that we may lose this one after a year of trying. Everything has looked great so far but it’s so hard not to worry  

: Are you a fan of Valentine's Day? Do you do anything special or exchange gifts each year? I’m kind of indifferent about Valentine’s Day. We do cards (and get them for DD) and then usually dinner or brunch sometime around Valentine’s Day because I love any excuse to eat delicious food. DD’s birthday is February 12th so the whole time around it is pretty fun. 

• Options

@purplg8r and other insomniacs: YES today I woke up at 2:30 am, like, for the day. I was so tired and frustrated  

@peachy0709 yesterday I fell down a long internet hole of reading about second pregnancies and GD, and it’s definitely not guaranteed! I am praying for our pancreas and placentas. I read a study that found that the two biggest factors were whether the first GD baby was macrosomatic (like 10 lbs?), and the weight of the mom when conceiving pregnancy #2 (apparently over 190 lbs starting point was the number that really tipped the risk). That gave me the tiniest glimmer of hope since neither applies to me but I definitely don’t want to get my hopes up!

Due date/W+D: Aug 16 / 9w5d

Age? 36

Any appointments? Questions?: I had the intake phone call appointment with the regular OB yesterday and did have the “you are now an elderly pregnant lady” talk lol. This week I will stop by for some initial blood draws, and then I go back on Tuesday to review results and have an US (and do my NIPT blood draw since I'll be over 10 weeks then)

Rants/Raves?: Because (like @peachy0709) I have a GD re-diagnosis on the brain, I've been super disciplined with exercising at least an hour of cardio a day, so I'm pretty stoked about that. 

Any specific AMA concerns? Not particularly!

GTKY: Are you a fan of Valentine's Day? Do you do anything special or exchange gifts each year? I am on board with any excuse to have an extravagant meal! We don't go out because it's such a busy restaurant night, but we DO like to go all super-traditional with our home meal and have a classic steakhouse + chocolate dessert meal. DH normally gets me flowers.

• Options

Due date/W+D: 8/11; 10 weeks 4 days

Age? 36

Rants/Raves?: When I’m pregnant, apparently I crave fruit.  I just want to eat fruit all the time.  It’s starting to get expensive  

GTKY: Are you a fan of Valentine's Day? Do you do anything special or exchange gifts each year?

Hate it.  My husband likes to do a little something but he knows I refuse to go out and pay the V Day upcharge. So usually we’ll go to dinner a few days before or after. 

• Options
    @mwmiller4 I think a lot of us struggle with those worries. FFTC I even ultrasounded my self super quickly just to make sure the baby was doing OK this week at work. I am nervous for my NT scan, I just want everything to look ok.

@cato99 sorry your in the insomnia club too. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• Options
    @mwmiller4 - I don't know if it's just my crappy genes, but I could not keep my insulin levels in check without medication.  It's interesting because I have none of the factors @cato99 mentions - my first was under 10 lbs, I'm average BMI, but I had it BAD with my second.  Like to the point that the three hour test was a courtesy because they knew I was going to have it.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @mwmiller4 We are going to San Diego.  Not a warm weather beach vacation, but the weather looks perfect for being outside and enjoying the sights. 

Have any of you ladies struggling with insomnia tried unisom? I have been taking it every night and it helps a lot.  
  • Options

Due date/W+D: 8/1 12 weeks!

Age? 35

Any appointments? Questions?: nuechal screening tomorrow

Rants/Raves?: Just found out I have to attend an outdoor function, black tie attire, in July when I’ll be 36 weeks pregnant. Oh and it’s in the South so will be hot and humid as you know what. That should be illegal.

GTKY: Are you a fan of Valentine's Day? Do you do anything special or exchange gifts each year? WE arent big Hallmark Holiday people. However, DH does get flowers every year for both me and DD.

BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Options
    @olivemomma I'd be looking for every excuse possible not to go to that!
  • Options
    @olivemomma already has an excuse.  She'll be 36 weeks pregnant.  Don't do it (unless you want to, of course).
  • Options
    @mkrel I’ve been taking unisom for a week now (and b6 when I remember). Not sure it’s helped with MS but I’m no longer up at 12:45 for the day. I highly recommend it! It was getting nearly impossible to function at work between the exhaustion and the nausea. The only side effect I’ve had is some constipation but it’s worth it to not be a GIANT bitch to everyone at the drop of a hat. My midwife suggested it when I was pregnant with DD but I didn’t want to take it out of stubbornness (and I was on summer vacation so naps weren’t an issue—plus I didn’t have a toddler asking “mommy want to play trains? Run fast? Build a house?” constantly)