July 2019 Moms

Miscarriage fears

This is our first pregnancy and I am currently 11 weeks. I have an amazing doctor who is being very proactive with this pregnancy by monitoring my progesterone closely since I have PCOS and low progesterone levels. I am on supplemented progesterone. 
But even though I had two perfect ultrasounds, I can't shake the fear of miscarriage. The more people I tell about my pregnancy, the more I feel that fear. I am so afraid to loose this precious baby that we prayed so much for. 
Has anyone delt with this kind of worry? What helped? Any suggestions? 

Re: Miscarriage fears

• This is very common! I spent my whole first pregnancy like that. I dont have any words of wisdom to get over it, because I was the same way, but wanted to let you know it is completely normal. Hugs!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @antony17 I’m sorry you’re feeling this way and you’re definitely not alone. It’s hard to love something so much and worry. It gets a little
    easier as you get further along, especially once you feel baby move regularly. Hang in there momma! Soon baby will be in your arms and you’ll have a whole new list of things to worry about.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's such a helpless feeling, huh? I lost my first baby and spotted with my second for a week. I was sure it was going to happen again. I don't know your beliefs, but I found I just had to leave it in God's hands! We can only do so much to keep our babies safe. Inside or outside the womb! Also if it's any consolation, if you've had good ultrasounds and seen or heard the heartbeat there's much less risk of a miscarriage! 
  • Thank you @kingdommom! Yes, my husband and I are both devout christians. He prays over my belly every evening which gives me great peace and joy. I had 2 ultrasounds (7 and 9 weeks) and both looked perfect; perfect heartbeat and measuring right on the mark. That does make me feel better. I guess this is just the time to pray, trust and surrender! 
  • @antony17 So glad to hear it😊 We gave our first the middle name Faith because we sure needed a lot of it! When I had an early ultrasound with her because of the spotting, I was so scared. Are you familiar with the sonh "My Lighthouse" by Rend Collective? It was fairly new back then and it came on the radio in the car on the way to the ultrasound. I'll never forget the words "You are my peace in a troubled sea". I clung to those words! When we saw her little heart beating we just knew everything would be ok! She is four years old now. Perfectly healthy and smart as a whip😊 Praying everything goes well for you! Just keep the faith and try not to worry!
  • For me, I really love facts and figures. And one of the things that helped me was that after week 12, the risk for loss is 2%. That is incredibly good odds. So hopefully as you finish out this week, and know that things are looking perfect in there, you can have some respite from your fears. 
    Also, it sounds like your doctor is doing everything needed to ensure all is good, too. And I agree wholeheartedly that you should leave the rest of it to Him. 
  • I have no good advice...I have the same fears. I have had 3 missed miscarriages in the last 6 years and am 42 years old and even though I have seen the heartbeat 2 times in my OB’s office and o Che at the hospital I still can’t shake the feeling of doom. I know part of it is because I had no real signs of miscarriage when I had them, my body just proceeded as normal. My OB told me that I have made it way past the point I had the other times(just seeing the heartbeat, but I never had growth past 6wks with those) and that helped a little. 

I haven’t found anything that works for longer than a day or so at a time! But I am trying to leave it in God’s hands...
  • Coming from the IF board and having pcos as well i feel you. I dont think there is anything that will totally ease your mind. I start to feel less anxious omce i can feel movement.  Even then, when thw baby is still "too long" i get worried. Just know that its ok to be worried. I have had enough  worry and anxiety going through almost 2 years of fertility treatment  to last a lifetime.  I know have a two year old boy  and a little girl on the way. Once you see their face all the anxiety means nothing and you are ready to do it all again.
  • We've started telling more people and are about to go public, and it's triggered a whole new round of miscarriage/stillbirth/other issues fears. The fact I'm midway through week 14 and literally heard LO's 150s heartbeat today and have seen LO on US 3x is helping the sane part of my brain, but the illogical anxiety part, no doubt aided by hormones, is REALLY convincing. Anyone else?
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @greeneyedgirl12 same boat... I was up all night googling stillbirth facts and symptoms.... I’m 15 weeks and still haven’t told anyone except our parents and my two closest friends. And I refuse to talk about it with anyone. I seriously think I need therapy or something. Shouldn’t I just be excited by now? And not so scared!
  • @mommyof4_1 missed miscarriages are terrible. It has messed with my head so badly. I hope you find peace soon (for longer than a day), but I’m right there with you.... excited on the day I see the baby then the next day the worries come back.
  • @pregnant_and_paleo I told my husband we could tell MORE people (he needs to tell some work people, and slightly extended family) but I want to wait a little longer to go full/social media public...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mommyof4_1 Yaaayy!! It’s ’m so glad your appointment went well! That’s so great! And also- not weird at all. I grew up in an extremely religious family but my views on religion and spirituality have changed as I’ve gotten older... i think that’s a very nice way to seek comfort when you aren’t sure what/who else is out there to hear you. 
  • I've never experienced loss so I can't speak on that but lately I've been having the worst nightmares that my baby is still born or something is wrong and I just keep reminding myself they're just nightmares and my baby's okay and I can't change anything about this process but eat, drink, rest and get a lot of sleep. The rest is up to the universe and my body to keep going as its designed to.

I pray we all see the end of our pregnancy and have healthy babies!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @babyginjuly those kind of dreams are the worst!! Hopefully you don’t have any more  <3