March 2019 Moms

Symptoms - January

Re: Symptoms - January

• @mayoduck I don't know that they are always noticeable. With my first I noticed some starting around this time but with this one I noticed them in early December starting. I do have to say when I went into labor with DD1, I didn't even know I was in early labor. If I wasn't hooked up because I was induced, I wouldn't have paid much attention or realized contractions were 5 minutes apart. That was even after being able to feel some BH during pregnancy. I'm sure everyone is different.
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • @kristimh80 yes on the super intense and weird dreams... Have woken up more than once wondering what the heck that dream was about!

• Loading the player...
  • @kristimh80 thanks. I am about to cruise through Kroger pharmacy after lunch to see what they might have to help. I have a presentation at lunch and I look visibly physically uncomfortable so this should be interesting!  

As as far as dreams go - mine are normally wierd, and I've had a couple really strange ones here and there but nothing recently!

@flyingmombula I don't. Do those help?  My biggest problem is at work, I am in an open office environment and don't know how much I want to make this awesome problem super obvious to my coworkers by sitting on a donut. 😔
  • Well, my stretch marks are officially getting noticeable again... Didn’t get them until the very end of my first pregnancy - and then my tummy looked like it caught fire with lovely red stretch mark “flames” wrapping around the bottom half of my bump. They’re already red again and possibly have a few more... Guess it was inevitable.
  • @lelkcot I have 3 new stretch marks starting at the edges of the old ones, despite all the oil and tummy butter I'm using daily :disappointed: The old ones are still faded in color though, and I hope they stay that way! 
    The price we have to pay for creating life...

• I can't quite tell if I'm getting new stretch marks or not. Maybe? My belly button is super close to popping out. Way closer to it than it was last time (it never did pop out last time). I'm hoping it doesn't because I really hate the popped out belly button look through clothes. :/
  • @mihaelams1 mine had faded pretty well prior to this pregnancy, but are definitely showing back up at this point... 
    @lovesclimbing my belly button popped at the end of my first pregnancy and was never the same... between that and the stretch marks, I’ve officially given up bikinis! 😂🤷‍♀️
  • I have new purpley stretch marks under my belly button and some on my hips. I hope they fade! 
  • I never had stretch marks with my first pregnancy until the day AFTER labor. What kind of nonsense is that? I haven’t seen any this time around, but I also can no longer see below my belly button, so who really knows what’s happening down there...

Not sure if this belongs in “randoms” or “symptoms” but my midwife told me I was anemic a few weeks ago and to start supplementing my iron. I cannot believe what a difference this has made. My numbers weren’t even that low, but now with the supplement I am firing on all cylinders! I have so much energy. I really wish I had started iron pills sooner. I thought it was just regular pregnancy fatigue, but apparently it was anemia. I’m back! 
  • I already had stretch marks from my first, so i haven't really paid much mind, only to notice that i now have them on the bottom, of my stomach going into the tops of my thighs...so thats awesome. I dont mind the stretch marks either way...but SO keeps saying he's gonna get me some cocoa butter. *Shrug* sure, as long as he rubs it on me LOL i'm not doing anything extra. They don't bother me. 
  • mamakate1616mamakate1616 member
    edited January 2019
    +1 for random reduced leg hair growth. Can’t see / don’t care to look if thats true elsewhere  :D

I take a cranberry supplement (azo) to ward off UTI like pain. If I skip it a few days it comes back.  

I also have new stretch marks and my old ones are more visible. The new ones are above my belly button and stretch up high it’s weird. My button is also very close to popping out (didn’t happen with DD). I finally tried the sample of the palmers cocoa butter massage lotion for stretch marks, felt sooo good I immediately placed a Shipt order so I could come home to some the next day.

Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • @BuckeyeNut05 I think they're supposed to really help with comfort level. & how noticeable can it be if you're sitting on it? :D just blame it on general pregnancy woes. This is the one I was looking at-- https://www.amazon.com/DONUT-TAILBONE-PILLOW-Hemorrhoid-Cushion/dp/B01LSR1FD4

SaveSave
  • @maggiemadeit I mentioned I'm taking desiccated liver pills instead of the regular iron supplements but I've also noticed an increase in energy and I can only assume it's from increased iron levels. It's a great feeling!
  • @mayoduck idk why but i laugh every time i read 'desiccated liver pills' :D

SaveSave
  • @dtspmama yes on the unquenchable thirst!! It’s horrible! Esp because then I constantly have to run to the restroom! 
  • I also have quite a few new stretch marks. Mostly under my belly button. I didn’t notice new ones last time, like someone else mentioned, until after I delivered. Oh well. The ones I got 5 years ago faded really well, so just hope for the same this time. Can’t control it. 
    Dx: Non-IR PCOS
    Baby Girl K #1 Born 3/8/14
    Baby Girl K #2 EDD 3/3/19
  • @flyingmombula haha! Well, extra iron energy + amusement factor = double win!  :D
  • @BuckeyeNut05 omg that sounds terrible  :# ...another postpartum thing you might try now (it really helped me last time around) is a padsicle.. it’s a maxi pad with witch hazel, aloe Vera, and a drop of lavender oil that you put in the freezer. Very soothing and helps with the swelling. Hope your doc can give you some relief! And definitely try the donut, it will at least take some pressure off!

SaveSave
  • mihaelams1mihaelams1 member
    edited January 2019
    @BuckeyeNut05 I'm sure I'm asking the obvious, but just checking: did you try Prep H cream and witch hazel wipes? I had two instances so far this pregnancy when I needed their help, and after a few days in both cases the pain went away. It was funny because I bought them from BuyBuy Baby after a 1h drive there in which sitting in the car felt like the worst torture. I also asked my midwife, she said they are ok to use.

ETA: witch hazel wipes instead of toilet paper
  • @flyingmombula and @mihaelams1 thanks!  I just left the OB and apparently I have a really bad thrombosed hemorrhoid. I got prescribed something lovely, called a "rectal rocket" and got sent home from work until Monday to use them and strictly lie down so this thing can heal. He said unfortunately the sitz, prep h, witch hazel, etc wouldn't come close to helping this one with as bad as it is. In the meantime I am dreading having to use the bathroom (since I took a whole bunch of fiber and stool softener yesterday) before I shove this lovely thing up my butt. 
  • @BuckeyeNut05 acupuncture can help, too! Here is a picture of some acupuncture points specifically for hemorrhoids that you can self massage to get you through the day. Er Bai are the 2 you want in this picture, and they will probably be a bit tender.
    https://goo.gl/images/kZGVRM
  • @abbykwail You might have mentioned this in the non-med thread, but I'm interested in using accupressure during labor. Since we're on the topic now, are there any specific points you'd suggest to use for dealing with contractions? I can move this over to the non-medicated birth thread too if you'd prefer.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • @BuckeyeNut05 omg I’m so sorry. That sounds miserable. I hope it heals quickly!!!

SaveSave
  • Thanks all!  @abbykwail I will give those a try while "Grant" and I spend some quality time with my rectal rocket this afternoon!  😊
  • @BuckeyeNut05 Lol! That sounds like it should be a fun, wild and sexy afternoon but we know better.
  • @BuckeyeNut05 Silver lining, you have a real dr note to veg out and rest for a few days! Hopefully, that'll help everything heal. I always joke, you know it's true love when they will do these things for us! lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @BuckeyeNut05 so sorry you’re in so much pain, hope the stuff from the doctor helps quickly! Have to say, I giggle a little every time I read “rectal rocket”, sounds like a much wilder afternoon than you’re actually gearing up for!
  • @BuckeyeNut05 - bahahaha at rectal rocket! That’s quite the picture. Hope it all helps it heal quickly. That sounds awful. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @meggyme I have a pdf packet that I usually share with mamas and partners around this time. I can post it in the nonmedicated thread, I think (although I haven't posted anything other than pictures before!) 
  • That would be amazing @abbykwail! I’m really intrigued by acupressure as a pain relief measure and so far have only read blog posts about it.
  • @BuckeyeNut05 ugh so sorry to read about your issues with “Grant”. I “commonly” get them because of IBS but sounds like this is more extreme than anything I’ve dealt with! Hope you get relief soon! 
  • edited January 2019
    @meggyme I will look for it tomorrow on my computer (currently on my phone!) 
  • In addition to just being really uncomfortable, I’m starting to develop hemorrhoids. Plus I woke up at 4:00 with the beginnings of a UTI. So that’s super fun. I have a call in to my PCP’s after hours line, they will usually just call in a script for something like this. Fingers crossed they get back to me soon, I am so uncomfortable right now.
  • @gowenc if you think you’re getting a uti it might be worth calling your OB. Mine would have me come in for symptoms related to that I think just to make sure everything looks ok. 

SaveSave
  • @flyingmombula I took a home test kit and it was positive, so my PCP is calling in a prescription. I’ll give the midwife a call too, right now just focused on finding a pharmacy that has the antibiotics in stock.
  • @gowenc ugh I'm sorry!  That sounds terrible. UTIs are so very painful. I hope your prescription kicks in soon and you're able to get some relief!
  • I mentioned it earlier but I will add that Azo tabs are a lifesaver! I find they help keep UTIs away and help reduce the pain really quick. 

My my poor feet are so swollen they feel like they’re going to pop and even my slippers are too tight :'(
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • @mamakate1616 the first thing I did once I did the urine test was take an azo!