March 2019 Moms

PGAL check in, week of 1/16-1/22

1. How many weeks are you?

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally?

3. Any appointment updates.

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. GTKY- are you sharing the baby’s name? Or keeping it to yourself? Or maybe you haven’t decided on a name?

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

Re: PGAL check in, week of 1/16-1/22

• 1. 31+4

2. Physically: pregnant and big.
    Mentally: I know this lo needs to cook longer, but I will feel better once it's out and in my arms after our freakout yesterday.

3. Yesterday went in for a quick check-up. Turned into a three hour event. I'm greatful that I saw the NP yesterday, who I really like. The doppler was reading 110, but the heartrate sounded faster and did a small dip. So I then was sent to have an NST. During the NST, they look usually for activity, which lo did without a problem, but there were also multiple times in that 20 minutes that the heartrate dropped into the 90-80 range. So we were then sent to triage for more monitoring and to check fluid levels. All was well for those, so we were discharged. 
    Next appt/ growth scan Thursday (24th).

4. Raving how far this pregnancy has gotten.
    Not really a question, but as this is the only pregnancy that has gotten this far, reality has set in of bringing a baby home and I still feel unprepared.
    Rant: due to the super long appt, I still need to make my Feb appts and I don't know if I need to start having regular NST's. 

5. GTKY: we aren't sharing. We have both picked aandtold family, no matter the gender, it will start with N. Also, we have two different non-gender neutral names. So at the baby shower, they thought it'd be fun to guess. Our 9 year old niece was the only one who guessed the boy name. We didn't tell them that though. As predicted, no one guessed the girl name as it is different.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Loading the player...
  • @karatepickles finding daycares is so stressful. I can only imagine how hard it would be in a major populated area. My SL increased too all bc I changed the due date! 

@Kenneylynn3 that sounds stressful, I am glad everything went good though and sounds like baby is okay. 

33 Weeks today

slight aches and pains, overall better than I expected at this point. Mentally I’m doing okay still, this morning I had a slight freak out but little miss just decided to have a lazier day than normal. 

I started my weekly visits this week. I go every Monday to see my MFM doc and regular OB. My MFM doc will do a biophysical ultrasound to make sure miss is doing what she’s supposed to. :)

How many have already ordered their breast pump? 

5. GTKY- are you sharing the baby’s name? Or keeping it to yourself? Or maybe you haven’t decided on a name?

we weren’t going to tell anyone, but that didn’t last. We’ve had mostly good reactions. My male cousin was the only one who wasn’t a fan. He likes the middle name better. We decided on Parker Elizabeth. 

We have two sleeping beauties in heaven.
    Jack gained his wings on 09/02/2016. 
    Kali gained her wings on 07/28/2015.
    They will be forever missed. <3
       Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • oneday2019oneday2019 member
    edited January 2019
    32 weeks 3 days
    Good most days!  Mentally trying not to get ahead of myself.  I know these last few weeks will fly by *hopefully*
    I started my biweekly appts.  It feels like I've waited forever to get here.  Excited to see him twice a week.
    I started packing the diaper bag for the hospital and I feel like I have way too much stuff but there are so many things I want him to wear that are meaningful.  
    We shared the name with all of our family.  I'm keeping it a surprise for my work.  Callen Morgan 😊
    @karatepickles with our first we signed up with a home daycare.  I was about 7 months pregnant when she closed!  It was such a panic to find a place.  I'm sorry you are in those shoes!  The daycarea in our area are so competitive, people get on list before they are pregnant.  
  • @oneday2019 I love the name Callen!

• @bdesterhouse I ordered mine through edgepark. It's like aeroflow. They will put the order through on the 12th.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • @3rdtime_charmed I know what you mean by associating the names with the babies. Might not be completely the same as you, and I have gotten better at this.  I still every once in awhile catch myself calling this little girl my angel’s name. Thankfully it’s only ever been to my husband or myself, and not to anyone who could get all judgmental with me. 

• @3rdtime_charmed glad things are better and you can approach as a team. That almost always helps lessen the burden.

As far as having a difficult time using their names, I'm right there with you. I know some might say it's because we aren't finding out the sex, but that's not it. I can't quite figure out why though. I feel the lo move all the time, but sometimes its difficult to wrap my head around the fact that it's a baby in there that will be here in no time.

• @karatepickles - student loan payments are the worst. Sorry you got such crappy news right now! Hope the childcare plan A works out!

omg, @Kenneylynn3, how scary! I'm glad that you got checked and everything was OK. 

@bdesterhouse - glad little miss just decided to have a lazy day! I did order my breast pump already. I was able to get mine at the end of December. My insurance worked with Aeroflow so I just ordered the Spectra and let them handle it. I had it in two weeks. If your insurance works with a bigger supplier like Aeroflow or Edgepark, I'd say go ahead and order. They'll hold it if they can't ship it right away due to insurance regulations (they held mine for a few days) but it's something you could cross off your list. 

@oneday2019 - wow, you started your diaper bag already? Lady, you're on top of things! I think I might have an outfit picked out for him to wear home, but I have almost no clothes for this LO. Our shower's in a couple weeks and I don't know if we'll get something cuter I'll want him to wear. :lol: 

@beachbaby0523 - I can't believe you're undertaking a remodel right now! You guys are so brave. GL with the mental load, I know it can be a lot! We bought/painted/did some design work on our house this summer and I thought it was a lot. Plus, I just love your LO's name! What a sweet way to honor your late BIL. 

@3rdtime_charmed - I'm sorry you had such a crappy week last week! I really empathize - DH not being engaged really throws off my mental state, and all the pregnancy changes on top of feeling overwhelmed/alone doesn't make for a happy catlady who handles things well. I really hope your dog isn't actually sick and the car just needs a tune-up, but all this is so much easier to deal with when YH is working with you! :heart:

1. How many weeks are you? 30+1

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Physically the SPD pain is kicking my butt. Off today to get a bigger yoga ball (I have a 55cm one for exercise, i'm a shortie) and it's not comfortable for sitting/some of the exercises. Mentally, I look at all the baby stuff that has actually made it into my house and it just doesn't seem real that in ten weeks our LO will be here. I looked at the rock 'n play in my living room this morning and I just couldn't picture a baby in there for some reason. I have absolutely no reason to think that there is anything wrong with this LO and he won't come home with us (he keeps moving and i haven't noticed any changes) but I just can't picture him in baby equipment at the house. 

3. Any appointment updates. Next appt Monday, need to ask about the tdap. my provider hasn't mentioned it yet and I really need to get that soon. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? DH and I have been a bit at odds lately. He's frustrated we aren't having sex more often (maybe 5 times this whole pregnancy), and I'm frustrated that I'm not getting the emotional support I need when I have my inevitable pregnancy meltdowns. One of our cats is completely neurotic (like the sight of our other cats and the sound of cardboard freaks her out) and I couldn't even touch her one night. She screamed the most awful scream and I just lost it. But he just blew it off like it was no big deal and I cried about it for over 30 minutes. We talked a little bit about it last night (he was actually really sweet and reassuring the other night and it helped me want sex a lot more) and I hope we're back on the same page. 

5. GTKY- are you sharing the baby’s name? Or keeping it to yourself? Or maybe you haven’t decided on a name? We've shared the baby's name with some family. He'll be named for two dear friends of DH's who have since passed (one when DH was in middle school, and one who passed away in 2017). The names are older and even if someone "stole" one, we would use them for the sentimental value. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 I just got my tdap shot this appt at 33 Weeks but from what I’ve read they like to give it between 30 and 32 weeks. Just a warning, don’t freak if the injection site is red slightly swollen I guess it’s a normal side effect. I texted my nurse friend freaking out last night that I was possibly having an allergic reaction.

• @Kenneylynn3 that's such a stressful experience! I hope the rest of your appointments are low-key.

@bdesterhouse I haven't ordered my pump yet. When I asked at the 28 week appointment, I was told it was too early. I am going to ask for the prescription next week at the 32 week appointment. 

@oneday2019 omg! I can't even imagine having a day care plan and having it close! Thanks for the encouragement. I am hopeful it will work out; it is just not having the plan set, as a type-A planner, that is causing me the most stress. I also try to keep in mind things change all the time -- kids drop out, families move, etc. 

@beachbaby0523 You are totally a rock star working so much in the third tri, while planing renos! I hope you find some r&r time to destress. I am a lawyer for state govt and am trying to cut out as much as possible by the end of February. I will be keeping you in my thoughts as you go through the trial! We also finally signed up for the CPR and hospital tour for mid-February. 

@3rdtime_charmed I'm really glad to hear your appointment went well. I know you needed that. I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly with DH being engaged and that your dog feels better. 

@catlady2015 I feel the exact same way that you described about the baby equipment. Sometimes I go into baby's room and just look at all of the stuff and have a hard time picturing baby girl. The kicks and movements are reassuring, and I try to remind myself that she could make it if born today. <3 
  • thanks @bdesterhouse! I definitely wanted to put it on the radar at this next appt. My OB didn't do the flu shot in office, so just in case they don't do TDAP either i can get it done at the right time. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @karatepickles I feel you on the child care stress! The in home daycare we’ve used for DS is closing and we have to figure out something for both kiddos! It’s definitely stressful!

@kenneylynn3 I think it’s so sweet that your niece guessed one of the names!

@bdesterhouse I definitely get stressed too whenever baby girl has a long quiet stretch.

@oneday2019 super impressed you’re getting the diaper bag put together!

@beachbaby0523 good luck with all the house stuff! That’s a bunch to get done while pregnant!

@3rdtime_charmed I’m so sorry you’ve been having such a tough time, but I’m glad to hear YH is reengaged. It’s definitely so much easier to tackle things when you feel like your SO is with you. Hopefully your pup is just acting out and not sick, and your car can be fixed easily.

@catlady2015 I got tdap at my 31 week appointment. And I’m with you on not quite being able to picture baby girl in her nursery. Even knowing how close we’re getting to her arrival date and that everything has been going smoothly, I still can’t picture holding her.

1. How far along are you? 32+2

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Had a few days of pretty intense pelvic girdle pain recently, but have seen major improvement with some specific exercises and support bands, so doing much better. Mentally doing pretty good since I’m feeling lo move relatively regularly.

3. Any appt updates? Next appointment is Tuesday.

4. Rants/raves/questions? Rant: DS has a sinus infection and has been extra cranky/tantrumy this week because of it. Just hoping all the meds he’s on actually gets him feeling better.

5. GTKY- are you sharing the baby’s name? Or keeping it to yourself? Or maybe you haven’t decided on a name? We’re sharing, although DH seems to be hedging on the middle name when we share, despite the fact that we’ve ordered her monogram to go above the crib already. 

• 1. How many weeks are you? 30 weeks

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Mentally, checked out! I feel like I'm already counting down the days til done with working. Physically, not too bad. Getting comfortable sleeping as been a challenge and round ligament pain is flaring back up again this week. 

3. Any appointment updates. Nothing til next Friday's growth scan.

4. Rants/raves/questions? We finally booked our baby moon, so looking forward to that. Though, I kinda wish we had gone earlier.

5. GTKY- are you sharing the baby’s name? Or keeping it to yourself? Or maybe you haven’t decided on a name? Yes, close family all knows the name. We are using MH's late brother that passed middle name as our daughter's middle name. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• 1. How many weeks are you? 33 +2 today

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Physically...I've been better. There's more in the symptoms tab but long story short I've spent the past 2 days at home with something called a "rectal rocket" if that is any indication...
    Mentally I am A-OK!  

3. Any appointment updates. Baby's HB was fine yesterday, I have my 34 week appointment on Tuesday. 

Rant: thrombosed hemorrhoids are more painful than my c-section recovery 
    Rave: since I was told to take the rest of Thur and all of Fri off work, I slept for 10 hours last night and took a 2 hour nap on Thursday afternoon! 

If we had a name, we would not mind sharing. However, our team green baby remains unnamed. We at least made a short list over Christmas break, but no front runner. I'd like to use a family name for a middle name. Ann is for sure our girl middle name, family middle names have gotten tricky for boys. None that are close in relation that we like, and as we dig deeper (great-great grandparents) it gets weird and very Danish. Like "Levert" weird.  
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 30+5

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Physically - slow and tired. Mentally - I am pretty good. I still have occasional worries about delivering a healthy baby, but the further along I get the better I feel. 

3. Any appointment updates? I had my 30
    week on Monday and all was good. Next appt is 32 week ultrasound. Excited to see my little guy again!!

4. Rants/raves/questions? Still trying to get this GD under control. I started insulin on Wednesday and I hope it starts working soon! 

We are keeping it to ourselves. We actually have 2 with one we are leaning toward more. I want something to be a surprise when he is born! 
  • @bdesterhouse I haven’t ordered my breast pump yet either. I plan to ask at my 32 week. 

@catlady2015 MH proposed sex yesterday and got a very strong no from me. We are probably on par with you regarding the number of times we have had sex this pregnancy. He has been very patient about it though. I feel bad, but the last we did was just kind of uncomfortable. My belly gets in the way and I find myself worrying about doing something that may cause me pain. I feel super guilty about it though because he has been super amazing to me during this whole pregnancy. 

@diaphena Remind me what you do for a living. That’s super amazing that you will be able to stay home once baby is here! 

@kristimh80 Where are you headed on your baby moon? We were supposed to go on our mini baby moon this weekend, but had to postpone due to snow. 
  • @purpleteacher82 We are headed to Miami Beach for a night for MH's birthday, then going down to Key West the rest of the time. It was the closest thing to an island feel without Zika worries or having to be on an actual island. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @diaphena Good for you with your work notice! I can't decide when to tell mine when my last day is as well. I have this stupid guilty conscience, but I keep reminding myself it's not a secret I'm having a baby lol 

TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 That sounds fabulous!! I wish we could go somewhere warm!
  • 1. How many weeks are you? 34 weeks today

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Physically about the same as most of you. Achey, sore, have to pee a lot. I get very stiff when sitting for long periods of time and when I stand up and try to walk, I can barely move. Nothing outside of the norm though, so I’m grateful. Mentally pretty good... I waffle between not being able to believe that we’ll have a baby in our house in the next 6 weeks or so AND at the same time not being able to believe I have about 6 whole week left to go. Baby is low and I’m feeling it - feels like she’ll be here any day. I have to remind myself that she isn’t ready yet. 

3. Any appointment updates. Uneventful OB appointment this past week. Had a prenatal appointment with our doula and DH got to meet her. He liked her and is totally on board which is a relief. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? I’ve been feeling crampy and stiff today in my lower back and lower abdomen. It doesn’t feel like contractions or Braxton Hicks, just a general crampiness. Maybe I’m dehydrated? Has anyone else had this? I’m sure it’s normal but baby has actually been quiet today and not moving as vigorously as usual so I’m trying not to worry. I did lay down and do a kick count and got 10 (gentle, smaller) movements in 25 mins so that seems ok...

We are keeping it to ourselves. We will go to the hospital with 2 names (very strongly leaning toward one front runner) and will officially decide once she’s born 
  • @laur84ns - I had that feeling last week. I was definitely dehydrated so I had two glasses of super cold water and laid on my left side and that seemed to help. Maybe some stm’s can chime in, but would you be sensing less intense movements at 34 weeks since LO is running out of room? Feeling 10 movements in under 25 minutes is good, I was told to call if I didn’t feel 10 in 2 hours, and that rolls, etc. counted as well, not just kicks. 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 Thanks for the response. You’re likely right about the less intense movements as baby gets bigger. From what I remember with DD, toward the end I still had lots of movement but they were more rolls and jabs than big kicks. It’s gard
    to remember though as that was 2.5 years ago. I did have a few big glasses of water and having been peeing lots (basically clear) in the last two hours. Was hoping that’d help but it hasn’t really. Again, no alarming contractions but this achiness and low level
    cramping is frustrating and making me a bit cranky today. Glad I’m not the only one who has experienced it. Hopefully it goes away soon!
  • @purpleteacher82 I'm a mental health counselor and my job is in a walk-in clinic. So I do crisis work and also people's initial assessments, where I get them connected to their ongoing treatment. I've been there 3 years now and I was ready to move on anyway, so it just made sense for me to resign. I'm very glad I'll get some time at home with baby! My plan is to look for work again once he's 6 months.

@kristimh80 Technically I'm only required to give 30 days notice, but my HR person advised me to go ahead and do it so they can start early trying to find a replacement. I think I'll feel better too if I just go ahead and do it!
  • @purpleteacher82 “proposed sex” made me lol because it really summed it up. There doesn’t seem to be anything natural or normal about our relations. It’s just such a tough time for everyone!

We’ve had sex like four times, which is the longest dry spell we’ve ever had. I would be willing to try even though the last couple times we tried were pretty uncomfortable.

But now that I’m huge, my husband clearly thinks my pregnant body looks strange and he’s afraid to hurt me. And when I started contracting so early, even though the only official restriction we had was no nipple stimulation, he became completely hands off.

I know men experience our losses differently but for him, this is one of the only things he’s had control over and he’s had strong feelings that it’s just safer for the babies if we don’t have sex, even though I’m not sure that’s actually factual.

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

• @laur84ns I agree with what was said. I've had those as well and usually at a time I was busy and wasn't getting as much water in. I will say, when I want reassurance, I'll sit still and drink ice cold water to get LO moving some. I keep telling myself I better be careful to she's going to come out with pay backs.

@diaphena That's a great plan! I was talking this morning about it with MH and I think the 1st of March needs to be my last day as well. If nothing else, I like the idea of "nesting" and not having the stress of work. Honestly, I kind of wish this week was my last week lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @3rdtime_charmed Lol. I guess that is a funny way to put it. Even outside of pregnancy he isn’t very “smooth” in that department so he usuallly just asks. I haven’t had the heart to break it to him about how long it may be after birth before sex is on the table again. 😬
  • I told my husband we needed to go on a date before baby comes and he asked if it would be a sexless date. I told him if he plans the date, and maybe touches my butt I’d put out. Lol i’ll suck it up and put out if he plans a nice thoughtful date, bc that hasn’t happened in ten years.

• @bdesterhouse haha. I was just thinking about telling DW we need to go on a date before lo shows up.