March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 2 check-in w/o 1-14

Due date:

Appts? Questions:

Rants/Raves:

How are you feeling? 

GTKY: (copied week 1) What is your favorite children's book, either from when you were a child or one that you like to read to your kids now?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq

Re: Week 2 check-in w/o 1-14

• Options
    Due date:  3/12 (RCS scheduled for 3/7)

Appts? Questions:  Next appointment is next week.  No questions right now!

Rants/Raves:  I brought this up in the January symptoms thread, but I feel like this baby is about to fall out of me any time I stand up.  It's bizarre!  This is the first time I've had a baby actually turn into position, so I"m trying to get used to the feeling.

How are you feeling?  Big.  My back is starting to hurt and I know I need to limit the amount I pick up my other girls, but DD2 is going through a leap AND getting 3 molars so avoiding her picking up is challenging right now.

GTKY: I don't remember a favorite book from when I was really little, but my favorite book when I got to be around 4th grade was Bummer Summer by Ann M. Martin.  Right now my girls are really into the Pout Pout Fish, The Most Magnificent Thing, and Juno Valentine and the Magical Shoes.
  • Options

@dtspmama DS loved pout pout fish!

Due date: 3/12

Appts? Question?: Next appointment is next Tuesday. Questions: anyone dealing with pelvic girdle pain/spd and have good tips on managing it?

Rants/Raves: Rant: DS has woken up in the middle of the night the last two nights for no apparent reason and been super upset. Took a long time both nights to get him calm & back to sleep... I’m tired...

How are you feeling: my minor, if persists pelvic pain decided to upgrade itself to some pretty miserable flares mid-week last week. Seems to be responding to specific exercises, support bands when it’s flaring, and ditching heels. Hopefully it stays manageable.

GTKY: (copied week 1) What is your favorite children's book, either from when you were a child or one that you like to read to your kids now? I enjoyed the Bernstein Bears as a kid, and DS has been liking them as well!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @lelkcot I will sometimes roll towels up and put them under my hips to kind of dig in to the areas where I'm having pain.  It helps ease the pain a bit and makes my pelvis feel a bit "looser" (for lack of a better word).  
  • Options
    Due date: 3-16

1. My Friday appt I had to reschedule for tomorrow. I hope to get a lot of questions answered then from the np.

2. Rant: 3 people showed up to the baby shower after it was over. The only reason we were still there was to help clean up. For reference shower was at 11, most people left by 2. Two showed up at 3:30. We hung out with them to not be rude, which meant we were still there at 6, when we were about to leave another showed up. Caused a big argument and I left at 7 without DW. 

Rave: the actual shower was niniceand my college bf just left today.

3. The usual pregnancy symptoms. Exhausted from this weekend and ready to just have day to unwind.

GTKY: the true story of the three little pigs, where the wild things are, runaway bunny, plus many more.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @kennylynn1990 TF? I can't believe you stayed that long! That's rude. 

Due date: 3/15

Appts? Questions: Had one today. Protein in urine, carpal tunnel, and TDAP. Joy. 

Rants/Raves: My mom is still staying with us while they repair the damage to her house (tree fell on it last APRIL). I need her to GTFO so I can nest and deep clean in peace. 

How are you feeling? Grumpy. 

GTKY: (copied week 1) What is your favorite children's book, either from when you were a child or one that you like to read to your kids now? DS loves "I Howl, I Growl!" I loved the Mercer Mayer critter books when I was a kid. 

SaveSave
  • Options
    Due date: 3/16

Appts? Questions: one more week until my appointment. I'm considered low risk, so I still have to wait 4 weeks in between (but I'll take that any time over having a complicated pregnancy).

Rants/Raves: DS has been acting out more recently, not sure if it's because of the baby arrival or just because he's a threenager, but he's gotten very defiant and starting almost all the sentences with "I don't like X". I have to threaten to put away his trains or disassemble his train layout to make him listen. I actually followed up on the threat a week ago when he was pushing all my buttons, so he knows by now what it entails. 

How are you feeling? Pretty good actually, no major complaints. I hope it stays this way for longer. Got used by now to waking up every couple of hours to pee or switch sides. 

GTKY: (copied week 1) What is your favorite children's book, either from when you were a child or one that you like to read to your kids now? We have a pop-up book edition of The Night Before Christmas and I love reading it to DS. I hate reading the same books over and over again, but those in poem form make it more manageable, plus I like to play with intonation and different voices wherever possible. 
  • Options
    Due date: 3-12 

Appts? Questions:

32 week check in on Thursday. Lots of questions for doctor, mostly relating to birth plan kind of stuff, so I'm not sure if I should hold those until after we attend childbirth class in a few weeks. Doctor said we could talk about it any time, but just thinking maybe some of my questions might get answered in class...

Rants/Raves:

Rant: The claims associate we've been assigned for the water damage to our condo is totally worthless. He literally never answers his phone. Any time I've left a voicemail, he takes 24 hours to call back, if at all. And when we finally got tired of it and called the corporate number, they got him on the phone for us, and then he had the audacity to act like it was our fault things weren't moving forward. I was furious and contacted our local agent, who was incredibly helpful and understanding. She has been following up on everything from that point on, and things are finally getting done. She will be the only reason we don't leave our insurer after this.

Rave: A friend I used to work with heard about our situation from another friend, and has given DH and I her empty apartment to stay in during our renovations, since we're unable to stay in our place. She is truly my angel, having saved us from spending 2 weeks at my MIL's place. I could not be more grateful  <3

How are you feeling? 

Much better now that work is being done on our home. Water damage guys finished work today, and we had one contractor in to give us an estimate on repairs, and another coming on Wednesday. First contractor told us they could have the work done in 2 days, and could probably start within the week.  :)

GTKY: (copied week 1) What is your favorite children's book, either from when you were a child or one that you like to read to your kids now?

I was also a fan of the Berenstein bears growing up, but when I think about what I'm looking forward to reading LO, it's definitely Dr. Seuss books & Harry Potter when they're older
  • Options
    @Kenneylynn3 that is INSANE. Good for you for finally leaving!  And I hope you had a nice visit with your bf.

@flyingmombula you are a saint.  I would kill my mother if she was around for that long.

@mihaelams1 DD1 has been doing sort of the same thing. She freaks out any time I tell her she can't do something, then runs off and pouts to try and get attention.  I think it's because she knows that there will be even less attention on her after this baby comes (we're already devoting a lot of time to DD2 because of the teething/leap thing), and I do feel sort of bad for her, but it's driving me CRAZY.

@lucysmom2016 that is amazing!  There are really wonderful people in the world; it's so easy to forget that sometimes.  I'm glad you found somebody to work with at the insurance company, a safe (dry!) place to stay, and a contractor who seems to be on the ball!
  • Options
    @Kenneylynn3 are there any cultural things at play there? My DH’s cousin married someone from Peru and his family is notorious for showing up hours and hours late to parties (even kids birthday parties that definitely have expected time limits!). It caused some drama in the beginning because of the WTF factor but now it’s part of party planning for them lol. Sorry that happened though, definitely not something I would be cool with. 
    @flyingmombula yikes! Ditto @dtspmama
    My DD just turned 3 and is doing the same thing. We got the mobile up in the nursery and were organzing some things this weekend, she kept getting in the crib, fake baby crying, playing with bottles from the registry swag bags and INSISTED upon napping in the crib! Hoping it’s short lived but she has been upping the “I’m a baby” game for a couple months. 

Due date: 3/12

Appts/Questions: OB on Friday and MFM the 28th for another scan. Want to ask about the transition from lovenox to heparin and if I really have to do that vs just stopping the lovenox a day before RCS.

Rants/raves: had to spend about $800 on unplanned vet bills this weekend which was not fun, but my #1 kitty is all good so :smile:

GTKY: I fondly remember the B. Bears too but haven’t started those with DD yet. I love books by Julia Donaldson (eg. Gruffalo, Room on the Broom) - so fun to read aloud. I also enjoy reading books that have “I love you” messages/themes throughout (I love you, goodnight; if animals kissed goodnight; several from usborne) - they bring a sense of calm before bed and just make me happy. 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 it's nice to know we're all having similar issues with the older siblings!  I've been trying to remind DD1 that she's a big girl and she gets to go to school soon, and that's something ONLY she gets to do that her sisters won't get to do for a long time . . . it works for about 5 minutes then back to whining.  :D
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 I didn't even think of that. She is half Mexican, which I've heard they tend to do run late, but I have no experience with this, so please no one take it offensively.

She told DW 1.5 hours after the shower started that they were on there way, and DW tried to nicely tell her not to come then as it would be over by the time she got here, (2 hour drive) and she came anyway. The other said she couldn't come because she had to work until 4, but drove down afterwards even though it was still a 2 hour drive for her. Keep in mind there was 1 other person who was even farther away than them. They showed up about 30 minutes late.

Anyway, thanks for sympathizing with me ladies. Besides that, it was a nice shower. @flyingmombula @dtspmama @mamakate1616

• Options

@dtspmama thanks, I’ll have to try that!

@kenneylynn3 I don’t understand how people can think it’s ok to show up that late! I get that sometimes you just run late, but that’s frustrating, especially as YW told them not to! But glad it was a good event, late arrivals aside!

@flyingmombula hopefully they get your mom’s place fixed so you can get your house back... that’s a lot of togetherness!

@mihaelams1 we’ve been dealing with more defiance and tantrums from DS too. Don’t know how much is age related (he’s 3.5+) and how much is related to baby being on the way.

@lucysmom2016 yuck, so sorry you’re dealing with that stress. Hopefully repairs move quickly and thank goodness for such an awesome friend!

@mamakate2016 ugh, surprise big vet bills are so frustrating. But glad to hear kitty is ok!

• Options
    Due date: 3/12 with an eviction date by 2/26 (twins)

Appts? I had a growth u/s with MFM this past Thursday.  Babys are measuring 3lb 11 oz and 3lb 15 oz.  Baby A decided to flip breach when she has been head down :(  She needs to get her acrobatics on before I go into labor.  I can't remember if I shared this stuff last week.  I had an NST yesterday.  I hadn't realized that also comes with a brief u/s to check fluid levels, heart rate, and practice breathing.  I have those weekly now.  Next time I go to my regular OB is Jan 30th.  She sees no point in seeing me often since I'm constantly at MFM now.  I'm grateful for that.

Questions: None that I can think of.  The mom's of multiples thread has been dead and while I go to MFM, I am having a normal twin pregnancy without complications so I haven't really jumped into the high risk thread, even though I'm classified as that.  

Rants/Raves:  None

How are you feeling?   I guess when my back pain subsided it must have been when Baby A flipped.  Not sure which is better. an engaged head down baby that keeps me from a c-section, or a few weeks of back pain reprieve.

My favorite as a kid (really the only one I recall) is The Little Mouse The Big Hungry Bear and the Red Ripe Strawberry.  It is the first book I bought when my oldest daughter was born, but we seem to have lost it.

• Options
    @Pooka8 FX Baby A flips back in the next few weeks (maybe at the last minute, so your back continues to feel better :smile: )
  • Options
    Update: Had a regular appt yesterday that turned into a 3 hour appt. The heartbeat sounded faster than the doppler was reading. So I was sent to have an nst. During the 20 mins there were multiple times that the heartrate dropped into the 90's and 80's. So I was then sent to l&d triage for more monitoring and an us to check fluid levels. I was on the monitor for another 30 minutes and all seemed okay. Fluid levels looked great. I guess I'll know more at my next appt. My hospital tour is this weekend and then Thursday is my next appt.

• Options
    @Pooka8 hope she turns for you! The spinning babies inversion might be worth trying.
    @Kenneylynn3 yikes, sounds like a scary appointment, but at least ending with everything being ok? FX your next appointments gives you more information.
  • Options
    OMG @Kenneylynn3 that sounds like quite the scare. I'm so glad everything is ok and it sounds like you have a group of really great (and thorough) doctors and nurses watching over you and the baby.
  • Options
    @Pooka8 Hoping baby A turns for you. I'm getting more anxious about baby's position, looking forward to seeing what he or she is up to at our appointment tomorrow

@Kenneylynn3 Sorry you had to go through all that! Sounds like you are in good hands with your providers, and glad to hear that all is well. Will continue to send positive vibes for you and your family  <3

And thanks everyone for the positive vibes for my own family. We are so fortunate to have gotten the help we have, and I appreciate everyone's support  :)

Only update I have is that the auto shop guy says our car is a total loss (cost more to repair than it's worth), so waiting for the insurance to come check it out and hopefully cut us a check, and then it's on to car shopping
  • Options
    thedaint87thedaint87 member
    edited January 2019
    @Kenneylynn3 How scary!  Hopefully they can explain all the heart rate stuff at your next appointment or sooner. Glad that all seems to be well in the end though. 

@Pooka8 Love the Big Hungry Bear!  I need to find the copy from when I was a kid. I know I have it somewhere in storage. 

Due date: 3/10

Appts? Questions: Had my 32 week appt on Monday.  Everything is normal.  Just chugging along to my due date at this point. 

Rants/Raves: tried to get my TDAP at the Target minute clinic this morning. Between when I left and then I got there two other people had checked-in online and the with was 30ish minutes.  That would have been fine but then the wait time didn't change for the whole 30 minutes I sat there. I ended up walking out because I was going to be late for work if I stayed any longer. So now I have to go back some other time and get this darn shot that should literally take 2 minutes tops. 

How are you feeling? Physically, not too bad. Starting to get some back pain when I sit in one spot too long and it takes me an embarrassing amount of time to get up the stairs at work. 

One new one that DS loves is Press Here. There are directions on each page that "make" the dots change colors, grow and move around the page. He thinks it is hilarious. 
  • Options
    @thedaint87 I'm surprised your OB hasn't given you the TDaP.

• Options
    @Kenneylynn3 They don't do vaccines at my OBs office for some reason. I had to do the minute clinic with DS too. That would be much more convenient though!
  • Options
    @thedaint87 oh, that makes sense then