September 2019 Moms

FFFC* 1/11

Anything you need to get off your chest?  ;)

tom hanks fire GIF

*in case you're new here, not guarantee to be flame free!

Re: FFFC* 1/11

• I'll start... something tame.
    I've never read or seen any of the Harry Potter books/movies.  I also don't like Seinfeld, The Simpsons, stand up comedy, and I have no desire whatsoever to ever go to Disney.

Now please disclose your dirtiest secrets to a bunch of internet strangers!!
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited January 2019
    @RedBreast35 I can’t stand Seinfeld—nothing happens!!! I have been ostracized from many a convo for this admission, so thanks for sharing! I’m also with you on Harry Potter & the Simpsons, but you lost me at stand-up comedy. ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • LOL @RedBreast35 I share your lack of desire to ever go to Disney (I was a Loony Toons girl) but the rest of your stuff is just...wrong ;) How can anyone not love Harry Potter??

My confession is that my last alcoholic drink was a cider at a happy hour on Tuesday and I had a feeling it would be my last drink but it tasted like piss, and I'm really bitter about it. Especially because DH is so ridiculous about me even having a TASTE of alcohol while pregnant. 
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• I’ve already ordered two maternity dresses... in my defense they are adorable and on clearance and I will have to have a pretty strong maternity wardrobe for work 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• @leksiL I also love me a good cider so your description that your last drink “tasted like piss” made me spit out my water with laughter! Sorry you couldn’t enjoy it. 

My confession is that I’m usually pretty relaxed about drinking during pregnancy; I’ve been known to have a few sips of bubbly or cider about once a month in prior pregnancies. However, this current pregnancy is so new & I'm feeling so cautious that I feel guilty for the alcohol-free wine I sipped the other night. “Those days are gone.” 
  • @keikilove I don't think having a sip of alcohol or even a glass of wine during pregnancy is an issue in super moderation. I also enjoy sushi, etc. But my DH is "safety dad". He followed Bells around the house with a pillow when she was learning to scoot. It's not important enough for me to made an issue out of. But I have thought of having one nice beer this week he is gone hahaha.

Also drinking related I brought a bottle of prosecco to the hotel to enjoy after having Bells but obviously had no idea what I was in for (cesarean) and did not have any alcohol for three more months because it made me totally sick.
    Married Jan 2008 

• @leksiL Did we marry the same person?! I LOL-ed at the image of your hubby following baby with a pillow! My guy is very similarly “safety dad”. It’s cute but annoying. 
  • @keikilove don't even get me started! I let Bells roam free at the playground but he is quite the helicopter. We've had the safety vs. confidence and skill building conversation way too many times :) I'm so curious to find out how he is with #2, especially if it is a boy. 
    Married Jan 2008 

• @keikilove and @leksiL I too married a "safety dad". It's quite adorable when it doesn't make me want to pull my hair out. 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• I hope this LO is a boy because I am really worried about how DD will adjust to a baby sister. I think she would do much better with a brother. 😬😬😬