Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Weds 1/16

**This is a thread that welcomes all regardless of where they are at in their TTC journeys. Please be mindful of topics that are discussed that could be hurtful to those going through tough times. Mention of children or pregnancies of others should have a TW and be in a spoiler if possible, and only be mentioned if it is extremely pertinent to the conversation. Thanks for keeping this a safe place for us all to engage!** 

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Typical LP length: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q:

Re: TWW Weds 1/16

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @cdnrunning congrats on the temp rise!I worked late yesterday and didn't have time to respond but your dog crew sounds amazingly cute
    @jennifer_louise it happens sometimes, some days are better than others but sounds like you've quickly found a sunny spot :) 
    @sevenn sorry about the BFN, FX still though

Month/Cycle: 4/5
    CD/DPO: 15/2ish
    Timing: not sure but hopefully good (BD'ed every 2 to 3 days)
    Typical LP length: 13
    Testing: Feb 1 (can someone home be accountable? Like a virtual slap across the face would do... Better than the Stark whiteness and denials)
    R/R: my husband and I have been cleaning like monsters for days in anticipation of his friends flying up for a ski weekend. The first few arrive today, it'll be so fun! 
    CS/Q: nope
  • Options
    @galentine Woohoo!  You're here!  Ugh to being sick.  I had to wake up my poor, sick, sleeping H the other night when I got a big ol' + OPK, and the poor guy managed to make it happen somehow.  He's not one to be dramatic about being sick, but he was wiped out the last few days.  
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @jennifer_louise I'm torn about whether to pee or not to pee.  I'm still not sure I didn't O on CD14, and my CM was way more prominent for the first + OPK.  But I also don't want to just set myself up for disappointment...
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @kiki047 Oh my god, that sounds horrible.  I have to admit I was laughing before I read the more detailed account of the issue, which by the end of, I was cringing.  I love dogs too, but that doesn't mean you have to be okay with this behavior, because it's definitely not okay!  I don't see how anyone would think that was cute or endearing.  Affection is important, and being cock blocked by your dog who is always around sucks.  I'm glad you guys found something that seems to work!
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @kopp5988 come onnn in! Don't be shy. // So now you know that if my rant is just "Ugh, the dog..." it probably means he c*ckblocked us again. :lol: // sorry YH "took matters into his own hands", so to speak... I always wondered how often MF does it. I've tried asking him out of genuine curiosity, but I think he feels like he's being interrogated and he won't give me a straight answer. I don't actually care, I just wonder how often guys really do it because in the movies it makes it seem like it's all.the.time but when we're TTC there's just so much sex, like does he still need to when we can barely muster up the energy to HIO instead? 

TTC History:

Me: 36  MH: 39, TTC since Dec 2017

Aug '18: PCOS dx

Nov '18: MH SA - 19mil

Dec '18-Mar '19: Letrozole + TI - all BFN

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Aug '19: Letrozole + HCG trigger + IUI + prog supp - BFN (MH: 16mil)

Sep '19: 2nd IUI, same protocol - BFN (MH: 16mil) 

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

Mar '20: FET #1, perfect 5AA blast transferred. BFN.

Sept '20: FET #2, 5BB tsf. 9/18/20 BFP!! EDD: 5/27/21. MMC 11w                                                  

Feb ‘21: FET #3, last 6BB blast transferred. BFP, EDD 11/2/21. MC 5w3d. 

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Sept '21: RPL, immune testing normal

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Dec '21: Positive for endometritis, RX Flagyl & Keflex

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

Apr '22: IVF #4 w/IMSI, PGT. 28R, 23M, 16F, 11 blasts. PGT-A = 6 normal. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Sep '22: Taking a break

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @kopp5988 @kiki047 I don't have any particular problem with DH doing that if he needs to, but I did let him know it was a no-no during my FW because we need all of his sperm count to... well, count.  And we have a mutual understanding that if one of us feels the need, we should check with the other to see if the mood is mutual before taking matters into our own hands.  He says he doesn't do it during my FW and I believe him for the most part because he's a terrible liar.  But I guess I have no way of knowing for sure.  
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @kiki047 removing that worked! Thanks! I've just been relying on my AVA bracelet's charts the past few months, but decided to also use FF as well this month! 

Re the dog: We have two dogs, an 8lb maltese and a 22lb cockapoo. The maltese has a dominance and a humping problem and he ALWAYS humps the cockapoo when we BD. I'm glad you finally found a toy to distract yours long enough! Maybe I will have to try that!
  • Options
    @kiki047 @shamrocandroll yeah he definitely does pretty often outside my FW my guess is every other day at least.  But not inside FW is the rule for us too. Unfortunately this FW snuck up on me and we missed most of it so I was just mad in general. He was like your supposed to tell me these things! Oh well now I may just have to tell him TWW and AF only since my cycle seems to be not as regular as I thought! 
  • Options
    @shamrocandroll good luck, hopefully things become clearer soon!
    @galentine welcome back to the TWW side of life (chock full of seeing pee as gold, hope and wonder)! aww sorry about the EOD goal not being met, life happens sometimes but you still got a good chance
    @jennifer_louise yes downhill, but I'll admit I only enjoy the beginner/intermediate trails. I was late to this party and only started 3 years ago but have become obsessed. Last year I had a downhill experience with blood too (ahh), but got back on the saddle
    @feather_heather nice, let us know how the DWTS taping goes (the good and the bad of it)
    @kiki047 yes it's supposed to be a great weekend with maybe 15+ inches. We are going to a mountain in NH. Haha, we shut the dogs out because otherwise they look at us woefully on the floor until we're finished (a definite mood killer).
    @kopp5988 welcome! you're right...I should give it to him. I haven't yet because he's annoying and WOULD REALLY not give it to me. That's just a testament to my lack of strength to hold out, so I'll give them to him tonight.

• Options
    Also, @kiki047 We lost our dog (13.5 years old) in October, but we used to know we were really doing a good job when he would bark at us.  :lol:
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @shamrocandroll haha!! I feel like we could have an entire GTKY: Furbaby Edition of What Do Your Furbabies Do While You HIO? I wonder what they think we're doing... I'm positive he understands, because even when we joke around about it he gets all rowdy. I use those times as training opportunities. He almost knocked my grandmother over once because she was grabbing a blanket off the couch and he jumped up to try to hump the dangling blanket and startled her. 
    @marbellie 15+ inches! Whoa! I don't ski and I think I'd be terrible at it but it looks like so much fun! 
    @kopp5988 whenever MF is grumpy about it I tell him he can have all the one-on-one time he wants (and the dog will help him too if he needs some company) when I'm KU and fat and hormonal and don't want him to touch me, ever, and he rolls his eyes but it usually works to snap him out of the habit at least for a little while. 

TTC History:

Apr '19: Letrozole + TI, - BFN.  Repeat SA (27mil) & DNA fragmentation test (17%)

Dec '19: IVF #1 w/ICSI, PGT. 5 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 blasts, 3 PGT-A normal.

May '21: IVF #2 w/ICSI, PGT. 8R, 7M, 6F, 6 blasts - 3AB, 3AB, 3BB, 4BB, 5BB, 6BA. Fresh tsf 5/13/21 - BFN. 

June '21: PGT-A results = 3 abnormal, 1 low level mosaic. Referred to new REI, had consult with 2nd RE in between. 

Oct '21: IVF #3 w/IMSI, PGT. 33R, 26M, 23F, 9 blasts (7 day 6, 2 day 7). PGT-A = 5 normal, 1 mosaic

Jan '22: FET #5 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol incl. PRP, intralipids, prednisone, medrol, nivestym, fragmin - CP

Feb '22: FET #6 - Kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol w/higher doses of pred & fragmin - BFN

Mar '22: Mock cycle for ERA - cancelled, repeat endometrial biopsy instead. Still positive for endometritis. RX ciprofloxacin & amoxicillin. 

June '22: FET #7 - Microdose lupron downreg w/kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol - double embryo transfer. BFN.

July '22: FET #8 - Mini stim w/Puregon + trigger, kitchen sink immune/RIF protocol. BFN. 

Dec '22: Attempted abdominal myomectomy, fibroid too close to cervix and major blood vessels. Wasn't removed. 

Feb '23: FET #9 - Modified natural w/baby asp, HCG trigger, PIO, PRP, Medrol, HCG wash, embryo glue - BFP!! EDD 11/11/23

• Options
    @kiki047 LMAO @ "and the dog will help him too if he needs some company"!  Dying...
    **TW**
    Married Sept. 2013
    BFP!  8/24/19

• Options
    @feather_heather DWTS? That's so cool!
    @marbellie We have a pretty hefty snow forecast here too. We don't have plans so we'll probably just be lazy in our jams all day with a roaring fire.
    @kiki047 One of our dogs stays on the bed with us. She always has. She just lays down and goes to sleep unless we bump her. Then, we get a mini growl. But now that she's deaf, it's even less of a concern. The other one just wants to sleep on the floor unbothered. He used to be a little rambunctious and try to lick stuff too (gross), but he's chilled out now that he's geriatric, haha.
    @kopp5988 Oh man. I don't even ask him what he's up to when it comes to that. I really should be more open about what I NEED him to do and not do. We're only 2 months in and trying to be a little casual about it, but I know that will need to happen soon.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO: 26/13

Timing: "good"

Typical LP length: ~13

Testing: I tested yesterday and today with BFN. AF is due tomorrow, so I'm just going to wait it out at this point.

R/R: Boyfriend is back from a work trip. While he was gone, my mom was visiting (awkwardly) and one of our dogs was sick. It's nice to have him back because, well, he's my best friend. But also because I'm exhausted, haha. I got 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night after a few nights with barely any, so that's great too. Still exhausted but on the mend. Also, ordered some new vitamins to really get moving on this.

CS/Q: That lack of sleep probably threw my temps off, I'm guessing. I got a little excited because I had a dip and then rise. I just started temping, but I'll be all-in next cycle.
  • Options
    @samashley1 Sorry for the BFN :( // there have been a few rare occasions where he's so tired he sleeps through the whole thing so we just have to work around him, lol. I'm looking forward to more of those days when he's too tired to care about HIO or chasing cats. // on an unrelated note, I chuckle to myself whenever I read your SN because I have a friend named Ashley whose nickname is Smashley so I always think that's your name but it definitely isn't :lol: 

TTC History:

• Options
    @marbellie, I could give you a virtual slap in the face! It would be my pleasure, haha. Although..... I am not one to avoid testing, so I'm assuming I wouldn't be very good motivation if I, myself, am over here peeing on everything in sight! So on second thought, maybe someone else would be better suited to this job 😂

@jennifer_louise, YOU GET ME. I literally thought to myself this morning, "be happy-red-shirt Ron, not creepy-rubbed-off-mustache Ron!"

@shamrocandroll, ahhhh "to pee or not to pee" the age old TTC question. Good luck deciding! I vote pee on all the things!!! (See @marbellie, I am a bad influence!)

@feather_heather, hi! Welcome! I'm jealous you are going to DWTS live, that sounds so fun!! I don't watch anymore - is there anyone in particular competing this round who you are excited to see?

@kiki047, I am so glad you followed me over here! Also, I totally commiserate with your dog situation. Our dog also thinks she needs to join in on the HIO festivities 😂 If your currently-working solution ever stops working for any reason, try a Kong toy filled with peanut butter and then frozen for at least 1 hour. This keeps our pup occupied for plenty of time to DTD without her, ahem, participation. 😂 Also, high five right back atcha, my chipper friend!

@kopp5988, hi and welcome! And ugggghhhh so sorry for the timing frustration and your H wasting the precious goods! 
  • Options
    @galentine - The competition part of it is over, so this is just the professional dancers touring for a live show! I listen to the Bobby Bones radio show, so I was so happy that he won!

@littleredm - Yes! There has been different celebs touring with them, and Grocery Store Joe will be with them on Friday! So hoping they do the "I'm too sexy" dance from this season! 
  • Options
    @galentine our dog is broken and he doesn't like normal dog things. I don't think he knows he's a dog. He's not a fan of PB but you got me thinking, maybe if I frozen something else in there he'd go for it. He's a weirdo, sometimes he'll spend 40 mins just licking his spiky ball. MF is always telling him "just kisses" and he'll lick instead of gnaw on his toys. 
    @littleredm aww your piano story made me a little teary. That's so nice that you have the piano in your place now. I wish we had kept my Nana's, she did offer it to my parents but my brother and I were terrible students so we flunked out of classes. Actually I was asked not to come back, hahaha. 

TTC History: