March 2019 Moms

Week 4 Check-in (1-14)

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What do you still have left to do on your “get ready for baby” list? 

Re: Week 4 Check-in (1-14)

• Due date: 3/29

Any appointments? Questions?: 30 week appointment on Friday...big question - how are we down to 10 weeks left?!?

Rants/Raves?: Raving after a terrible weekend with terrible 2s that we had a great night last night dancing, singing, and playing with DD - hoping saying it out loud doesn't jinx us! Also have had a ton of baby movement which is exciting. Those big movements that have my whole stomach rolling.

How are you feeling?: Still feeling pretty good overall, still getting bigger. Lower back hurts by the end of the day from sitting at my desk all day but other than that really no complaints.

GTKY: What do you still have left to do on your “get ready for baby” list? I feel so much less prepared this time around than I was with DD! Almost like "eh, I went to 41 weeks last time what's the hurry?" ...eeks. I washed all the neutral 0-3 and 3-6mos clothes we have just need to get them hung in the closet. (I'm a little more antsy to know what we're having this time because I wonder if I should just wash all of it now or if we'll be buying blue lol) Working on wall decor for the room and MIL is making some custom Dr Seuss curtains for us along with a quilt since she did the same for DD. Need to dig out the pack and play, swing, small tub, and car seat to give everything a good scrubbing. Need to purchase a few things that won't be moving over from DD's room like a noise machine and monitor since we still regularly use them for her. Hmm...need to pack those bags. Yep, barely prepared :D 

• Due date: 3/28

Any appointments? Questions?: Nothing til growth scan next week

Rants/Raves?: Main rant is barely being able to eat dinner now. I try, but it's like there's no room left. Rave: Planning our baby-moon finally. Hopefully will happen the end of Jan / 1st of Feb. I'm too nervous to fly much later even thought OB is ok with up to 36 weeks. 

How are you feeling?: Feeling ok. Heartburn is back but manageable with zantac luckily. Trying to make myself slow down as I get winded more now. 

GTKY: What do you still have left to do on your “get ready for baby” list? Only thing left is our rug we ordered coming in, need a little bath, noise machine and I want to get a mamaroo. Feel like the nursery has finally came together. :smile:

TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Loading the player...
  • Due date: 3/27

Any appointments? Questions?: Quick check next Monday for 30 weeks. 

Rants/Raves?: Food is weird right now. Like I want to eat a lot at breakfast and lunch, and for dinner I'm just tapped out and want nothing to eat. Ice cream usually is the only thing I can stomach at night. Poor DH, he just wants dinner when he gets home from work and most days I'm too beat/sick to cook. 

How are you feeling?: So flipping tired! I can get a full night's sleep (about 7 hours) and still want to take a 3 hour nap in the afternoon. The energy level is really down. Also SPD is really kicking in - it hurts to get up and walk around. :( 

GTKY: What do you still have left to do on your “get ready for baby” list? Oh, so much left. Car seat is ordered. We bought the crib and mattress a couple weeks ago, and put that in the nursery this last weekend. But we still need a dresser, a bookcase, changing pad, clothes, diapers, bath tub, soap, and all the health stuff this LO will need. DH's office is throwing a "surprise" baby shower for us in a couple weeks (surprise for him, they told me so I could make it) and it's luckily right after our amazon completion discount is available. So that weekend I'm sure I'll be placing a big order to get all the stuff I feel like we'll need. I just feel massively unprepared for this baby yet. 

@HoneyBear40 - how are we down to 10 weeks!?! this is crazy. I hope you didn't jinx yourself with DD! Also, I'd probably just be OK with the neutral stuff if you have a lot of it. You can wash (or have dh do it) the girl stuff if you need it (unless you want a girly outfit option for a going home outfit)! Spend your energy on getting the gear scrubbed up and your bag packed. :) 

@kristimh80 - wow, girl, you are on it! Send some of that energy my way! Where are you going for your babymoon? 

*TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • @catlady2015 lol it was a lot of work getting pregnant for me, so was excited to finally get things together. Plus, MH hates window shopping, so helped motivate me to get thing if I wanted them. Plus, my SIL's gave us so many clothes, etc. We are going to Key West, may take a night in Miami since MH has never been and I love the food there so that's all I'm dreaming of now lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Due date: March 26

Any appointments? Questions?: Nothing until January 30. 

Rants/Raves?: Rave- my husband has an interview for a job in his field on Friday and there are three openings so really hoping he gets one of them. It would mean an hour commute for him, but it’s at least something in his field and something he actually wants to do. I’m really hoping the interview goes well and next week I can write that he got the job :)

How are you feeling?: SO tired!!! I don’t know if it’s because I’ve been busier than normal, not sleeping well, the pregnancy in general, or all of the above but I have been exhausted. Each week I look forward to the weekends so I can sleep in...trying to take advantage of sleeping in before baby girl gets here

GTKY: What do you still have left to do on your “get ready for baby” list? I have a lot done on my list and am feeling pretty good. We have most of the nursery set up and just need to get a couple things off of our registry still (diapers, crib sheets, blankets, etc). I got all of the baby clothes washed this weekend and the bottles (from a friend) sterilized so that will be done when I get closer to having to go back to work. Definitely feeling better now that the big stuff is done

• Due date: 3/25

Any appointments? Questions?: I don't think anything for a few weeks.

Rants/Raves?: I'm finishing up a few big projects around the house. Hopefully, will have the office, entryway and mudroom finished in the next two months! Been working on them for 9+ months now.

How are you feeling?: Pain (back, vagina/ everywhere down there). Pressure. Poor sleep. Could be worse. But its bad enough I can't even work out anymore, because I can't sleep after.

GTKY: What do you still have left to do on your “get ready for baby” list? Everything. I haven't done anything. No name. No car seat. No room ready. Nada. I'll get the car seat by 34 weeks...

catlady2015 @kristimh80 same here, I'm just not able to get much down for dinner either. I can't tell if I'm still hungry, but it just won't fit.

• Due date: March 29

Any appointments? Questions?: Next Check is first week of February 

Rants/Raves?: We were supposed to get a washer/dryer installed in the apartment between January and March, but now the apartment company needs to postpone the whole project until early March. Which means they’ll be doing the construction when baby is here. I’m not happy about that. And I’ll have to keep using the public machines to wash all the baby things! I can’t say I’m surprised by the delay, just not happy about it.

How are you feeling?: Tired, pains here and there, heartburn, acid reflux....the list goes on. But I do feel really lucky that I’ve felt pretty good this whole pregnancy.

GTKY: What do you still have left to do on your “get ready for baby” list? Everything! I’m waiting for the completion discounts to kick in and also my shower, the first week of February. Then I’ll order everything else we need. Luckily doing the registry helped me to at least plan what I need and want, so February will be mostly just setting it all up! And then March, we wait! 

• @catlady2015 So glad you're on the "this is crazy" train with me! And I'm definitely leaning towards saving energy for scrubbing the gear. It hasn't been in the basement all that long but we have a wood burning furnace so if it's not in a garbage bag or container it has a layer of film on it.

I've also recently joined the camp of not eating much (if anything) for dinner. Yesterday for example I was ravenous at 3pm and had a snack but when I got home and made dinner all I ate was a small sloppy joe sandwich because my stomach just felt so full :(