June 2019 Moms
Options

Group 4 (June 23-30) Check-in, w/o Jan 13

Due date/W+D:  

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?: 

Rants/Raves?:  

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY - What is your favorite go-to weeknight meal?

imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Group 4 (June 23-30) Check-in, w/o Jan 13

• Options
    Due date/W+D:  June 23, 17w2d

Baby is the size of a(n): pomegranate 

Any appointments? Questions?: I had my amnio this morning.  It went a lot more smoothly then I expected. 

Rants/Raves?:  No not really just hanging in there. 

How are you feeling?:  feeling ok!  Just waiting for the results with all my fingers crossed. 

GTKY - What is your favorite go-to weeknight meal?  Spaghetti and meatballs or anything in the crockpot!

• Options
    @cbowl10 fingers crossed that you get your results quickly & that everything is A-okay!

Due date/W+D: June 30/16+2

Baby is the size of a(n): grande iced coffee

Any appointments? Questions?: Next appt is on the 31st.

Rants/Raves?: Just wishing we were having the AS at our next appt instead of the end of Feb. There's a sale going for baby clothes @ Kohl's in a few days & I would love to be able to buy something for baby. But their selection of neutral items is kinda slim.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good. Just tired always, but that's mostly due to my toddler not sleeping well right now. 

GTKY - What is your favorite go-to weeknight meal? I've been trying new crockpot recipes to mix things up a little. But we usually end up having spaghetti or some sort of pasta at least once a week.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date/W+D:  7/4 15 & 4

Baby is the size of a(n): Lightbulb

Any appointments? Questions?: My next appointment isn't until 1/29, so I don't have a hole lot going on! No questions as far as baby.

Rants/Raves?:  My rave is that my husband is being a great help and hysterical to boot. He's really taking this seriously and also seriously nesting. He found a nearly new stroller for a great price and is ready to start making purchases...I have to tell him to pump his breaks.

My rant is that my mom is really frustrating. She had offered while we were in planning stages to watch baby two days a week, and I thought that was generous and awesome, and I had told her we'll have to talk about it when we're budgeting for daycare (i.e. when there was actually a baby to plan for). Now that there is, she only said that 'we'll have to talk about it.' She implied that she lives too far and doesn't want to commit to a schedule. I'm pissed because it seems like she just used the offer to convince me to have a baby. It was a huge way she could have helped out and a huge let-down.

How are you feeling?: Generally pretty good! My pants are a little too tight so I really want a belly band.  I've been sticking to leggings.

GTKY - What is your favorite go-to weeknight meal? I like variety, so I don't think I really have one. I do a lot of meal prep, so I end up with roasted chicken and vegetables a lot.  I guess my favorite is leftovers because it means I don't have to cook!

• Options
    best of luck! thinking positive for you @cbowl10

Due date/W+D:  6/30/16+2

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado 

Any appointments? Questions?: Friday for my weekly check in with my OB, and I have a follow up/second AS on Feb 8th

Rants/Raves?:  

How are you feeling?: Achy and the belly has really popped, I look the same now that I did at 24 weeks with DD1

GTKY - What is your favorite go-to weeknight meal? Honestly DH cooks most of the time because I work second shift which is a blessing. Steak has been a big one for me lately, not really feeling other meats as much. So I would say a spinach salad with steak strips on top. yummy! 

• Options
    Due date/W+D:  6/27/19 16+5

Baby is the size of a(n): avocado 

Any appointments/questions: I just had an appointment last week, no questions! Ultrasound is scheduled for Feb 4 so I’m excited for that! I can’t wait to buy clothes and get baby’s rooms ready. 

Rants/Raves?: I feel like this pregnancy is going by much quicker her than DD. Loving it! Especially since I kicked nausea to the curb! 

How are you feeling?: Good! I feel like I have most of my energy back, I work at a school and before winter break in December I was pooooooped all the time. So I’m Feeling good. However, my hips have been aching do much! Sometimes walking or laying down is painful :( 

GTKY - What is your favorite go to weeknight meal? Right now I’ve been all about burrito bowls! Ground beef, black beans, lettuce, tomato, cheese, Mexican sour cream, avocado and tapatio in a bowl and mixed all together 😍 in fact we had it for dinner tonight and I’m having it for lunch tomorrow :) 

• Options
    Due date/W+D:  17+2

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate 

Any appointments? Questions?: Have my scheduling/planning appointment in a couple of weeks. Anatomy Scan should happen soon before that but haven't heard back for the date yet.

Rants/Raves?:  I'm feeling quite a bit of annoyance to those who don't practise what they preach. 

How are you feeling?: Good, particularly nearing the halfway mark. On the one hand it feels like it's taking forever but on the other hand time is flying

GTKY - What is your favourite go-to weeknight meal? Love my spag bol, but for an easy weeknight meal? Savoury Mince and Seasoned/buttered noodles, Taco Salad, Chinese Chicken Noodle Salad, Pesto Pasta.

• Options
    Due date/W+D: 17+1

Baby is the size of a(n): Pomegranate 

Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy scan Feb 4! Nothing until then though. No real questions, about the pregnancy anyway.

Rants/Raves?: Not sure which it is, but I'm finally starting to look pregnant rather than just chubby. I had to resort to the hair tie + belly band combo a week ago and that's helped, but I'm starting to worry that it might be time for maternity clothes and I'm cheap, so would MUCH rather get them used...but my town has crap for thrift stores sooooo may be SOL on that.

How are you feeling?: Generally still normal -- never really had much in the way of symptoms, so more of the same there. Been hungry AF lately though. DH and I switched sides of the bed this week -- with our current bedroom layout, the bassinet would fit better on his side, so since I'll be the one (theoretically) staying home and he'll have to get up and go to work, I'll be the one taking the lions share of nighttime stuff so it made sense to switch. But getting used to sleeping on my other side has been a bear. I had a phase where my hips hurt every night a month or so ago, but then it went away...and now switching to the other side, it's back and it's waking me up at night. BOO.

GTKY - What is your favorite go-to weeknight meal? Lately, cheeseburger salad (Pioneer Woman's spin on a Pampered Chef, although I modify it back probably closer to the PC than PW version). Can't get enough of it and it's easy as all get-out.

• Options
    Due date/W+D:  6/25, 17w 1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Folded pair of sunglasses

Any appointments? Questions?: I had a check up today. Things look good. Baby had his long legs over his head and she said it’s definitely a boy! Lol. Did the second trimester blood draw today and scheduled anatomy scan for Feb. 1st. She said it will take me a while to really show because of my torso length and muscle. I’m not hating it but I would like a little something to show for all this baby building! This is our first baby.

Rants/Raves?: Rave? Rave? Excited that the weeks seem to be flying by now. Rant? Picking a name! Hubby and I can’t seem to agree on one yet and I feel like we’ve gone through thousands already. 

How are you feeling?: I’m feeling good but noticing the weird side of pregnancy symptoms lately. Itchy stomach area & boobs. Eyebrows growing straight out. Deodorant brand stopped working for me. Suddenly I’m a reptile and need to be warmed all the time. 

GTKY - What is your favorite go-to weeknight meal? It’s been raining a lot where I live so I’ve been going with grilled cheese and tomato soup often. 

• Options

Due date/W+D:  June 23rd, 17w 4d

Baby is the size of a(n): As tall as a Hershey bar!

Any appointments? Questions?:  18 week checkup next Thursday.

Rants/Raves?:  Rant: My pants are starting to become uncomfortable, had to swap into my “baggy” pj bottoms because the others were too tight. People at work have started making comments about my demeanor - sorry, it’s just me doing my job, not my hormones thankyouverymuch. Rave: DH has become way more “loving” towards baby. Woke up to his hand on my belly last night 😍

How are you feeling?: Feeling bigger! Baby bump has definitely “popped” this week!

GTKY - What is your favorite go-to weeknight meal? TACOS! Otherwise (pre-pregnancy) when DH was working late I’d come home and just have wine and bread with oil and vinegar. I miss wine.

• Options
    Due date/W+D:  June 26, 7w,1d

Baby is the size of a(n): Turnip

Any appointments? Questions?: I have my next ultrasound a week from today. I think it’s my anatomy scan, or we’ll at least be able to find out what we’re having! I’m still a little anxious because of course I always worry something will be wrong, and because I still can’t feel the baby move (and it hasn’t moved from my left side, I don’t think), but I’m mostly just excited!

Rants/Raves?: Last week I was worried because I didn’t think I had gained any weight/possibly lost some weight, but that changed this week when I gained a pound over the course of a few days this week, haha! I’m feeling big already (but I know that because I was short and small before, showing sooner is totally normal for me), and trying not to be down about it.

How are you feeling?: Like a whale, already. And eager to feel the baby move! I thought I felt something yesterday, but I think it was too high up. Also, lightening crotch is real!

GTKY - What is your favorite go-to weeknight meal? Stir fry or pasta with  tomato sauce!

@sarcat87 I hear you on the reptile/being cold all the time! It’s not that unusual for me, but I was expecting and was excited to be warmer! In May and June though, I’m sure I’ll be plenty warm. I’m going to ask about a thyroid test because being cold all the time can be a sign of that, and I was on the border for a test my primary care doctor had me do before I got pregnant.