August 2019 Moms

STM+ check-in w/o 1/12

How far along are you? How big is baby?

How old is/are you other kid(s)?

Nails and fails from this week:

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:

GTKY: Share your potty training woes or wins.

Re: STM+ check-in w/o 1/12

• How far along are you? How big is baby?
    10w5d, strawberry
    DD is 13 months
    I got all my grades in before I left work Friday(yay for no weekend grading!)
    Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:
    Coworker not doing her part of a project, which happens to come back to me pisses me off.
    We aren't there yet. I'm still dealing with the diaper rodeo/gymnastics!
    8 weeks/rasberry

15 months (on thursday, close enough)

Nail - we spent Friday night at my in-laws, I snuck off to bed at 8, and then in the morning my MIL took the boys before they could wake me and I slept until almost 9!! (Why are all my nails sleep related?)
    Fail - DS#2 got a diaper rash so bad it was bleeding, came from no where, was fine one diaper change, than awful the next

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:
    Still having a hard time waiting until 12 weeks to tell everyone.

Daycare keeps telling us how great DS#1 is doing, that he goes on the potty all the time, and often keeps his pull up dry all morning, but when we're home he absolutely refuses to go on the potty!
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 8w4d raspberry

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 4 next Saturday!

Nails and fails from this week: Saw the heartbeat at our appointment last week! Already gained 3 pounds though 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: Told DD yesterday, she sort of got it, and seems generally pretty excited. It’ll be fun having her watch me get bigger. Telling ILs today.

DD is potty trained except for at night. She just doesn’t wake up for it so we do a night time pull-up. We’ve let her guide the entire process and waited until she was ready with each step. 
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 9w1d, cherry!

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 2 NEXT MONTH I'm a little sad. He's so smart and big and I just love him so much!

Nails and fails from this week: I survived the first week of MS & DH back at full time work schedule since the holidays. My mom really saved our bacon this week. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I'm feeling a teeny bit better yesterday and today with just a really HARD nausea surge in the afternoons. I'm exhausted constantly but it's way better than all the nausea. 

GTKY: Share your potty training woes or wins. We are in the very early stages, but he's receptive to it. We just sit him on the potty at opportune times and ask him to go. No idea if we're doing it right or not, but he does go!
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • BigBadWolf12BigBadWolf12 member
    edited January 2019
    How far along are you? How big is baby? Fig/lime 11+1

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 16 months

Nails and fails from this week: Nail: made it through my first week back to work after maternity leave.  Fail: was so tired.  Not sure if that's a fail or not,  but it happened lol

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: nothing

We haven't started in earnest,  but we got a potty and put it with his toys in the family room when he was 12 months. He liked to climb on and off. Then we moved it to the bathroom and started putting him on it as part of morning routine and between dinner and bath. He's gone pee in it a lot and poop once.  The poop was randomly in the day... I asked if he needed the toilet and he signed please.  After a while of nothing,  I asked if he was done and he shook his head no,  then peed a little.  So i asked if he was done again and he shook his head no and pooped :o I was shocked and it hasn't happened again since,  but I was impressed with his communication about it.  Even though i initiated it, he knew when he was or wasn't done. But actually the poop freaked him out so much that he refused to sit on it for about 2 weeks straight after that lol. 😂 this was a couple months ago and thankfully he tolerates it again, though we really only do it once or twice day :)

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 10 weeks, 2 days

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 5 and 2.5

Nails and fails from this week: Nails- Found a really good deal on a car seat. (Old one was expired.) Fails- Laundry is piling up...I'm not motivated to tackle it.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I am ready to feel better. This is a busy time of year with a lot of travel.

GTKY: Share your potty training woes or wins. I won with my first daughter- potty trained at 25 months. My second daughter is giving me woes. She's hit and miss at home. But really miss at daycare which is s frustrating. I just hope she's potty trained by the time she is 3.
    7w 5d as big as a piano key 

5, almost 3 and 13m

My mom came over and helped me organize the other day and I helped so that’s a nail in my book. 
    I fail on the regular at being a functioning human. The nausea is strong.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:
    I want so badly to enjoy this pregnancy. 

My oldest started around 2.5 and was fully using the potty a little after he turned 3. I wasn’t excited to potty train him because I was pregnant at the time and changing a diaper was so much easier to me. My second kid decided he needed to be big like his brother before he turned 2. He refused diapers and HAD to wear underwear but wouldn’t poop on the potty. It was the most trying 3 months of my life. I got a lot of side eye from people, telling me I was pushing him and he was too young. The thing is that HE DIDNT WANT TO WEAR A DIAPER. If you don’t wear a diaper you poop on the potty. End of story. Once he got over his aversion to sitting on the toilet,!life was glorious. I’m not into pushing the whole potty training thing so hopefully my youngest will wait awhile. It’s nice having two potty trained but a 2 year old was too early in my opinion. We shall see.
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 11+3 Brussel sprout 

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD 19 months

Nails and fails from this week: Nail: I worked out 6 out of 7 days.  Fail: I let my daughter play on the tablet too much 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: It's a 4 day week for me because we are going on a little vacation Friday!

GTKY: Share your potty training woes or wins. I have done absolutely nothing and I'm scared to start.  I do want to order Oh Crap because I have heard good things.  
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 7w 3d - size of a blueberry

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DS is almost 21 months

Nails and fails from this week: Nails: DS slept until 7 both Saturday and Sunday, which was amazing. Fails: Didn't finish putting away Christmas decorations (I am just going to plan on this being a recurring fail until I feel like a human again.)

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I feel way crummier with this pregnancy than I did with DS. 

GTKY: Share your potty training woes or wins.We're just kind of letting DS take the lead since he's still young. He asked for the potty and peed on it this morning, but that's only the second time.
  • peachy0709peachy0709 member
    edited January 2019
    How far along are you? How big is baby? 7 w + 2 d, size of a blueberry

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD1 is 5 in March, DD2 is 2 in April

Nails and fails from this week: DH was traveling all last week.  I don't know how I survived.  DD2 vomited everywhere on Thursday night and it was heinous.  I guess a win is that we hosted a large dinner party on Saturday and no one noticed/inquired about me not drinking.  That was a relief. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:  I've shared here my concerns about starting a new job while pregnant, but I have to get out of my current job (my boss is just a nut job).  Any cheerleading y'all have is much appreciated. 

GTKY: Share your potty training woes or wins. I am very much of the philosophy of "they are ready when they are ready." DD1 was almost 3 and DD2 was potty trained before two.  I did nothing different, and neither did daycare.  Just kind of their personalities.  I've always done the naked weekend and found it to be effective.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • @peachy0709 I started a new job when I was pregnant with twins.... I started and was like "oh hey, i'm pregnant with twins and will be out on mat leave in 6 months..." Thankfully they were great about it. Most of my maternity leave was unpaid but maybe that is something you can negotiate for... good luck with the job hunt
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 8w4dish (OB is still wavering on EDD). Raspberry

How old is/are you other kid(s)?DD just turned 6 on the 12th. DS is 2.5

Nails and fails from this week: Nail: Made it through 2 birthday parties this weekend despite being on modified bed rest. Fail: we have been living offf of take out and our house is trashed, plus Christmas decor is still up thanks to bed rest. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I posted this on my birth week board by why dont offices automatically review your test results and call you?!? I had an u/s Thursday and thanks to a chatty and experiences tech we have an idea of how it went but I still have questions. I called my OB today and the nurse said she would put in a request for the doctor to review it. Makes no sense to me. 

GTKY: Share your potty training woes or wins.  Mostly woes over here. DD was 3.5 before she potty trained and was almost 5 before she could make it through the night. I was planning to start potty training DS over Christmas break but thanks to modified bed rest that did not happen. I am really hoping for a break from diapers some time before August. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• @wabash15 - thank you! I actually will be okay if unpaid because the due date coincides with my oldest starting kindergarten and we will be okay financially no longer paying daycare's insane costs 

BabyFruit Ticker

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 9w3d, soda can tab.

How old is/are you other kid(s)? 2.5 today 😭

Nails and fails from this week: Nails: been feeling like myself for the past week. Finally cooking and cleaning again. No fails currently.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: N/A

Oh, boy. I haven’t attempted yet. I bought the Oh, Crap book and now that I’m feeling better, I feel like I’ll try to tackle this soon instead of pretending this doesn’t exist lol
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 11 weeks, size of a fig

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DS is 2

Nails and fails from this week: DS is sick right now so trying to teach him to cough into his elbow instead of my face, not going too well.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:  N/A

GTKY: Share your potty training woes or wins. Definitely woes. I tried to potty train my son when he was 2.5 but he was not having it. It was stressing me out so I decided to revisit again later.  I need to read the Oh Crap book @parrothead78 Hopefully he will be out of diapers before August comes around. 
  • How far along are you? How big is baby? 9w4d, app said tater tots and now I'm hungry.

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD is 2.5

Nails and fails from this week: Nails - Got to see that Survivor is still growing and moving around (his/her twin stopped growing about 2.5 weeks ago) and I've actually lost 8 lbs (I lost 15 with DD in the first trimester); Fails - I cannot shake this stupid head cold, probably because the weather here is insane: one day it's 75 then it's 35 then 60 and raining then 30 then 70 again. Ughhhhhhh.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: N/A

GTKY: Share your potty training woes or wins. DD is 2.5 and DGAF, so I'm just kind of waiting it out until daycare gets her in her rhythm and she relents. This child is just like her mama and there is NO amount of praise, bribery, or sheer force to make her to do anything she doesn't want to do. So ... we wait and hope she turns a corner soon.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 9w 3d southern pecan

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DS1 is 5 DS2 is 4 DD is almost 2

Nails and fails from this week: DS2's birthday was Sunday. And he had a party on Saturdays went alright. It was kind of a nail and a fail.

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I have no motivation to do anything. So I'm like really stressed out, but can't find the energy or motivation to do anything.

GTKY: Share your potty training woes or wins. Both of my sons potty trained super easy. They were both peeing in the toilet consistently by 2. And they were both pooping in the toilet by 2y 3m. We don't have the energy to even try to potty train DD.
  • @Beauxbaton I didn't realize you were a Jan15 mom too! Were you in the BMB for it?
    Me 31  <3  DH 34
    TTC #1 5/13 BFP #3 5/2/14 DD born 1/19/15
    NTNP #2 8/17 BFP 12/13/18 ED 8/21/19
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So confession, I made the GTKY what I did, so that I could get tips for how to finally get DS#1 potty trained. DH keeps saying I shouldn't push him, because then he'll just resent it, but I refuse to have 3 in diapers. I know  we have a while until August, but it will be here before we're ready...

Anyway all of your stories were making me feel better, until @Beauxbaton. How did you do it?!?!
  • @mrosek91 while I am certainly not the best person to give potty training advice, I think the biggest thing is waiting until they are ready. I tried to push DD and it backfired. She was 3.5 when she finally was ready (she is very stubborn, defiant and has a number of health issues) but when she was ready it was done in a day...while I nursed newborn DS on the bathroom floor. We never had urgent need to go now moments with her either. My wench of a MIL said, "If you sent her to SIL she would have had it done forever ago."  Untrue...each kid is ready at different times. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

8 weeks + 2 days
    wild strawberry (according to my pregnancy app)

20 months

Nails: I am so busy at work right now, but still no one speculates that I'm pregnant
    Fails: Just found out my toddler has terrible vision and needs glasses and I had no idea. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary:
    I cannot wait for my ultrasound on Monday. I feel like my pregnancy isn't real yet because we haven't see the baby! My doctor's appointment is also scheduled on the day our daycare is closed for MLK Day AND in the middle of my toddler's nap time, so we'll see how that goes.

Not there yet!
  • @Allycat11 - girl I feel you.  My parents were bananas about timing on having DD1 potty trained. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @mrosek91 Pick a set time of day (we started with right before bath) and just sit on the potty every day at that time. Eventually they will do something & you can praise like crazy! 
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • @kminacap don't feel bad, my older DD is blind as a bat and we had no idea (seriously she is +9 in one eye and +9.5 in the other) ABSOLUTELY NO clue.  I will say just watch out those first week or two when they transition to glasses, their depth perception is totally off and DD nearly biffed it down the stairs several times and would walk out of the car and not realize there was a step. 

@mrosek91 I think you unfortunately have to take each kid in their own time. DD was daytime trained by 2.5 but DS it took longer and DD is night time trained but DS is no where near ready. andplusalso not having to run to the toilet with 5 seconds notice especially when out shopping is fantastic. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @kminacap I also had no clue DD had terrible vision until she literally woke up cross eyed one day. Went to bed the night before looking perfectly fine. Toddlers can overcompensate for bad eyesight and it’s really hard to notice! Don’t feel bad!
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Yes,  and toddlers are also naturally clutzy and uncoordinated. EASY to miss signs of sight issues.  Don't be too hard on yourself! <3

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• How far along are you? How big is baby? 11w6d  size of a Brussel sprout

How old is/are you other kid(s)? DD will be 2yo this month

Nails and fails from this week: I successfully made dinner for me and DD, played on the floor with DD and put DD to bed - all things I have not been able to do because of terrible MS for ~9weeks.  FX This means its GONE but probably not.  I still was gagging watching my husband do dishes - which is so weird. 

Rant/Rave/Dear Diary: I hope this snow storm does not delay my flights to the Bahamas! ughh

GTKY: Share your potty training woes or wins.  We are terrible, we have a potty and she uses it sometimes but we havent like made it a thing.  DD will be two next week so when we get back I think I'll read up on it.  She does well at daycare but still goes in her pullup. 

Me 32 <3 H 33
    TTC#1 January 2016  BFP 5/16/2016  DD Born 1/27/17

TFAS: BFP 11/26/2018 Estimated due date: 8/2/2019

• I hear you on the toddler vision. We're concerned about DD because Hubs is soooooooo blind (-10) whereas my vision is afflicted by an astigmatism and slight near-sightedness (-1.5). She can see the tiniest specs on the floor from like 30 feet away, but can't stop running into the motherflipping recliner that has been in the same spot for 3 years. Like faceplant. Every time. But Hubs was a really klutzy kid, so I'm pinning that on him.

AFM, my and DD's coughs are back and killing us. It doesn't come with a cold or congestion or sinuses or anything, just incessant coughing ... and it can quickly build to the point of gagging or near-vomiting. It's so frustrating. We both had it just before Thanksgiving and took us 2-3 weeks to wait it out. Hubs popped up with it like 2 weeks ago and is clear .... annnnnnnnnnd now we've got it. Sigh.
    **History in Spoiler**
    Me-35, DH-36 - TTC since 08/10
    Me - anovulatory, non-Insulin PCOS, DH - low end of "normal" sperm count
       IUI#1   - 02/15 - Cancelled due to scrubbed sperm count <1MM
       IVF#1  - 08/15 - 13x5-day blastocysts (ranging from AA-BB, most are 5 or 6), not PGS, on ice
       FET#1 - 10/15 - 1 emb - BFP (DD 07/16) (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#2 - 07/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#3 - 08/17 - 1 emb - BFN (estrace + PIO sesame oil + prometrium)
       FET#4 - 10/17 - 2 emb - BFN (changed to estrace + prometrium because of allergic reaction to PIO sesame oil)
    ERA Testing - 12/17 - window moved (-1 day)
       FET#5 - 03/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
    Karyotype Testing - 04/18 - Negative (we're ok)
       FET#6 - 06/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#7 - 10/18 - 2 emb - BFN (estrace + prometrium, ERA-timing used)
       FET#8 - 11/18 - 2 emb - BFP; looks like one baby is going to make it, DD is due 8/16 (though likely to be 8/9)