March 2019 Moms
Options

PGAL check in week 1/8-1/14

1. How many weeks are you?

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally?

3. Any appointment updates?

4. Rants/raves/questions?

5. Bonus- we are all in the third trimester now. Thoughts/feelings?

[spoiler=TW in signature]

Me: 36, DH 37.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

PCOS, plus some medical issues that make me high risk.

Our rainbow babies are due 3/21!!!!!

[/spoiler]

Re: PGAL check in week 1/8-1/14

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 29 weeks

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Feeling good overall. Just the typical acid reflux, but going back to 2 x a day zantac has helped tremendously! Been nice feeling baby move a lot more these days. I keep trying to figure out what direction she is. 2 weeks til growth scan, so until then I'll keep guessing lol

3. Any appointment updates? Last one I passed the 1 hr glucose test (somehow). Being a vegetarian and carb-aholic, I knew there was no way! But next appt is Friday for reg check in. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Only real rant is the constant potty breaks all night / day. I can pee before leaving the house and get 10 mins down the road and feel like I could go again  :#.

5. Bonus- we are all in the third trimester now. Thoughts/feelings? Excited and nervous being a FTM! We are planning our babymoon for the end of the month / 1st of Feb, which I'm excited about getting away since maybe the last for awhile. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 30 weeks

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Physically, just some aches and pains, typically at night when I am sleeping. Also, when I have to pee, I have to walk sooooooooooo slow. Mentally, I am still nervous that something will happen. I don't have any reason to think that; I just can't shake it and it's annoying.

3. Any appointment updates? Not until 32nd week. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? I've been having stomach/digestive issues this past week. I did a day of the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) to try to clear it up. I have an appetite but I also have all sorts of digestive sounds. I switched to taking my prenatal at night with hopes that it will help too. 

5. Bonus- we are all in the third trimester now. Thoughts/feelings? I am excited. I feel like time will go even more slowly now. As a FTM, I am also pretty nervous about birth and then bring baby home. It all seems pretty surreal. 

THANK YOU to everyone for your love and support while I managed through the placenta previa. I really appreciate all of the comments and the support this community provides.

@lelkcot I got my TDAP on Friday and my arm is still a little sore! I hope you fare better than me. Not enough to bother me but occasionally I will move a certain way and am reminded.

@catlady2015 I'm glad to hear about your kick counts. I started doing them every day at 28 weeks but found that baby is so active at certain times. I don't think I will do it every day so that I don't stress myself out. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 31 + 6 today

Physically: Large, suffocated by my own weight and I just want to lie in bed and eat popsicles even though that hurts, too. Mentally I am over this state of being. I cried twice on Sunday, once because I was being a horrible grouch and my husband asked me if I was feeling Ok, and then again when McDonalds never brought out my online order to my car and I had to walk inside. 

Not really. Had one this morning but it was about 5 minutes long. Measured OK and my blood pressure and the baby's heartbeat were just fine so I went on my way. 

Rave: there were Tucks pads in the free samples at the OB so now I don't have to buy them off of Amazon to prep for baby!  

I am so ready to be done, literally counting the days (57!), but I know as soon as the baby's here and I am even more sleep deprived that I'll be wishing for this part back. 
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 So sorry you've been feeling all sorts of ways lately! But you're not alone. I feel like I'm an emotional roller coaster too and usually take it out on MH...at least in my head I'm blaming him for everything that's not how I want it or can't control. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @karatepickles - I was told don’t worry too much unless I didn’t feel 10 in two hours. Knowing lo’s most active times should help a lot! I just try to track then, it’s always later at night. I know I’d get sooo obsessive if I tracked every day too, so this is better for my mental health. 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you?
    30+3

Physically: Usual of back pain, heartburn, bh, tired, trouble sleeping, ect. Mentally: Pretty good. I love feeling lo all the time. It just hit me the other day that we will be bringing home a baby in about 2 months and the nesting urge is starting to kick in. At least DW has been helpful getting the "nursery area" in our room set up. Plus I've gotten a lot of cleaning done. Still needs a thing or two for the "nursery area". I have most laundry done except for sheets and cloth diapers plus a few things from the shower that's this weekend. The bad part is we are moving in with family this week until lo arrives to be closer to the hospital. Oh well.

Regular 30 week appt on Friday. Then I have a growth scan on the 25th.

See #2 mentally. 

As previously stated. Overwhelmed, excited and nervous that a baby will be here before we know it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    BuckeyeNut05BuckeyeNut05 member
    edited January 2019
    @kristimh80 samesies with blaming the husband. I feel terrible about it because he's great. I am a type A control freak and when things get out of sorts and I don't feel in control, I break down. Mostly with unimportant things, too, like how towels are folded or things are organized or cleaned.   :/
  • Options
    @BuckeyeNut05 Glad I'm not alone! I'm not very type A, but I like things to have their places and don't leave glasses and stupid stuff laying around. Idk why it drives me bonkers...I think some times MH does it on purpose. lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @3rdtime_charmed will be thinking of you and your LOs and wishing you all the best. Take the time you need and please rejoin if/when you’re ready. 
  • Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 30w3d

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Physically, slowing down but overall pretty good. Mentally, excited, nervous, overwhelmed, emotional, impatient - usually pretty positive but generally all over the place. 

3. Any appointment updates? Had a routine appointment last week. Belly measuring a tad small but within normal range and LO’s HR is strong. Always a relief to hear the heartbeat on the Doppler. Starting appts every 2 weeks now... mind blown. 

4. Rants/raves/questions? Posed this to week 3 - how did you learn about baby positioning? Did you raise it or do your providers check during your appt? If it’s the latter, how is this done?

5. Bonus- we are all in the third trimester now. Thoughts/feelings? See above re rollercoaster of emotions haha
  • Options
    @3rdtime_charmed I will be thinking about you and your lo's. Take your time and come on back when/if you're ready. One or many of us will pick up the thread. You will be missed.

@beachbaby0523 at my 28 week appt I measured at thirty weeks, so the ob felt for positioning. She was pretty sure, but not certain, that lo was head down. Had my growth scan the next day and she was correct. I would say if by 32/34 weeks they don't bring it up, I would. That way you can try to turn baby if need be.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Options
    @3rdtime_charmed I'm sorry you're having such a rough time. Even when they go well, twin pregnancies are hard. And adding in complications and previous losses, that can't be easy, mentally and physically.  Hang in there, I hope everything goes as well as it can for you in these last two months. 
  • Options
    @3rdtime_charmed that is completely understandable. I hope your little ones keep growing well in there and you get some relief. Take all the time you be and know you’ll be missed here. Sending you creepy internet hugs. Just a dm away if you need to vent.
    @beachbaby0523 my dr just checked at my last 2 appointment (28 weeks and 31). I’d just ask if you’re interested!
  • Options
    @3rdtime_charmed Will be thinking about you!! Know we are always here for you!! But I 100% understand...when I had loses and lost my baby after my 1st transfer, I felt the same way. I loved my group, but it made me really bitter at the same time. Sending lots of love! <3

@beachbaby0523 I watched a video online and tried to figure the baby positioning out myself, but also clueless! Your growth scan will be the best way to know. My OB hasn't attempted to guess, but thinking I may ask at my next appt as well. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
  • Options
    laur84nslaur84ns member
    edited January 2019
    @lelkcot That’s interesting that you got your TDAP at 31 weeks... my OB didnt mention it at my 31 week appointment. I’ll have to ask her about it next week. Yes, like you I’m getting lots of movement but not many jabs or kicks. So different from DD when all I remember was kick/jab/punch - like movements. This time around I’m getting lots of rolls and weird stretchy movements.  
    @3rdtime_charmed I’m so sorry you are feeling that way, but it completely makes sense. I felt similarly when hearing people whine about taking two whole months to get pregnant when it took me two years, fertility meds and a miscarriage. Take all the time away from the Bump that you need and know you’ll be welcomed back with open arms when you’re ready! I hope that the rest of your pregnancy is as calm and uneventful as possible. 
    @beachbaby0523 My OB just felt my belly and could tell where baby’s head was. It took her all of 2 mins. She did this for the first time at my 28 week appointment and has done it at each appointment since! Definitely ask your care provider if they can let you know what baby’s positioning is at your next appointment - my understanding is that after 30 weeks they can almost always tell.

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 31 weeks

2. How are you feeling? Physically? Mentally? Great, mentally! I seem to be able to let go of most of my PGAL fears toward the end, once I’ve reached viability and can feel baby move all the time. I have my moments when I haven’t felt her move in a bit and doubt/fear starts to creep in but she usually moves for me if I poke at my belly to jostle/wake her. Physically I feel ok. Pelvic pain in full swing, which sucks, but nothing I haven’t dealt with before in my last pregnancy. I am starting to feel winded/out of breath a lot even when laying or sitting still, which is not a nice feeling. 

3. Any appointment updates? Nope! I had one last week and will have another next week. Nothing new to report. Oh! I will have my first “official” prenatal visit with my doula mid month, which is crazy because I remember last fall when we first met, booking this first prenatal for 33 weeks seemed so far away....

4. Rants/raves/questions? Is everyone getting their TDAP around now? I’ve seen a few mentions of it but my OB hasn’t mentioned it. I’ll have to ask about it next week. Also, is anyone else starting red raspberry leaf tea now that we are in our third trimester? I didn’t bother with it last pregnancy but I am going to try it this time around, especially since I’m aiming for an unmedicated birth so I’ll take any help I can get! 

5. Bonus- we are all in the third trimester now. Thoughts/feelings? I am so exited to be in the third tri. Even though it’s an uncomfortable few months, knowing that babies born at 30 weeks have a 90% chance of survival plus feeling frequent movements makes it all worthwhile. I’ll take ALL the third tri discomforts over the anxiety of the first tri any day of the week. 
  • Options
    @laur84ns usually TDaP is given around 28 weeks. I got mine at 25. Definitely bring it up. As for red raspberry leaf tea, I wouldn't start until 36/37 weeks. This is obviously my personal opinion though.

• Options
    @laur84ns what is red raspberry tea leaf supposed to do?

my TDAP was done at my 30 week appointment. 
  • Options
    @laur84ns I haven't been asking about the TDAP shot yet either, but will def ask this Friday. I've already warned my family that they will probably need to get one too.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @Kenneylynn3 @BuckeyeNut05 @kristimh80 Hmm ok, I’ll have to ask then. I have moved provinces since my last pregnancy so maybe they don’t routinely offer it here? Who knows. I want it though! Even if I have to go to my family dr or a walk in clinic to
    get it...
    @BuckeyeNut05 Red raspberry leaf tea is supposed to help tone your uterus to prepare/strengthen it for labour, shorten labour, and reduce postpartum bleeding and related complications. https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/red-raspberry-leaf-tea#pregnancy I didn’t use it during my last pregnancy so I’m not an expert, but lately have heard a lot of pregnant or postpartum friends singing its praises so I think I’ll give it a shot. From what I’ve read, it’s safe to drink 1 cup a day from 32 weeks on (though many articles say starting anytime during your first trimester) and then increase to two cups around 37 weeks and 3 cups daily at 40 weeks. 
  • Options
    @laur84ns Thanks - interesting!  I'd never heard that before, but last time I had a planned c-section so I guess I wouldn't have. 
  • Options
    I appreciate all the kind words ladies. I’m just feeling overwhelmed and so terribly irritable!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
    But I have found myself logging in and following along with all of you, so I wasn’t very successful at taking a break!
    We passed our BPP this week.
    I got in a fender bender, all are fine, but my car is going to have to go in the shop for weeks potentially and that really stresses me out. I’m having to go to town for appointments twice a week now and it’s logistically challenging.
    I am snowed in today, and contracting every time I get out of bed. Which is driving me nuts because I have other things I would rather be doing!!!!!
    Lastly, My dogs have noticed that things are changing and I dont have as much energy, and one has responded by eating everything, a banana with the peel on, my notebook, the silicone hit pads from the stove, a paper towel, and that’s just in the last 48 hours.... I really hope they pass all of that without puking or having major problems!!!

Enough griping...I actually found a bump article about the tea. I feel like the bump is pretty conservative in recommending stuff because they are afraid of lawsuits, so if they are comfortable, it’s provably fine. 
    https://www.thebump.com/a/red-raspberry-leaf-tea
    They said to avoid it if you are already at high risk of preterm labor basically but I think as long as you don’t drink 12 cups a day, it probably wouldn’t hurt.

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• Options
    @3rdtime_charmed so glad you guys passed the BPP, hate to hear about the car accident and that you’re dealing with repairs. And why is it that our animals know when we can’t deal with them and get more difficult? 
  • Options
    @3rdtime_charmed So glad you are ok from your accident and that you passed you BPP appointment! Hope your contractions settle down some for your sake. My dogs are brats like that! They def can sense changes all around. My 1 is super clingy, but the other night her and her sister showed their butts b/c I slept in the other room and I woke up to crap everywhere! Any who, glad you stopped back in and checked-in!  <3 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    Aha. Now I know why I missed your taking a break post, @3rdtime_charmed. I have been having some similar feelings and not been keeping up with this and the high risk thread as closely. Not any bitterness toward the mamas here obviously, I just like to keep those parts locked up in a box in my head rather than acknowledge them sometimes. Hopefully that made sense! 
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Options
    @mamakate1616 sure does. Hugs to you!!

August 2014- 6w MMC

July 2015- CP

[/spoiler]

• Options
    @3rdtime_charmed sorry it's been such rough ride and tough beginning of the year. Glad you are back!

• Options
    @3rdtime_charmed wow that is a crazy week. So glad you're OK!  I feel like you can't catch a break, but yeah for passing the BPP!
  • Options
    @3rdtime_charmed Glad you couldn’t stay away! :smiley: Sorry to hear your dogs are making life difficult... hopefully they settle down soon since you have enough to focus on with those growing babies. Thanks for the tea article! I’ve only been having 1 cup a day and don’t plan on increasing that to two until around 36-37 weeks. Hey, if it helps this labour go smoothly, I’ll take it!