@bpietronicco 5/15 BOY! 

@mrsyng 5/29 BOY!

@bkatp 5/31 BOY!

@northbeach3 6/5 GIRL! 

@Momifbysea 6/9

Griffin5413 6/21   GIRL!

@Bababatty 6/21

autumnlvs  6/29   GIRL!

Let me know if I can add any updates to the list, and include your EDD if it's your first time posting here! 

Re: 2nd Trimester Check In W/O Jan 14

• How far along? 20 + 3 
    • How are you feeling this week? I started feeling more tired than usual. Also my legs started cramping a little if I over work. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? Question: I feel lot more than just kicks in my lower abdomen, how does uterus tighting feel like? My last visit to MFM has implanted this bug into my head now. I would like to think that baby is moving around and I am feeling it. But I am worried it is uterus tighting that they talked about at my last appointment. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? This wed for cervix check 
    • GTKY: Are you planning for Baby Shower if so what theme are you picking. I want to have one but I am really not sure if I will have one. If I am having one it will be early March and haven’t decided on what to do. 
    • Feel free to share a HDBD or nursery progress pic if you've started 
  • @bkatp I still get little kicks in my lower uterus. I have an anterior placenta, so not sure if I ever really feel my uterus tightening. Are they meaning Braxton Hicks contractions? If so @mayflower513 might have better info on those. Some get them around 20 weeks, some later.  I do get random vibrations at the top of it daily now...that's something weird to look forward to :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Loading the player...
  • autumnlvsautumnlvs member
    edited January 2019
    @bkatp so exciting that you are feeling kicks! From my understanding, uterus tightening is like a contraction - it would probably feel uncomfortable and somewhat like menstrual cramps, unlike the baby moving around. Your MFM's bedside manner sounds awful - I'm not sure what your MFM practice is like where you are but here in Chicago, MFM only evaluate high risk pregnancies and spend a lot of time writing those wonderful letters to your OB about all your risks - they don't deliver babies or do regular OB care, which makes them a little removed from the process and perhaps a little out of touch (remember they've done additional training after their regular OBGyn residency) with clinical practice. I've had a few as patients or patients' parents, and they have not been pleasant experiences but perhaps it goes with whatever they are used to seeing which are the worst case scenarios. Nothing you mentioned last week sounds like cause for concern and perhaps your regular OB can provide some additional information and comfort?
    • How far along? 16w2d
    • How are you feeling this week? a little under the weather, battling a cold, a little overwhelmed with work
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I know this is totally silly but yesterday, my 14lb pup jumped on my belly which got me super worried and I caved and bought a doppler (they're on sale btw at babydoppler.com)
    • Any upcoming appointments? 1/23 AFP test and then I'm finally back on schedule with my OB for the 20wk scan in Feb
    • GTKY: Are you planning for Baby Shower if so what theme are you picking yes but wow, I had no idea they have themes! Looking forward to hearing about everyone else's themes :smile:
    • Feel free to share a HDBD or nursery progress pic if you've started none so far
  • BababattyBababatty member
    edited January 2019
    Thank you all for the support last week with my anxieties about irreparably screwing up our kid! I’m glad that we basically all feel the same way. ;-)

@bkatp I’m so sorry you had such a horrible, fear mongering experience at your MFM last week. I agree that the practice sounds awful. There’s a woman on my BMB who is contemplating switching MFMs; you might bring up your concerns to your OB and ask if switching MFM practices is possible.

@autumnlvs I hear you on the pet concern! Our 12+lb cat climbed on my lap and I rolled her off. I’m sure baby was fine, if perhaps annoyed at the pokey cat feet, but I’m not comfortable with it, either.

• How far along? 17+3
    • How are you feeling this week? Gassy. And tired again. How did that happen?
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I went to the gym on Saturday and yoga yesterday, so I’m feeling much better! I hate feeling like a lump.
    • Any upcoming appointments? First AS is on Thursday!!
    • GTKY: Are you planning for Baby Shower if so what theme are you picking My mom wants to throw one for me with my cousins and the few friends that remain in my home state. I’d like to have one here in NYC, where all my friends live, but I’m concerned that no one will offer to host it. :-( This is one of my new anxieties and I should probably bring it up with my mom/sister. ETA I realize this is a ridiculous first world problem and I am just happy if anyone wants to throw me a shower. Sorry, did not mean to come off grabby and greedy!
    • I finally took a bump pic! It’s so small. (Sorry if the photo is huge! I’m on mobile.)

• @kristimh80 I have posterior placenta. They asked me to watch for uterus tightening and report it, so I am trying to understand. I think maybe they are similar to Braxton Hicks, I am not really sure. 

@autumnlvs they definitely are not cramps they are more like someone is swimming in there. But I felt maybe it is too soon to feel the movements such as moving around. I am also from Chicago I go to advocate Lutheran. That is the point they (MFM) are hung on to also, they continuously kept asking me why I was referred to MFM without a known issue. I am 32 and when I was referred to them I wasn’t diagnosed with any complications but my OB referred me to MFM for level 2 anatomy scan cos mine is IVF pregnancy. I think they thought I was not revealing everything. 

Also my 70 lbs dog kicked me once in tummy and I am doing fine. So I guess all is well with you as well. Also there are themes for decorations within pink and blue. 

@Bababatty for this wed appointment I switched doctor who is seeing me. If that doesn’t work as well at my next appointment with OB I’ll ask about changing MFM clinic, I want to avoid them altogether. 

Hoping some one of your friends at NYC will host your baby shower
  • Bababatty - you don't even look pregnant. your cute little baby bump! Would your mom be willing to come to NYC to throw your shower? My mom threw mine for my son out in CA and then my work threw one for me here. Hope your AS goes well! 

@bkatp - I'm glad you are at least seeing a different dr for this one. I hope you like them better. If not you should for sure see someone else! 

@kristimh80 - I have an anterior placenta as well. When did you actually start to feel movement? my ob said I prob wouldn't feel anything until after 20 weeks. I didn't have that with my first pregnancy so I'm not sure. 
    • How far along? 17w 3d
    • How are you feeling this week? still trying to wean off of diclegis. OB said it's not harmful to the baby to I could take my time.  the 2 days I didn't take it last week I threw up the next day. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions?
    • Any upcoming appointments? Just had OB yesterday. She was very proud of me. I gained less than a pound since my last appointment. I started this pregnancy 10 pounds heavier than my first so I am really trying to keep it around 20 pounds for the whole thing. We'll see how that goes.  heartbeat was good. Anatomy scan is Monday! She asked if I wanted to tentatively schedule my csection which was kind of crazy. Now I have to figure out if I want it on Friday June 14 which is my mom's bday or Monday the 17th. I kind of want to go with the earlier date but not sure how my dh feels about it. I share a bday with my dad so it's always been fun to share but not sure if DH feels the same way. 
    • GTKY: Are you planning for Baby Shower if so what theme are you picking - I don't think we are going to do a shower for this one. I feel kind of weird about it since she is our 2nd. My mom wants to do a "meet the baby" after she's here but I don't really want to drive 6 hours with a newborn for her to just parade the baby around. My SIL wants to do a sprinkle which I'm more inclined to do. With my son, my mom did a whole truck thing (which was not my idea. lol... I liked the adventure theme, or "oh the places you'll go", or his room is superheros).
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 I’m pretty sure my body thinks I’m growing a baby in my thighs because that is where all the weight is going! I can see a bump when I look down, but from all other angles I definitely don’t look pregnant, lol!

Fantastic news on the weight! And so freaky that you get to pick your c-section date already. I’d probably go with the first one, but that’s only because I want more summer maternity leave, lol. Do you know why they schedule them earlier than the EDD? Just curious.

@bkatp I hope this different doctor is better than the other one!! Let us know how it goes. I hope they don’t try to traumatize you again.
  • @Griffin5413 Around 20 weeks is a good time frame, I believe I was around then. But it was random rolls / flutters here and there. At my 2nd AS, I swear it was like she was flicking me as we walked out. Now, at times, I feel like there's an alien in there lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @Bababatty - the soonest that she will schedule is 39 weeks. I think as long as you are full term they consider 39 weeks "elective." Some hospitals will induce at 39 weeks if you want them to. My son was born early at 37 weeks so I'm hoping I make it to 39 this time. It is a little weird to be picking the date already. 
    @kristimh80 - There have been a few times where I have thought I felt something but told myself I was crazy b/c I thought it was too early with the anterior placenta. I'm going to be interested to see how much she moves around at the AS on Monday. 

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you for all the reassurances on the fur baby front :smile: 
    Also, anyone going on a baby moon? I already fly quite a bit for work but the thought of getting out of the Chicago winter for a few days for some R&R sounds amazing right now.
    @bkatp don't see why you wouldn't be feeling movement - usually felt around 16-20wks for first time moms and sometimes earlier for multips
    @Griffin5413 I have an anterior placenta as well and I swear sometimes I can feel flutters. Sprinkle sounds fantastic  <3
    @Bababatty what a cute bump! I feel like I'm just a blob right now and happily seeing how far I can extend not telling work
  • @autumnlvs We are planning our baby moon for the end of the month / first of Feb. Planning on Key West. I'm with you...I need some sunshine and decent weather in my life.
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @autumnlvs - we are going to Vegas for 3 nights at the end of February. We were looking at several different options and this seemed like the least amount of stress. Going to eat some good food, see a show, massages. Not exactly the Vegas of my 20's but it sounds good to me now. My MIL is going to come watch my son so we can go by ourselves.  I can imagine you wanting to get out of the cold for a little break before the baby comes!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited January 2019
    @bkatp Braxton hicks would be an overall belly tightening... not just low down.  This is a way TMI comparison but for me, I’ve felt something that feels like uterine contractions which feels similar to like if you’re having an orgasm.  Movement is very different from that which I have also felt but it’s more like flicking or something internally but there’s no tightening feeling anywhere.  Does this help?
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• hi ladies,

sorry for the late post... the start of my work week has been crazy hectic.
    • How far along? 20w today! halfway (!!!)
    • How are you feeling this week? much relieved after the AS! started telling people at work... next to do email announcement to far off friends and family.
    • Rants/Raves? Still unsure if i'm feeling kicks... i always write them off as hunger or gas, but they're still pretty infrequent. At the AS, the babe wasn't moving too much, but when she did, i definitely wasn't feeling anything. i confirmed that my placenta was posterior/fundal, so that can't be the explanation.  Since i haven't popped, is there not as much room to move around? would i potentially feel more movement if i had a bump?
    • Questions? What are the next post-20 week tests/scans? Had been so worried about getting to 20 weeks, i haven't been thinking ahead of what's next!
    • Any upcoming appointments? just has the AS yesterday at 19+6. Was measuring 20+1, 12 oz, 152 FHR. Will need to go back in a month for echo and more pics -- hard to get pics of face/heart. OB appointment later today -- curious what tests i'll be due for?
    • GTKY: Are you planning for Baby Shower if so what theme are you picking -- i asked my two work besties what days worked best for them, so we're looking like the first weekend in April.  so just a date, but no theme yet.  
    • Feel free to share a HDBD or nursery progress pic if you've started -- still on bump watch!
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• hi, hi!
    • How far along? 26 + 4
    • How are you feeling this week? I'm feeling okay. I have started getting some rib pain which I'm planning on talking to my OB about at my appt tomorrow. It comes and goes and isn't associated with a certain activity as far as I can tell. Sleeping is starting to get difficult as I'm getting up to pee much, much more often.
    • Rants/Raves? Besides the sleep issue, nothing really.
    • Questions? 
    • Any upcoming appointments? GD tomorrow. Eek! I shouldn't be nervous but am.
    • GTKY: Are you planning for Baby Shower if so what theme are you picking -- I have three showers planned so far. One is super low key - friends and husbands and no gift opening. One's a work one. One is family and there are over 60 people invited to this one. We have big families! The theme for the family one (thrown by my mom) is twinkle, twinkle. 
    • Feel free to share a HDBD or nursery progress pic if you've started -- I don't have any pictures to share right now but I feel like I'm huge. With 13ish weeks to go, this belly has more to grown. I bet I didn't 'pop' until 22 weeks or so.

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• @bkatp - I'm glad this appointment went well & that you don't have to go back there again! I bet that's a relief. 
    @madasm0530 - what a cute theme for the shower!

TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @madasm0530 Best of luck with your glucose test today! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Hi ladies! Sorry I missed out last week. I caught the flu last Monday and was in recovery mode. I’m better this week with a lingering cough and catching up on work. 
    • How far along? 21w 1d
    • How are you feeling this week? Good, tired when I get home from work but could be due to poor sleep and recovering from the flu. 
    • Rants/Raves? Questions? I started having flutters during week 19 and baby boy seems to be moving/kicking more frequently now especially at 11pm! Oh and my stomach literally popped out this week. Especially, after I eat!! 
    • Any upcoming appointments? AS 1/23 - can’t wait to see him again. 
    • GTKY: Are you planning for Baby Shower if so what theme are you picking. I have a tentative baby shower date for 3/30 but no theme yet since we haven’t shared gender with our family or friends yet. 
  • ndz2018ndz2018 member
    edited January 2019
    Hey 2nd tri ladies!! I’ll be joining you in a week as I’m 13 weeks today :). I had A quick questions for all of you. When did your round ligament pain start? And was it sharp? Today I had some sharp pains in my lower abdomen right above my pubic bone and was wonder if that was what I was feeling? Or could it be something else? 
  • @ndz2018 Mine started around that time. It was almost like a pulled a muscle most of the time. The worst was getting in and out of the car, so had to adjust my seats. Mine are usually around my panty line, but I'm sure it can be anywhere down low. One time I sneezed and felt like something had stabbed me. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 I thought it might be that. Thanks doll! 
  • @ndz2018 mine started around 15-16 weeks mine were not very severe mild muscle pains 

@mrsyng sorry to here you have caught flu. Hope you are feeling better now. Did they give medicines for flu ? My flutters or kicks also started in the 19th week. Good luck on your AS
  • @bkatp thanks. I’m better now just the lingering cough that’s still here and there; especially, at bedtime. I was prescribed tamiflu to shorten the symptoms, an inhaler due to the severe coughing and difficulty breathing and they gave me a liter of iv fluids since I was pretty dehydrated. 
  • Oh ok that’s good to know @mrsyng