September 2019 Moms

Meal Plan Monday 1/14

Re: Meal Plan Monday 1/14

• I had a blueberry muffin Larabar after my morning workout & decaf chai tea. When getting ready for work, I packed a little bit of everything: a smoothie, hard boiled egg, clementines, pretzel chips, avocado toast, & a little salad. This is a variety of options to get me through until I get home around 6:30-6:45 today. 
  • I make all our lunches for the week on Sundays.  This week is caulifower fried rice with ground turkey, and a turkey taco bake.  For dinners we will be doing chicken feta brugers, keilbasa, porkchops.  not sure what else.  DH is in charge of dinners.
  • Loading the player...
  • @monkeysmom80 Yum--I think I need to put together one of my taco bakes too!
  • Monday - Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes, green beans
    Tuesday - Chicken pot pie
    Wednesday - Lasagna, garlic toast, salad
    Thursday - Chicken teriyaki, rice, broccoli 
    Friday - Leftovers
  • @marebear15 can I come over?? 

Tonight is beef stir fry, then DH is traveling so I made chili w/baked potato for myself on Tues. Wed & Thurs is up in the air bc of his travel. Really screwing with things!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

• Monday - Salmon with roasted potatoes
    Tuesday - Lemon chicken & Broccoli
    Wed - Orecchiette w/ chicken sausage and broccoli (skinnytaste recipe)
    Th - Roasted pesto chicken thighs and a greek salad
    Fri - PIZZA! 
  • Monday - Chicken alfreo
    Tuesday - Taco Salad
    Wednesday - chicken bacon & ranch salad
    Thursday - burgers
    Friday - probably salads because I will be tired and lazy by then ;)
  • My dinner schedule is already off because we ate a ginormous amount of food on Sun afternoon (FIL’s Birthday). But here’s what I’m thinking the week will look like:

Mon- Chicken Fajitas
    Tues- Steak
    Wed- Mini Thanksgiving Dinner
    Thurs- Fish
    Fri- Pesto Chicken & Veggies
    Sat- Baby Back Ribs

(I included Sat since it sounds super yummy, LOL!)
  • @nomangos23 - Those sound like really tasty meals!
    @lillywonderland - You guys feast at your house!! Can I come??
  • @marebear15 Only if I can come over on Tues night! 😜 CPP is my jam!! 

Soon DH will be traveling so my meal plans will look like @chichiphin’s only much much worse. I’m thinking grilled cheese and pb&j’s 😂
  • My DH is also traveling and I’m home with a picky sick toddler so my week is a little funky. M- sheet pan chicken with cauliflower and carrots and leftover pesto pasta (turning into lunch for work tomorrow)
     T- tacos with leftover chicken
    (will turn into leftover salad)
    W- Mac and cheese with broccoli and using puréed butternut squash
    th - leftovers
    friday- frozen pizza
    Me: 38, DH: 36 
    Married Jan 2008 
    DD Baby Bells born Dec 2016 5 lbs, 12 oz, 18" <3 so in love <3
    Due with #2 Baby Arya EDD February 2020

• *lurking but just wanted to say @kagesstarshroom SOLID one liner/ gif combo in the intro. Wondering which came first... Had to be the gif bc there is no way you could search for a food-related Eminem gif on purpose. Hahaha I have too much time this afternoon. 

Enjoy the meal planning ladies- I do the hello fresh deal for now 👍
  • Tonight has already gone to sh*t because I’m so exhausted. Frozen raviolis it is!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @pennylane91 lolol. I wrote the one liner first & then was like "hmmmmm" & did a Google Search for "eminem food gif" & voila! Google FTW. So glad my efforts at a stellar inital-post-in-a-daily-thread didn't go unnoticed! ^_~*
  • @lillywonderland - I haven't made chicken pot pie in forever and I keep putting off this meal because I know how long it take! I make everything from scratch, but it's going to be so worth it! What is with us ladies eating terribly when our husbands leave, lol.
  • @marebear15 Chicken pot pies are so time consuming but so good.  When I make them, I make like 4 and freeze 3.  Makes the time worth it. 
  • @monkeysmom80 - That's a great idea! Thanks for the tip. Maybe if DH likes the one I make tonight, we can add it to my list of freezer meals to prep.
  • @marebear15 Do you make the pie crust from scratch, too?!? Holy Moley. That is one thing I won’t do. Ain’t nobody got time for that! 😂 

I dunno about you, but when DH is out of town I like my easy meals so I can sit on the couch and watch all my tv shows he hates. I don’t usually get a lot of “me time” so when he’s gone I take full advantage of it!!
  • @lillywonderland 🙈 yes. I can't stand the flavor of store-bought crust. I'm a glutton for punishment. 

I do enjoy watching trashy tv when DH is gone for the evening. Most of the time I just eat leftovers for dinner, or a breakfast dinner. DH doesn't really go on extended trips though, so normally it's just an evening here and there where he gets home super late.
  • @lillywonderland I find the Betty Crocker recipe for pie dough super easy if you ever wanted to try/try again to make yr own? I like how there is no egg involved & it tastes great. Though the store bought ones these days are decent. Trader Joe's is alright, IMO.

@marebear15 I have so much trouble, as a yankee transplant to the south, with making pie dough down here bc the humidity is so high. I haven't given up yet, but they're always too moist & I wind up having to Frankenstein the dough onto the plate, inevitably... never was an issue in Philly!

OKAY, I am a day late, but here's where I am so far...

Monday: B--yogurt w/ seeds, fruit, & nuts L--indian leftovers D--chix stew
    Tuesday B-- egg L -- coconut soup OR chix stew D--veggie lasagne
    Wednesday B-- yogurt w/ seeds, fruit, & nuts L -- lasagna leftovers D-- ???
    Thursday B-- egg L-- canned Annie's soup OR lasagna leftovers D -- tuna casserole
    Friday B-- yogurt w/ seeds, fruit, & nuts L -- ??? D -- ??? 

My propensity for "second lunch" might throw some of this off, like, if I finish something off then that I was planning to have first lunch the next day? I am hoping to PLAN better next week--less question marks. DH doesn't love leftovers, yet we both can't seem to cook for less than 5 people, so we always have them--therefore, I usually wind up eating them for lunch for days. I am hoping this is something we can figure out since I feel like I am going to need/want more variety. 
  • @kagesstarshroom - I just barely soften my butter to help combat the humidity, and so I don't add too much flour in. 
    As for cooking for 2 vs 5, I try to cut my protein portions in half to help me divide the rest of the meal in half. I get the 6 large chicken breast and freeze them in separate bags and just pull out one breast for a meal. Ground beef I freeze in 1/2 lb sections. Also using small pans vs the 9x13 pan helps me scale down as well.
  • @lillywonderland that is so me when MH is gone. He is out of town now and I cannot wait to eat my crock pot chili on the couch with my doggos snuggled up while I watch some sort of trash. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18