Infertility

January 2019 FET

Re: January 2019 FET

• Just got my beta back and it more than doubled to 266!! My nurse said this is a very good sign. Now I just wait until the end of the month to have an ultrasound, so hopefully things keep progressing.
    I found out I can get some reimbursement through my insurance for the PIO and Endometrin after pregnancy was confirmed. Yay!
    I’ve been having cramps for about a week now. Always short duration, but it seems like it’s happening more often lately. Nurse said it’s totally normal as long as they’re not severe cramps. No spotting, but still, the cramps make me nervous.

• @leilee101 all the good vibes your way!!
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Loading the player...
  • @leilee101 I have PGS normal embryos so I'd prefer to just do 1 at a time since multiples are high-risk.  I'm already high-risk so I just don't want to compound the issues.  I hope your transfer goes smoothly!
    Trigger warning in signature...
    Me: 33  DH: 37
    Together since 2010, Married August 2014
    TTC: Off and on since April 2015
    Diagnosis: Severe MFI
    1/15/2017: FET #1, successful. Baby boy delivered via c-section 9/30/17  <3
    1/2/2018: FET #2: BFN  :'(

BabyFetus Ticker

• Urgh this morning sucked to say the least! Got a call from my doctor and she cancelled the cycle. Told to take off the 6 estrogen partches and start Provera today for 7 days then I should get my period 4 days after I stop it and then start birth control pills. I have to get a hysteroscopy done, surgery to put a camera up to see what’s wrong they think it had to do with my csection scar. Unfortunately I got a call today to schedule the surgery and the doctors next available us March 5th - just shy of 2 months away! I can’t wait until then to do nothing and not get pregnant. We have a phone call with my RMA fertility doctor on Monday about all of this. Sorry to be the Debbie downer there. 

Wish you all all the best and congrats to all with positives! 
  • **** Lurker ****

@leilee101 Sending you all my positive vibes girlie!!! Hoping to see you over on PAIF soon ;)  

@italianmommy8 I was with RMA NJ too! So sorry to hear about your canceled cycle I’m all too familiar with getting canceled, shoot I was trying to do my FET since March 2018 and didn’t wind up getting mine done until Nov 2018 . Hang in there doll!
  • @leilee101
    -delurking- 
      -throws gobs of good luck at her-
    ~~ Our Story in Spoiler! TW loss/child~~
    Fall 2012 -- started TTC
    Summer 2015 - no BFP yet, labs normal, referred to RE
    Fall 2015 - Summer 2016 - Further testing all normal. 3 IUI's -- BFN. Recommended move to IVF. Planned cycle for fall 2016.
    September 2016 - Surprise natural BFP. MMC @ 8 weeks. RE expressed confidence that we just needed the 'right' embryo.
    Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 -- Break from TTC
    June 2017 - Started IVF; egg retrieval for freeze all cycle. 9 mature eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized. 2 4BB embies on ice.
    August 2017 - FET transfer both embies. BFP.  Twin pregnancy confirmed by ultrasound. EDD 4/28/18
    September 2017 - Twin B stopped developing; Twin A doing perfectly! Graduated from RE @ 10 weeks
    March 2018 - Baby Girl born via C/S due to pre-eclampsia -- strong and healthy!

TTC #2
    January/Feb 2021 - Freeze-all IVF cycle 
    March 2021 - FET of 1 PGS normal female embryo. BFP! Beta #1 156,  #2 472, #3 1241, #4 5268 EDD 12/5/21 - Christmas baby!

"When all is lost then all is found."

• @SwtAnana I'm so sorry you got BFN. I know it is super hard and devastating. There is really no mental preparation for it. Hopefully, you can jump right in the next cycle.
    @italianmommy8 It sucks your cycle got canceled. But maybe the surgery will fix the issue and your next FET will end up with BFP.
    @leilee101 FX for you! Sending you positive energy and good vibes. Let your embie be super sticky and strong.
  • @italianmommy8 - I'm sorry! That sucks. :( Cancellations are awful.

@SwtAnana - I'm so sorry. That sucks. I know how it feels to have a PGS normal FET fail.

@firstivfoct2018 - I see no issue with traveling in your first trimester. If it were your third, that might be a concern, but perhaps I'm missing the reason for the worry. What makes you think you shouldn't?

AFM, I had my transfer today. Word to the wise - do not drink a 16oz beverage and half a venti ice water on the way to the clinic, before starting your 24-36ozs you're supposed to drink in the hour before. I had to empty about 8oz of water from my bladder because it was too full, and I only had 16oz of my fluid before I stopped. And I peed when I got there, too. My embryo looked great. It was hatching a little in the picture they gave me from 8:45am. 3 hours later, then it came on screen to go into the catheter, it was a good 80% out of the shell. I also asked if we could check my progesterone just to make sure what I'm taking is being absorbed sufficiently, since last time had unexplained bleeding that may or may not have caused the failure. They agreed, but said the levels do fluctuate a lot, so they may not be able to tell much from the results. So anxious that this one won't work either. :/

• lwalsh87lwalsh87 member
    edited January 2019
    @ittybittybug-2 fingers crossed for you. 

I found out that my transfer date is this Thursday January 17th :) 
    Has everyone here been on progesterone before there transfer? My clinic told me to start using progesterone the day of the transfer. 
  • @ittybittybug-2 Congrats on a good transfer! And 80% hatched?!! That's pretty awesome :)
    @lwalsh87 I just looked in my schedule and looks like my dr added progesterone 4 days prior to transfer (PIO and Endometrin). 
  • People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @leilee101 yay!!  Congratulations!!  Now burrow, baby, burrow!!  Do you know what your lining was at or did they not check it after last week?
    Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
    TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
    3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

•  @leilee101 congrats on the transfer!

@italianmommy8 go all "Jersey" on them and get them to take you for surgery!

@SwtAnana Im sorry about your cenellation. I also have one noremal PGS embie and one Mosaci...has your RE talked to you at all about your Mosaic? Mine has not

AFM- woke up with bleeding today after being on oral estrace for 4 days...apparently the clinic forgot to tell me that would happen, I was just a BIT freaked this morning.

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

suspected ectopic 10/17 - methotrexate

suspected ectopic 2/18 - methotrextate

DX - unexplained/old eggs

ER June 2017 - 13 retr, 10 fert, 5 to PGS, 1 normal, 1 mosaic

FET week of 8/13 - cancelled

• @mayflower513 I asked today, my doctor said they don’t check after adding the progesterone because the it changes the thickness and looks of it to prepare for implantation. She said she has women get pregnant with a thin lining all the time,  Just hope mine was fluffy enough.. 
  • @leilee101 I am praying for you so hard girl!  Paleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese stick, tiny embryo!!!!

Me: 34  DH: 36

Married: 6 years

TTC: 6 years

Diagnosis: Male Factor

4 Failed I.U.I's with Clomid in 2017 

Retreival #1: 12/17= 9 eggs, 6 fertilized, 2 frozen 5dp

Fresh Transfer #1: 12/17- BFN

FET #1: 3/18- CP   Beta #1= 30 & Beta #2= 26

Retreival #2: 6/18= 16 eggs, 10 fertilized, 5 frozen 6dp

FET #2: 7/18 - M/C at 9 weeks    Beta #1= 229 & Beta #2= 444

FET #3: scheduled for 12/7/18  M/C at 7 weeks  :'(  Beta #1 = 50, Beta # 2 = 115, Beta #3 = 301

FET #4:  scheduled for 8/16/19

• @SwtAnana I'm so sorry to hear about the BFN - we seem to have similar histories and I was so rooting for you! I'm glad you have a few good embryos left and I know at least one of them will be the winner! 

@italianmommy8 also sorry to hear about the cancellation - that is my biggest fear every time another cycle/round starts. At least you will be addressing the root causes to make your environment that much more perfect - I hope it gets scheduled quickly for you! 

It's been a while since I posted so a general congrats to the ladies with positives in the Jan group! 

@lwalsh87 my transfer date was just set as 1/17 too! I started PIO injections yesterday (need a sore butt emoji)

AFM had lining check and labs Saturday, all looked good to transfer Thursday. I was really worried about cancellation because I've had poor response to meds in the other cycles. Glad I hit the minimum! Lining was trilimenar, 7mm at the time and hopefully will grow a bit more as I'm continuing estrace until then. I really hope this day 6 embryo takes - I hate seeing the low probability of success for a 6 day-er but have to try to be positive (it's so hard). My husband said he had a dream that it worked and it was a girl ha. He really wants boys - and I don't care as long as it's healthy... but for him to dream of a girl must be a good omen  :D

• @leilee101 yay! Congrats on the transfer!
    @rmmgr Good luck! My date was pushed back today actually. :( They said my progesterone wasn't high enough. (I'm doing a natural cycle) Today it was at 0.8 and they said it needs to be 1.5 for two days. I'm not looking at a Saturday/ Sunday transfer. Hopefully my progesterone keeps going up!
  • @leilee101 Happy Transfer Day!!! Thinking of you!! <3
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @leilee101 CONGRATS!! Your embaby is absolutely beautiful:)! When is your beta?
  • @ittybittybug-2 and @leilee101 congrats on being PUPO!! And wow leilee you’ve got quite the support system here!  My embie was also hatching I think that’s a good thing.  

Baby dust to you guys and everyone transferring this week!

congrats @LauraJon2015!

AFM, I have my first ultrasound on Friday.  I keep testing to make sure that line stays dark and so far so good!  We rescheduled our flights.  My RE doesn’t recommend going away at this time because of all the monitoring they’re still doing.
  • @firstivfoct2018 yay I’m so happy for you. I know your appointment on Friday will go well.
    My clinic is having me wait until Feb 1 and it feels so far away! Not sure if they have me wait because appointments are limited, because of my financing, or something else.

• Good luck, @ittybittybug-2 and @leilee101
    @lwalsh87 shucks, no more transfer twin! Hoping your progesterone goes up to the right number so you can get your transfer this weekend :-) 
  • Thanks @rmmgr! Good luck on Thursday! My transfer day is officially Saturday! :)
  • dukie001dukie001 member
    edited January 2019
    @ittybittybug-2 and @leilee101 Congratulations on PUPO!
    @firstivfoct2018 wow, Friday?!! That is so cool! FX for you. I'm sure your appointment will be very pleasant, you'll see your little one in there :)
    @rmmgr FX for you too! Hopefully, your embie is super sticky :)
    @lwalsh87 That sucks that they pushed your transfer. But it probably better to wait a couple of days, the end result outweighs everything else!

AFM went to do labs today again - 586 estrogen and 9.3 lining. Still have two more appointments before the transfer next Tuesday.
  • @LauraJon2015 and you’ll have your first ultrasound then? I’m having weekly ultrasounds- this week to see the sac and next week hopefully the hb I think.  Mine likes to monitor a lot which is a little stressful but hopefully good...
  • @firstivfoct2018
    Congratulations!!!!
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @firstivfoct2018 yes then I finally get to do the OB ultrasound. I can’t wait! 

• edited January 2019
    So scared and worried. I started heavy spotting (is that a thing? very light bleeding perhaps?) this afternoon, 4dp5dt after having some cramping. Last time, I started similarly (but in the morning of 4dp5dt, this time was noon) and it progressed to full flow by the next day, then bleeding enough to make me wonder if I needed to go to the hospital for a couple days, then back to light flow for a total of 11 days. They checked my progesterone this time because they were utterly baffled about what happened last time and if it was menstrual bleeding or something else, and my p4 was 'optimal' so I shouldn't be able to be getting my period this soon. This is also why they wanted to do a medicated cycle so they could control all hormones and there was no possibility of my own body interfering. It could be implantation bleeding, but it seems heavy and awfully red for that, although it's also not 'full flow' either (yet). My RE had my nurse leave a message to add another Endometrin daily, and offered to talk to me on the phone tomorrow if I wanted. If this happens again, I don't even know where we can go from here since without knowing the cause, we can't come up with a solution. I only have one embryo left so I don't want to just give it another shot and hope it doesn't repeat a third time. That seems like madness.

Thank you folks belatedly for well-wishes. My beta is supposed to be on Monday.
  • leilee101leilee101 member
    edited January 2019
    @ittybittybug-2 bleeding is so scary at any point in this process, I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Endometrin is a vaginal insert, right? I have read that can irritate the cervix and cause bleeding. Have you ever used PIO? That is standard in my clinic and I much prefer it because I don't like the mess of inserts. Worth asking about either way, hang in there <3

@ndz2018 beta is not until next Thursday 1/24. A full week away ugh. I forgot how torturous the TWW is 
  • @leilee101 - Yes. I was on 4ccs of PIO for my previous successful FET, and am on 1cc now, plus the Endometrin. I was in so much pain last time by 12 weeks. Even someone brushing against my hips back there was excruciating and I had lumps for... well, I'm not sure they've entirely gone away and it's been 3 years now. My impression from my RE is that if it is from the cervix, then there's nothing to worry about, and the Endometrin is absorbed more quickly and is right where it needs to be. I did speak to her today and she basically said there's no way to know what this is yet, and it could be caused by implantation and some women bleed throughout their first trimester, so it doesn't necessarily mean it's failed.
  • @knottienj My clinic has not spoken to me about my mosaic at all.  I have just randomly searched for stories about mosaic transfer successes.  I think they'll just wait to broach the topic depending on how any other transfers go. I do know that certain mosaics have a better chance of survival but I don't even know where mine falls.

My RE gave me the OK to jump right back into another FET but I think I'm going to pump the brakes on that.  My TSH on baseline labs came back at 3.03 and I randomly read that ideally, you want it <2.5! I had no idea! I'm calling my clinic tomorrow to bring this up to my RE....I rather cover all our bases so that if all my future FETs fail, at least I know it wasn't my thyroid....

*TRIGGER WARNING*
     Looking back at my TSH level drawn right before I got pregnant with my son, it was 2.6 so slightly high but close enough.  I think the side effect profile for low-dose synthroid is mild and acceptable to me if it means I get to take home a baby so I'm going to really push for thyroid testing and additional medication.  This is going to be tough because I really respect my RE but sometimes you really have to advocate for yourself.
    Trigger warning in signature...
    Me: 33  DH: 37
    Together since 2010, Married August 2014
    TTC: Off and on since April 2015
    Diagnosis: Severe MFI
    1/15/2017: FET #1, successful. Baby boy delivered via c-section 9/30/17  <3
    1/2/2018: FET #2: BFN  :'(

BabyFetus Ticker

• @ittybittybug-2 Fingers crossed everything goes well for your beta - bleeding is scary and just adds another layer of stress  :#

@dukie001 Thank you, and good luck Tuesday!

I had my transfer yesterday and it did not go well... or at least I feel that it didn't. The doctor hit my fundus pretty hard with the catheter. I've read (too many) studies/articles saying how detrimental that is to implantation success and that it's essentially negligent practice to hit the fundus even with US guidance. I can't believe he did that. It was incredibly painful and they had to sit there and wait until the cramping got better, then continued. I'm really upset and worried that his poor technique will have wasted our one good embryo. Luckily no bleeding during the procedure but now this is hanging over my head. Trying to be positive but it's so hard! Beta on 1/28 arggghhh
  • @ittybittybug-2 4 cc’s!!! Holy heck. How did your dr determine that dose for you? 

@SwtAnana yes, TSH should be under 2.5. That # will shoot hovering quickly in early pregnant too. Your free T3 and T4 are actually more important than TSH so if you are pushing for attention to be paid to your thyroid I would also push for that. Most REs don’t know how to appropriately treat thyroid issues. Synthroid is quick acting and safe for pregnancy. I do not have a thyroid issue but my best friend does and went thru IVF so knows everything related to it. 

@rmmgr congrats on the transfer! I had to google what fundus was lol.. I’m sorry you’re worried about it but no bleeding is a good thing. Welcome to TWW hell..
  • dukie001dukie001 member
    edited January 2019
    @rmmgr Congrats on being PUPO! Sorry you had to go through extra stress, like the stress of waiting for beta is not enough, the add some more to worry about. Be strong, hopefully, it doesn't affect the embryo. FX for you. 

I'll go to another screen today. My clinic conducts 5 screens before the transfer...ugh and I'm adding Endometrin 3 times a day and PIO today.  

PUPO ladies, Is anyone doing HPT before beta :)?
  • @rmmgr Im so sorry your transfer hit a bump. Positive thoughts and baby dust!!

@SwtAnana I guess our RE's don't cross the Mosaic line unless needed too. Here's to our good embies mak,ng it!

AFM, went in for BW today. Upping the Estrace to 3x daily starting tomorrow and go in Wednesday for lining check. Strangely they are only doing one Wednesday and if I am good schedule the FET (Still shooting for 1/28) So i guess we will see what happens Wed. I know its silly but I've been eating FET friendly food (which I kind of ate anyway) Lots of beans, eggs, spinach, kale, chicken and I did go buy some pomegranate juice. Can't hurt right? And I've been doing weekly acupuncture and will see her right before and after the transfer. 

me 40 DH 43

TTC 1 year

suspected ectopic 10/17 - methotrexate

suspected ectopic 2/18 - methotrextate

DX - unexplained/old eggs

ER June 2017 - 13 retr, 10 fert, 5 to PGS, 1 normal, 1 mosaic

FET week of 8/13 - cancelled

• @ittybittybug-2 that’s scary but I read bleeding can be really common after transfer and isn’t necessarily bad.
    @rmmgr hugs I hope the transfer still worked!
    Good luck to @leilee101 @knottienj @dukie001

AFM, I had my first US today and saw the yolk sac and the gestational sac, hcg is about 16,000 and progesterone 20 so I’m continuing my endometrium and estrace.  He did see an implantation bleed which can be normal but still scary a bit.  So I may see spotting.
  • @rmmgr im crossing my fingers for you! Good luck to everyone who will have there transfers within the next few days. Mine is tomorrow. I'm starting to get a little nervous. What did you ladies do to prepare? I've been eating brazil nuts and drinking pomegranate juice. I have my transfer day outfit ready to go along with warm cozy clothes and socks for the next few days. I also just organized and cleaned my apartment to keep busy. I don't know what to do with myself!
  • @lwalsh87 Good luck to you tomorrow!

So I went to another appt today. The nurse didn't call me to tell my numbers. But during u/s I saw that my lining didn't grow since Tuesday. The u/s lady took three measurement: 9.01, 9.06, 9.61. Last week it was 9.31. But she said it is tri-layer. Of course, I started to worry. I hope the meds do its work and the lining will be thicker by next Tue. I have another appt on Monday though.
  • @firstivfoct2018 That is awesome! When is your next u/s?