Pregnant after IF

3rd Trimester Check-in | w/o Jan 14

mayflower513mayflower513 member
edited January 2019 in Pregnant after IF

This is a weekly check in for the mamas who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun. 

• How far along? EDD?
  • How is everyone feeling this week? 
  • Any upcoming appointments? 
  • GTKY: When is everything thinking of taking off for maternity leave?
  • Don't forget about HDBD or PIP your nursery!

If you're just joining us please post a: 

• Mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD
  • How many babies you are pregnant with
  • If you know the gender(s)
  • How you have been feeling in your 3rd tri

Please let us know if you need to be added to the list below:

@LynnNJ EDD 2/2 (eviction date 1/28) BOY!

@mayflower513 EDD 2/4 (eviction date 1/31) BOY!

@darkstar42 EDD 2/13 BOY!

@more14 EDD 2/17 (eviction date 1/31) GIRL!

@JamieH2000 EDD 2/20 BOY!

@halips EDD 2/22 (eviction date 2/10) BOY!

@drove2u EDD 3/23 (eviction date 3/18) BOY!

kristimh80 EDD 3/28 GIRL!

@uterusdreams EDD 3/29 GIRL!

@scikap EDD 4/1 BOY!

Pregnancy TickerAbout me: *TW*

Me: 34, DH: 38                                                                                                                                                                                
TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
Surprise BFP 10/15, live ectopic, lost ruptured tube on 11/5/15 at 8 weeks                                                                              
Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
HSG 1/18 after no BFPs- diagnosed w/ tubal infertility and referred to RE                                                                     
3/28/18 remaining tube removed                                                                                                                                              
IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

Re: 3rd Trimester Check-in | w/o Jan 14

• How far along? EDD? 29w4dHow is everyone feeling this week? Feeling good. Had a nice relaxing weekend and got some "nesting" i as MH would say lolAny upcoming appointments? Had a reg OB appt Friday, everything looked good. Besides my OB telling me she was moving. FX I really like the OB I'll see next week at my growth scan.GTKY: When is everything thinking of taking off for maternity leave? I'm having a hard time with this one. My work will drag their feet finding someone if I don't go sooner than later. But was hoping to get someone in I could help train. Don't forget about HDBD or PIP your nursery! We finally got curtains this weekend, idk why but that was a huge accomplishment! lol Now if my rug would get 100% complete finally. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• @kristimh80 thanks for the GTKY!

That stinks about your OB moving - hopefully you like your new one!!  It's hard to figure out when to go out on leave - especially since when baby comes isn't exactly guaranteed!

AFM...
    • How far along? EDD?  37 weeks... 1/31 c section scheduled.
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Feeling ok aside from the awful sleeping.  My stomach is physically uncomfortable - I have like a lump next to my belly button that I think is scar tissue from my tube removal... and it's numb yet hurts, especially if I have a shirt or ANYTHING touching it.  So pretty much all the time.  I started taking zantac so the reflux has improved at least.  Baby has been seemingly moving less so that has me freaked out but I also don't want to call about it because he IS still moving here and there, it just seems to be less (as he's moving right now). My 3 year old is also having trouble at school (getting in trouble for misbehaving) so that has me super stressed out because I don't know what to do about it.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Regular OB appt this wednesday.
    • GTKY: When is everything thinking of taking off for maternity leave? My last day is 1/25 right now.  I don't think I'm coming back after but haven't said that because I'm not 100% sure on it.  But it's making it hard to be super motivated.
    • Don't forget about HDBD or PIP your nursery!  We have no nursery right now because our reno is not done and won't be done until baby gets here or after.  It's a little unnerving to have no space to put things.  I have a bunch of baby clothes in bins in my bedroom as well as a bassinet someone is letting us borrow.  The crib is apart in what will be the playroom... it's a mess.

TTC #1 June of 2014  9/14 BFP, baby boy EDD 5/18/15. Elias (Eli) born 5/13/15 7lb0oz, 19 inches.                                      
    Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   
    IVF 5/18: 15 retrieved, 11 fertilized, 8 blasts -- (3) 4aa, (2) 5aa (2) 4ba frozen -- fresh transfer of 1 day-5 4aa blast, BFP, EDD 2/4/19

• Loading the player...
  • @mayflower513 So sorry your belly hurts some! Hopefully, after baby is here it will calm down for you as there won't be as much pressure against your scar tissue. You're so close to delivery and they say babies eventually aren't as active as they were when they had a lot of room to play in, so I wouldn't get too concerned esp since you are still feeling him :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 Love the curtains! Hope all goes well with the new OB.
    @mayflower513 Sounds like you have a lot of stress going on right now! My midwife said to only worry about decreased movement if there is a progressive pattern of feeling less and less movement over a few days. I'm sure baby is ok!

How far along? EDD? 35w5d, 2/13
    How is everyone feeling this week? Feeling pretty good! Unfortunately MH dislocated his shoulder, so that's making it much harder for us to get things prepped around the house. FX he recovers quickly, because we still have quite a bit to do, including figuring out how to put the car seat in his car.
    Any upcoming appointments? I start weekly appointments this week. They're retesting my iron and doing the GBS swab this Wednesday, so hopefully all looks good.
    GTKY: When is everything thinking of taking off for maternity leave? I'm an academic, and my spring semester starts the first week of Feb. Since baby is due the following week, I'm taking the whole semester off. I'm teaching online until the end of Jan, but essentially I'm already off.
  • @kristimh80 I love your nursery pic, so soft and inviting! Sorry to hear about your OB, fingers crossed you like the new one!

@mayflower513 glad to hear your reflux is improving. I can appreciate the movement issue. My little guy moves will move a lot for a  short period of time, but then I won't feel him again for hours. I start to worry and then almost panic and he  moves a bunch again. I read that this is common the further you get in pregnancy though, as they sleep more and have less room. Did you experience it with your first?

@darkstar42 oh no, I hope H recovers quickly! Good luck with the tests this week!
    • How far along? EDD? 34+3/ Feb 22, induction no later than Feb 10
    • How is everyone feeling this week? so so so tired. I'm up to pee every 1.5 hours at night and can't get comfortable again. Baby has clearly shifted down and is putting more pressure on my pelvis that before too. I'm also really annoyed, as we are having our bathroom redone this week (not by choice, but because of a leak) and it's so inconvenient. Trekking up and down the stairs to use the other bathroom and having a huge mess around my house is making me crazy and bitchy lol @mayflower513 I don't know how you are dealing with it!!
    • Any upcoming appointments? NST and OB on Thursday
    • GTKY: When is everything thinking of taking off for maternity leave? Feb 1 is my last day. Knowing that I will be induced sometime btwn the 3rd and 10th, I may work from home until induction day but didn't want to be at work that week!
    *TW* Pregnancy/Loss Mentioned
    Me: 37 /PCOS DH: 37/no issues TTC: 7/13
    Started with RE 12/14; 3 failed rounds of clomid, started letrozole
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #1 - 9/15 Cancelled Day 9
    IVF #2- started stims 10/24  ER- 11/15 6 eggs- 5 fertilized/ 1 frozen
    FET #1 -1 embryo-12/9/15- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #2- 2 embryos- April 4th-BFN
    ERA-June 8- results show need 12 addt'l hours of PIO
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Confirmed singleton-Heartbeat on 9/19-160bpm! EDD: May 1, 2017, It's a girl!!
    Pre-term labor/loss-stillborn at 18w. 
    FET #4- 1 embryo-Aug 12th-BFP on 8/23 Beta #1-112 Beta #2-298 Beta #3-1010
    Confirmed Identicals!- Heartbeats seen on 9/8  Miscarriage on 9/18
    FET #5- 1 embryo- 1/12/18-BFN
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.
    IVF#4- April 2018 8 eggs, 7 fertilized/3 frozen
    FET #6- 1 embryo- 6/11/18- BFP on 6/21 Beta #1-446, Beta #2-1841 
    Confirmed singleton- 6/29/18 HB-157 EDD: February 22, 2019. It's a Boy!

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @kristimh80 I love those curtains! I'm sorry your OB is moving, that's stressful. I hope you like this new one you see!
    @mayflower513 You're getting so close. Sorry about the scar tissue bump, that sounds super painful and annoying. And I think it's normal for movement to get less frequent as you're getting so close to delivery, he just doesn't have as much room to wiggle anymore! And school behavioral issues can be so stressful, I hope that settles down soon. <3
    @darkstar42 OUCH for your husband's shoulder! And good luck with the tests this week.
    @halips I hear you on being tired. I feel like first trimester exhaustion is back for me lately. And it's sort of unfortunate because instead of a "2nd tri energy burst" looming, I know I won't be sleeping well for a long time to come haha

• How far along? EDD? 29 weeks, 3 days today. EDD still March 29.
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Tired. And I get random pain at the top of my belly, it feels like maybe a muscle soreness or a nerve pain?? Nothing horrible but it's uncomfortable. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? OB appointment Thursday and an ultrasound to check on my fluid - I guess at my u/s two weeks ago it was borderline high? And then I have a fetal echo follow-up next Monday (1/21).
    • GTKY: When is everything thinking of taking off for maternity leave? I have so little leave time saved up that I am planning (knock on wood) to work right up until this baby comes out. I'm due March 29 so theoretically if I don't end up scheduling a c-section I could be at work up until or through that date, but really, who knows?? I do have a plan laid out to take 10 weeks off work and hopefully work from home the first 2 weeks I'm "back," so I have to run that past my supervisor to see if that's doable. I know the 10 weeks off is doable (thanks, FMLA), but I'm hoping she'll be open to me working from home for 2 weeks as I transition back. 

• @kristimh80 thanks!  He was pretty active this morning so I'm less concerned (for now!).  Ah the paranoid.

@darkstar42 Thank you -- that makes sense about a gradual decrease.  I hope your H feels better quickly!  And that's amazing about the semester off and then online teaching!  That'll be a good amount of time with baby.

@halips Thank you.  I'm sure I experienced the same with my older son but of course I don't remember it.  I probably didn't think much of it because that pregnancy was so uneventful, I wasn't nearly as paranoid as this time around.  And I hear you on getting up to pee every 1.5 hours!  To have to go downstairs would make me just sleep on my couch, haha.

@uterusdreams thank you.  I read that it shouldn't be less frequent, just different.  Like not as many jabs but more rolls, maybe?  Good luck at your ultrasound.. I didn't know you could have too much fluid...only too little.  What would too much do?  Hopefully it was just an off reading.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @uterusdreams Good luck with your tests this week, I also had never heard of too much fluid. Interested in what they have to say, but hopefully everything is just fine! Napping on the weekends is the only way I'm getting through the next 3 weeks, hope you can get some naps in too!
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN
    IVF #3- started stims 1/22/16  ER- 2/8 33 eggs(!)- 21 mature, all 21 fertilized - 6 snowflakes!
    FET #3-  2 embryos transferred August 14,2016  BFP! on 8/24! Beta #1-22  Beta #2-83 Beta #3-368 
    Lots of testing and finally determined I have elevated natural killer cells. Will begin prednisone and IVL treatment before next round.

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @darkstar42 Hope your appointment Wed is a good one! 

@uterusdreams So interesteding about having higher fluids. Keep us updated! I always heard not having enough wasn't good, so would think having a little more was helpful...but of course I'm clueless! 

@halips I feel you on your nightly bathroom ordeal! I've been trying to lay there as long as I possibly can, but swear the longer I lay, the more baby starts hitting me or least it feels that way. So sorry to hear about your bathroom leak! Hope your appt Thursday goes well! :) 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Thanks, ladies - I hadn't heard of too much fluid, either, but of course I googled. It could be totally normal (and I don't think my amount was crazy excessive, just slightly higher than normal). It can also be caused by elevated glucose levels (I had literally just had my 1 hour glucose drink, right before the u/s, so I don't know if that caused it or if that would be too soon to impact it), and sometimes a defect where the baby can't swallow - but the tech said she saw the baby swallowing. So I'm hoping that it's normal at this week's u/s, fingers crossed!

@mayflower513, glad he was more active for you this morning! 

@halips I did take a nap last weekend and it was glorious. We'll see if I can squeeze in one or two this coming weekend!

• How far along? EDD? 29 weeks, 1 day (due April 1)
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Okay, other than reflux. After getting up to pee in the middle of the night, I often can't get back to sleep because the reflux makes me nauseous. Gaviscon seems to be helping. 
    • Any upcoming appointments? I had an u/s yesterday (BPP and growth scan). Tech wouldn't say anything about it - I have an OB appt on Thursday where I should hear about the results. Baby was nice and awake for the scan because I could feel him moving around a bunch and the tech was chasing him all over! OB scheduled the BPP because my BP had been creeping upwards and we're being really vigilant due to pre-existing hypertension. The good news is that my home monitoring of my BP has been great this week - all looking normal. Also- baby is transverse! But I guess he still has some time to turn downwards. Anyone else have their LO transverse or breach in early 3rd trim?
    • GTKY: When is everything thinking of taking off for maternity leave? I'm going off two weeks before EDD (on March 18). I live in Canada and I'm sooooo lucky to have a full year off (mostly paid, but not all@). It's freaking me out a bit career-wise to take the whole year, but I'm going to take full advantage of it.
    • Don't forget about HDBD or PIP your nursery! Yikes we are still trying to clear out our nursery which is currently an "office" (actually just a room full of junk). We're getting much closer. I hope to buy some paint this weekend!! @kristimh80 yours is looking so sweet!
    About me & TTC history in spoiler box:
    **CW: BFP**
    Age: 38 DH: 38 Together since 2000, Married August 2010, TTC since April 2016
    IF diagnoses: MFI (3% morphology) & LPD
    1/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    2/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    3/18 - TI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN 
    5/18 - TI with puregon  - BFN
    6/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    7/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - First BFP ever! Beta 12dpIUI: 18, beta 14dpIUI: 48, beta 16dpIUI: 142, beta 23dpIUI: 4797.
    1st ultrasound @ 7 weeks: HB 145
    2nd ultrasound @ 9 weeks: HB 140
    EDD April 2/19

• @scikap Good to hear you had a good growth scan! Hopefully baby will get his act together and turn a little more soon! I wish I lived in Canada for your maternity leave! I don't get any at work, so not planning on hurrying to get back to work either. I've also been thinking of at least 2-3 weeks before due date, but waiting for next week's growth scan to give a little insight of what's going on. I'm afraid they'll drag their feet if I don't give a date soon lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @scikap I'm glad the growth scan went well and hope you get confirmation of that with your OB Thursday! At my ultrasound a week & a half ago, baby girl was transverse still. I asked the u/s tech if there was still time for that to change and she said there definitely is, so we'll see what happens. And I love that you get a full year - that's so nice. 

• @scikap yay for a good growth scan!  My OB wasn’t concerned about position until 36 weeks.  Granted, mine has been frank breech since way before then and still is, but I guess they have lots of time to move around until 36 weeks.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• **Lurking** @scikap - Canadian here - I was so worried about taking the whole year, I had said I'd likely be back at 6m but I didn't do that at all - best year of my life. Enjoy the time, work will be there when you get back!!
    Me: 37 DH: 37 - Married 10.2015 ❤️ Canadian 
    DX: Endometriosis - Stage 4, DOR, RPL
    TTC #1 07.2015
    03.2016 - Natural BFP - MC 5w4d
    04.2016 - Natural BFP - Chemical
    10.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = IUI Cancelled (cyst/no mature follicle)
    11.2016 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFP, EDD 08.2017 - It's a BOY!
    TTC #2 06.2019
    08.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #1 = Chemical
    09.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #2 = BFN
    10.2019 - IUI w/ Injections #3 = BFN
    01.2020 - IUI w/ Injections #4 = BFN
    08.2020 - Natural BFP - MC 9w5d
    11.2020 - IVF Retrieval - 3AB & 4BB
    05.2021 - FET #1 = BFP, EDD 02.2022 - It's a BOY!

• How far along? EDD? 30 weeks, 3 days; Due Date: March 23; C section scheduled: March 18
    • How is everyone feeling this week? Baby is moving so much, I’m thinking he will be a trouble maker already. Haha. My daughter had a stomach virus right before the weekend. Her bday party was Saturday. She recovered by then. And then me and my husband got it on Sunday. So we somehow dodged a bullet there and were able to be healthy for her party. Back to work today and all better.
    • Any upcoming appointments? Jan 25-growth scan and regular OBGYN appt.
    • GTKY: When is everything thinking of taking off for maternity leave? My last day in the office is 2/14 and working until 3/18 unless the baby decides to come earlier. NY has a new bonding law now so I get 6 extra weeks which I can take any time before the baby’s first birthday. I’m thinking of just extending my leave which would put me back to work end of July.

@lynnnj and @mayflower513 you guys are so close! I can’t believe it! How are you both feeling?

@kristimh80 I kinda hate that we are worrying about work now. Hahaha I am too!! REALLY love the curtains!

@mayflower513 sorry to hear about your 3 year old misbehaving. I don’t doubt that that’s stressful. As far as reno—we didn’t have our daughters nursery ready until she was 5 months old. I was stressing so badly but honestly in the end, everything worked out just fine and I realized that was the least important thing in our lives. We still have no idea where we’re going to put this baby. Ha!

darkstar42 yikes about your husbands shoulder! Hoping he recovers quickly. My husband had two torn rotator cuffs so I feel your pain.That’s awesome that you’re kind of off already from work.

halips sorry about the bathroom reno. Unexpected renos like that are the worst!! Been there!

uterusdreams your mat leave plan sounds pretty good. I like the work from home for 2 weeks as a transition.

scikap my baby has been breached since the anatomy scan and still is. They say of course it’s still early but my daughter was never breached.

• Thanks all for the healing wishes for MH! He's feeling a bit better, and we're hoping to get him in to see an orthopedist quickly.

@halips Same here with the getting up all night to pee! I'm up every 1 1/2 to 2 hours, and it's driving me nuts. So hard to get decent sleep!
    @uterusdreams Hopefully all looks good with your fluid levels! The midwife thought that excess fluid might have been why my fundal height was measuring ahead, but no. Just a big baby. They did say though that usually excess fluid wasn't a problem.
    @scikap I'm jealous of your year of leave! That sounds amazing.
    @Drove2u Glad you and your family are all healthy and recovered now! Stomach bugs are so miserable to deal with.
  • @scikap my little guy was breach at my 25 and 29 week scans. But by 33 weeks he was head down and I can tell he still is (hoping he doesn't flip again!) I'm so jealous of you Canadians (and pretty much every other country in the world) when it comes to maternity leave! Enjoy it! Glad to hear your bp monitoring at home is going well!

@Drove2u glad to hear baby is so active! Sorry you all had the stomach bug, but what good timing.

AFM: MIL issue here. So she's been posting on facebook a lot and saying to DH and I things like "baby might be early" or "maybe baby will come early" and others of that same nature. As you all know, baby is already being induced 2-3 weeks early. So I'm really agitated that she keeps saying she wants him to come even earlier. Why would she wish for a baby to come earlier and risk potential NICU time etc?! Yesterday after the 5th faceobok post about it, I politely said "thanks for being excited, but let's hope baby doesn't come any earlier than he's already scheduled, since that's already 2-3 weeks early". She was upset by that and told DH I upset her. He agreed with me and told her to stop posting stuff, since we are pretty private anyway. She apparently then complained to my SIL about it, saying we were being overprotective? I don't know what else to say or how to handle this!

IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited January 2019
    @Drove2u Glad you are feeling better!! I'm ready for our growth scans next week...I feels like it's been ages since like u/s lol

@halips Oh my goodness! The last thing you need is more pressure when you're having your baby that much earlier already. So sorry you're having to deal with it. It's great she's excited, but hopefully it's not due to any "plans" she has. I only thought that because in my BMB some are having the same issue but only b/c they have planned vacations. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @halips that's so frustrating! I think sometimes MILs (and moms too) just want to talk about the baby a lot and then they end up saying weird stuff that stresses you out. (My MIL looks me up and down and comments on the size of my bump every time I see her. I always end up feeling stressed that I'm too big or too small even though I know it's silly). It sounds like you handled it well with what you said to her - if she's upset by that, she's being really oversensitive! Not to mention that you're 100% right and it's weird to hope for the baby to come earlier than it already is!
    About me & TTC history in spoiler box:
    **CW: BFP**
    Age: 38 DH: 38 Together since 2000, Married August 2010, TTC since April 2016
    IF diagnoses: MFI (3% morphology) & LPD
    1/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    2/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    3/18 - TI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN 
    5/18 - TI with puregon  - BFN
    6/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - BFN
    7/18 - IUI with puregon & ovidrel - First BFP ever! Beta 12dpIUI: 18, beta 14dpIUI: 48, beta 16dpIUI: 142, beta 23dpIUI: 4797.
    1st ultrasound @ 7 weeks: HB 145
    2nd ultrasound @ 9 weeks: HB 140
    EDD April 2/19

• @kristimh80 @scikap Thanks! I keep trying to remind myself that she's probably just excited. Just such a weird way to show it and especially with all the issues we've had over the past 6 years! I also try to remember that i'm very emotional now, which doesn't help lol
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @halips We all are emotional messes, so don't feel bad. lol MH is finally learning to tread lightly  :D
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @halips I don’t know what comes over MILs when it comes to babies.  It’s like something takes over and even the amazing ones can suddenly be stupid and/or overbearing.  I’m sorry you’re having to deal with her insensitivity.  She’s clearly not thinking about how far along you are/will be, just that she wants baby here.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• **lurking** @halips just chiming in to say you're not alone with MILs! my situation certainly isn't as invasive as the MIL posting on FB and for a very odd hope (!!), but navigating those interactions is especially difficult. I'm glad you're DH was willing to support you and tell his mom as well. 

My MIL has wanted to be super involved in the whole IVF process, knowing all the updates, etc. After our second loss, I pulled back a lot on updating everyone. Even after good 7w and 11w scans, DH and I were still very hesitant but she was ready to start talking about names and everything. I definitely try to tell her that we're BOTH still very guarded/cautious and its stressful to engage in those conversations. her latest thing is to keep texting asking for pics of the baby bump... but i don't have one yet! i was hoping my DH would give her the hint, but he never did. I finally told her that it was stressing me out and that i would promise to send her a pic when there was something to look at.  I could tell it stung her, but she's been more respectful about not asking. i sometimes wish my DH would reinforce my requests b/c it makes *me* seem like the bad guy/jerk.  

i already have enough anxiety in my life, i don't want to also worry about the impression i'm fostering with my MIL!

[/end rant]
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• bkatpbkatp member
    edited January 2019
    *lurking* @halips yes for sure u are not alone. Imagine the torture and involvement when your MIL is an another gynecologist and infertility specialist. Thank fully my husband has full power to stop her at bay. I tried to be the good person for sometime but I gave up and stopped picking calls if I don’t feel like talking to her 
  • @kristimh80 so true lol <3

@mayflower513 thank you! She's definitely taken a turn for the worse over the past  9 months, hopefully it improves once baby comes ( hopefully not early, as she wishes lol)

@northbeach3 Not a rant at all! I totally can appreciate what you are saying. DH wasn't always as vocal and supportive early on in our IVF process. I was always the one reinforcing things and his mom definitely developed an impression that I was purposely trying to hide things. As you know in reality it's just to protect yourself, because of how hard this is on us. DH became more vocal after our stillbirth 2 years ago. I think he finally saw how much pressure and anxiety I was really shouldering, and we talked about it and he decided to take some of that on. Have you talked with DH about it? The fact that you're concerned about the impression you are fostering speaks volumes. Good Luck!!
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • random question for everyone, but when does your OB start going cervix checks? 
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • @bkatp omg, I couldn't imagine, that would be the worst. Good for you for choosing yourself and your sanity over her!
    IUI #1 & #2- BFN

BabyFruit Ticker 
  • mayflower513mayflower513 member
    edited January 2019
    @halips mine doesn’t check until 39 weeks. Mine did offer to check if I really wanted but basically unless there’s a reason to check (to see if you’re in labor, to induce labor, or if there’s another reason), it doesn’t tell much since you can be 0 and go into labor that night or you can be 2cm dilated and stay there for weeks.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @halips my DH is a man of few words, esp. when it comes to emotional expression... lol.  we're usually able to talk through things and i know that our losses really hit him hard and i was surprised at how guarded/cautious he became this time around.  but he doesn't express/share those worries/concerns with anyone else but me. i *wish* he would share those feelings with his mom b/c then it would better normalize my behaviors with her too.  both he and his brother take this non-emotional/buffering approach with their mom (they're her only two sons). 

both of her daughters-in-law can be very resistant with her and neither son does a good job of navigating or minimizing conflict btw MIL and DIL.  if i'm explicit with DH, he'll say something... but it would help my anxiety if he were also willing to manage the relationship "on his own" without prodding from me.  i realized that he's not going to do it without my asking, so i put my big girl panties on and finally said something. i'd just be more appreciative if he could reinforce my asks as well as show his own vulnerability with her... as i do care about her opinion and don't want to harm our relationship... but i just have so much going on, it's just another worry added to my pile! 
    me: 37 dh: 42; TTC since Jan 2016
    dx: PCOS, low progesterone; 2 MMC
    Sept FET 2018 Spreadsheet
    3 failed IUIs (clomid + ovidrel), unresponsive to femara
    Jan 2 2018 - 1st IVF cycle - 9 retrieved, 7 mature/fertilized, 1 5d transfer + 5 untested snowbabies
    Jan 19 2018 - Fresh Transfer #1 one 5dt; BFP 1/25/2018; EDD 10/7/2018; MMC at 8w3d; D&C 3/6/2018
    May 16 2018 - FET #1 one 5dt; BFP with 4 betas (6.5, 24.3, 165.5, 2250) - EDD 2/1/2019; MMC at 6w; D&C 6/20/18
    Sept 17 2018 - FET #2 one 5dt; BFP 38.9 7dpt, 167 9dpt - EDD 6/5/2019  
    (3 untested embryos remain)

• Hate you girls are having to deal with MIL issues. Hopefully, as time goes on, it'll all hash itself out on its own. The worst is you never don't want to be the bad guy and cause your better half extra anxiety either. But same time, it's good to have boundaries of some sort no matter who it is. This is a special time for us all and wasn't an easy task getting here. So don't ever feel bad for wanting some things to yourselves :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• kristimh80kristimh80 member
    edited January 2019
    STM’s is it easy to know “when” your baby finally turns? Past couple of days this little girl has been super active and all over the place from top to bottom. I figure maybe she’s just getting bigger, but a lot of times lately it makes me jump and wonder. 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 I never felt it the first time around and this one hasn’t turned so I don’t know.  My doctor did say if he did turn I’d probably feel it.

Started TTC #2 2/16                                                                                                                                                                   

• @mayflower513 Thanks for the reply. This Thursday I'll finally have my growth scan and will have a clue. I've heard that "you'll know," but no one ever tells you really how you know lol For 2 days it felt like she was having a party, so only thing that can to mind. Oh well! Hope you're having a good weekend! :)
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• @kristimh80 I have wondered the same thing the past few days. It's like he's having a party in there and I feel like I can feel him higher now than I was before. It could be nothing, but I've been curious. I'm 27+3 currently.

hitched 5/2009 -- Me 34, DH 39

TTC #1:
    dx with POCS 7/2009
    TTC on & off since 1/2012
    September 2012; Surprise BFP - MC
    June - December 2013; Clomid/Femara + Trigger + TI = BFN x 4
    April - May 2016; Femara + TI = BFN x 2
    July 2016 - December 2016; Gonal-F + Ovidren + IUI = BFN x 3
    May 2018 - IVF #1; 8 snowbabies. transferred 1 embryo - CP
    August 2018 - FET #1 -- Healthy Baby Boy  <3

TTC #2:
    July 2020 FET; beta 1 310, beta 2 1278

• @kristimh80 mine was breached up until this past Friday and I didn’t feel him turn. I mean maybe I did but I had no idea what was going on. Lol 
  • @Drove2u Mine is head down now. I'm thinking that when I started feeling her extra kicks are when she had turned. All the sudden it was like she was playing soccer lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019