Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TCAL W/O 1/14

**This is a general trigger warning that CP, miscarriage/spontaneous abortion, selective abortion due to medical complications, and/or stillbirth may be mentioned.** 

Introduce yourself/what you think is important, such as number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.:

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?

Any testing coming up/any recent results?

GTKY? What is your favorite cold weather or comfort meal?

Re: TCAL W/O 1/14

• Options

Introduce yourself/what you think is important, such as number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: 3 losses (CP, BO)

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R?  BLAH. I don't know what's going on with me, but I am an emotional wreck. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Yearly exam next week and I am hoping to have a good chat with my Dr on what he may think is my issue. 

GTKY? What is your favorite cold weather or comfort meal? I am really craving some warm chicken noodle soup or chicken n dumplings. Its so cold and dreary here.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

@klmcguirehopefully your dr can help sort something out for you. I hope your emotions level out soon.  Some days are just so much more difficult then others.

@ruby696 Do they want to wa aut just so they don't have to repeat prior to starting treatment? I fully feel you, I'd want the results asap too. I mean, if there's a reason you won't be able to proceed as planned, I'd want to know sooner rather then later.

Introduce yourself/what you think is important, such as number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: 3 losses in 2018 (mmc, cp, mmc)

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Welp, I'm taking a sick day due to my flu shot reaction. Fever of 101.5. I took meds this morning but was barely able to get them down (they're huge....) so I'm just waiting it out now. Maybe, just maybe I'll get to go some yoga this week.....

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Chromosomes came back normal. No surprises there 

GTKY? What is your favorite cold weather or comfort meal? It's like my body felt this coming and coaxed me into making it yesterday. It's not pretty but mmm....

• Options
    @ruby696 I am impatient so I feel your pain though. Also, I love some mac n cheese , but pot pie falls into the same category as chicken and dressing for me for some reason and I can't stand either one... Its like all the food mixed together for some reason is just such a turn off for me. 

@prpl11butterfly I hope you are enjoying your forced off day. It is a pot roast? That is high up on my comfort food list. 

• Options
    kfarr26kfarr26 member
    edited January 2019

I'm new to TTC board - let me know if I don't "belong" to these posts under my circumstances.  I won't take it personally.

Introduce yourself/what you think is important, such as number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: 

1 loss (early spontaneous) in 2015, ovarian cyst causing bum ovary/low egg quality and endometriosis (surgery 2015 to address all) - remaining ovary healthy at that time.

Currently in fertile window.

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? 

Remembering the anxiety from the first round of TTC though it's different this time.  I know more going into this - I'm not as naive but still optimistic.  I've already been forced to come to terms with natural conception being a question mark.  I know how far I'm willing to go, and I'm ok no matter the end result.  

Nothing here - normal annual appointment to be in July.  If nothing by then, that will be when I start asking questions.

GTKY? What is your favorite cold weather or comfort meal?

I can vouch for the Ina Garten chicken pot pie - so good!  I do make changes, but there are very few recipes I follow to the letter outside of baking...and even then.  My favorites are chili and soups.  I'm a lover of all things spicy!  

• Options
    @prpl11butterfly Sorry you're sick!! Having a fever is so miserable. I think my RE wants to wait on the testing to make sure my follicle count is accurate since its usually lower after a loss and since I'm benched, there's no reason to do it earlier. Once we do the labs and US, then we come up with a plan. I'm a total planner, so waiting to find out what it is, is really annoying. I'm sure it will just be clomid, but why can't we confirm that now?! Argh!

@klmcguire Since you like mac n cheese, i think we can still be friends.  ;)
  • Options

Introduce yourself/what you think is important, such as number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: MC 11/18

My doctor originally said he reccomends waiting 3 months after loss to TTC so we made an appt. for the end of next month. Im impatient and waited a one month but we semi tried (without knowing my ovulation date for sure because the doctor mentioned my cycle might not be regular for a few months) and now I wish I wasn't impatient. Our due date if I got pregnant this cycle based on LMP would be the date our angel baby was conceived. I thought that was cool at first but then I felt like I'm trying to replace my angel baby. If i don't get pregnant this cycle I think I will take next cycle off until I actually meet with my OBGYN like originally planned.

Any testing coming up/any recent results?nope

GTKY? What is your favorite cold weather or comfort meal? Soup of all kinds. I literally could eat soup every day.

• Options

Introduce yourself/what you think is important, such as number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: PCOS. 2 loses  1 mmc and 1 blighted ovum 

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Things are going actually pretty good minus crying at the literal drop of a hat. My poor bf is just dealing with the over emotional wrath of craziness. I had an actual argument with my pharmacist about a medication I have been on numerous times. She was (in my opinion) being WAY too nosy about why I was taking the meds and why I keep getting refills. It’s not a narcotic or anything like that, so it was mind boggling to me. I, not so politely told her that it was none of her damn business and that if she has concerns she can talk to my dr. This isn’t the first time she’s said rude comments to me. 

Rave to getting my house organized. Thank god because I couldn’t handle the disorganization any longer  

Any testing coming up/any recent results? I’ll be having the blue dye test done once my period starts  

GTKY? What is your favorite cold weather or comfort meal? A huge Cesar salad (I make the best dressing) with crotons and buffalo chicken and pasta. 

@klmcguire hopefully your dr has answers for you. 

• Options
    @katyl90 I'm so sorry for your loss. I had a MMC 2 days before you, and was also in the June BMB.

That's tough and I understand why you're torn about that possible due date, but if it's any consolation, my OB told me there was no reason I couldn't try again right away. But I don't know the specific circumstances behind your loss, but it was my first, and I got the green light to try again. We are 100% back to trying this cycle. I hope you're not here too long! 
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @shamrocandroll it makes me feel better that others are trying right away. I waited one cycle to feel "normal". My obgyn was such a chill dude which I was so grateful for. He never mentioned miscarriage until it was happening for sure. He just mentioned during that appointment he recommends waiting 3 months and then later gave me the choice if i wanted to discuss things with him in 3 months or not. I chose to make the appointment because it almost would be nice to discuss things before getting pregnant. I'm going to see how this month goes and if it doesnt go the way i would hope then i will take the next month off because like i said it almost would be nice to discuss my concerns before i got pregnant. I just am so impatient in general plus it took us 7 months the first time so i go back to that thought thinking it will take awhile trying again.
  • Options
    @klmcguire sorry you're having a difficult week and hope it gets better for you!

@ruby696 awesome that you have a short and easy work week. I wish I had those every week. Not awesome that you have to wait to test (and even longer for results, I guess).  :/  

@prpl11butterfly hope you feel better soon. I hate the feverish feeling and hope it goes away quickly for you!

@kfarr26 welcome and hope your stay here is short! 

@katyl90 sorry for your loss, I also had a MC in Nov 2018. I wasn't in a BMB but lurked in both May and June because my due date was 31 May. I hope your stay here is short.

@kels0091 I'm sorry for your loss and for the crappy pharmacist. Are they even supposed to question why a person should be taking a particular medication? I thought they were supposed to just answer questions about dosage and side effects. Also, I totally understand the emotional recovery of a loss. Take care yourself. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMe: 40  H: 38

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

BFP 1/5/2018, MC (D & E) 2/23/2018

TTCAL May 2018

BFP 9/20/2018, MC (D & E) 11/16/2018 :'(

• Options

Introduce yourself/what you think is important, such as number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: 2 MMC in 2018

How are things going? DH and I are investigating what job possibilities would be available to us if we move back to the US this year. I don't want to move back unless at least one of us has work in place, but DH wants to hurry I think because he knows I do not want to TTC again while we are in the UK. I told him that I may not want to in the US either but, he's willing to take that chance. It's really bittersweet to think about moving back to the US right now. Otherwise, I'm still in a limbo place until I learn if my cycle is in it's new 'normal;' it's been really weird so far. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Waiting on blood test results and have an U/S scheduled at the end of the month.

GTKY? What is your favorite cold weather or comfort meal? I love chilli, grilled cheese with tomato soup, chicken pot pie, beef stew, any Indian food... to be honest, I love all food. As long as it's hot, I could claim it as a comfort food.

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

TTCAL May 2018

• Options

@klmcguire I'm sorry you're feeling so rough right now. Hopefully your appointment will go well and make you feel better.

@ruby696 I'm also an impatient person so waiting for testing and results drives me insane. Yay for a low key work week though!

@prpl11butterfly I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy. Hopefully you're feeling better now. And that food looks delicious!

@kfarr26 Welcome to the board but sorry you find yourself here. Hopefully your stay will be short.

@shamrocandroll That's awesome you guys were able to have a great talk and it's making it easier on you. Fingers crossed this is your month!

@katyl90 I'm sorry for your loss and know how wanting to try again right away feels. My dr gave me the go ahead right away and in my case, I wish he didn't. I was definitely not in the right mental state and that one (and the next one) also resulted for losses for myself. I hope you find your stay here short!

@kels0091 I'm sorry about the crappy pharmacist. That's very unprofessional.

@radiohd18 That's a lot on your plate between TTCAL and possibly moving internationally. I hope you guys can find a great solution. Good luck on your testing.

• Options

Miscarriage at 6 weeks followed by 2 CPs

Benched

I'm actually having a good week. Being benched has been a blessing in disguise for me. I didn't realize how mentally drained I was until I didn't have to think about TTC anymore. I'm finally feeling back to myself and ready to get this testing started.

Waiting for CD1 to start my testing.

GTKY? What is your favorite cold weather or comfort meal

Chili! DH makes the best chili. I could eat it everyday.

• Options
    @radiohd18 How long have you lived in the UK? I can see how an international move + finding news jobs would add so much stress to your plate, not to mention the anxiety of TTCAL. I wish you peace with all the decisions you're facing.
  • Options
    @drdolittle22 Amen to that. As much as I want a plan and to move forward. My body and my mind needed the break. I'm glad you're feeling more like yourself.
  • Options
    @klmcguire I’m sorry it’s a tough week, hugs! Chicken and dumplings yummmm
    @ruby696 YAY for long weekend!
    @prpl11butterfly I hope you’re feeling better 
    @kfarr26 welcome, I hope you’re TTC relaxes some for you
    @kels0091 sounds like your pharmacist was out of line I’m sorry you have to deal with that 

Introduce yourself/what you think is important, such as number of loss(es), when you had the loss(es), diagnosis/conditions surrounding loss, etc.: 2 early losses 8/17, 1/18

How are things going? What is something that you are struggling with this week? What is going well for you this week? R/R? Well today is the year anniversary of my last loss. I don't know if it's really hit me yet. I have had a busy last two days so that's helping. It feels weird today, I feel emotionless-for lack of a better word. I think in my heart I've given up at this point. Just started a new cycle, didn't even test last one because I feel it's pointless. I feel like I should feel something different today, I should be honoring Angel in a way and I don't know how. I don't really want to even talk about it, and then i'm sad because I feel like that is doing her a dishonor. IDK i'm just all over the place I guess. 

Any testing coming up/any recent results? Nothing

GTKY? What is your favorite cold weather or comfort meal? I have a few Chicken Pot Pie, Chili, Potato Soup, Pasta and bread, Creamed chipped beef on toast

Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @kindbytealikat I'm so sorry you're feeling lost. Hugs! 

@emeraldcity603 I am so sorry about the inconclusive results. That is so hard. I hope you have answers soon! ❤️
    **TW**
    Me: 35 | H: 40
    Married Sept. 2013
    DS1: Nov 11, 2016 <3
    MMC: 11/16/18 (9w6d)
    CP: 2/3/19 (5w3d)
    BFP!  8/24/19
    DS2: May 10, 2020 <3

• Options
    @drdolittle22 I agree with the mental health break from TTC. I am still really in a weird place because I didn't think I'd be here (post-MC) right now but I know that waiting to TTC is the best thing right now. I'm still grieving.

@junebabyh we've been here for several years. I mostly just hope we're really ready to move back because I'm not going to be moving abroad again.

@kindbytealikat I'm so sorry about the anniversary.  <3
    Also, I had to google creamed chipped beef on toast. I had no idea what it was! Is that something you grew up eating?

@emeraldcity603 I'm sorry about the results of the genetic testing. What does inconclusive even mean? They don't know anything at all? 

***TW***

****trigger warning****

1 LC, girl 5 years old

TTC #2 Summer 2017

TTCAL May 2018

• Options
    @radiohd18 it means that the tissue failed to grow. The nurse said that the lab said that can happen when they try to grow tissue after a MC. I'm just hoping the next test actually provide some answers. 
  • Options
    @radiohd18 Most people outside of northern Midwest don’t know what chipped beef is so not surprised. We ate it semi frequently growing up. It was cheap. We also ate a lot of S.O.S which is similar but with ground beef and on biscuits.  
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker