May 2019 Moms

Group 4 Check-In W/O 1/7/19

This thread is for those due May 22-31

Due date/W+D: 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?:

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie?

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Group 4 Check-In W/O 1/7/19

• Due date/W+D: 5/26 20+2

Baby is the size of a(n): A popsicle!

Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy scan and maternity tour yesterday! Went well, LO looks great and healthy. I have a marginal placenta previa apparently that could resolve itself on its own or I could be forced into a C section if LO can't make it into the right spot

Rants/Raves?: LOVE seeing LO on the monitor! Couldn't peel my eyes off of the screen for the hour they were doing the scan!

How are you feeling?: Overwhelmed with the thought of having to have a C Section and recovering on my own after a week or so with a rambunctious dog. I'll figure it out before LO gets here but I'm just in my own feelings right now. 

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie? Geez this one is a hard one... I love the sound of music but I'm having a hard time saying that's the one. Maybe Dirty Dancing. My third grade teacher and I bonded over our crushes on Patrick Swayze LOL

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Due date/W+D: 5/30, 19+5 - almost halfway!

Baby is the size of a(n): bowl of cereal? That seems like a broad description to me. He's measuring long though (90+%)

Any appointments? Questions?: No appts until the end of the month after my a/s last week. This is s random, probably silly question but......does anyone know about whether it's safe to take to an infant in the pool? We didn't have an opportunity to take either of the girls swimming until three months, but we have a Y membership now with several pool options for all weather. So I'm wondering about 1 or 2 months old? Even if I'm not cleared yet DH could still take him in if it's okay.

Rants/Raves?: I still can't get over the fact that it's a boy 😍 I just keep thinking how grateful I am to have my girls and now a boy. I had to run to Target yesterday and each of the girls picked out a sleeper with "Little Brother" on the front. They're also obsessed with talking to him, my oldest has her mouth on my stomach saying "hi baby brother!!" about 20x a day at least. My heart could just burst.

How are you feeling?: Pretty good! Not much to complain about, energy is pretty good for me to get to the gym and feel like a functioning human.

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie? Maybe Pirates of the Caribbean?

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • @DuchessOfCambridge great memory! I don't have much of a relationship with my parents so maybe his parents or something. We'll figure it out. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Due date/W+D: 5/28 - 20w

Baby is the size of a(n): Banana

Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy scan is next Monday. Really excited to see her again aaand of course anxious about there being something wrong. 

Does anyone have suggestions on what type pf pillow to use to prop yourself up when sleeping? Currently using a king size pillow to prop up my regular pillow and it works pretty well but is a little uncomfortable. Maybe just need more time to get used to it?

Rants/Raves?: Nada right now

How are you feeling?: a little emotional with my daughters anniversary coming up and the crap with my mom still happening but trying to work it out. Physically I'm good though, I went to yoga over the weekend which highlighted how out of shape I am  :D

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie? Probably Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind or Royal Tenenbaums 

• Due date/W+D: May 28, 20w

Baby is the size of a(n): Banana

Any appointments? Questions?: My anatomy scan is also next Monday. I can't wait1 

Rants/Raves?: Nothing that I can think of right now.

How are you feeling?: Still not well, but not unwell now either? I miss food.

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie? This is tough...Maybe Chocolat.

• Due date/W+D: 20+4 (I think? Change on Thursday)

Baby is the size of a(n): Bump says banana, but he was 1lb exactly yesterday, so we're a bit ahead. 

Any appointments? Questions?: Anatomy scan monday, found out he's a big boy!

Rants/Raves?: How do I get my 2yo to stop flopping on my stomach?!?!? I love cuddling with her, but she seems to forget every time I remind her that it hurts! 

How are you feeling?: The usual, tired and hungry.b

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie? I haven't been able to stay awake through an entire movie in years! 

• Good luck to everyone with AS scans this week! 

Due date/W+D: May 23, 20+6

Baby is the size of a(n):  Banana

Any appointments? Questions?:  No appointment until 1/31. I'll have a follow-up AS as this LO was a little less than cooperative. 

Rants/Raves?:  This is the longest week ever. Rave:  This LO is a girl! I was so surprised but am super excited for girl clothes and the like. 

How are you feeling?:  Pretty good. My blood pressure was elevated at my AS appt and I'm not sure why, so we're monitoring that. I've been watching my sodium intake and trying to limit caffeine/drink more water, so I'm hoping this was just a fluke. 

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie?  Sound of Music! 

Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Due date/W+D: May 23 20w+6d

Baby is the size of a(n): banana 

Any appointments? Questions?: I have a ultrasound today so I'm looking forward to seeing baby and confirming she is a girl!

Rants/Raves?: Rant for being sick with a cold but rave for apple cider tea. It's my favourite lately.

How are you feeling?: Sick with a cold but other than that pretty good!

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie? This is super childish and nerdy but it's totally Free Willy 🤣 

• knarlytaurusknarlytaurus member
    edited January 2019
    I totally flaked on this week's check in! Sorry!

Due date/W+D: 

May 30, 20w today! 

Baby is the size of a(n): 

Banana or an endive

Any appointments? Questions?:

For some reason, our AS isn't until the 21st, so still two weeks away  Not sure why they scheduled it so far out! 

Rants/Raves?: 

Trying to figure out how to handle HR with maternity leave. In some ways we have an awesome leave policy (16 weeks of parental leave), but they changed the policy a few years ago, so that you could only use 6 weeks of sick leave (regardless of how much time you have) and the rest would have to either be annual/personal leave, or off payroll. WTF? There was a recent court case in the state Supreme Court that the state lost the case on this policy related to someone on FMLA for injury where they applied this rule, so feeling like I should totally push this (even though I'm a supervisor and "should know better" )

How are you feeling?: still puking pretty much every morning at least 2x, sometimes 3x. It sucks. Restless legs have started, so will need to be better about stretching each day and be on top of water  intake.

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie?

Definitely the Big Lebowski! 

• @knarlytaurus Ours is the same way. I can only take sick leave for what is supported by the doctor (typically 6 for vaginal and 8 for c) and the rest is vacation or unpaid, but I only can take 12 weeks of that for a total of 18ish weeks. I am doing a mix of paid and unpaid because I have heard too many horror stories of people that exhausted all of their leave and you need a lot for sick days and such for after you go back to work.
  • Due date/W+D: May 22 | 21+1

Baby is the size of a: Carrot

Any appointments? Questions?: I got my bloodwork done for my annual internist appt next week and it looked really good (to me)! I also scheduled a chiropractor appt for next week. No baby appts until the end of the month.

Rants/Raves?: Rant: MIL issues. She and I are going to have it out sooner rather than later. My husband is sort of caught in the middle to try to prevent it, but I can feel it coming. She has an opinion for everything and I have had it.

How are you feeling?: Feeling achy overall, having some back and tailbone trouble at work. I feel the baby moving all throughout the day now, which is such a huge change from even a week ago! I love it so far!

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie? I have a few favorites, but Gone With the Wind is up there along with the Wedding Date, which is my favorite guilty pleasure movie.

• @ElleJDubs I never officially received mine either. I called and they said everything was good and that no news was good news!
  • cwell2016 said:
    @ElleJDubs I never officially received mine either. I called and they said everything was good and that no news was good news!
    Same. I had mine yesterday and I’m left in the dark. I see the OB Tuesday so I guess I’ll have to wait until then. 😫

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Due date/W+D: May 22nd, 21 + 3

Baby is the size of a(n): Carrot

Any appointments? Questions?: Finally had my anatomy scan on Thursday.  Baby weighed in at 15 ounces.  Will meet with my midwife to discuss other findings on Friday.

Rants/Raves?: I’m still loving my Christmas decorations, and am dreading taking them down.  It’s especially sad because it never really FELT like Christmas to me this year. I’m new to living in the south, and missing snow and freezing temperatures.

How are you feeling?: Okay as long as I take my B6 and Unisom.  I missed a dose earlier this week and it quickly became apparent that I am not over morning sickness yet.  Also, very frustrated with the random nose bleeds I have been getting for the past few weeks!  I never knew that was a thing in pregnancy, and it has a knack for happening at the weirdest times.

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie?  This is a tough one for me. I love classic movies, and it is impossible to pick just one. The Sound of Music is definitely up there, as is anything with Audrey Hepburn or Cary Grant. Fun fact: The Sound of Music was the first DVD my family owned. My mom didn’t want my dad to buy a DVD player, but one day he came back from the store with one and a sole DVD—her favorite movie. 😊

• @cwell2016 Thank you! That makes me feel better :)

• Due date/W+D: May 30th/20wks 4days

Baby is the size of a(n): Microphone.

Any appointments? Questions?: Next checkup is on the 22nd, just routine prenatal.

Rants/Raves?: Sleep is only getting harder and harder. My doctor recommended OTC sleep meds to try and help, so I'm trying Zzzquil right now and it seems to be helping. I just wish my hips weren't so sore from sleeping on my sides so much.

How are you feeling?: Started feeling what I'm assuming were Braxton Hicks contractions last night, which freaked me out. I had to pee but was on the phone, so I held it in. Just before I finally went, I could feel my uterus tighten from the middle down. This happened a few more times after I finally went to the bathroom, and continued happening every time after I went to the bathroom the rest of the night. I know you can start feeling them in the 2nd trimester, and that they're really common. Still, its frightening for a FTM.

GTKY: What is your all time favorite movie?: Probably Napolean Dynamite. Sue me, I like dumb humor. 😂