July 2019 Moms

Symptoms of the week 12/31

13»

Re: Symptoms of the week 12/31

• Since Sunday, my nausea has really lessened, and I haven’t puked either! I’m really excited, but it’s also so nerve wracking! This is the earliest my MS has gone away with any of my pregnancies. I know it’s common for these symptoms to disappear in the second trimester and symptoms come and go, so just trying to enjoy feeling better and not worry too much! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Oof this indigestion. I woke up this morning feeling like I was going to have diarrhea and then... nothing. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop because I've had to be out of the house most of today and still feeling really gross, but so far no emergencies. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I just got my lab work back and even though I only have very mild itching, but bile acids came back high enough for a cholestasis diagnosis already. I knew this would probably be happening but was hoping to hold out a little longer. Oh well... at least now I can get on the appropriate medication and I can mentally prepare for the rest of the pregnancy.
  • Anyone else getting cold really easily? 

I'm  also having a recurrence of puking/nausea/super spidey smell sense possibly worse than my first round, but the getting cold easily is new.

I've legit been puking more this week than any previous week, so I'm wondering if it's from dehydration/some associated something, but I'm trying to push fluids and having trouble figuring this one out...
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @greeneyedgirl12 me. I'm freezing all the time when no one else is.
  • @ccmama3 Ok good. It's especially weird because I'm usually the warm one. I live in OK, but am from MI and I am usually warm when everyone else is freezing, so this is really new. Can't. Get. Warm.
  • Anyone else just suddenly putting on a eff ton of weight?!

I was fine up until about this weekend. I'm eating about the same amount of calories as normal (1600ish), maybe I've snuck a sweet or two in because first week back at work in awhile, but I've put on SEVEN POUNDS. THE HELL. 
  • @foodislove I finally stopped “maintaining” too. Although I’m hoping it’s the week worth of poop and the fact that I’m sore and it’s water retention. I put on 2 pounds so I’m worried it’s just going to sky rocket from here lol 
  • @foodislove I usually tend to gain in big spurts too. 

@bartonolivia I've started eating a few prunes every day/every other day and it's helped a bit. I went 2wks without pooping and I felt like I was going to die!!! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • @foodislove Not yet, hanging around the weight I was when I got the BFP, actually lost 1-3 lbs depending on the day. Not helping is the fact after two weeks off, I'm puking up EVERYTHING I try to eat, even if it's the craving I was actively having before I ate it...

I will say, it's kind of fun to go to the doctor and have them HAPPY you put weight on (to a degree, obviously, I'm sure if I start putting on too much I'll get the opposite reaction, but it's been my experience so far).
  • @nopegoat This is crazy, though, seven pounds? I feel like a pig. Especially since first-tri weight gain is only supposed to be up to five. I really don't want to gain 40 like I did with my first, especially since I'm starting 10-15 lbs my pre-preg weight from the first time.

@greeneyedgirl12 I'm really afraid that my doc is gonna side-eye my weight gain next Tuesday at my appointment. :neutral:
  • @foodislove In some ways I think I'd trade a side eye for an end to the puking, but it could be a case of the grass is always greener...
  • I'm with @panaceia and @foodislove 13 weeks today and I had a *lovely* shower this morning throwing up my eggs and toast.  (and then cleaning the shower because...I should have cleaned my drain out earlier)  on a completely unrelated note, i'm shaving my head of hair.  
  • @foodislove @bartonolivia I’ve gained like 15lbs so far, basically 1lb per week for the first 14 weeks. I feel disgusted with myself. This is the most I have ever weighed. I don’t recognize my body. It’s primarily all in my stomach area and boobs. But mostly stomach. I feel like I will be a house by the end of this. The baby still needs to gain like 7 lbs so wtf?! 
  • @foodislove yep! But even when not pregnant my weight can fluctuate 2-4lbs because of water weight etc from the morning till night. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • I gained 60-70 pounds with my boys. I delivered my youngest at over 300lbs :(

I do NOT want that happening again. I've only gained 5-6lbs depending on the last time I pooped, and I'm really hoping to stick to 10-20lbs total over the next 25w.
  • @julybaybay I think if it's mostly belly & boob weight, you're fine then! My boobs have barely grown, so but my legs are tight in my pants all over. UGH. I hate having wide calves.

@nopegoat I've been trying to avoid salt to avoid too much water retention, because I'm same as you, that really adds up some days. 
  • @greeneyedgirl12 I'm SO COLD all the time. I'm usually cold because I have ridiculously low BP. But this is like, fuzzy robe, space heater, feather duvet, still not warm. 
    AND, if I catch a chill, I get WAY more nauseated than before. For example, I walked out into the target parking lot on a cold night and caught a chill, and immediately puked in the bushes.... 
  • @ccmama3 sorry to hear about your cholestasis diagnosis. Not fun.  
  • edited January 2019
    @hakele I haven't hit that yet, thankfully. I just keep finding myself oddly super-cold at night. Wondering if I'm dehydrated by the end of the day...

Also, oh no to puking in the bushes!!! I've made it TO the toilet every time. Once I puked on the closed lid (thankfully at my house), but it still counts, darn it.
  • @ccmama3, is choleostasis something you have had before? I have been getting progressively itchier and didn't have this with my first two.  Do you have other symptoms?  What is the treatment/prognosis?
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • I cannot sleep at night. I’ll sleep for 2-4 hours then be wide awake until about 6am and want to go to sleep but my kids are usually awake. I hate this 
  • @ameliabedelia-2 yes, I had it with both of my other two pregnancies. Itchiness is the primary symptom, and it's the only one I have/had. It's most common on the palms of your hands and bottom of your feet and often is worst at night. That being said, it can present anywhere on the body and at any time of day. The itch is very distinctive as it's a deep itch that no scratching helps and lotion/bendryl/etc don't touch. I always say better safe than sorry. It's not very common to be diagnosed in first or second trimester, but obviously can happen. The biggest and scariest risk factor is ***TW**** stillbirth. Fortunately, with treatment, which consists of the medication ursodiol, regular ultrasounds and blood work (monthly), and biweekly non-stress tests once you're in third tri, along with 36-38 week induction (depends on severity), the risk of stillbirth is reduced to that of a non-complicated pregnancy. Sorry that was the longest sentence ever. Basically, I'd ask your doctor about it and see if they would run your bile acids and liver function just to be safe... or at least see what they have to say! Best case scenario, it's just normal pregnant itching! I probably gave you way more info than you wanted but I've spent hours upon hours researching and know way too much haha. If you have other questions you can PM me!
  • The really awful taste in my mouth has been omnipresent this week, as has the puking (current streak of no puking: 1 day). I hit 14w yesterday, so I'm hoping I legit/permanently start to feel better, not the one-week fakeout of feeling well I got a couple weeks ago...
  • @foodislove I too am on the holy crap how did I gain this much weight so quickly train! I've gained 7lbs in the last 4 weeks.. for a total of 9lbs since I found out I was pregnant (I'll be 13wks on Wednesday)... they only want me to gain 25-35lbs and I'm already freaking out that I'm gaining too fast. I'm tracking my food and I feel like I haven't been THAT crazy but really trying to check it. Also going to get back to exercising now that I don't feel like crap all the time. Hoping moving around will help keep the weight down...