July 2019 Moms
Options

Funny thing my toddler said.....

My DD is 2 years old.  We are planning our trip to Disney in February.  I explained to her that I can't go on Kilimanjaro Safaris with her because it is too bumpy.  She said "If you go on it, the baby will fall out."  I can't stop laughing.

Re: Funny thing my toddler said.....

• Options
    @bartonolivia I need a full mommy makeover.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ketomommy, Is it not recommend that pregnant women ride Kilamanjaro Safari? We'll be there next weekend and the weekend after that (we're passholders, and I'm running the half + fam is visiting) and I have a FP for it... Maybe I need to drop it? I don't recall it being super bumpy when we did it last year, but it was the only time I've ever gone on it, so my memory may be fuzzy.
  • Options
    @runner_doll I found the list here: https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/question/list-restricted-ridesactivities-park-regarding-pregnant-373648/

I don't remember it being too bumpy when we went two years ago.  But, if Disney is saying it's not safe, it's not worth the risk to me.
  • Options
    Thank you for the list, @ketomommy! Checking it out now. I'll trust what Disney says and update my FPs as well.
  • Options
    @runner_doll & @ketomommy I went on that ride just a few months ago, I really don't remember any bumps! Weird! Maybe Disney is just being overly cautious... 
  • Options
    Yeah... I would go on it pregnant. It’s not any bumpier than driving down a dirt road. 
  • Options
    Today I asked my two year old how old she is. She responded "brown". I told her, "no. you are two." She argued with me that she is "no two. I'm brown" for 15 minutes. (We are white.) LOL.

She has also been pointing out my pimples (pregnancy acne!) and saying "Mommy has a boo boo." 
  • Options
    My two year old started calling his belly button his tunnel. No idea where he came up with this. I'm totally not correcting him though! 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    That’s so funny! My DD is 3 next month and every morning she asks if “her baby” is still in my belly. It’s been her baby since we told her about it, someone said to her is mommy getting a new baby? And she got mad and said no mommy is getting me a new baby lol 
  • Options
    @ameliabedelia-2 😂 read both your comments to DH and we both laughed!
  • Options
    My two year old  keeps telling me i need a haircut.  I think he is onto something 
  • Options
    Overheard while painting today...

DH: Do you know what color yellow and red make?

Toddler: SATURDAY!
  • Options
    My 3 year old has an urge to eat every. Single. Snack. We get right after we go to the store. So I restrict it. He was BEGGING for yogurt and he said “but mommy! Yogurt does NOT cost any money, you use a card!”  Still cost money kiddo. Sorry bout it. 
  • Options
    This morning with my 4 year old...

"Mommy, what do vampires eat??" ..... hmmmmm 
    Few minutes later "Mom, do rocket ships have bones?" 

Kid has a lot of questions all the time, I love them. 
  • Options
    When my 2 yo gets mad at my husband, she pushes him into the office and says "Daddy work!" (he works from home)

The other day she got mad at me. She pushed me into dining room and said, "Dinner is ready!". She knows I never miss a meal!  :D:D:D:D
  • Options
    @strickland8052 my DD puts us in "time out" and takes our phones.
  • Options
    @nopegoat lol.
    One morning my husband yelled "damn cat" at one of ours.  My 2 y.o. thinks it's the funniest thing.  She keeps yelling it whenever the cat annoys her.
  • Options
    shawnacrestshawnacrest member
    edited January 2019
    @ketomommy 😂 My 2.5 put me in time out the other day for smacking DH's butt. He said "we don't hit, mommy"
  • Options
    This is my first pregnancy, but I want to share two stories about my niece... 

When she was two, my SIL gave her an old, small purse to play with. After wearing it around the house for about an hour one day when I was visiting, it got discarded on the floor. My SIL picked it up and noticed there was something inside. She asked my niece, "What's in your purse?"

"Chicken."

My SIL opened the purse in a panic, imagining a moldy chicken nugget or a unrecognizable sandwich portion from who knows when. Instead, she pulled out a small wind-up toy chick. 

The last time I visited, my brother piled both kids into the car to drop me off at the airport. My niece realized that her window control button was active and started playing with it. My bother hit the override control pretty quickly, and she yelled, "Hey! Give me back my power!" 
  • Options
    Potty training my toddler before work this morning... He points to my boobs and frowns and says "mommy those are not yours". I said "yes they are honey". Then he proceeds to argue with me and say "No! they're not. they're way too big, yours are smaller".

Haha that made my day! Its true, I have gone up about 1000 bra sizes already this pregnancy 
  • Options
    My 17 month old is picking up EVERYTHING right now. His newest is yelling, "Elsa! Pause!" or "Elsa! Play!" In the car. In Target. Walking up to daycare. 
    We are going to be in big trouble when he can actually say "Alexa" 😳 

• Options
    @LandS2016 My 2 year old learned how to say "Alexa play Baby Shark"
  • Options
    @ketomommy Oh no!!! That is what I fear!!