July 2019 Moms

G3 Check-In (EDD July 17-24) :: w/o Jan 7th

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

Baby is the size of a(n):

Upcoming Appointments:

How are you feeling?:

Rants/Raves: 

Questions: 

GTKY: What's inspiring you for the year ahead right now? (Book, Show, Goal, etc.)

Re: G3 Check-In (EDD July 17-24) :: w/o Jan 7th

• Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: JUL 23, 11wk6d

Baby is the size of a(n): A fig!

Upcoming Appointments: I have another scan, and our genetics testing next Tue, 1/15. We're also opting for the gender screen with the testing, so we'll know B/G within the month! 

How are you feeling?: Better on the sick front (I can BREATHE), but the nausea has come back. Been really hungry this week, my weight just sky rocketed up in the last two days (I'm praying it's water retention). 

Rant: I was not ready to go back to work today after being gone for most of December (sick & work closed)
    Rave: DH is home due to the furlough, cleaning and being lovely (hopefully). He let me rest a lot this past weekend, and I got a pedicure yesterday which was nice and pampering. Can't wait til I can get a massage again. 

Questions: Any other possible c-sec moms in this group? I'm hoping for a VBAC, but coming to terms with possibly needing a second, schedule c-sec. 

GTKY: What's inspiring you for the year ahead right now? (Book, Show, Goal, etc.)
    Watching the Marie Kondo on Netflix, and definitely thinking of doing SOME organizing, like with our paper issues and clothes especially. I'm decently tidy, but with baby #2 coming along, we could do to pur
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:

July 20th - 12W2D

Roborovski Hampster!

Upcoming Appointments:

Jan 18th - second OB appointment ... also we just saw baby last Saturday at a private ultrasound scan! First time my husband got to see and we brought DS who was very excited to see "baby on the tv".

How are you feeling?:

Good! Still a little fatigued come evening (I have a feeling this will continue throughout pregnancy haha)

Rants/Raves: 

Rant: We got a HUGE dumping of snow overnight and it was a pain to get anywhere today. Even in blizzards nothing closes here (Wpg Canada). Otherwise we'd have snow days 1/4 of the year haha.

Questions: 

Baby's HR was 170BPM at my ultrasound on Sat... is this high for 12 weeks? I am not sure what is average and honestly I did not pay attention to stats with my first so I have no idea what to compare it to.

@foodislove YES I am also watching Marie Kondo's Tidying Up on Netflix. So good! I need to go and refold all my clothes now haha.

• Loading the player...
  • mamanbebemamanbebe member
    edited January 2019
    @foodislove I'm a CS mom too. At the moment, I'm working with midwives at a birthing center that supports VBAC.
    @canuckmomma I think it's still in normal range. My LO is around 160 right now and sometimes waves a little higher or a little lower. 

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/19, 12w+3d

Baby is the size of a(n): A lime, I'm kind of disappointed with TB daily measurements this week! Yesterday they said as tall as a rubik's cube, today would fit on a sugar packet?  :/

Upcoming Appointments: I have my monthly on the 24th, so just hanging out for a few weeks. 

How are you feeling?: Feeling good with a lot more energy BUT my gut is wrecked from eating gluten and sugary things for a few weeks.

Loose stools for about 2-3 weeks and most everything is giving me sour stomach and gross feeling GI tract.

I've gone gluten-free again though and am kicking out the sugar and starch, so hopefully things improve in a few weeks. 

Rants/Raves: I need to stop providing aftercare for a schoolmate of my son but I feel too much guilt about it. It's been really irregular hours, not much money, DS has been a cranky mess from not napping and going buck wild after school and I am not getting anything done around the house. I keep waiting for her to get me sick so I can put my foot down but I know I just need to step up and tell the mom that I need to phase out over the coming weeks. 

Questions: Anyone else having serious indigestion? I imagine it's particular to my gut issues but holy moly. 

GTKY: What's inspiring you for the year ahead right now? (Book, Show, Goal, etc.) I struggled with FTMotherhood, for the first few years and for numerous reasons. My goal right now is really to allow myself to be the mother I want my son to have, the partner I want my husband to have and also carve out who I want to be as an individual. I want to feel strong and connected instead of insecure and anxious. 
  • @foodislove I'm so glad you are on the mend.  Also i love the GTKY questions. I'm sorry to hear you're affected by this nonsense but happy YH is taking advantage of the time to pamper you!

@canuckmomma that's so cute your DS liked seeing the baby on TV. 

@mamanbebe Sending you strong vibes to let the mom know you need to stop the extra work, we always want to be able to do it all but it sounds like it's really affecting your current household.  I hope she gets the hint if you aren't able to talk with her soon.  (I'm a hinter and it never goes well so i hope you do better than i could!) i'm with you on being annoyed at GI stuff. 

AFM

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: 7/18 // 12+4

Baby is the size of a(n): Plum

Upcoming Appointments: Tomorrow, early GD test and meeting with my OB for the first time since moving from the RE clinic.  MH is joining, we haven't heard the heart beat yet so hoping she'll at least do a doppler test.  

How are you feeling?: ugh, last week was rough.  Puking Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. diarrhea Friday and Saturday...gross. now i'm annoyed because i haven't pooped since Saturday.  Hoping things level out in 2nd tri as people "promise".  Still icky feeling but i have color in the morning when i wake up and nausea isn't too bad today.  

Rants/Raves: I'm happy MH is joining tomorrow.  i originally didn't invite him because i figured he would be too busy, but he wants to hear that heart beat and said he wants to come so that makes me smile.  Oh and i just heard back regarding NIPT and everything is good.  still team green though so no information on the gender. 

Questions: Thank you all for your advice last week on some possible apps, i'm still researching. it's not so much now but over the next 6 months, it's really important i don't gain a lot of weight since i'm overweight now and I don't eat a lot of dairy so getting calcium through food (my preferred way) is a little more challenging.  

GTKY: What's inspiring you for the year ahead right now? (Book, Show, Goal, etc.)  "The are of not giving a F*ck". 

• @canuckmomma I think that's a normal HR! My babe was 164 on Friday and the midwife said that was great. So fun your DS got to see! 
    @foodislove I didn't realize we are due date buddies!

Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 23/11+6

Baby is the size of a(n): fig

Upcoming Appointments: Just had one on Friday. My next one I think is the 31st.

How are you feeling?: I am feeling pretty good... occasional waves of nausea but not too bad anymore! I am so so so bloated/maybe a little bump and feeling gross about that right now. That in between stage of doesn't quite look like a bump but is gaining weight in the midsection is a bummer. 

Rants/Raves: My OB practice just started doing "centering" as an option for your appointments where it's a group appointment. I guess you see the midwife individually but focus on the community aspect and have dinner together and do some type of birth/child/self care education type thing. I was considering doing it but everyone brings their spouses and mine would have to stay home with our other two kids. I'm also not the hugest fan of the midwife that would be in charge and you see the same one the whole time. I'm kinda bummed because I thought it would be a great way to connect with other local moms. I have some friends but would love to find more. Oh well... it's still so cool they are starting this program!

Questions: 

GTKY: What's inspiring you for the year ahead right now? (Book, Show, Goal, etc.) Towards the end of 2018 I took a huge step back from social media as it was eating up a TON of my time. I'm so much happier to not always be scrolling and be focusing on my kids and husband more. So I really want to keep up with that! 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days:
    12+6 

Lemon 

Upcoming Appointments:
    Thursday. I think it is the NT appointment? I have no idea. But it’s the first time I’ll see an OB and not a Nurse. 
    i have to do Gestational Diabetes test and not looking forward to it, because I think I’m going to fail. 

How are you feeling?:
    last week was the sickest I have been through this whole thing. This week isn’t shaping up to be much better. I’m starting to look more like a pregnant person than a fat person, so that is fun! I just wish I could lay off the carbs. I wasn’t as naughty today. I even had a protein shake. 

Rants/Raves: Rave for myself, I’ve worked out last Thursday and today (Monday) so proud that I went to CF. And I did Yoga on sunday. 

Questions: What things do I need to start asking at the doctor? I feel so lost. 

I mean. Having a baby is pretty much my goal for the year. Haha. So, I guess the YouTube videos I’ve been watching of L&D are inspiring me that I CAN do this. 

@canuckmomma fetal heart rate tops out around 175 around 10 weeks. And then it starts to go down over the next couple of weeks to settle into the second tri rates of 120-160s, normally. But up to 180 is still considered in the normal range. So, you are good! Right where it should be! 
  • @hakele  @ccmama3... thanks for the reassurance ladies! The US tech had me do a little belly dance to get baby active so maybe that got its HR going too haha. At my next appointment I’ll pay attention to what it is (14 week) 

@mamanbebe I had /still have the same anxiety about motherhood and being the best mom/wife without letting myself go at the same time. My first few months of motherhood were rough and my husband was wondering who I was. It’s a massive transition and I need to allow myself so much grace. We are doing great and I always remind myself, all my kid wants is me. Nothing fancy, just time with me and I may not know or feel like I’m capable sometimes but I’m the best mama for him and that’s all that matters. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 24 .. 11w+6

Baby is the size of a(n): A lime.. but can fit on a reeses cup?? 

Upcoming Appointments: Thursday 1/10.. 12week OB Centering appointment... not sure if I'm getting an US or just get to listen to the heartbeat? 

How are you feeling?: Tired, haven't been feeling nauseous until this morning but it passed really quickly. Seems to happen if I wait to long to eat, and I was lying awake in bed for about 3hrs before I got up. I can't get comfortable sleeping. Pre-pregnancy I slept on my stomach, now its not comfortable and I'm trying to sleep on my sides but my arms and legs keep falling asleep..so I end up waking up tossing and turning. I also still have gas pain and what feels like my muscles being tugged at in my lower abdomen. I wouldn't say its painful more just aware of it and its annoying. Also if I stand up to quickly, I get a tug in my abdomen like I'm trying to pull a muscle.. super fun! 

Rants/Raves: I miss drinking coffee... I've tried to have a small cup, but it just doesn't taste the same anymore. We aren't telling anyone were pregnancy until next weekend after our NT scan and finally can have people stop asking me if were pregnant, are we trying, are we worried it hasn't happened yet... 

Questions: None really, assuming I belong in group 3, since my EDD is 7/24 .. group 4 also starts their EDD at 7/24 so I just picked.

GTKY: What's inspiring you for the year ahead right now? (Book, Show, Goal, etc.) nothing I would say is inspiring me... right now I have small goals.. like clean the house when I don't feel like I'm going to fall asleep.. 
  • Est Due Date / Weeks + Days: July 18/12w5d

Baby is the size of a(n): tennis ball

Upcoming Appointments: just had mine today. I posted a recap in the appointments thread.

How are you feeling?: Better! I stayed up until 10:30 last night and the orange juice I had after the blood test is not giving me a stomachache. :)

Rants/Raves: Cat is having a litter box rebellion again :(

Questions: none

GTKY: What's inspiring you for the year ahead right now? (Book, Show, Goal, etc.) +1 for Marie Kondo! I refolded my pants drawer and there's so much space now. DH and I have several giant bags to take to the thrift store. Somebody on the Today Show said that now is the best time in years to go thrifting because everyone is watching Marie Kondo's show and getting rid of everything :D 

@foodislove I am having a CS because I had a myomectomy a few years ago. (I got it done because my mom had a horrible loss due to a fibroid and I didn't want to repeat family history.) I'll admit it's still hard for me to fully accept, especially when I hear so many other women talk about how empowering vaginal birth is. I have no choice but to lie there and let the doctor do all the work. But I want to request a clear drape and skin-to-skin in the OR. Poor DH might faint :p but if my only option is a CS, I want to be as involved as possible. 
  • @blackhottamales I think your vibes worked! The mom just sent me their schedule for the next two weeks, followed by notice of a 6 week vacation in Feb-Mar! 

• @jennm0724 - welcome to the fun of Round Ligament Pain. That pulling on your abdomen. It is totally normal. 
    I'm also a tummy sleeper and I'm so annoyed right now. I got a body pillow yesterday. I had to wash the cover, so going to try and sleep with it tonight, hopefully, it will help. I am really like a twisted sleeper. I sleep with my hips down but my shoulders to the side. 
  • @hakele Totally dreading 2nd and 3rd trimester side sleep. I just want to sleep on my back these days and I need to cut that out asap. 
  • @mamanbebe I keep finding myself on back with my arms stretched out above my head and I have NEVER slept like this in my life. I usually sleep in a little ball on my side/stomach, so waking up spread out on my back is freaking me out! 
  • @hakele it's like baby style sleep!

• @mamanbebe Yeah... this is me right now! Hahaha! 
  • @hakele let me know if the body pillow helps. I already had trouble sleeping before pregnancy and it’s just getting worse. Getting up to pee in the middle of the night is awful because I usually don’t fall back asleep. 
  • @jennm0724 I’ll be without it one more night. The cover is still drying. I’ll let you know on Thursday, though. 
    Thankfully the toilet is basically right next to my head. If I get out of bed and take two steps forward, I’m standing in front of the toilet. So I don’t have time to wake up fully. Also helpful for puking! 
  • I am debating bringing out my body pillow soon too ... you reminded me to wash the cover so i'll be doing that tonight so its ready for when I need it!! @hakele
  • @jennm0724 I'm with you on the coffee. It's been a huge aversion for me. I finally thought I could handle some on Sunday and it didn't go well. So weird though... because I can do a frozen coffee drink. But no way to hot coffee.

I have the snoogle. I loved it with my first pregnancy but then it started to hurt my neck. During my second I switched to just a king sized pillow (because that's what we had) and I haven't slept without it since. Some type of body/large pillow is for sure life changing!! 
  • @ccmama3SQUEE, due date friends! Love it.

@blackhottamales I loved your gif for your GTKY question.

@hestia14 I really struggled with having the c-sec for awhile emotionally. I felt like I had greatly missed out on something, I was super jealous of my friends having easy, "normal" labor stories, and I was so scared of the surgery at the time as well that I'm pretty sure my PPD was partly a result of lack my shitty labor experience. But I'm hoping if it comes to a c-sec again, I'm more prepared, I won't have been awake for 36 hrs already, etc. 

@mamanbebe Already having issues sleeping on my back, my arms go kind numb. -_- I'm still sleeping on my tum just a little (like for maybe 10, 15 minutes tops), with my hands semi propping up my hips so less weight on the stomach, but man, the hip pain from side sleep... ugh.
  • @ccmama3 I haven't tried to make any coffee at home yet, I can manage to drink a Starbucks soy caramel macchiato no problem LOL! So in the mornings since I usually work from home, I've been making a cup of hot cocoa that I can tolerate and still gives me the feeling of having a nice warm drink to start my day. 

Today is my 12wk appointment and my husband woke up sick! He has a sore throat and a nasty sounding chest cough. I'm trying to avoid him like the plague, looks like I'm making him stay home for this appointment. Since it is my Centering appointment I don't want to subject a group of pregnant women to his germs. I have my NT scan next Wednesday that he can go to and see the baby then. looks like I'll be sleeping in the guest room for a while.. which is actually a win, because I feel like that mattress is better than ours LOL! 
  • @foodislove I've been doing that too! Stomach sleeping seems so luxurious right now, even if I end up flipping over after an hour because it hurts my back. I keep fantasizing about cutting a hole in the mattress for my bump hahaha.  
  • Well I learned today that centering is not for me 😂 it was a large group of about 13 women. All first time moms, and pretty sure I was the 3rd oldest in the room at 33... I get anxious in groups and this size group was not helping. We did get a quick US of the baby. Was fun to see the baby moving around. Even saw a leg kick! I posted the photo in the US thread. So I will be going back to 1:1 appointments with my OB moving forward. 
  • @jennm0724 2 nights with the pregnancy pillow. It is helping me to not roll onto my belly. 
    It is the best I’m finding for napping. I’m out in minutes. 
  • @hakele nice! I’ll have to buy one and give it a try! 
  • I think I paid like $35 for it on amazon. Pharmedoc is the one I got. It is like a half U where one side zips off. So that hubs could still cuddle me. 
    Its worth a try at that price point for me. 
  • runsoncoffeerunsoncoffee member
    edited January 2019
    @jennm0724 I was asked to do centering at my practice and I was really interested but ultimately declined. I thought it would be perfect for a first time mom, but we were supposed to bring our spouse along and with two littles at home that was not going to be working. I'm actually glad you said you don't like it, makes me feel less like I'm not missing out lol.
  • @hakele thanks! I’ll have to look at it on amazon, for the price totally worth a shot at a good nights sleep! 

@ccmama3 it was a large group and everyone did bring their SO, one lady even brought her mom and her SO! (Which I thought was odd, but whatever lol) there was only one lady who didn’t have anyone with her. I could just tell that it wasn’t something I’d like, I’m not a social person and no one in that group would speak up when a question was asked and I felt like I wasn’t going to gain anything from this group. I feel like chatting on here with you ladies is more useful then the centering groups. Of course I’ll miss out on the part of the class where they discuss breastfeeding but I can totally take a class on my own. 
  • @jennm0724 that makes sense! Super weird to bring your mom though lol!!! I thought it'd be great for meeting other local moms. I've only lived in my town for 3 year and don't know many other people. I have friends nearby, but like 25 min away, and it would be so nice to have a few right in my own town. You can always do a separate class just for breastfeeding like you said! 
  • @ccmama3 my doctors office is two towns over, about 25 min away. We don’t have many friends in our town, like you they’re about 25min away. Which isn’t too bad since we knew that when we bought our house we’d have to drive to everything.. we joke we live in the country and we have to drive to town for everything. So I knew in that group a good chance no one lived near us, nor would I want to socialize with them 😂 
  • @jennm0724 that is all that they have at our kaiser. A mother’s milk club. It is a BF support group and just for the moms and you go after the babe is born. 
    Otherwise, all the prep classes are conducted at the hospital. (No KP birth centers like I’ve heard about in Cali.)