March 2019 Moms
Options

Week 4 Check-in

Due date: 

Any appointments? Questions?:

Rants/Raves?: 

How are you feeling?: 

GTKY: What are your favorite shows to binge-watch? (We may need some shows to watch during the endless hours of baby feedings that await us!)

Re: Week 4 Check-in

• Options
    edited January 2019

Due date: March 24

Any appointments? Questions?: Meeting with GD dietician tomorrow and then 30 week appt. on Monday. 

Rants/Raves?: GD sucks. That is all. 😆

How are you feeling?: Overall, not bad. It’s a stressful time at work so I’m worn out because of that. 

GTKY: What are your favorite shows to binge-watch? (We may need some shows to watch during the endless hours of baby feedings that await us!)

How I Met Your Mother, Friends, Scrubs, Will & Grace, Arrested Development, Reign, Big Bang Theory, The Tudors, Outlander...just to name a few! 🙂

ETA: Also, Shamless!

• Options

Due date: March 25

Any appointments? Questions?: Saw my pcp today for a hospital discharge follow up and they increased the dosage on my asthma meds to try to get it under better control.  I'm still wheezing a week after discharge and having shortness of breath.  Next OB appointment is the 15th.

Rants/Raves?: I passed my 1 hr GTT last Wednesday!!!  I was really nervous that I was going to fail it, just another thing to add to my already crazy world right now.  I'm so glad that's over.

How are you feeling?: Very anxious due to life events, still waiting for the divorce papers to get to my attorney.  I struggle daily but try to focus on just a couple hours at a time.  It's the only thing keeping me sane right now.  Starting to get a little anxious about the baby coming and not being prepared.  I have NOTHING ready.  No car seat, no crib...just a box of diapers right now.

GTKY: What are your favorite shows to binge-watch? (We may need some shows to watch during the endless hours of baby feedings that await us!) House, NCIS, Criminal Minds, Big Bang Theory, Friends

TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Due date: 3/27

Any appointments? Questions?: Had 28 week appt yesterday, GD test was normal (YAYAYAYAY!) 

Rants/Raves?: My OB and I were talking symptoms yesterday and I mentioned my joint pain (I'm hypermobile and the relaxin is really kicking in and kicking my butt), and she made a comment about just needing to hold on for ten more weeks. I spent the rest of the appointment floored that our LO's will be here so soon!! Also I ordered the crib! It'll be here end of the week. 

How are you feeling?: The aforementioned joint pain, sciatica (making it hard to sit on the couch) and the endless insomnia are so fun. :lol: I'm typically up for 3 hours in the middle of the night because I'm uncomfortable or need to pee and then can't readjust to fall back asleep quickly. Thankfully LO is quite active in there and that's been reassuring. 

GTKY: What are your favorite shows to binge-watch? (We may need some shows to watch during the endless hours of baby feedings that await us!) Friends, Sex and the City, Big Bang Theory, Mike and Molly, Scrubs, How I Met Your Mother, and (not shows) but all the Disney movies! 

@purpleteacher82 - wow, lots of overlap on our lists! So sorry about your GD. Hope your dietitian gives you some good tips to make adhering to the diet easier. 

@violetmarie61516 - yikes! you have so much on your plate right now. I think focusing on just what's immediately ahead is smart. We still have some time, don't fret about not having stuff for your little one just yet, you can always make a run for a car seat in a few weeks and order the crib online and get it in a week. Hope upping your asthma meds will help with the wheezing. I'm also asthmatic and it's no fun, for sure! 

*TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options

Due date: 3/29

Any appointments? Questions?: Had my 28 week on Friday with 1 hour glucose (which I failed), sat through the 3 hour test yesterday, next appointment 1/18 - hard to believe we're already at appointments every 2 weeks!

Rants/Raves?: Beyond SHOCKED that I passed the 3 hour glucose test. Had one elevated hour but the last hour was so low it almost didn't make sense? They told me I could drink water, maybe I drank too much.... ;)

How are you feeling?: Pretty good overall still. Found out last night that I need to workout in the morning or on an afternoon break because it was about impossible to try and do a workout last night. Any abs I have give up after dinner and my bump is just in the way lol

GTKY: What are your favorite shows to binge-watch? I'm terrible at binge watching anything lately. If I were to sit down for a tv show marathon it would most likely be Big Bang Theory or How I Met Your Mother - both have already been mentioned - or Boy Meets World.

@purpleteacher82 - I agree, GD does suck! Luckily in the grand scheme of things it could be a lot worse than following a diet. Having gone through it my last pregnancy let me know if there's anything I can help with <3

• Options

Due date: 3/27

Any appointments? Questions?: Had one last right after Christmas. Had the glucose test and passed it, so yay! My in-laws and DH to some extent have a lot of food-related allergies and issues, so it's always been a running joke that I have a stomach of iron and have never had any struggles with food things. So it's great to be able to continue rubbing this aspect in!

Rants/Raves?: We've also finished the nursery mostly. Have the crib, changing dresser, and glider all purchased and set up. Rant: Insomnia has struck big time over the last 3 weeks. Not only do I have trouble falling asleep the first time, but when I inevitably have to get up again in the middle of the night, it starts all over again. There have definitely been a few nights were I probably haven't gotten more than a few hours of sleep and I can't remember the last time I slept for more than 1.5

How are you feeling?: Pretty good mostly. Definitely starting to feel bigger and it's hard to imagine that there's still another two months of growth that needs to happen!

GTKY: What are your favorite shows to binge-watch? I have a rotation of binge re-watching "The Office" and "Friends." I'm also currently re-watching "The West Wing" which is really fun. I also re-watched "Game of Thrones" in anticipation for this spring. So, as you can tell, my watching preferences are all over the board!

@purpleteacher82 - Sorry to hear about the GD. That sounds unpleasant. And a second to "Outlander!" I still need to get started on this most recent season, but I like to watch it all in one go, so I usually try to wait it out.

• Options
    @purpleteacher82 So sorry to hear about your GD. Hopefully, the dietician will give you a good reasonable diet plan that won't feel too diet-like. Plus side, I always hear people gain very few that go thru this, so maybe easier later after baby is born :) 

@catlady2015 @HoneyBear40 @auburnvelvet86 Congrats on passing your glucose tests! I think that may have been the biggest relief I had too! I'm a vegetarian and live off carbs, so def didn't think I'd pass. Though secretly, I was eating everything bad after in a panic lol

Due date: 3/28

Any appointments? Questions?: Reg OB check-in this Friday. 

Rants/Raves?: Passed 1 hr glucose test. Only rant is having to pee again numerous times a night and the acid reflux is back with a vengeance. 

How are you feeling?: The usual, starting to feel "big" now. Baby has been pretty high up and with acid reflux...I don't know which is choking me more lol 

GTKY: What are your favorite shows to binge-watch? I watch a lot of the housewives shows, but I also binge watch Billions, Friday Night Lights, Nashville, and old SATC.

TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    2017 - Medicated Cycles & IUI's
    IVF w/ PGS  - January 2018
    FET #1 - April 2018 - BFN
    ERA Cycle May / June 2018
    ERA Biopsy June 2018 ~ Results: receptive (no change)
    FET #2 - July 2018 - BFP <3 Beta #1 - 137 Beta #2 - 410
    U/S #1 7wk1d - HB 144 U/S #2 9w1d HB 166
    Anatomy Scan 1st 11/2/18 2nd AS 11/19
    EDD March 28, 2019
    Baby Girl born 3/26/19  <3

• Options
    @kristimh80 - I totally made our homemade 5 cheese pizza as a “last supper” in case I was diagnosed. I knew it’d be off the menu for awhile if I did have it! Also had a bunch of reese’s Pieces when I got home from the test. :lol:  
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @catlady2015 Love it!! The next day was my shower, so I loaded up on cupcakes and all the bad sweets / foods over the holiday too lol
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @catlady2015 How could I forget Sex and the City?!? Hands down one of my favorite shows of all time. We could definitely be real life friends. 😆

@HoneyBear40 You’re right. My pregnancy has been fairly easy outside of this, so following a diet is small when looking at the big picture. It’s just another added thing at an already stressful time. 

@auburnvelvet86 I’ve been watching this season as it’s been in on. It’s soooo good! I’ve read books 1-7 so far. 

@kristimh80 I’ve been on the diet for about a week now. It’s not too bad to follow, it just stinks to have to think about every little thing I eat. I have only gained about 15 lbs. this pregnancy so hopefully I can keep the weight gain to a minimum. That would be a perk! 🙂
  • Options

Due date: 3/23 ish

Any appointments? Questions?: Just had one today. Baby boy looks good, all the numbers were good, just nice to get to hear his hb.

Rants/Raves?: both rant and rave, hopefully finally closing the sale of my apartment building on Friday so I can focus on something else, anything else, lol. It's a rant because we were supposed to close 11/16/2018. It's a rave because I cant wait to be done with this mess.

How are you feeling?: sooooooo big. And dd had a stomach virus Saturday that I got to share in on Monday. Pic from Sat to prove both.

GTKY: What are your favorite shows to binge-watch? (We may need some shows to watch during the endless hours of baby feedings that await us!) With dd I watched leTour. I guess I'll probably end up watching the final four pp, but may still be pregnant. I'm a big time sports fan, so, I'll likely have college baseball on most days.

BabyName Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @sejica Awe you guys look so cute and comfy! I hope your daughter is feeling better! Congrats on selling you apartment building!! 
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options

Hey Everyone! Sorry I haven’t posted since before Christmas!! I’ve had a crazy work schedule (I have 2-3 jobs) and been working 7am-6 pm and then had baby classes at the hospital afterwards. It’s been a crazy 2 weeks for me!

Due date: March 26

Any appointments? Questions?: had my GD test last week which I passed so I was very happy with that. 

Rave: my husband is currently looking for a job and got an interview next Friday with a job he really wants. There are 3 openings so hopefully he gets one of them. We really need him making some money over maternity leave!!

How are you feeling?: my lower back and hips are starting to get uncomfortable. Plus I have gained more weight then I wanted too which is making me feel a little worse about how I look. I definitely ate way too many cookies over the holiday break.

GTKY: What are your favorite shows to binge-watch? (We may need some shows to watch during the endless hours of baby feedings that await us!

Greys Anatomy, Friends, Criminal Minds, Blacklist, not a TV show- but Harry Potter!

• Options
    @blueberry0326 Welcome back! 2-3 job? You go girl! You get a hall pass for not having time for us! lol Best of luck next week, hope everything works out for your husband!
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    June 2016 - CP
    EDD March 28, 2019

• Options
    @kristimh80 thanks! Two of the jobs are just side jobs (coaching a college gymnastics team and judging gymnastics meets) but we are just starting gymnastics season so it’s been really busy. Season ends right when baby girl is due so I’ll at least have some time after baby is born to not have to worry about any of that. But I’m trying to decrease at least the judging during this last trimester