July 2019 Moms
Options

Measuring earlier?

This is a completely random question, please don’t laugh at my neuroticism but I just can’t help it. My cycles are only 25 days so when I had my dating ultrasound and it coincided with a 28 day cycle, I knew at some point I’d measure ahead, polish I ovulate early. So my 12 week scan put me at 13 w 1 day instead of 12 w 2 days. Do you all change your weeks on the apps? I’m not sure what my doc will do yet, the ultrasound tech said they will see where I’m measuring at my 20 week scan but I would love to move my timeline ahead 😂😂

Re: Measuring earlier?

• Options
    nopegoatnopegoat member
    edited January 2019
    Early scans are usually the most reliable as far dating goes and once Dr's have that date they normally don't change it. Once you get further along your LO goes through changes is growth as well as growth spurts so you measure bigger without actually being further along. 

ETA as far as your 25 day cycles, you could have ovulated a few days later which is why those early ultrasounds were on track with a 28 day cycle. 
    Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I changed once I was certain the due date was sticking. So if your OB has officially changed it, I would. But that’s just me. It obviously doesn’t matter. If you want to keep it and then be pleasantly surprised if baby comes early, not the end of the world! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My baby has been consistently measuring ahead, but the OB said they will just keep the date that I told them with my LMP.  
  • Options
    My daughter consistently measured a week ahead... and then came at 42 weeks. 😫
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We were measuring slightly ahead with this one. The OB told me that the 8 to 10 week US are the most reliable in terms of dating the pregnancy so they moved me up 3 days based on that (which actually coincides perfectly with O for me). With DD I was measuring around 2 weeks ahead most of the time. They never changed my EDD and she was still overdue (40+2). 
  • Options
    Thank you for your replies. I know all of this but I’m pretty positive of my ovulation, and my 25 day cycles. Granted, I wasn’t tracking my ovulation but usually I’m pretty on point with just the difference in how my body feels and it would make sense to me to be further along. I guess I’m anxious about it because I will have a scheduled c-section and when I pick the date, I just want to make sure it’s not too late to have the chance for spontaneous labor, which is what happened with my first and needed a c-section anyway.  It doesn’t really make a difference, so long as baby is healthy. 
  • Options
    I went in for my dating ultrasound and they saw the baby was 9w3d instead of 8w1d. They moved it because I was a week off. If your doctor hasn’t moved it, I wouldn’t change the dates on your app. You’ll just drive yourself crazy when the date starts to come closer and they won’t do the RCS when you want it since the dates are what the chart says, not you. 
  • Options
    Idk what my due date is 😹😹 I mean, according to my LMP, it's July 4. But my NT test ultrasound or whatever registered as June 29. I KNOW when my last period and when ovulation was so there's no doubting that. And my 8 week US was measuring July 4 as well. So I'm sticking with that until they officially change the due date in the computer.
    FTM
    July 4th
  • Options
    Unless your dr tells you they changed it, I would leave it. I initially measured right on with my due date with my second. At 20 weeks I measured a week ahead, and by 36 weeks he was measuring a full two weeks ahead. They’ve always stuck with the due date given by my earliest scab though. They’ll all grow at different rates 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers