April 2019 Moms
Options

GTKY: Drink of Choice

2»

Re: GTKY: Drink of Choice

• Options
    Wine, wine, wine.  And seasonal....reds in the fall and winter, dry whites and rosé in the spring and summer.  Or depending on my meal - whites with fish and chicken, reds with a nice steak.  TBH i was nervous about not having wine for 9 months, because it had been a huge part of my social life, cooking/meal planning, and how I unwind at the end of a long day, but it's been surprisingly easier to cut out than I thought. I really didn't have a taste for it in the first tri and now I just feel like it's not worth it.  Plus I'm so tired by the end of the day now that my pillow is the new wine! 

April will be just about time to ring in rosé season...can DH's bring it to the hospital or is that not appropriate?!  Jk...kinda.

• Options
    @emeraldisle87 I think that is perfectly fine!! Rose sounds fantastic.....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @emeraldisle87 my BIL brought us some cheap sparkling wine last time. We toasted out of little paper cups at like 3am, complexly delirious. It was fun. 

@harveyisaboysname why have I never had a michelada?? I just googled and they sound amaaaazing. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Too many to list!  DH and I used to have a daily cocktail at 5pm to unwind and get reconnected with each other before dinner.  I used to spend lots of time planning them out and looking up fancy recipes when afternoons with DD got long and I needed something to look forward to.  

Mixed drinks: Manhattans and Sazeracs. 

Whiskey: Alll the scotches.  My favorites are the smoky ones like Laphroaig and Talisker, but a cheap blend like Shieldaig with soda was truly my go-to.  

Beer: I love a good Scotch Ale and a good Belgian.  Too bad they're usually the ones with the highest alcohol content, so least ripe for cheating.

Wine: I suck at keeping wine types straight, but I'm always there for any of it.  Pinot Noir is probably my fave. 

@thrillsmomma:  I like using a splash of Belvoir Elderflower soda in cocktails!  There's also a concentrated version that acts more like a syrup. Other than that, I'm all about mixing things up with bitters.  Scrappy's Bitters has some great starter sets (including things like lavender and celery!)

@emeraldisle87:  Most of my friends have brought something celebratory into the hospital and I have never heard of anyone getting in trouble.  I take something every time I visit a friend, so I have had a celebratory flute of bubbly in the hospital quite a few times. When we had DD, we brought Chimay Blue and Laphroaig.  My OB even drank some of the scotch as a toast to DD!  Our literature didn't prohibit it, and the worst they can ask you to do is put it away. 
  • Options
    I drink Pina Colada’s anywhere, but my favorite drink is the Hula’s Mai Tai. I very rarely drink alcohol though. My addiction is Dr Pepper. 
  • Options
    I already commented. But needed to add that I think a sweet tea (a real sweet tea from the south, or made by someone from the south, or chickfila will do) is actually the top of my list. 
  • Options
    I already commented. But needed to add that I think a sweet tea (a real sweet tea from the south, or made by someone from the south, or chickfila will do) is actually the top of my list. 
    So you should have no issue with Glucola 😉
  • Options
    @thatbaintforbetty YES! Love a nice amaretto sour! They look like very sophisticated serious drinks but taste like absolute heaven!

I LOVE red wine, big, bold, smooth ones. A local vineyard put one out in the last few years called the "Great big friggen red." I couldn't tell you what the blend was, but man did it taste good with a big ass steak. I love a nice cab sauv, carmanere, or borolo!

Also a big fan of wheat beer. Erdinger does a Weissbeer that I just love. And I cant wait to have a super dirty gin martini. I'm not usually a big rum fan either, but my husband discovered this rum called Bumbu a few months ago, and it smells so good that I HAVE to try it!
  • Options
    @kbirchtree OMG I looooove sweet tea. I just rarely have it because it’s so hard to find it decaf. Actually I’ve never found it decaf. So when I was prego with DD and then after she was born I was avoiding caffeine because whenever she did actually sleep I wanted to be able to sleep too, rather than lie awake hopped up on caffeine. It’s been a gaping hole in my life for 2.5 years. My favorite sweet tea ever is made by McAlister’s Deli, and we got one in my area right after DD was born and it’s been such a temptation. 
  • Options
    @TheSouffleGirl Yesss I miss scotch and manhattans!

My mom jokes that I drink like an old man- scotch, liquor-heavy whiskey drinks, campari/aperol and soda, and dark/malty/bitter beers.

Admittedly, I do have a soft spot for rose at any time of year.
  • Options
    I’m not a huge alcohol drinker, mainly because having more than one drink can trigger a migraine for me. When I do indulge or get a craving(not pregnant) I prefer something sweater. I love champagne and mimosas, chocolate martinis, and moscatos or Reisling. There’s winery around here that does an ice wine. It’s made from the grapes after the first frost. It’s pricey but amazing

No alcohloic drinks; Mostly water. But I do indulge it locally brewed root beer, peppermint mocha, and lemonade

On the Coke vs Pepsi. I prefer cherry coke, except when pregnant I prefer cherry Pepsi......it’s so strange to me
  • Options
    I rarely had alcohol before I was pregnant because DH doesn’t drink and it just seems weird to me to drink alone.  But when I do I like Moscow mules, amaretto sours, and red wine.  Non-alcoholic I love sweet tea or fruit punch.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Diet cherry dr.pepper or McDonald's diet coke!!
  • Options
    And another Gin and Tonic! 
    Or glass of sparkling white wine (American, French, Italian I like em all). 

Lately ive been wanting a Bloody Mary! I’m going to need to make a virgin, and take some tums lol! 
  • Options
    I don't discriminate. I drink alllll the beverages and miss them terribly right now!!! I probably drink wine and local craft beers most regularly but theres also nothing more that I love than a bloody Mary on a Sunday morning and vodka seltzer, or extra dirty martini on a weekend night. I cannot wait to enjoy some adult beverages in a few months!!!
    Laura
  • Options
    #1 choice: Cow's milk 💝 Pairs well with any meal.
    #2 choice: Caramel frappe. 😻 I love the texture and the taste. It's a treat I enjoy any day.