September 2019 Moms

***READ FIRST*** Board Organization

chichiphinchichiphin member
edited January 2019 in September 2019 Moms
Stolen from previous BMBs.  Full of great info! We can update down the road if we want!

Some links that you may find helpful: 
What do all of those abbreviations mean? 
How to add a signature 
How to GIF 

How-To Guides: 
-How to quote: Hit the "quote" at the bottom of the post you want to quote. You will be taken to the reply box with the quote set up already. 
-How to tag: Add an "@" in front of the username of the person you are talking to. 
-How to change your username: log in to TheKnot, hover over My Knot, and click Account Settings. Be sure to log out and log back in after changing your username. If you are having issues doing it that way, you can email community@thebump.com and ask them to change your username. Give them a few suggestions just in case your top choice is taken. It may take up to 24 hours for the name to update. 
-How to insert a spoiler box: click the drop down list arrow next to the paragraph symbol (sixth from the left, next to the emoji button) and choose spoiler. It will insert a grey box, and everything that you type in there will go into the spoiler. 

For the sake of board organization, here are some simple guidelines for posting threads: 
 DO: 
         -Introduce yourself in the "Introductions" thread 
        -Feel free to start one of the weekly posts listed below if you don't see it started yet
        -Check to see if a thread has already been started on your topic or question so we can avoid too many threads of the same topic
        -Post a thread that would apply to the entire community and doesn't fall into one of the categories for daily threads listed below (Ex: what to pack in your hospital bag, baby gear, etc) 
        -Comment, share advice and show support for your fellow bumpies; this is a two-way street, to get support, you must show it as well 

DON'T: 
        -Ask the community if you are pregnant, it is against TOU 
        -Post pictures of your pregnancy test, this is also against TOU (there is a thread on the open 1st tri page for this)
        -Post a thread that asks a question only applying to yourself unless you suspect you may be going through a MC 
        -Get bent out of shape if someone calls you out for not following these guidelines; if you expect to be part of a supportive board (which we are), you need to be able to take the time to learn the ins and outs of the board.

Here are some weekly/monthly ideas that may be good to start with. We can always add to best suit our boards needs, so please let me know if you have any other ideas! Per this BMB's decision, anyone can start any thread on the day. 

** MONDAY 
Weekly Randoms 
Meal Plan Monday
Due Date Week Groups:
- Group 1: September 1st-8th
- Group 2: September 9th-15th
- Group 3: September 16th-22nd
- Group 4: September 23rd-30th

**TUESDAY  
TW Tuesday 
Plus Size Mom Check-In

**WEDNESDAY 
HDBD (Hump Day, Bump Day) 
PGAL Check-In  

**THURSDAY 
TTGP Grad Check-In 
Thankful Thursday
Unpopular Opinion

**FRIDAY 
Flame Free Friday Confession (FFFC)   
Fit Friday
Product Spotlights

**SATURDAY 
Weekend Workout Warriors  

**SUNDAY 
Insomniac Randoms

**MONTHLY
Symptoms Thread
Appointments Thread
FTM Check-In
STM+ Check-In
AMA Check-In

**OTHER THREADS
GTKY Threads
High Risk 
Milestone Threads (specific appointments/weeks gestation, etc)
Breastfeeding Discussion
Overall Questions Thread

*We can also look into getting a spreadsheet going down the road when everyone gets more comfortable. 

Once we all get farther along, we will also have pinned threads for things like ultrasounds, sex announcements and birth announcements. I've copy/pasted this from previous boards, and it seems to be the way that they are all organized, but of course we should feel free to tweak for our needs! For example, some boards do weekly ticker changes while others do weekly due date check-ins (ex, DD 1st week of Nov.). If anyone has a suggestion for other threads, please feel free to comment a suggestion. PLEASE keep in mind that there will eventually be a lot of us on this board, and an organized board will be much easier for everyone to use. If we can all keep the one-off posts to a minimum the board won't be too cluttered to navigate, and hopefully we won't end up answering the same question 2,000 times.
**tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

bfp 12.22.18 letrozole + progesterone

d&e due to trisomy 13/hydrops at 15wks

bfp 7.21.19 letrozole + IUI 

little girl A born 3.26.20

Re: ***READ FIRST*** Board Organization

• @BumpAdmin can we get a sticky please??
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• I like that anyone can start any thread on any day! 💜
  • Loading the player...
  • I’ll be honest I took this entire blurb from June and now realize there is language about “decisions made” lol so all of this is def able to be changed!!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin Some of them have specific users assigned to the specific weekly things? Which... I didn't love the idea of bc I'm relatively used to TTGP, the whole whoever gets to it first on that day can/should post. So I'm hoping the will of the board will be the same as the one you ripped it from haha.

There are some more/different day-of-the-week ones from other BMBs-- here are some that sounded alright that aren't in June's but are in August's: a Bitchfest, a Product Spotlight, Ask a STM, a GTKY.

Also: Did we get our sticky from @BumpAdmin yet?
  • Hi all,

Love these ideas. But, I wonder what people think about the breakdown in check in by groups? Do you think it just divides the group more? Wouls it be easier to get to know everyone if we just did one weekly check in, regardless of EDD? In a few weeks the date differences won’t matter as much.

Anyways, just a thought!

Happy Thursday
  • chichiphinchichiphin member
    edited January 2019
    @bostonlady-2 usually BMB do break-downs so others can connect with similar situations/times of development. Other boards def do overflow in the monthly boards as well as GTKY's etc. 

Maybe we could do symptoms & appointments of the week rather than month? That would give a weekly discussion for everyone as well. 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @bostonlady-2 I think that's a good point, though there should be enough other places we can check-in with each other that it should be fine-- like all the FTMs & STMs can check in with each other on those boards, & a weekly GTKY should help w/ that, too. I think having some special ones and others that anyone who wants to can participate in makes sense. 

I like symptoms/week rather than month. I feel like having only a few monthly ones makes sense with more weekly ones? That would be my preference at least.

I have a Capricorn Moon AND a Capricorn Rising, so I really cannot help but weigh in in terms of organization haha.
  • @bostonlady-2. I think that’s a good point. It does feel a little separated, but it’s also frustrating to read about things that are not applicable yet or are in the past for others. I’m wondering if keeping a separate check in for just the first trimester would work nicely. Once everyone gets to the 11-14 week point, many things will just be the same for everyone. 
  • We have Symptoms and Appointments as both weekly and monthlies in the above organization-- can we edit it so they're in just one? I think we decided on weekly for the symptoms, but IDK about appointments.

Also, a friendly reminder: if you start a thread, please include the date/week/month! 
  • Whoops, I just noticed that PgAL check-in should be on Wednesdays! Will do that now moving forward. Thanks for the organization!
  • The post/board (Jan. '19) I am ripping the Product Spotlight Series from is very organized (my heart!) & has a *Google Sheetz Spreadsheet* of which products they wanted to do each week & then a link to the post. So I made us our own! I like that they put the link to each thread on the chart for easy access. Also, I like how it goes into their birth month, though I'm not sure the series continued after most mommas had their showers/sprinkles. I'm happy to be the one who posts this most weeks, and I'm happy to post it on Fridays. I'll be traveling some weeks, so I added in a column that has a name for who's supposed to schedule it in case I need to recruit someone.

I want to start with vitamins, though, rather than something on a registry since I know many of us are still a little "cautiously optimistic" & not necessarily thinking about registries/showers quite yet. If anyone else can think of any non-registry items for the next couple of weeks (OR any registry essentials that aren't included), I'm happy to fit them in where the question marks are on the spreadsheet! Right now the first "registry item" is baby carriers & I put on what I think would be the one of the first Fridays ppl here should begin 2nd tri.

Alright! Here's our VERY OWN S19 Google Sheetz PSS Spreadsheet! Hoping for some suggestions for those question marks! & I'll be posting the Vitamins thread today. 
  • Thanks for doing all of that @kagesstarshroom !

i have an idea for another thread: “insomniac randoms” or something like that. Anyone that can’t sleep or wakes up in the middle of the night can be random and we can keep each other entertained. Could be memes, weird dreams, deep thoughts, a rant, a fear, anything? I’m open to honest opinions on this  :) 
  • Would anyone mind if we change the weekly group checkin format slightly? Right now the titles are really
    long & could be simplified.

In my prior BMB (March 2019) they simply titled it Week X Check-in w/o.... When you click on it there’s more info (see sample below). We could keep the “baby is size of a” if you like. What do you all think?

For ladies due September 1 to September 8

Due date: 

Rants/Raves:

Questions:

How are you feeling?

GTKY: Whoever gets to posting the weekly checkin first can choose an interesting topic here to get to know their group better. 
  • @keikilove I think that is good going forward - this first round though needed dates so folks know the date break down
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin Thanks for the feedback, that makes sense. So maybe a ways down the road, once more people join us...
  • Would you all be ok with adding some fitness-related topics? They could help us stay healthy during pregnancy & weekly prompts would help motivate. We can do one or more of these. What do you think?

Fit Mama Monday

Workout Wednesday

Fit Friday (already listed)

Weekend Warriors
  • edited January 2019
    Yay for all this org. stuff! Could we also clarify in the initial post whether "Appointments" and "Symptoms" are going to be weekly or monthly posts? Right now they're listed as both, which is confusing to me. I don't really mind which way we go w/ them (I think they're monthly now? Though I haven't seen anyone post an Appointments thread? Just Announcements, which I am mentioning bc it *also* starts with an "A" lol and doesn't have a month/date/anything on it--Should we make that a sticky? Or do a new one each month? Again, I have no opinion either way except it might help to make it clear in the initial post what it's "supposed" to be.) That was a long parenthetical.

@chichiphin Since I started the Product Spotlight Series this on Friday & the sheets doc has each product thread starting on Fridays, that could be moved from "Other" to "Friday." Thanks!

ETA: to add a tag!
  • keikilovekeikilove member
    edited January 2019
    @chichiphin & @kagesstarshroom Thank you for taking the lead on this! I love that our board is going to be ORGANIZED!!! As far as appointments, I think that could just go in the weekly check-in thread. Then, we could start just a few new sticky ones once we all get to the big ones like the 12-week genetics appointment(which also sometimes includes gender), and the Gender appointment, the 20-week anatomy scan appointment. I’m just brainstorming here, not really sure how this affects anything. 

Announcements—I don’t know what this is. Is it when members/admin have to make an announcement to the whole group about a changing rule or something? Or is this for people to share their announcements/how they’re telling the world? Either way, I think a one-time thread could work for this, no need to refresh every new month. 

Symptoms—This can also be one ongoing thread. Then we can have a sticky Questions thread at the top. People can post any weird symptoms that they need help with on either place. 
  • chichiphinchichiphin member
    edited January 2019
    Announcements was started by someone who wanted to talk about letting friends and family know - so maybe we can ask that person to change it to Pregnacy Announcments or something? 

ETA - I’m really glad other people are helping to keep this sh*t organized!!
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Personally I think “Appointments” should be monthly until like the 3rd tri. You only have like one a month until then. The NIPT and Anatomy scan should get their own threads. 
  • Agreed @lillywonderland - we can blame June BMB for not getting it perfect before I jacked it ;)
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• @chichiphin @lillywonderland @keikilove This all sounds good to me! As long as we have enough weekly/daily threads for people to create, as I think those are important for community building and the monthly/others are more important for... not having to answer the same question a zillion times AND avoiding one-off posts that are super selfishly sharey, like everyone posting their own sex announcement would be insane, for example. I think it's okay to just go ahead and make some edits to the original post, too, that make sense to us? I doubt ppl would read this far down the thread to see any changes we've made? Question: Can we (and by "we" I mean you, @chichiphin since you posted the original) make changes to that initial post the whole life of the board/no?
  • What would people think about people think about doing the symptoms weekly rather than monthly? We already have almost 70 comments on that thread and it’s not even half way through January. It’s hard and overwhelming to go through all those comments if you get a little behind. Maybe that’s just me though 😅
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Lol I tried to make edits on mobile so I may have missed something - FYI i only have 3 weeks left to edit the main post 
    **tw**

married 11.1.14

ttc #1 since 5.18

• Personally, I’d like to see the Symptoms and Questions also be monthly. But I’m not usually intimidated by the longer threads and since we’re gonna have a lot of daily/weekly threads already it would help to keep the clutter down on the board and be easier to find. 
    edited January 2019
    Symptoms once a month sounds good. How about just one Questions thread pinned at the top? That way people can easily see where to post their questions & it should help cut down a lot on one-offs. 
  • I do have two questions, since it's been so long so I've last been here.

How do you log out and how do you change your profile picture?
    edited January 2019
    @cimmanon To log out from mobile, select Home. Your profile pic should appear in upper right hand corner. Click on it, it should take you to Account Preferences & the option to logout. 

This question can also go in the newly posted Questions thread. :-)
  • Hi everyone! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help with keeping the board organized. I saw that A19 has a spreadsheet with all of the different threads. Do we have one/is that something you'd want to do? Sorry if I'm butting in, I just want to be super active here :smile:
    edited January 2019
    Hi @themadcamel, I think we are all just posting whatever we think is helpful right now. Not sure that anything’s been assigned, but @kagesstarshroom did make a spreadsheet like you are describing. It’s in the comments toward the top of this thread.🙂
  • @keikilove sounds good to me. I see the product spotlight spreadsheet now, thank you!

Maybe we could get a spreadsheet for everything else going towards the end of the first tri? I wouldn't mind creating that. I love spreadsheets!! Lol!
  • @themadcamel @keikilove Yeah, I felt like for the product spotlight we needed some sort of next-level organization--I'm not sure what the A19 spreadsheet looks like/its purpose (maybe a link to the post if you think we need one?), but I would think it's only necessary to do something like that once we can no longer edit this original post, and i know @chichiphin can do so for at least a few more weeks. Ideally, if we could get that org post perfect & then there'd be no need for a spreadsheet?

i also like that for most things anyone can post the initial post-- i took initiative on the product spotlight series bc we have so many STM/+ here, & i know it's probably *most* beneficial for the FTMs (like me) (as i'm guessing a sprinkle is more like a Diet Shower & there's less emphases on products/registries/some stm+ might not even have them & more emphases on the celebration aspect?), so i figured i would just... do it so that it happened.
  • @kagesstarshroom Thanks for doing all of that legwork. I think A19 had people sign up for the specific threads, so it makes sense for them to have a spreadsheet. It *might* also include links to posts (I haven’t looked at it). But yeah, if everything is organized to the group’s liking then we probably won’t need one. :smile:
    And I agree that it’s nice that anyone can start the initial posts. 
  • @chichiphin In the very first post in this thread, would you mind bolding the instructions for changing username, and/or move it to the top of How To Guide?  *Hopefully* that will help cut down on the repeat instructions on our board. Thank you!  
  • August group had a "Furbaby Friday", though it could just be a monthly or even just a one time board for people to post on.
  • @lilyclover We did this as a GTKY! I hope you find it & show us yr furbabes!
  • @chichiphin What’s TOU?  I couldn’t find it on the acronym board...
  • @janeadc it stands for "Terms of Use". 
    *TW*
    Me: 32 │ DH: 35 
    Married 8/16/13
    BFP#1 DS 11/13/16
    BFP# 2 MMC dx @ 13w 10/30/18
    BFP# 3 Preemie DD born at 38w (IUGR) on 8/28/19 weighing 5.5lbs. Our little miracle  <3

• @kagesstarshroom I found it! Thank you!