August 2019 Moms

Post Ultrasound Pics Here!

Re: Post Ultrasound Pics Here!

• Loading the player...
  • @newmamakt yay, due date buddies!! ❤️
  • @khusro good luck and I hope things continue to go well for you :) I started spotting the week after I found out I was pregnant and freaked out. They had me go in and didnt see much. They said “it could either be a molar pregnancy, an early miscarriage, or nothing at all.” I felt so miserable having to wait for them to do blood work and call me back to say everything seemed fine. But I felt better when I went in for my appt this week and actually saw a heart beat (two actually 😰) 
  • @suzycupcake, your post was so sweet. I’m so happy for you. 

*Live, Love, Laugh, Learn*

• @suzycupcake I know! I don’t like being right on the border. I think I will hang here even if I get bumped back another day 😉
  • @dogmomma096 US measurements can be off by up to 5 days either way, so just one day difference won't affect your EDD.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• some of us are bound to end up delivering in July and some in September (hopefully we will have cooperative babes and stick to just these 3 months, no earlier!) so really no reason to move on over! Everyone should hang...
    BabyFruit Ticker}
  • @parrothead78 Your u/s says the gestational age is 8w2d. Are you sure you're 9 weeks today? Also, not sure why your Doctor said it's too early to hear a heart beat. We could hear our baby's before 9 weeks. Not sure what the norm is though. 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

How I feel all of the time.
    My 7 Year Journey ***Tw in spoiler***
    IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    FET #1 - October 2018; cancelled, all PGS aneuploid
    FET #1 - November 30th, transferred anyway
    Wondfo BFP 5dp5dt, CB Digi 6dpt, 
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

TTC #1 since 2011. Tried for 5 years before we knew there was a one year rule.
    Diag w/MS 2016; w/PCOS & IF 2017
    New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI
    IUI #1 July 2017 w/100mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #2 October 2017 w/50mg Clo+trigger; BFN; benched w/big cysts
    IUI #3 February 2018 w/5mg Femara+trigger; low P
    BFP February; mc March; Subclinical hypothyroid started Levothyroxine 
    IUI #4 March 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Medicated cycle & TI April 2018 w/7.5mg Femara+trigger; BFN
    Tried several cycles on our own; all BFN

• @suzycupcake there is a lot of controversy about hearing the heart beat with ultrasound at an early age as there is the possibility that it can adversely effect the embryo/fetus. anything before 12 weeks can be hit or miss to hear it with an external doppler and many providers don't try because it adds to stress that there might be something wrong if you don't hear the HB.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 Thanks for that. Does the same apply to internal u/s? 
    People think we become mothers when we give birth but the truth is we become mothers the moment we start calling our babies to us in our thoughts, dreams and prayers. Some paths are short and some are so long that you can easily forget where you were headed.

IVF
    IVF #1 - September 2018; Follistim, Menopur, Cetrotide & Lupron/HCG combo trigger; PGS; ICSI
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

New RE 2018; PCOS diagnosis taken away, IF due to ovary adhesions, but prev. RE insists PCOS IF

IUI

• @suzycupcake so weather the US is TV or Abdominal using it to hear the HB can possibly adversely effect the baby (there is still some controversy about this but a lot of US techs/MD's are moving towards showing you the HB but not letting you listen till they are older). The dopplers at home or in the office that are used across the stomach don't have the same effect but may not be powerful enough to pick up the HB until the baby is bigger. (I think some of this is due to the fact the uterus is still tucked behind the pelvis till 12 weeks). Does that make sense?
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @wabash15 YGPM.

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @wabash15 @suzycupcake that is news to me. I’ve had four TV ultrasounds in the past 3 weeks (yay first trimester bleeding) and each time they have shown me the HB and measured it. The first time at my OB’s office I was 7w and they let me hear it. 
  • @wabash15 @suzycupcake @mspagoda We saw and heard the HB at our 6w4d scan with our RE - she also measured it. There may be practitioners who disagree but my RE clearly feels there’s not significant evidence of risk... 
  • @suzycupcake It was that particular measurement on that picture. it automatically changes the date. Other angles said different dates too, but she kept Aug 16 based on the others! 
    Yeah, I’m not sure about the heartbeat either. I trust her though, she was my OB for DD. 
  • @parrothead78 I'm talking about in the lower right corner of your ultrasound photo, it reads, "GA 8w2d". Does that mean you were actually 8w2d along on that date? NBD, was just curious. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• @suzycupcake no worries! Here is another one. We got 5 pictures to take home and this one says 8wk5d and top left corner says GA=8wk6d the bottom corner of the first is what the machine calculated based on that measurement but there wasn’t a consistent measurement. DH and I did the deed once in my ovulation window so she’s keeping the Aug 16 due date based on the other measurements and last cycle. I know it sounds confusing.
  • I get it now @parrothead78 Thanks. I had no idea they measured that way. I assumed they only could go off of LMP, which seems strange to me anyway. 

IVF
    Back on Levothyroxine
    1st Beta on 7dpt 93
    2nd Beta on 10dpt 510!

IUI

• Due date buddies!  8/16!  Congrats on a great first U/S.  ♥️
  • @zamora_spin @mspagoda its not seeing or measuring the HB its when they make it audible for you to hear via US. and again its debated weather this is an issue... My first RE let us hear the HB as early as 6 1/2 weeks, but I have been to other facilities who don't do it till the end of the first tri. 
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx

• @jmesue1030 Yay!! I’m so happy for you! 
  • Wishing you all a great pregnancy. I am exiting this page as I lost my baby yet again. But God is faithful! Be kind to one another! 
  • @bea0725 I am so very sorry for your loss. Could you please put a TW on your post. THis is not what I thought I might be seeing in this thread and your post could be very triggering for our other PGAL ladies. I hope you get your rainbow soon
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx